Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Don't Delete the Black Ops 4 Beta
2. Re: Don't Delete the Black Ops 4 Beta Aug 14, 2018, 00:56 Nucas

SirKnight wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:04:
I'll do even better. I won't download it in the first place!
but battle royale

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer
6. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 23:55 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:22:
Her business cards read....

Lara Croft
Mass Murderer & Sometime Archeologist

how much of that do you suppose nathan drake is going to share with his daughter? before daddy opened a salvage business he killed hundreds and hundreds of men.

i hope shadow of the tomb raider addresses this in the narrative as the announcement trailer suggested, i'd like to see more game embrace the implications of their gameplay and can't think of any real examples except maybe the recent mediocre Vampyr.

Dunkirk wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 22:15:
Well, I can't wait. I've played the other 2 several times each. That being said, this footage seems like it could have just as easily come from a game called Rambo, First Blood II, the video game.
it was the same issue with rise of the tomb raider, a lot of pre-release footage was showing creative ways to mow dudes down because i imagine watching 7 minutes of lara croft sneaking through an environment isn't super exciting and most people are probably going guns blazing anyway.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
27. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 17:14 Nucas

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 16:15:
how do you feel about libraries

False equivalence. Libraries are bound by the fact that the value of a book is encapsulated in the media. You can't separate the two, whereas the digital download market has demonstrated that the media and the experience are two entirely different things.

This is why digital storefronts are so popular with publishers - because it annihilates the used games market.

we are discussing used game sales, which necessarily refers to physical media. as you said, the shift to digital distribution has made extinguishing second hand sales of goods trivial.

so how do you feel about libraries?

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
12. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 14:33 Nucas

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 14:06:
The used game market is theft, pure and simple. The problem is, most people are too stupid to understand this.

how do you feel about libraries

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2018, 17:57 Nucas

i've always wanted to go to quake con but never have for the same reason, i'm probably thinking of the days of yesteryear.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
4. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 7, 2018, 00:35 Nucas

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 00:26:
all the major publishers are in "he who controls the spice.." mode with their storefronts and pushing all these AAA games as exclusives to drive adoption instead of actually creating a better or more compelling experience than the current leader.

i think its more simply that they know they have a AAA title that doesn't require exposure via the steam userbase, and don't want to pay valve 30%.

no need to refine the experience or deliver a compelling store front or whatever. why bother? the objective is to maximize profit. i don't think bethesda or acti/blizzard give a shit about hawking anyone else's wares. max profit? mission accomplished.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 16:21 Nucas

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 13:53:
Alex Jones existing is proof that a kind and loving god doesn't exist.

god was a dream of good government.

News Comments > Yakuza 0 on Steam
6. Re: Yakuza 0 on Steam Aug 1, 2018, 21:38 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 15:13:
The 80s is the new 60s.

seems about right, nostalgia seems to run on a 30 year gap. back to the future was the 50s, that 70s show was the 70s, time for the 80s.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 00:18 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:15:
Anyone watch the Battle Angel trailer? I hope they work on that CG.

i thought it looked ok.

i'm mostly just blown away to see this movie actually coming to theaters. i remember hearing about james cameron wanting to make this movie when i was back in fucking high school.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
42. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 22:43 Nucas

i just want someone to release a competent single player campaign space sim. someone give me this.

we've had some slices. house of the dying sun was good, everspace was ok. i want the total package.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 15, 2018, 22:30 Nucas

until someone shows me phones produce ionizing radiation - the only one clinically linked with cancer - these are just some low quality memes.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
6. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 14:17 Nucas

too bad Freelancer 2 doesn't have an impatient microsoft to put their foot down, end the feature bloat and release the fucking game.

i'd at least like to see squadron 42 before i hit my 40s, like god damn.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 14:05 Nucas

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 13:20:
You.... you guys know this is about Dying Light 2, right? That it's being compared to GoT an TW3 by introducing choices which have an impact on a world which has regressed to a "dark age" and a narrative design being provided by Chris Avellone who's worked in some of the most influential, story-driven RPGs ever, yeah?

i am now more interested in this franchise than i have been at any point since its inception.

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 in September
4. Re: Life is Strange 2 in September Jun 24, 2018, 00:04 Nucas

most of the publishers dontnod shopped LIS to wanted male leads. square enix only took it as is if it was an episodic title since their faith was apparently marginal.

LIS really made the format work, though i admit i didn't play it until all the episodes were released and probably won't bother here as well.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2018, 19:26 Nucas

ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 16:09:
"professor at harvard"

or

"life...is a challenge"

Pick one.

i've long now found it really weird that conservatives hold higher learning institutions and the sciences themselves in absolute contempt, but also complain that universities are bastions of "radical liberals", like they think that one doesn't follow from the other.

News Comments > Vampyr Released
3. Re: Vampyr Released Jun 6, 2018, 00:50 Nucas

i just skimmed the front page negative reviews at steam. don't like the combat, think it looks janky, "veered into leftist politics" (fucking lol), and complaints that you can't adjust the difficulty - which is true, the game gets brutally difficult if you choose not to feed on people. i love this aspect personally. there's more to being mister good guy than just clicking benevolent dialog options, it's hard and requires discipline and you can always opt out. just murder someone. no big deal, right mister vampire?

i think it's pretty good so far. i got it with the GMG discount myself and consider it money well spent.

the combat isn't very good though. not terrible, not good. just filler. not as mindless as remember me at least.

News Comments > Overload Released
7. Re: Overload Released Jun 1, 2018, 18:12 Nucas

sure does. there are apparently some minor sounding glitches with it but the developers are pretty active and have acknowledged they'll be addressing them.  

News Comments > Overload Released
5. Re: Overload Released Jun 1, 2018, 11:32 Nucas

i never played the descent series but i backed this and have been enjoying it. from what i can tell it really seems like a beat for beat recreation of descent in a modern engine. looks great, the sound design is excellent (i like that the robots almost sound like wild animals) and the soundtrack is noticeably good, i could see myself listening to OST outside of the game. worth picking up, as long as you know what you're in for: 15 levels of completing the same task over and over with a paper thin plot loosely justifying shooting hundreds of robots in weird labyrinths. ie. descent 4.  

News Comments > Vampyr Launch Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr Launch Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 11:22 Nucas

Fion wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 11:19:
Developer has had some pretty big failures so I cant in good conscience pre-order.

But by all that is unholy, please be good!

like what? they've only made two games: 'remember me' and 'life is strange'.

i liked both titles quite a bit and this game is 37 dollars on greenmangaming right now with their 25% discount code so i snagged it there. this is one of the only games on my radar for the rest of the year.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
38. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 10:07 Nucas

VaranDragon wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:28:
Beamer wrote on May 31, 2018, 08:41:

Fallout fans that aren't Fallout 4 fans aren't video game fans, they're fans of living in the past and constantly complaining that life has passed them by.

Fuck you too asshole. Im a huge Fallout fan, but I don't include either 3 or 4 on that list for very good reasons, and not because of any of that shit you wrote in that bullshit post. Not a video game fan. Christ.

F:NV on the other hand was very, very good and I felt recaptured that spirit very well indeed and Im happy to say that I thought it was a very good game indeed.

now tell us how grand theft auto was better before 3. lets take this full gatekeeping hipster.

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo