Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled CoD: Roman Wars Details
6. Re: Cancelled CoD: Roman Wars Details Jul 6, 2016, 22:03 Nucas

Task wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:04:
Lol that's hilarious. Makes sense they have boners for Rome, when most COD games are about the New Roman Empire/USSA/Amerika.

the heroes of the modern warfare trilogy are british nationals. the villain is a four star american army general.

in ghosts, america is in ruins and it's military routed.

in advanced warfare, the heroes are american, british and russian military contractors. the villain is a private american corporation.

but yes, you're so right! so jingoistic guys I CAN'T EVEN

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 21:58 Nucas

i've been a scrolls lover since morrowind, like many i'm sure, and i savored the chance to play this game for the same reason as you; but ultimately i found it large, dull and empty. the gameplay was utterly snooze inducing. there were also some contradictions with established lore that really drove home that this was a team of outsiders writing the game to me.  

News Comments > Nox for Free
6. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:39 Nucas

i think this is the first time they looped back to another game. they gave Nox away back in january, too, and then have just been doing free battlefield DLC since then.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
25. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 30, 2016, 13:32 Nucas

MacLeod wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 15:41:
Nucas wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:10:
vaguely similar to Dune, which also didn't have guns. i believe it's a technology stagnation/availability thing. in the game the world has been on the decline for centuries since some big catastrophe and technologies aren't able to be replaced as they fail. it's a pretty depressing world honestly.

There are guns in Dune. Projectile weapons were used by the houses, but generally became obsolete , since people employed Holtzman shields, which would stop normal projectiles.

They also use lasguns, but those are not used as often because of the lasgun-shield effect, which causes a massive nuclear explosion.

Vehicles tend to have some sort of projectile weaponry, along with rocket launchers.

i understand that. i said "vaguely similar" because while guns are available in both worlds they are a rarity; in dune because of technological advancement, in technomancer due to stagnation, but the result is the same with an emphasis on hand to hand combat and supplemental techniques and technologies. i didn't think anyone wanted a treatise about dune in a thread about a video game. whoops.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 14:23 Nucas

i've been using a la-z-boy swivel rocker as my computer chair for 18 years now. maybe it's something about the angle, but it's just perfect for me, i never get wrist pain or anything.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
9. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 14:10 Nucas

Darks wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 10:05:
Where are the guns? I don't want to run around cartwheeling all over the place all the time. That's just really lame.

vaguely similar to Dune, which also didn't have guns. i believe it's a technology stagnation/availability thing. in the game the world has been on the decline for centuries since some big catastrophe and technologies aren't able to be replaced as they fail. it's a pretty depressing world honestly.

News Comments > The Technomancer Launch Trailer
5. Re: The Technomancer Launch Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 17:13 Nucas

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 08:30:
Looks like reviewers have mixed feelings about the game.
"Professional" reviews go from 80 to 50 on Metacritic.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-technomancer/critic-reviews

that's about what it's predecessor ran. usually people criticized how blunt and abrupt the writing for quests could be (totally true), and the combat. the combat is extremely unforgiving, i've heard it compared to dark souls in that regard.

some people just don't get it - totalbiscuit did some really harsh video about it criticizing how there were no parries or counters, which there are, he just didn't understand it.

i mean as long as you know you're going into a game made by a team of 15 or so people on a tight budget i think you won't be disappointed.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 14:59 Nucas

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 11:07:
Nucas wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:00:
pretty funny that robert jordan was the biggest name in fantasy when GRRM was trying to get his footing and a song of ice and fire hit the mainstream.
I loved the first few Jordan books....but the success all went to his head. He started writing drivel by the pound and becoming the living incarnation of petulance. Whereas GoT should get multiple seasons per book, Jordan's works could be easily boiled down to multiple books per season. So many wasted pages on minutae and loose threads....

i've read that the series was supposed to be a trilogy, then a cycle of 7, but Tor Books kept throwing more huge advances to him to extend the series. from books 6 to 9 i'd say it really showed. at least he got back on track with knife of dreams before he passed.

News Comments > The Technomancer Launch Trailer
1. Re: The Technomancer Launch Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 02:03 Nucas

i loved the predecessor, Mars: War Logs.

kind of game people would describe as "having lots of heart". awesome atmosphere, combat and world building but clearly under-budgeted. this new title reportedly cost 5 times as much and looks awesome.

if anyone is curious, check out war logs, it's 3 dollars on the steam sale. worth it in my opinion. just don't expect mass effect and you should have a great time.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2016, 12:00 Nucas

Task wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 09:51:
Whenever GoT is over, I hope HBO is the unannounced studio that will be doing Wheel of Time.

oh shit, i had no idea! i'm fucking hyped!

never thought it would happen just due to the abundant fantasy elements and how expensive it would likely be to shoot. even GoT tones down the fantasy elements for mainstream audiences, and it didn't have much to begin with.

pretty funny that robert jordan was the biggest name in fantasy when GRRM was trying to get his footing and a song of ice and fire hit the mainstream.

News Comments > Just Dance 2017 for PCs
2. Re: Just Dance 2017 for PCs Jun 13, 2016, 19:45 Nucas

what a time to be alive!  

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month
10. Re: System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Next Month May 16, 2016, 13:28 Nucas

PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 10:43:
... updating the user interface and graphics to use a modern day engine (Unity).

Wouldn't call Unity a "modern engine," except in the sense it is built for the "modern" ipad gamer.

oh?

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases
16. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 4, 2016, 17:07 Nucas

the old blood felt badly paced and overlong. it was a struggle to finish it.

i hope the time spent on it didn't delay the new order 2 overmuch.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 27, 2016, 23:23 Nucas

Frijoles wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 18:46:
El Pit wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 11:57:
I never understood the attraction of tweets. Then again, I am old.

I love it as a way to get quick info from a company to see if there's a problem. For example, when Battle.Net is down for some reason, they usually post. I sure as hell don't care what all the commoners are tweeting though.

it annoys me that i have to sift through twitter to find that info now instead of a website update or something.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week
2. Re: Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week Apr 5, 2016, 21:08 Nucas

they focused on big content-addition dlc for their past few games, it's a shame to see them returning to basically horse armor. hopefully this junk is just cash grab filler between real dlc content.

i guess the lively mod life of skyrim has convinced them they can convert those downloads into sales and turn FO4 into a steady income platform of sorts. they're probably right.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 16:41 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.
You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself.

i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 05:26 Nucas

diane lane is still really pretty.

just saw batman v superman tonight. thought it was pretty incoherent. not a total waste of time but i could have waited to stream that.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 3, 2016, 11:51 Nucas

RGB ERR-THANG  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
14. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 2, 2016, 23:37 Nucas

ItBurn wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 16:24:
descender wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 16:10:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

I would imagine they are in full-swing working on the second expansion that is supposed to release this year.

Supposed? As far as I know there's no plans for a second expansion. It should have been here already if there was one I think...

they had a listing for an art director in the diabloverse last year. anything more than that is speculation. it could be more d3 content or world of diablo.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
19. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 2, 2016, 22:57 Nucas

i am curious to see what beamdog does in the future, after david gaider quit bioware to go be beamdog's "creative director".

i hope the gameplan is more than "three ex-bioware employees dig through the bones of 20-year-dead games".

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo