Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 538 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 7, 2017, 12:37 Nucas

man, i miss opera. was my go to browser like 15 years ago. stopped paying attention when they went chromium (why wouldn't i just use chrome?)

and just another chinese asset now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Dec 29, 2016, 16:01 Nucas

i just discovered the daggerfall port into unity 5 over christmas also. i like this trend.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2016, 02:43 Nucas

hey blue just a heads up, periodically some ad on the page is redirecting me from the base page forward to this download bait. third time its happened to me. i know you've mentioned wanting to be told about obnoxious ads before and this isn't like an end-of-the-world one but it's kind of annoying.  

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
8. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 24, 2016, 02:36 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 22:07:
Well Quinn, I live in a world where vampire lore as been around for at least 60 years. In this world which seems to be alien to you, vampires feed off blood. So in this world unknown to you, if you kill off your supply of blood, you die. This doesn't even begin to contend with the fact there is more than ONE vampire in the world.

in our world we need petroleum to continue our way of life, that hasn't stopped us from sucking the world dry wasting oil on cars or new fucking iphones yearly or whatever and ignoring renewable energy. humanity is a party animal, we never give a shit about the future. i get that your cold logical rebuttal was for comedy but i just can't even get behind it for that.

News Comments > On Overwatch Mei Skins
17. Re: On Overwatch Mei Skins Dec 18, 2016, 09:11 Nucas

what a bunch of bratty whiny babies.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2016, 23:54 Nucas

we dug coal together.  

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
9. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 6, 2016, 01:29 Nucas

i recall back in the day reading this game barely shifted 60,000 units on PC, then they abandoned it, now they're re-releasing it at full price? i just don't get this.

i got about 3 hours in before it put me to sleep.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
8. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 13:47 Nucas

they break their silence on the day of their 40% discount?

incidentally i enjoyed NMS, i thought it was a great "fire up for 20 minutes" relaxing exploration game; i'm confused why you would want "base building" in a game that encourages resource consumption and perpetual movement and exploration.

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
1. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 25, 2016, 20:17 Nucas

my favorite transparent russian meddling moment was this one from reddit - someone posts a warning about "CTR shills" trying to cover up a (supposed) wikileaks dump with "fake news". the poster linked a screenshot as 'proof' - however, the default language in the poster's screenshot is russian.

the poster subsequently deleted their account and started over and trumplerinas carried on like nothing was amiss.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week
1. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week Nov 22, 2016, 21:13 Nucas

if anyone's on the fence about this title, it's currently 32 dollars on origin when you use the code TITAN20 at checkout; it stacks with the current black friday sale.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
14. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 22:40 Nucas

the funboys on neoGAF found that the game is continuously setting its own CPU priority to Low. using prio or process lasso to keep it at high has resolved the performance for most people it seems.

i have it pre-loaded but still playing other stuff, haven't tried it myself.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 17:31 Nucas

i unfortunately don't see any end to this drama after today. trump has convinced his base "the entire system is complete broken and corrupt top to bottom" and they in turn have convinced themselves a trump loss can only be explained by voter fraud.  

News Comments > Cancelled CoD: Roman Wars Details
6. Re: Cancelled CoD: Roman Wars Details Jul 6, 2016, 22:03 Nucas

Task wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 17:04:
Lol that's hilarious. Makes sense they have boners for Rome, when most COD games are about the New Roman Empire/USSA/Amerika.

the heroes of the modern warfare trilogy are british nationals. the villain is a four star american army general.

in ghosts, america is in ruins and it's military routed.

in advanced warfare, the heroes are american, british and russian military contractors. the villain is a private american corporation.

but yes, you're so right! so jingoistic guys I CAN'T EVEN

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 21:58 Nucas

i've been a scrolls lover since morrowind, like many i'm sure, and i savored the chance to play this game for the same reason as you; but ultimately i found it large, dull and empty. the gameplay was utterly snooze inducing. there were also some contradictions with established lore that really drove home that this was a team of outsiders writing the game to me.  

News Comments > Nox for Free
6. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:39 Nucas

i think this is the first time they looped back to another game. they gave Nox away back in january, too, and then have just been doing free battlefield DLC since then.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
25. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 30, 2016, 13:32 Nucas

MacLeod wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 15:41:
Nucas wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:10:
vaguely similar to Dune, which also didn't have guns. i believe it's a technology stagnation/availability thing. in the game the world has been on the decline for centuries since some big catastrophe and technologies aren't able to be replaced as they fail. it's a pretty depressing world honestly.

There are guns in Dune. Projectile weapons were used by the houses, but generally became obsolete , since people employed Holtzman shields, which would stop normal projectiles.

They also use lasguns, but those are not used as often because of the lasgun-shield effect, which causes a massive nuclear explosion.

Vehicles tend to have some sort of projectile weaponry, along with rocket launchers.

i understand that. i said "vaguely similar" because while guns are available in both worlds they are a rarity; in dune because of technological advancement, in technomancer due to stagnation, but the result is the same with an emphasis on hand to hand combat and supplemental techniques and technologies. i didn't think anyone wanted a treatise about dune in a thread about a video game. whoops.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 14:23 Nucas

i've been using a la-z-boy swivel rocker as my computer chair for 18 years now. maybe it's something about the angle, but it's just perfect for me, i never get wrist pain or anything.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
9. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 14:10 Nucas

Darks wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 10:05:
Where are the guns? I don't want to run around cartwheeling all over the place all the time. That's just really lame.

vaguely similar to Dune, which also didn't have guns. i believe it's a technology stagnation/availability thing. in the game the world has been on the decline for centuries since some big catastrophe and technologies aren't able to be replaced as they fail. it's a pretty depressing world honestly.

News Comments > The Technomancer Launch Trailer
5. Re: The Technomancer Launch Trailer Jun 28, 2016, 17:13 Nucas

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 08:30:
Looks like reviewers have mixed feelings about the game.
"Professional" reviews go from 80 to 50 on Metacritic.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-technomancer/critic-reviews

that's about what it's predecessor ran. usually people criticized how blunt and abrupt the writing for quests could be (totally true), and the combat. the combat is extremely unforgiving, i've heard it compared to dark souls in that regard.

some people just don't get it - totalbiscuit did some really harsh video about it criticizing how there were no parries or counters, which there are, he just didn't understand it.

i mean as long as you know you're going into a game made by a team of 15 or so people on a tight budget i think you won't be disappointed.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2016, 14:59 Nucas

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 11:07:
Nucas wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 12:00:
pretty funny that robert jordan was the biggest name in fantasy when GRRM was trying to get his footing and a song of ice and fire hit the mainstream.
I loved the first few Jordan books....but the success all went to his head. He started writing drivel by the pound and becoming the living incarnation of petulance. Whereas GoT should get multiple seasons per book, Jordan's works could be easily boiled down to multiple books per season. So many wasted pages on minutae and loose threads....

i've read that the series was supposed to be a trilogy, then a cycle of 7, but Tor Books kept throwing more huge advances to him to extend the series. from books 6 to 9 i'd say it really showed. at least he got back on track with knife of dreams before he passed.

538 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo