Total Posts
353 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

353 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 18.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ] Older

Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans
Oct 22, 2008, 16:23
Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans Oct 22, 2008, 16:23
Oct 22, 2008, 16:23

If anything, arcane mages are worse than ret. Pallys at least you can run away from. Arcane mages can do just as much damage just as quick, but from 36 yards away. And if you gang up on them, they just frostnova > manashield > blink > iceblock > instant invis. Good luck killing one with less than 3 people. If it's one vs one, all they do is cast one dmg spell and finish you off with instant casts. Used to be in a 1vs1 fight they at least had to fight tactically to win against my boomkin, using things like spell-steal to take my heals, blinks to get out of roots, etc. Now they just hit dmg spells because they don't need anything else. They can kill most anyone quick enough that they won't take enough dmg to even get through manashield.

Don't take this as a whine post though, I'm definitely enjoying the changes overall, and they've already said (blue posts on official forums) that they're not nerfing anything until the exp comes out, so we know how things really work after they re-itemize and players get to 80, etc. Which I definitely think is the right move to make. Last expansion, same thing happened with ret pallies getting OP in the patch before, except they nerfed them to the ground just before the exp then, and they were useless after. Never played a pally myself so it didn't affect me personally, but it's still not cool at all.

Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans
Oct 22, 2008, 13:10
Re: World of Warcraft Patch Plans Oct 22, 2008, 13:10
Oct 22, 2008, 13:10

"The war against spelling errors continues: many items have had typos removed or their functionality clarified."

Maybe they should have started with the patch notes?

Re: UT3 Expansion Revealed
Oct 21, 2008, 13:04
Re: UT3 Expansion Revealed Oct 21, 2008, 13:04
Oct 21, 2008, 13:04

It's funny how we're on an expansion for 'UT3' now, and they never even made a UT2. Word to Epic: instead of all this other hogwash that no one wants, make a REAL UT2. You know what I mean.

Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR
Oct 21, 2008, 12:21
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 12:21
Oct 21, 2008, 12:21

Lake Wintergrasp has been a known feature since before WAR closed beta started. The 'queue anywhere' is new, as is leveling through PvP, but it's not a big leap to either of those. They may well have happened whether WAR did them or not. I'm curious to see how they handle 'leveling through PvP' though, because if they simply give xp for HKs, they are gonna have a LOT of pissed off twink players on their hands. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. If they also implement the level-boosting and PvP from level 1 like WAR has, it should be fine. Otherwise, it's pointless.

Re: ...
Sep 23, 2008, 13:37
Re: ... Sep 23, 2008, 13:37
Sep 23, 2008, 13:37

I had a real blast with multiplayer over a LAN, though I got fed up with the game constantly losing sync.

Yeah I've definitely had some good times playing it over a LAN as well. But the real fun factor just isn't there like it is in other RTSs from that era, such as Starcraft or Red Alert 2. My biggest annoyance with the game has always been the complete lack of discipline in troops once they get within combat range. Sure, you can set them up in a variety of formations, which they will promptly abandon the second it actually starts to matter. Second biggest annoyance is all the micromanagement, particularly with trebuchets.

All in all, it's an OK RTS when you've got nothing better, but like I said, not that good of a game.

Re: ...
Sep 23, 2008, 11:37
Re: ... Sep 23, 2008, 11:37
Sep 23, 2008, 11:37

@theyarecomingforyou

I do have to agree. And even AOEII wasn't that good.

Re: No subject
Sep 23, 2008, 10:33
Re: No subject Sep 23, 2008, 10:33
Sep 23, 2008, 10:33

Tell me about it. People here would bitch if they didn't ban gold sellers, they find something else to bitch about when they do ban gold sellers. You can never win on Blues - this place has the largest collection of the most negative, jaded, whiny gamers that I've ever seen on the web.

Apparently you've never been to the WoW forums.

On topic, I'm glad to see they're banning gold farmers. I've already reported a number of them myself.

Warhammer
Sep 22, 2008, 14:03
Warhammer Sep 22, 2008, 14:03
Sep 22, 2008, 14:03

Very good review on this game. In regards to their concern about the public quests, it's a legitimate concern. Many public quests are fine, and can be completed by 3-5 people with relative ease. These are the ones where you have to kill x# of x mob. As long as you have a tank and healer or sufficient healers you'll be fine. Others though require you to protect NPCs in the midst of an onslaught of attackers. So instead of being able to kill 50 to 150 mobs at your leisure, you find yourself swarmed by 20+ all at once, and 3 to 5 people just can't handle that many.

In regards to community building, some things that (IMO) are currently standing in the way are the inability to link anything or having names in chat work as links (ie. you should be able to click on the name of someone who posts a message in chat and have it start a Tell to that person), as well as the lack of emotes and the inability to do custom emotes. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it's surprising how much more personal (and therefore social) it makes an MMO.

Re: More Bad PR?
Sep 19, 2008, 15:24
Re: More Bad PR? Sep 19, 2008, 15:24
Sep 19, 2008, 15:24

"I noticed this as well. My account is now inactive until I get the retail box in the mail from my pre-order."

Yeah, that's why I did Game Stop. Picked up my copy yesterday over lunch.

But I agree, it does seem wrong to not extend the head-start period for at least a few days to cover shipping of the retail copy.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 15:24.

Re: Grahics are great
Sep 19, 2008, 12:01
Re: Grahics are great Sep 19, 2008, 12:01
Sep 19, 2008, 12:01

"I am curious to find out what the WoW burn-outs think. Is the game too much like WoW if you've just recently left it?"

I would be one of those, and no the game is definitely not too much like WoW. For me, this game fits right into that niche where it's just enough like other games (ie. WoW) to be familiar, but different enough to truly be something new.

There's many things I really like about the game compared to other games, one of them being how accessible and integral the PvP (or RvR) is. If you want, you can literally level doing nothing but RvR scenarios from the instant you load into the game for the first time at level 1. But if PvP ain't your cup of tea, no problem! There's plenty of varied interesting quests to keep the quester happy, and public quests from the very start as well for those who are more into large-group raiding types of content. It's all there, right from the get-go.

And then there's the classes, which all have unique twists on the common archetypes to keep you thinking a bit and make you actually use some strategy.

No subject
Aug 20, 2008, 09:13
No subject Aug 20, 2008, 09:13
Aug 20, 2008, 09:13

The great part of this is, software companies are even easier to boycott than music labels. Unlike music, you really can't be "playing a game in the background" while driving to work, cramming for that next exam, or just chilling. And there's waaaaaay more video games out there than anyone could play even if they could play 24/7 365.

Even worse for them, the simple fact that they're not part of a huge conglomerate like the RIAA in the USA means they're doomed before they start.

Many gamers who were buying their games now will not.

Re: This game is actually...
Jul 30, 2008, 16:34
Re: This game is actually... Jul 30, 2008, 16:34
Jul 30, 2008, 16:34

"This game has been awesome for years."

Could not agree more. I purchased a beta key years ago. I have yet to see anything that comes even close to matching the melee combat this game had already back in the .7xxx (and possibly earlier) betas. Oblivion tried, but it didn't quite get there.

The one thing that greatly disappointed me though was the drastic changes made to archery somewhere along the way. I'm not exactly sure which version changed it, but .808 was great, and .903 has the changes that ruined it for me. I wish they would change it back.

Anti-Piracy? Yeah, right.
May 6, 2008, 19:37
Anti-Piracy? Yeah, right. May 6, 2008, 19:37
May 6, 2008, 19:37

This does nothing new to prevent piracy. It doesn't make the game any harder to crack than any other copy protection method. All it does is make it that much more annoying (and difficult) to play the game legitimately. Which means there's just going to be that many more people pirating it just so they get a copy that actually works. In the end, they gain absolutely nothing and lose paying customers.

With this kind of copy protection, it's not even something for me to consider. It's an instant deal-breaker, no questions asked. No matter how good the game is.

353 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 18.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ] Older