Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 08:17 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 08:15:
Betting at a fight? I am shocked. SHOCKED!

i guess that means you didn't see it? aldo hasn't been defeated in ten years, and the manner of his downfall was, shall we say, anticlimatic.

mr tact: hahaha you got me. i realized this was the wrong date to post this too but you responded to me before i could edit it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 08:14 Nucas

anyone else catch the aldo/macgregor fight last night? i saw more than one person angrily slapping money into another's hand.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: UK citizens may soon need licenses to photograph some stuff they already own Dec 13, 2015, 08:13 Nucas

Lorcin wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 19:33:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 18:46:
"UK citizens may soon need licenses to photograph some stuff they already own"

What's next? A license just to be able to LOOK at something?

We already have that:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/?&WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand

If you own a TV you must buy a license to watch it costing 145 per year.

wow. i can't believe that. and here i break america's balls for it's pro-corporate money worshipping.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 07:59 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:48:
Retired wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:26:
I love the game. Running 6 toons. (I don't play MMOs, I play this cause of the lore.)
Same here, but only 4 toons for me. I'm really playing because of the lore as well, getting to see all the regions and world it pretty damn cool. Lighter

Also, I'm betting it's more like 38 gig download for the 45 gig install, since there is compression. They did make a mistake by not making it for 5 to 7 days.

i'm generally disinterested by mmos, and love the elder scrolls. i just bought an amulet of akatosh from the beth store (don't judge me) but that was another of my qualms in ESO in addition to how outright boring it is: it just has some bad, bad lore. it shouldn't surprise me that there would be contradictory or stupid material considering how many writers must be working on it but god damn is it stupid sometimes. and the quest design.. eruughh. in the daggerfall covenant at least it's just an endless chain of "go here, kill 20 things, figure out which daedric prince is causing trouble this time!

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
37. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 07:47 Nucas

Bubicus wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 02:40:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:46:
@ CJ

It's a pre-pre-alpha. You shouldn't expect it to handle a 1% setup like yours (3x mons, SLI)

They have raised an average of $100 per contributor, they have extremely high system requirements... and you think his setup is in the top 1%?! Surely the average contributor would have a high-end setup.

i don't think he means the system in a financial sense, since that seems to be how you took it - even though that is also true. it's a 1% system in the sense that it is unconventional. i actually stopped reading his text wall when he listed his 3 monitors and 2 graphics cards because real games from big budget studios can have problems with that kind of shit, let alone an alpha release from a company that is, at best, dysfunctional.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
19. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 18:21 Nucas

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

you know, i never thought about it that way.. in light of everything, that actually seems true. the accelerating news reports and updates, etc.

meanwhile i'll continue to idly hope squadron 42 (that's the name of their campaign, right?) somehow gets released. don't really care much about the rest of that shitshow.

News Comments > Gearbox Studio Quebec Opens
4. Re: Gearbox Studio Quebec Opens Dec 12, 2015, 18:15 Nucas

i don't think i've been interested in a gearbox title since they were hanging on valve's coattails.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 18:11 Nucas

after playing skyrim earlier this year for the first time, i wanted to jump in and love this game. started a daggerfall covenant character with some friends, but the game bores me to tears. i knew it was time to hang it up when i was literally nodding off to sleep at like 3 in the afternoon on a day off while playing it.

the quest design is so boring, the writing is so fucking bad, and just more of the same puerile mmo combat. all my friends ended up dropping off but one, who says the aldmeri dominion is more interesting and this and that but i just couldn't do it. felt like going to work.

22. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 10, 2015, 02:52 Nucas

Retired wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 21:45:
Nucas wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:54:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:26:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

For me, no I'm not. Trump is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences. He's got brass balls. Putin doesn't come close to Trump in testicular fortitude, but wishes he did.

it's always instructive to see how easily the masses are dazzled by a willingness to discard the US constitution for initiatives that literally don't make any sense. let's piss money away on building an anti-brown-person wall and ban islam. and preferably shift the tax burden onto the lower and middle classes and cut the corporations more breaks. yes, so ballsy.

it also says everything that trump's fans seem to esteem putin, a guy currently illegally annexing another nation's sovereign territory. whose administration has literally publicly assassinated journalists and wrongfully prosecutes political dissension. apparently a complete lack of ethical boundaries is what gets the "conservative's" rocks off.

You just detailed the last 100 years of US politics.....yet you chastise another for doing so......

a meaningless non-statement. corruption, bullshit and self service describes all of human history. the US has the framework to be more than this and it's our responsibility to try.

12. Re: Angela Merkel Beats Trump for Person of the Year - TIME. Dec 9, 2015, 18:54 Nucas

Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:26:
Julio wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 18:25:
Personally, Trump appeals to me more and more. He's got balls, unlike pretty much any other politician in recent memory.

You are confusing balls with populism

For me, no I'm not. Trump is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences. He's got brass balls. Putin doesn't come close to Trump in testicular fortitude, but wishes he did.

it's always instructive to see how easily the masses are dazzled by a willingness to discard the US constitution for initiatives that literally don't make any sense. let's piss money away on building an anti-brown-person wall and ban islam. and preferably shift the tax burden onto the lower and middle classes and cut the corporations more breaks. yes, so ballsy.

it also says everything that trump's fans seem to esteem putin, a guy currently illegally annexing another nation's sovereign territory. whose administration has literally publicly assassinated journalists and wrongfully prosecutes political dissension. apparently a complete lack of ethical boundaries is what gets the "conservative's" rocks off.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 10:20 Nucas

i bought a couple nice jackets/coats/sweaters last winter, since we were getting single-digit temperatures every night. i remember thinking "well, may as well wear these out now before the climate is fucked and i can't anymore."

i wasn't being serious, earth. please don't be fucked so soon.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
12. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 6, 2015, 18:27 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 18:07:
Did they actually create DOTA 2? I thought they just kinda bought that? I'm probably just confused -- getting old sucks.

little of both, like always. the dota mod changed hands a few times and when it became the most played mod in the world valve hired current designer to develop a "dota 2" with them.

it's kind of their thing. they bought the team that made narbacular drop and thus was born the similar Portal. left 4 dead was being developed by turtle rock who valve also purchased.

8. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 6, 2015, 17:31 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:15:
How long has it been since they actually released a game? Left 4 Dead in 2010?

the DOTA 2 money train left the station in 2013 and that's what they mostly seem concerned with nowadays. i once read an estimate that it makes valve 18 million dollars a month.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2015, 18:30.

5. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 6, 2015, 16:40 Nucas

NKD wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 15:30:
Doesn't really matter even if it were true. We all know they have some skeleton crew working on HL3 for years now. But without it being a priority for the company even its existence doesn't guarantee it'll ever see the light of day.

some douche youtubers "scooped" the skeleton crew thing again back in july, but this time added the detail that the employee they spoke to said a primary motivation now is that valve is afraid of fucking up their money train if gamers "turn on them", "like what happened with mass effect 3".

i replayed half life 2 for the first time in 10 years a month ago and i didn't remember how bad its ai is, or how much of its gameplay revolved around physics gimmicks. it's pretty stale.

valve dragged their feet with 3 and the world moved on.

News Comments > Shadwen Announced
5. Re: Shadwen Announced Dec 5, 2015, 02:19 Nucas

looks like a digipen presentation.

i would like to take this opportunity to point out that raven software's last game, Singularity, was without a doubt their best work and an excellent take on a time-travel shooter with horror elements and a cool story. it is also 7 dollars on g2a.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
23. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 02:10 Nucas

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 21:45:
This totally RUINS our annual "Blue's News I found the shittiest, cheapest game and I'm gifting it to you" tradition we do every xmas!

I think I still owe Prez a payback for the $3-$5 Duke Nukem Forever he gifted me, that I forced myself to play for 3 hours...

hahahhaah well you're a better friend then me

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
24. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 23:47 Nucas

wow, glad i resisted the urge to preorder this on the last sale. trying to think of what to move on to after i finally suck the marrow from fallout 4's bones. maybe mad max.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
13. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 17:06 Nucas

choo choo, all aboard the money train.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 16:32 Nucas

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:36:
I skipped Unity after all the outcry, but I really like Syndicate. It's pretty, the zip line is fun, Evie is cool, and I like the way you can customize each character differently via separate skill trees.

(Though I'd like it just a bit more if it didn't involve kidnapping missions where I end up killing the person, their guards, the police, and anyone else in a 100 yard radius. )

It's certainly not game changing (at all), but it feels more polished, gameplay wise.

that's good to hear, i'm going to need something to segue to after fallout 4. i actually wanted to like unity, but it was just so.. bad.

i really wish they would just leave the retarded GENETIC MEMORY ANCESTOR bullshit behind and fully embrace their lore, because that part is just embarrassingly stupid.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
31. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 16:46 Nucas

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 16:08:
  • ZeniMax/Bethseda (will turn it into a watered down, open-world explore a spaceship game with buggy Gamebryo and Dialog Wheel, and hope the mods will fix it)

• and of course the power of imagination npc interaction (one npc says to another "stop fidgeting while i get these bandages on you!" meanwhile, both npcs are standing there, looking at each other, motionless)

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo