Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 859 (Graduate)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conarium Free on Epic Games Store
3. Re: Conarium Free on Epic Games Store Sep 12, 2019, 21:34 Nucas

as a great lover of lovecraft and videogames 'inspired' by his works, i found this game unfinishable.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations
37. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 19:19 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 18:05:
Why the fuck was my comment removed I didn't say anything untoward. Why the fuck do you even post these things when you know there's going to be dissent and opposing viewpoints. I said nothing that wasn't 100% true and entirely fair. Or is it you only want the left's POV supported. Change the name to Blue's Echo Chamber if that's the case.

you believed a cop lying about enduring a sniper attack for glory was evidence of the pervasiveness of "malicious rape claims".

you are a very sloppy thinker, bruh.

28. Re: SOS Early Access Aug 27, 2019, 16:34 Nucas

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 16:15:
brain worms

i understand that its just part and parcel of the gamer reactionary culture, and having no original thoughts of your own, but i just do not like people thinking that we should move towards this culture where everyone should just "toughen up" and take the hits, and that's some kind of positive thing. the being an asshole all the time, "muh freeze peach", spartan-throwing-the-baby-off-the-cliff lifestyle is not an evolved way to live, and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking this is an appropriate response to anyone coming forward about this kind of thing.

22. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 15:37 Nucas

mxmissile wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 13:45:
WAR ON GAMERS!!!

i'll be the first to say i don't like zoe quinn. she was aptly described as "a lightning rod for drama". but you can really do like 2 minutes of research on the shitter to see she never slept with anyone who ever reviewed a game of hers or wrote about her in any significant way.

stop thinking and acting like a fucking gamer caricature. you have a brain, try forming your own conclusions sometimes. reactionary lemming dipshit.

NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 13:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 13:22:

Look at her second tweet "other people he's hurt". Would 3 be enough to start?

I did not look at her Twitter, but that seems promising. Hopefully they can help.

i think some wires are getting crossed here. the girl accusing jeremy soule is a single person without any corroboration at the moment. i read her story and some of her blogs and don't personally find her very credible.

but another video game composer, Jason Graves, is vocally supporting her on twitter which i find very interesting. i wonder if there was some industry "secret" waiting to coalesce?

if there's anything to it, i'm sure we'll hear more - unlikely someone so allegedly predatory only does it once. for his part jeremy soule has deleted all of his social media accounts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 14:30 Nucas

Redwood wrote on May 20, 2019, 13:45:
I thought the GoT ending was fine. Amazing? No. Disappointing? Not really. I will save any further discussion, so I don't go into spoiler territory.

this is where i'm at. i thought the last couple seasons were a mess but the finale was very fine.

love it or hate it, the good news from game of thrones is we're going to be deluged with expensively produced shows based on good books and stuff for the next two years while everyone tries to be the next game of thrones.

i'm really looking forward to the wheel of time show myself.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2019, 14:08 Nucas

OpticNerve wrote on May 17, 2019, 13:47:
Initially I scoffed at the Pattinson choice but who knows. People were very skeptical of Heath Ledger as Joker before the movie came out and look at how that turned out.

i was thinking how bad i thought hayden christensen was in the prequels but then i saw him in Glass years later and was surprised that he was actually a pretty good actor.

that may not be analogous to the pattinson thing though since george lucas is an awful director of actors.

News Comments > PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month
3. Re: PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month May 17, 2019, 13:16 Nucas

Carcifier wrote on May 17, 2019, 11:47:
Ah, the memories of Wizardry 1,2 and 3 on my Apple IIc...

Shame the IP got picked up and ruined. Wizardry 8 was a really good game that few played. Not easy to learn, but quite rewarding if you did.

I'd like a modern Wizardry game. There are similar games, but they all have annoying aspects that Wizardry games never had.

you actually might enjoy this one if you liked the earlier wizardry titles. sir-tech gave a license to a japanese firm to continue the franchise and their wizardry games are SUPER old-school; they may even hew too close to the early wizardry formula for modern western tastes, but wizardry had a surprisingly big impact in japan, and so you get 80s/early 90s dungeon crawlers with anime art.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 14:54 Nucas

remember when tim willits said he invented deathmatch maps  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews May 16, 2019, 14:03 Nucas

i clicked this article only long enough to verify that something this arrogant could only be said by tim willits, and sure enough  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2019, 03:47 Nucas

anonymous anonymous wrote on May 11, 2019, 23:56:
"Why Emotions Can Be More Powerful Than Data"

The same thing applies to the ideology behind Gender Fluidity and Diversity studies: results based on emotion instead of real science.

'transgenderism' is in the DSM-5. is that not real science? i personally defer to the preponderance of evidence rather than picking and choosing what to believe with my feelings. though i'm also not thinking about this so much my neurons immediately begin firing to connect the dots between whatever i've just read, and trans people/minorities; so i can only speculate on what calculus you're using in this matter.

its probably feelings though. its ok.

News Comments > SIGIL Delayed Again
3. Re: SIGIL Delayed Again May 12, 2019, 03:38 Nucas

romero seems like a chill dude and a really good mapper/designer. it has to burn wanting to nail your first commercial release in ages and getting it fucked up by your third party repeatedly.

i liked daikatana.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2019, 02:07 Nucas

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2019, 21:43:
Shouldn't that be a 'reboot'?

there's still places to go with the story. the first year of the matrix online was outlined by the wachowskis and it was pretty cool.

that said, this just sounds like idle hollywood scuttlebutt. there's probably 30,000 productions being bounced around at any given time.

its also hard for me to believe that the wachowskis would be given free reign again after a decade of non-stop flops, but who knows, its hollywood and they've certainly done it before.

News Comments > Immortal: Unchained Expands
2. Re: Immortal: Unchained Expands May 8, 2019, 21:03 Nucas

KS wrote on May 7, 2019, 10:36:
devastating : adj weak "This devastating weapon takes 6 shots to kill a rat."

this is a high quality comment, and i assume not a sterling endorsement of the game?

whenever it goes on sale i kind of consider it, as a fan of jank, but i generally like some worldbuilding and content with my jank ie. Spiders Studios games.

News Comments > John Wick Hex Announced
1. Re: John Wick Hex Announced May 8, 2019, 20:58 Nucas

i have never warmed to cell-shaded graphics. i wish i could like it so i could be a Cultured Videogame Man but it just looks terrible at an instinctive level to me.

oh well, its an epic games store exclusive so i'd forget it exists anyway.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 5, 2019, 15:11 Nucas

7.50 is really not a bad price for homefront, but i wouldn't get it without the singleplayer DLC, which i thought was stronger than the base game in a lot of ways.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2019, 01:49 Nucas

if anyone is looking for a bingeable show, check out Cobra Kai- on youtube of all places. the only thing i don't like about this show is that its only 10 30-minute episodes a year.

no familiarity or interest in The Karate Kid is necessary. i've never sat through a whole karate kid movie in my entire life.

youtube offers a month free of the service that gives access to the show. if you have that available, totally worth it. super glad i boredly checked it out last year after a surgery.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches May 5, 2019, 01:47 Nucas

i should really go back to TOR sometime to play through the storylines before it shuts down. i've heard great things about the imperial agent campaign, and someone on blues mentioned they've smoothed out the MMO stuff and the campaigns are easy to solo.  

News Comments > The Sinking City Preorders Rise
3. Re: The Sinking City Preorders Rise May 5, 2019, 01:41 Nucas

oh, this is Frogwares, eh? i've put some time into their most recent game, "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter". its kind of janky and rough around the edges, and the investigation mechanics... like, when i think about them outside the game, they seem like good concepts, but how they play out in the game is really iffy.

Quinn wrote on May 4, 2019, 18:21:
But who cares. Not enough Lovecraft entertainment. I hope one day they'll make a high budget movie about Cthulhu and the island of R'lye.

this is my problem. i'll buy anything claiming 'cthulhu mythos' DNA because i lack good judgement. it keeps burning me again and again, but i can't stop.

this being an epic store exclusive will probably save me this time because i'll probably forget it exists since its not on steam.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2019, 22:56 Nucas

if anyone is looking for a bingeable show, check out Cobra Kai - on youtube of all places. the only thing i don't like about this show is that its only 10 30-minute episodes a year.

no familiarity or interest in The Karate Kid is necessary. i've never sat through a whole karate kid movie in my entire life.

youtube offers a month free of the service that gives access to the show. if you have that available, totally worth it. super glad i boredly checked it out last year after a surgery.

edit: whoops, meant to post this in today's ootb. classic big brain move

This comment was edited on May 5, 2019, 02:09.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gone Gold
10. Re: RAGE 2 Gone Gold May 4, 2019, 03:44 Nucas

CJ_Parker wrote on May 4, 2019, 02:44:
They can shove their half-assed release version up their asses. They have already announced an expansion. I'll wait for the complete game.

the developer's previous game was pretty solid, and bethesda is legit batting 1000 this generation for the single-player games they've published: Dishonored 1 and 2, The Evil Within 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 1 and 2, Doom 2016, Prey.

you want to wait, you have other stuff to play, all well and good. just seems a little extra to declare this is a fucked unfinished mess being shoveled out the door because... they announced future singleplayer content.

859 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo