Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 30, 2015, 05:21 Nucas

back in the early 2000s, maybe 2001, i bought a PSU from tigerdirect. when i received it, the box appeared shrink wrapped but the tape under the wrap was cut. inside was a brick. an actual red brick.

i never used them again. i figured they must have gone under years ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 10:29 Nucas

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 22:18:
Super secret txt to follow:
The music was fucking HORRIBLE. Which REALLY surprised me. Even 1-3 had some fucking awesome Williams trademark music, but there was NOTHING that even remotely peaked my ears.

even 1 to 3? every one of those movies has a jaw-dropping and identifiable music element that upstages the original trilogy. duel of the fates, across the stars, battle of the heroes.

i can only assume either a) jj abrams instructed him to make the compositions subdued (i've heard in the past that spielberg described star wars as silent movies driven by the bombastic score, i always liked that analogy) or, sadly b) williams' is just getting older and losing the touch. he passed on scoring bridge of spies, the first movie of spielberg's he hasn't scored in.. what, ever? because it was just getting to be too much for him.

jj abrams has always had a taste for pedestrian scores, judging by his constantly re-using michael giacchino.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2015, 10:35.

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
22. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 29, 2015, 10:07 Nucas

Tom wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 01:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 20:26:
These people worked the hours, now pay up! (WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?) And if not, there better be a big fucking bonus when you slimey bastards DO finally pay! You can't even begin to possibly tell me they didn't see this coming like a month or two or six in advance?! BULL-SHIT!
Ok, so you thought the suits could see it coming but the employees couldn't? Or is it that you don't think employees have any responsibility to find another job on their own when they know their current place is circling the drain?

Employment is a two-way street with rights and responsibilities on both ends. Pretending otherwise is counter-productive.

rights and responsibilities.. what an audacious comment.

your responsibility is to provide performance on par with the pay. it's not your responsibility to divine the company's financial situation (and i think we can assume it was being obfuscated from everyone but the people writing the checks), or attempt to deduce when the leadership is getting ready to cash out while still making use of your services, for free.

it's no one's responsibility to guard against getting literally robbed by their employer.

this comment is in the worst traditions of american money-worshipping and excusing runaway greed. everyone imagines they're the plucky entrepreneur.. or someday soon by golly, they will be! guess what, you're actually the stiff getting fucked.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2015, 10:16.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
66. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 27, 2015, 05:21 Nucas

Rossafur wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 23:12:
Nucas wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 22:59:
i think it makes sense. he's powerful but undisciplined, possibly untrained. snoke isn't a sith, and it seems apparent kylo ren hasn't been taught how to use or even maybe even make a lightsaber, because his looks like shit, and he hacks away amateurishly with it. star wars has never lacked for good choreography (in the last 15 years anyway), we have to assume they made it look that way on purpose, to convey a message.

I *hope* you're not giving them too much credit there... Star Wars has always been merchandising first, story second, -so I'm not entirely sure the primary villain's weapon was purposefully designed to be lame in appearance when they planned to sell a ton of Kylo Ren action figures and lightsabers (which I'm sure they have already).

i totally get the cynicism (particularly as i've always thought jj abrams' movies were very clinical and uninteresting) but the scene that really hammered this home was when he and finn clash sabers and are face to face. you can see luke's blade is smooth and clean, and kylo ren's looks rough and sounds rough. you can see stray bolts of energy crackling along it. they also really take pains to avoid "darth" or "sith" titles. i'm very interested in seeing who or what snoke is, or what kylo ren's "training" consisted of since a keystone of it was killing a family member, apparently.

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 17:52:
harlock wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 17:46:
your reactions to everything are so painfully mediocre, predictable and banal...

I would hope the irony of your statement verses your postings isn't lost on you.

Hello, pot!

i was going to leave it alone, but fucking ding

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2015, 05:35.

63. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 26, 2015, 22:59 Nucas

KilrathiAce wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 09:33:
Kylo is so good with the force that earlier he sensed someone firing blaster at him in the back of him like 100 meters away, he managed to instantly freeze the blaster fire mid air and freeze the shooter, the blaster mid air remained frozen by his force trick for next 5 minutes while kylo was doing other stuff... thats some powerful use of the force, and yet later in the movie he seems to be portayed as very green in force and seemed to lack any training with light saber... just makes no sense.

i think it makes sense. he's powerful but undisciplined, possibly untrained. snoke isn't a sith, and it seems apparent kylo ren hasn't been taught how to use or even maybe even make a lightsaber, because his looks like shit, and he hacks away amateurishly with it. star wars has never lacked for good choreography (in the last 15 years anyway), we have to assume they made it look that way on purpose, to convey a message.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2015, 05:25.

39. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 26, 2015, 02:37 Nucas

Rossafur wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 21:16:
I walked out of it feeling like I must have seen a different movie than everyone else before me, so much so that from where I sat I thought everyone else in the theater wouldn't have found me crazy to say, "Well, I guess it was better than The Phantom Menace..."

Not only does it repeat the beats of ANH, it repeats all the less-than-stellar aspects of it as well, such as awkward pacing and HEAVY reliance on coincidence (I know, I know, everything can be explained away with "the force") and then doubled-down on inexplicably perfect characters who can achieve amazing feats with zero applicable training/experience (oh, yeah, right, the force...). Rey out-does both Han Solo and then Luke Skywalker, within what felt like must have been a single day into her adventure.
Oh and then Finn goes from being traumatized by seeing one of his comrades get killed to being A-OK with (even gleefully cheering about) wasting all those same guys he spent his entire life growing up and training with in about an hour (then even less time to become life-long pals with Po and Rey). Hokay...
Kylo Ren... should not have been unmasked (literally and... emotionally?) that early. Now they have to do some SERIOUS work on his character to get anyone to fear/respect him as a real villain in the future. I would like to know how anyone who actually watched all the previous movies (for the first time) in chronological order felt about Darth Vader by his end vs those who knew him as Darth Vader first and Lil' Anni second...

i hit the bar with my friends right after the movie and we discussed all these points and deduced the following:

-rey is already demonstrated to be a competent fighter before she discovers the force - in addition, not being compromised emotinally (by being a whiny little goth bitchboy) gives her a clear up upper hand.
-no one is a "darth" - none of these people are sith, which means lightsaber training may not even be something snoke knows, or can provide. this makes more sense in light of kylo ren's lightsaber being so unconventional, and looking and sounding so rough compared to luke's old smooth and well-made one. it implies he had no training in it's construction or use, and makes the comical "children-hacking-at-each-other" fight make more sense.
-i think the movie takes real pains to show this generation of jedi is immensely powerful compared to their forebears, but young and undisciplined. the movie starts by showing kylo ren's raw power then contrasts it with what a whiny bitch he is.
-one of my friends brought up finn's apparent turnabout, in his willingness to gun down the first order, but i think it makes sense. it's natural that he had some friends in an organization he still hated and feared. i think people forget that after being disturbed by the death of one of his apparent friends, he's then is only one who doesn't fire on the villagers. his and poe's friendship i also thought really worked considering he was never able to be himself around the first order "friends" he had, and the two actors just have such great chemistry they make it work.

all that said, i think good movie-making would have relayed these points without needed a fucking analysis. i also agree that despite his clear intent to kill his father and how he seems a lot less conflicted after, he's still so emotional and over the top that he just seems like a punchline.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2015, 01:09 Nucas

i'd consider christmas a cultural institution. i like having a tree, eating turkey, and giving people presents even if i have no respect for the supposed religious foundation. so merry christmas blues news.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
35. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 22:56 Nucas

Xil wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 04:38:
WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
I can't understand why anyone with more than a purely casual, take-it-or-leave it attitude about games would voluntarily confine himself to OS X or a Linux distro.

I kicked Windows out of the house about 6 years ago and been running opensuse on all systems at home.

As a gamer I have to agree it was difficult but often I get pretty far using Wine and I come to live with the fact that big AAA games simply won't come out and thus I get them on the PS4 if I really want them.

why are you inconveniencing yourself like this, over an operating system choice? i don't understand.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
9. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 23, 2015, 07:35 Nucas

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:03:
And they're still working on another full-size content expansion (which might bring a Necromancer class, who knows?). I have no problem with them continuing the frankly excellent and FREE content updates for as long as they're willing to.

are they though? i don't think there's ever been more than rumors about a second expansion

News Comments > Xsyon Drops Subscriptions
6. Re: Xsyon Drops Subscriptions Dec 23, 2015, 01:04 Nucas

well i guess that was a good policy because i've never heard of it before and now i have..? so they've got that going for them.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Overview
6. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Overview Dec 23, 2015, 01:02 Nucas

i hit paragon 600, started placing on the crusader leaderboard before i had to finally ask myself if the gameplay of diablo 3 was really any fun anymore.  

News Comments > GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale
5. Re: GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale Dec 22, 2015, 01:33 Nucas

mother fuck, bought a copy of quake 1 because i just want a version that runs with the music and all and no mounting images or anything and they're selling it without the soundtrack.  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 19:17 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 17:29:
RoboNerd wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 13:48:
Donald Trump circa 1998

I see this one is making the rounds. How perfect - nevermind true - is that?

Sorry Cutter, but Snopes says this one is bogus...

Even if he didn't say it, the sentiment is true. If I was an immoral man I could have easily become a rich and famous right-wing extremist talk show host. The more extreme, virulent, and asinine the claim, the more they love it.

"even if he didn't say it, i don't care because i'm trying to make a point." that's really no different than the behavior you're denigrating, mister moral authority. i know their kind will think "lie-beral" no matter what but no need to actually stoop to their level.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
37. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 17:25 Nucas

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 01:20:
And while I never finished Mafia (race car part pre-patch) Mafia II was one of the few games that I fucking loved/hated the ending because the deal was for Vito, not for Joe (and I really wanted to save Joe).

mafia 2 originally had a bit more meat on its bones, including multiple endings related to how you conducted yourself in the game. unfortunately most of them were quite limp and as time became a great factor, it was just turned into a linear game and the vito ending was chosen as "the best one".

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2015, 16:40 Nucas

i still use a 2013 copy of winamp lite with a skin i downloaded back in 1999. tried foobar and a few others but just didn't really see a point in switching away.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
8. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 16:53 Nucas

i'm pretty amped they're making another one of these. first one was something special, hope they find their way back to that.  

News Comments > Remastered Turok Released
1. Re: Remastered Turok Released Dec 17, 2015, 18:07 Nucas

what a weird release. the original never even made it off n64 to PC, and was widely mocked for the wall of fog.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Gun Control
11. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 19:59 Nucas

i'm trying to think of any time, ever, that a "fan community" hasn't been pissed about something they're used to changing.

or really just any human, anywhere. at any time.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2015, 20:48 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 17:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 17:28:
A real keyboard -- no windows key.
Sweet kb but I prefer the quiet browns in a
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html
wow, it's perfect. the size, everything. where do you snag one of those?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 20:23 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 11:42:
The storyline I was most surprised by was the Aldmeri Dominion. I avoided it until I had to play it, since don't play villains in games. I sure didn't want to play an Aldmeri jerk! Backstab . It turned out to be a struggle I could get behind, without giving away spoilers. In fact, I'm still memorized by her behind. Mwahaha
my last friend playing it says the same thing. when i'm done with fallout 4 i might fire up an AD character and give it a whirl.

i was just disappointed by what a totally conventional MMO it was. no new ground trod. a lot of people i know got into ESO because they love elder scrolls and weren't expecting the kind of silly MMO stuff that is everywhere in it, including one of the friends in my initial group. stuff like "Save 5 Priests of Stendarr", go untie 5 of them, and then you can't interact with any of the others still trapped in the bandit camp was confusing to her, though it's an obvious MMO mechanic to us.

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo