Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 572 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
22. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 15:47 Nucas

who the fuck is still buying far cry games?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 14:22 Nucas

The Fifth Element is back in theaters this week for its 20th anniversary. tomorrow's the last day. think i'll have to catch it again.  

News Comments > GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers
12. Re: GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers May 13, 2017, 05:18 Nucas

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 11, 2017, 15:15:
Slashman wrote on May 11, 2017, 14:32:
I still don't want an AMD/ATI card.

Not sure why I'd pay to have to wait for fixes for practically every game ever.

"Man I sure saved a bunch and stuck it to those nVidia-tards!"

"Cool man! Let's go play some <insert new game here>"

"Yeah...I wanna but I gotta wait for a fix first...can we play something old...er?" Embarrassed

Do you really not see the irony of posting this commentary in a topic about a Nvidia driver fix for a brand new game they had some release driver issues with? AMD has a terrible track record with this stuff, but it is mainly in their history as you don't hear much about newer games having issues, and when they do they are resolved pretty quick it seems. NVidia are the ones who have been screwing things up on the software side for a while. Geforce Experience is a fucking mess still, and their drivers are up to almost a half-gig now. Shadowplay/share is still a broken mess. Their installers are starting to unravel because of typos and registry errors with older drivers, to the point that using something like DDU is necessary to even install newer versions of geforce experience and other elements of their "software package".

Both companies are shit in the software/driver category right now. Yeah, they work.. but there is a lot of BS involved with either of them anymore if you look at the whole picture.

i've read more than once over the years - here, for example - from driver programmers that the real need for "fixes" is to smooth over badly written render code from the developers themselves. similar to how old versions of IE just continuously allowed bad HTML to display in their browsers for the sake of compatibility.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
3. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 21:57 Nucas

Redmask wrote on May 10, 2017, 21:42:
I don't play these for the mediocre shooting mechanics and Force power knockoffs.

then why are you playing any of the games in the mass effect series?

i find this disappointing if true. bioware has always been too indulgent of their crybaby fanbase and it seems to be in this case you just had the burgeoning alt-right fuckwaddery that pc-gaming has become set its sites on this game from the word go. activision didn't cancel fucking call of duty because the internet decided to bandwagon its youtube trailer. ea should take the cue and ignore the braying and neighing of these barnyard animals.

News Comments > Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday
9. Re: Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday May 9, 2017, 17:04 Nucas

i've been having a good time with champions. i think it's the best balance of modern fps trappings and classic gameplay we're going to get. really what DOOM multiplayer should have been. i like the abilities, they're usually tied to movement and not even on the same page as overwatch ultimates, when i hear that criticism i can generally assume the person saying it has never played quake champions or overwatch.

but even if it were a literal direct mechanic port of quake 3 i don't think quake live purists would pick it up. they've been playing the same game for 20 years and bethesda is wise not to bother trying to cater to their awful community.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 00:42 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on May 7, 2017, 18:34:
France is proof that the world is rejecting the crazies, in ~1300 days America can do the same. Unless of course impeachment deprives the electorate of that noble task.

you're living in a dream world if you think congress is going to turn on a republican president. they know their base thinks they're on a sports team. they don't look at trump as a reason to quit, they look at him like a football fan looks at the coach during a down season. they yell and curse and are mad, but they'll be goddamned if they'll sell all their merch and years of devotion over a "setback." pure sunk cost.

plus this is ignoring that mike pence is less insane and more re-electable. at least donald trump is fucking incompetent and doesn't outright say "maybe the sick should pray more and they would get better" while planning to slash away their ability to seek medical care.

and still they'll vote for him and curse the liberals on their deathbeds. fucking morons.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2017, 15:27 Nucas

proven engine, original dishonored 1 team, written by chris avellone and music by mick 'jesus christ' gordon. this game wasn't on my radar at all but now i might just pick it up.  

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
17. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 3, 2017, 15:15 Nucas

Numinar wrote on May 2, 2017, 20:27:
Hump wrote on May 2, 2017, 18:53:
Marc Laidlaw, Wolpaw and now Chet.

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of getting a HL3.

We've had HL3 for years, it's called Metro LL. It's pretty cool.

i'm glad to see someone else feels this way. Last Light and Wolfenstein: The New Order were my personal half-life 3 experiences, they're just that well crafted.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2017, 15:10 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:26:
Steelcamp wrote on May 3, 2017, 09:57:
THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer.
w00+!!!!
Idris Elba is great.
The only thing he might not be good at would be playing wonder woman or a young spiderman, but even that's debatable.

while we only have like 10 seconds of dialog to work with in the trailer, i wouldn't be surprised if idris elba outshines mcconaughey in this. he looks super dialed in.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 01:27 Nucas

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 23:30:
Any game that requires you to beat it 3 to 4 times (with the core being drab and repetitive) is not fun.

gating content like that is a total fucking failure of design.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2017, 12:06 Nucas

JohnQP wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 10:09:

March for Science, a guaranteed republicon free event.

If there's anything about genetics or evolution, Democrats will be absent as well.

hahahah wishing that doesn't make it so, old sport.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 21, 2017, 15:11 Nucas

the criticism of g2a shield is perfectly valid in my opinion since it auto-subscribes you to a renewing charge and the cancellation process is ridiculous. i went through it myself once, there are over a dozen click through steps, the final one being a confirmation email the site tells you will arrive in "about 15 minutes". it's timed not to send until exactly 15 minutes have passed, and the cancellation link inside expires after a few minutes itself.

the claim that it's a hotbed of thievery just doesn't hold water for me though. i have no doubt there are stolen keys sitting on g2a right now but the only cases i can recall are ubisoft revoking 1000 far cry 4 keys - which g2a re-imbursed all the purchasers of, g2ashield or no - and about the same amount of natural selection 2 keys. both were bought en masse through the humble store.

tinybuild also likes to bandy about the claim that they've lost 450,000 dollars from g2a because they think they deserve to get a cut from the resale of bundle keys on the g2a platform. give me a fucking break. just like always, people who would normally have to pay $60 are getting a game for $40 and some developers are crying over potential lost revenue. we've seen the same bullshit and crying about the secondhand market again and again in games; online activation limits, one-time use DLC, etc, all because game publishers think first sale doctrine doesn't apply to their industry. get fucked with that.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 17:27 Nucas

descender wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 16:46:
Well, if they know what region the key came from and I'm not logging in from that region or accessing an account located in that region...

It would be quite trivial for them to block someone like me right now. Especially if they distributed a certain amount of keys to each region for load balance testing and don't want a bunch of Russian keys logging in to US servers.

Their announcement in the launcher says it opens again on the 21st at 10am, not tomorrow.

they bumped the start up a day about an hour ago. god damnit, i was off tomorrow.

there are currently only two servers and you can choose which one to connect to so don't fret about region locking. play the game and have fun and be sure to comment on the beta forum.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 16:32 Nucas

1badmf wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:06:
Nucas wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 14:38:
hey you miserable shits, this forum is currently giving away 20,000 beta keys for quake champions. you'll need to register to acquire the key.

russian = automatic nope =D those guys will hack you just cuz you're not russian.

ok

descender wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 16:13:
I just grabbed a key from that Russian site with a throwaway email while logged into my VPN and was able to activate it to my regular Bethesda account, so it isn't region locked or anything. Downloaded and installed Champions... *shrug*... TBD if it actually works on the 21st when the beta opens again.

"TBD"? i was expecting goofball faux wariness from people because russians are going to send you a spike for looking at their videogame forum but you really think your legitimate key you already activated with bethesda isn't going to work or something? also it starts tomorrow at 10am est.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 14:38 Nucas

hey you miserable shits, this forum is currently giving away 20,000 beta keys for quake champions. you'll need to register to acquire the key.  

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
4. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 02:36 Nucas

release halo 1, 2 and 3 and get back to me you fucks.  

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront II Details
14. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront II Details Apr 17, 2017, 01:04 Nucas

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:24:
"and how in Star Wars, anyone can become a hero"

That is provided they are female...

8 star wars movies, 2 female leads. oh no, girls are ruining star wars.

i'd muse on why so many of you nerds have such a complex about girls and girl-coded concepts but it's not exactly rocket science.

News Comments > DOOM Retrospective
9. Re: DOOM Retrospective Apr 15, 2017, 13:44 Nucas

ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 13:02:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 11:07:
The Romero one for example doesn't even mention Daikatana! Absolute failure as a documentary.
It does. It mentions it as a failure.

I thought it didn't mention it at all. They didn't get into it at all for sure.

the john romero one was the first in the profile series. it's supposed to be an interview, not a hard hitting documentary where we all jerk off watching danny o'dwyer berate john romero about how lol terrible daikatana was, yet again, 17 years later.

i wanted to hear about the history of id and 3d games and that one delivered, it was really interesting.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 05:54 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 00:04:
My sentiments exactly. Then when I explained my objections to TFA, I was told "Maybe Star Wars just isn't for you any longer. Maybe you've outgrown it."

you probably have. i recall the criticisms you trotted out of TFA could just as easily be applied to the original 1977 film as well. but that's different, right? you've got a blind spot for the originals just like a lot of other people and, rather than accepting it, try to steep it all in objective "reasons the movie is bad" (that literally apply directly to a new hope also).

edit: man, lot of names i've never seen before coming out of the woodwork for this. some guy registered in 2000 and only posted 2 times before today.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2017, 21:13.

News Comments > Quake Champions Clutch Trailer
7. Re: Quake Champions Clutch Trailer Apr 14, 2017, 00:35 Nucas

just got a beta acceptance email myself tonight. can't wait to sit at the "we are looking for a server" screen myself now!  

572 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo