Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 27, 2016, 21:52 Nucas

"Your status updates, your uploaded photos, your videos, all of it is going to be inaccessible sometime in the future. Not just by you, but by your descendants as well."

hahahahhhahahahahah

oh man, a society so shielded from the horror of the world that we truly think our works are immortal. thanks for the "wakeup call" asshole.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2016, 01:02 Nucas

"the 25 most popular crackable passwords of 2015".  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
12. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 16:58 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 15:52:
Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

apparently it was going to be china originally but they ended up hiring a CIA analyst/field officer who explained that economic interdependence made that retarded.

i remember thinking it was really stupid until i played it, but the game does like a 2 minute what-if intro that made sense.

i actually really liked the game but i played it through three full times and according to steam only racked up 10 hours.. not a lot of meat on those bones.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2016, 10:00 Nucas

stories like that ISP one make me think "libertarians" live in some fantasy world. no government! privatize! think how great it will be! corporations can just increase profits by charging more year over year without wasting money on infrastructure!
it's capitalism! someone else will surely rise up to challenge them! look, it happens with ISPs and telecoms all the time! right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 16:29 Nucas

descender wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 12:17:
Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 12:10:
Deadwood was fantastic and I'm about due for a rewatch, glad to hear the movie is going ahead.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

Come on Carnivale movie.... come onnnnnnn!

oh man thought i was the only one that remembered carnivale! what an awesome show. one of only a handful i own on dvd.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 17:25 Nucas

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:32:
I never finished it, found about 40 hours in that I really wasn't enjoying the story because it was still a big mystery. I liked the idea of souls being recycled and stored and split personalities being two souls trapped into a body but other than that.. no explanation why you SHOULD care that you're a "watcher" and why you should go after that guy at the device.

that was the biggest problem. the game's writing is so overwrought, so dense. i had the same problem, i literally had to go read somewhere about why i was doing anything online at one point during the game because i forgot.

it just feels unfocused and meandering. the writing is just too much self-important fantastic metaphysical bullshit.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:24 Nucas

oh man, michael pachter! forgot all about him.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 3, 2016, 18:59 Nucas

black mesa tutorial level released, but only if you didn't actually buy the game.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Jan 3, 2016, 18:56 Nucas

nin wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 14:42:
Well that's interesting!

that jumped out at me also, but more because i'm not sure i understand what he's implying. that he found out after leaving that the powers that be considered another old republic title but wrote off obsidian for it?

it could just be me but i'm getting a lot of subtext from that interview that he's sick of obsidian's bullshit and failure.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2016, 19:17.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2016, 14:56 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 10:00:
words

it seems you and i ultimately agree then. the "tough on drunk driving" zero tolerance bullshit has led to a lot of people getting DUIs who shouldn't be, which ultimately dilutes the significance of the charge. drunk driving resulting in accidents or fatalities should result in felony jail time. there are just few crimes i'm willing to write off a person's entire life for, at the burden of tax payers.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2016, 14:54 Nucas

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 22:27:
Oh you, with your pedestrian personal attacks. I yawn. And yes, clearly I meant for them to actually be beaten as we all know that people will ACTUALLY physically vomit up their genitals if you strike them hard enough.

where are the personal attacks you imagine yourself beating away? you said those things. you randomly brought up obama and gun control of all things; you advocated for police brutality. you are mediocre.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 14:47 Nucas

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 14:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 13:15:
Games are better and cheaper today,

You're delusional if you believe this, graphics are better no doubt, but that is technologically inevitable. There are plenty of things that were better from that era. When's the last time a modern AAA game released its source code? When's the last time we got dedicated servers that weren't walled garden/steam controlled?

I'm sorry to tell you but things have gone in a much more locked down direction, anyone who denies it is just incapable of accepting that truth.

i don't really see how source code availability and dedicated servers equated to better games.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 12:08 Nucas

a bunch of personal shit that i will now remove from the internet

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2016, 14:59.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 11:44 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:28:
Nucas wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:18:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 12:20:
A dickhead drunk driver totaled my brother's SUV and another brand new car while parked right before midnight, last night, before crashing about a hundred meters down the road.

I'm sure he'll get his wrist slapped real hard though.

i hear this expressed a lot and i wonder if people know what really happens. one of my management staff got a DUI this summer. all told he ended up owing over 10,000 dollars and lost his license for one year; can't even drive to work. he can apply for a conditional work license in 6 months, and may qualify for it after the 10th month.

Without knowing what state you live in, I'm going to guess this was not the guy's first offense. It seems unlikely they revoke your license for a year your first DUI offense, but this may vary from state to state.

And I'm sorry, thousands of people DIE due to drunk (or high, whatever) drivers, and it seems that in the large majority of cases, it's never the fucking shitwallet who chooses to drive drunk who dies. It's always the innocent person with the three children in the back seat who buys it.

DUI should be treated as fucking attempted murder if you get into a wreck. It is ridiculous how lax we are against it considering the amount of fatalities it causes each and every single year.

If you can't have the fucking willpower to NOT drive after you've had too much to drink, your "contribution to society" can easily be done without.

i don't know if it was his first offense but i believe it was. he could techincally get a "work permit" license after 3 months but this was basically a lie due to "waiting lists". he fell asleep in the backseat of his car (one of the staff recalls depositing him there) but apparently climbed into the drivers seat and turned the car on so he could turn on the air conditioning and went back to sleep.

DUIs are very easy to get. in the area i live i have personally read about DUIs issued on jetskis, bicycles, and skateboards. zero tolerance policies are dumb.

i think first offenders should be reduced to a work-only license for a year. violating that license or a second offense is a mandatory 2 year loss of all driving privledges and felony jail time. i've seen a lot of idiots get DUIs in this area and none of them ever thought "man i'm SOOOO trashed, lol fucket im drivin". i just think people should have a chance to learn from their mistakes and continue earning money and paying taxes.

for property damage or loss of life, we have additional charges for that.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 10:18 Nucas

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 12:20:
A dickhead drunk driver totaled my brother's SUV and another brand new car while parked right before midnight, last night, before crashing about a hundred meters down the road.

I'm sure he'll get his wrist slapped real hard though.

i hear this expressed a lot and i wonder if people know what really happens. one of my management staff got a DUI this summer. all told he ended up owing over 10,000 dollars and lost his license for one year; can't even drive to work. he can apply for a conditional work license in 6 months, and may qualify for it after the 10th month.

this inconvenienced me and my remaining staff immensely because, obviously, he quit since he could no longer commute to work.

drunk drivers are stupid assholes but i think the penalties are harsh enough, especially for people who take their lives and jobs seriously since - if you don't live in a city - loss of license means loss of employment. i don't know how that benefits anyone. of course if he could have afforded the payment on a lawyer i'm sure everything would have been right as rain.

now this 27 year old manager lives with his mother and walks to work at a gas station. he makes less, spends less, and contributes less to society. but someone got elected for being tough on drunk driving, somewhere, i guess.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 11:40 Nucas

PHJF wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 09:32:
I asked somebody I'd seen it with last week to give me a quote from the movie... and he drew a complete blank. That coupled with the inability to hum literally any piece of music from the movie = not good. It was an "OK" movie, just like everything else JJ has done. If anyone at Disney or wherever has any love whatsoever for the IP they'll drop the fan service to zero next time and put out an honest-to-god original story.

hey a lot of people have been quoting luke's epic dialog.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 06:34 Nucas

mmm infinite growth economics! love it! it's all good though because someday I'M GOING TO BE A MILLIONAIRE TOO!! even though i make 23,000 dollars a year selling carpet or something.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 06:32 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 03:27:
Here's George's Opinion, I shit you not:

George Lucas Says He Sold ‘Star Wars’ to ‘White Slavers’

jesus, what an asshole. if you wanted your scripts to get made, you should have made them yourself. don't get mad you took four billion dollars and cashed out.

oh, a bunch of new young creators want to tell their own tale instead of yours? how terrible.

the 2 best originals were the ones lucas didn't write or direct himself. meanwhile, the prequels are unwatchably bad.

get over yourself.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2015, 14:58 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 13:14:
People keep saying this, and it's totally untrue. In ANH, everything happens for a reason driven by character motivations. There are very few convenient coincidences. The story is much more cohesive. In TFA, the plot moves forward because it must, and characters seem secondary to that. Convenient coincidences abound to move the plot forward. Compare a few random examples:

you can beat any movie into the ground in this fashion.
why is vader the only imperial who survives the death star exploding, and flies away even after getting shot up in a dogfight? so he can come back in the next movie of course.
how does luke survive the fall in cloud city and then catch an antenna with one hand? because.
how do teddy bears with sticks and rocks defeat "an entire legion of the emperor's best men"? because. and also toy sales.
etc etc.

why does finn defect "because he got some blood on his helmet"? i think the real turning point is shown to be not wanting to gun down 30 unarmed villagers.

or, we can ask

why does vader turn on and murder the man he served loyally for 35 years because of less than 10 total minutes of face time over all the movies with a son he's never known?

but i've seen these points beaten into the ground again and again and i'm sick of it. a lot of people comment, it never gets read, it's just a waste of time. if you don't like it, i'm sorry, maybe you'll change your mind, maybe not. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i've never had a high opinion of jj abrams but this is easily his best work and i think it stands with the other movies in the series.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2015, 12:34 Nucas

i really think it stands right up with the original trilogy. it does a lot of dumb shit but no more or less than the originals did. i just think they were a a little too light on the details surrounding the characters.

the original trilogy had surprises but they weren't contrived, and laboriously set up like rey's mysterious parents or snoke's identity are obviously leading up to some big reveal later. i might even go see it again honestly, haven't done that in a while.

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo