Limit Results:

62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo II
Jun 29, 2020, 18:41
Re: Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo II Jun 29, 2020, 18:41
Jun 29, 2020, 18:41

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 29, 2020, 13:56:
A $150 Diablo bust and a set of wings marks the 20th anniversary? Wow... Maybe they'll do something interesting for the 25th or perhaps Activision is just illustrating that they have lost all connection to their target market? Remember when Blizzard was a company that made games for gamers rather than lootboxes for addicts?

I'm old enough to remember a time when Blizzard released a game, it was an auto-purchase because the chances of it being good were almost guaranteed. Now, they could announce a Diablo II remake and I wouldn't even consider buying it. Even though I've been waiting for "Diablo III" for over 20 years.

I can't imagine even considering buying that Diablo bust. Let me reward Blizzard by giving them $150 for ruining the Diablo franchise! Where's Disney at, I'll buy a Rey "Skywalker" bust next for $1138?

Re: Anthem Redesign Plans
Feb 10, 2020, 15:36
Re: Anthem Redesign Plans Feb 10, 2020, 15:36
Feb 10, 2020, 15:36

This is why people need to stop pre-ordering video games. Stop buying games in "early access". If you let them, they will sell you alpha's and tech demos forever. Finished games will cease to exist.

For them to think they could salvage this game is a clear indication of how poorly managed this company is now. It doesn't work, remaking "triple A" titles. It didn't work for Diablo III. It's a completely different game, but it still sucks. No one thinks Blizzard can be trusted anymore. Go ahead and pre-order another classic reforged title. They can't even finish a game that they finished years ago.

The next company to consider going down this route, won't bother. They'll just take your money and run. It will cost them less with all the negative PR and loss in future sales then it will to finance a team for years to basically create a new game. Worst case scenario, they shut down the studio and create a new one with a different name.

Re: Cliff Bleszinski Says LawBreakers Too
Feb 5, 2020, 11:18
Re: Cliff Bleszinski Says LawBreakers Too Feb 5, 2020, 11:18
Feb 5, 2020, 11:18

He still doesn't get it. The game didn't do well because it sucked.

That's the reason Cliffy. It...sucked.

Overwatch is nothing special and it destroyed you.

Get ready for another failure. You have to develop something that is original AND fun! For a wide audience. No one cares about politics.

Make a good game, stop making excuses.

Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming?
Nov 15, 2019, 22:01
Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming? Nov 15, 2019, 22:01
Nov 15, 2019, 22:01

A few more years of work and they'll have what Blizzard has, Diablo III, an unrecognizable game from it's launch that sucks.

Congratulations Bioware, your greed and incompetence has done irreparable harm to your brand!

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 27, 2019, 12:46
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2019, 12:46
Oct 27, 2019, 12:46

Frans!

Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash
Oct 9, 2019, 13:13
Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 13:13
Oct 9, 2019, 13:13

Blizzard hasn't made a good game in the past 10 years. Not sure they are even relevant anymore.

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 9, 2019, 13:04
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2019, 13:04
Oct 9, 2019, 13:04

Happy Birthday Blue! err...Blues News!

Can't remember not coming to Blues News. I do remember when I used to visit Blues, Red's (Stomping grounds?) and then later Voodoo Extreme for all things Quake related. No other site from that era still exists in it's original form. RIP Billy.

Two more years until your first drivers insurance reduction!

If I may add some feedback. I've been relying on your Twitter account for a little while now. Instead of visiting daily, I click on the tweets that interest me. It's a convenience thing. Not sure I would visit otherwise, to be honest. Not enough time in the day to have "daily sites" that are must visits. I really only have one these days and that's the Associated Press news site.

I really like that you made the tweets more descriptive recently. However, they might be too descriptive. Sometimes they look like really long paragraphs that aren't easy to glance at.

An example would be...

Old tweet : "John Romero wants to make you his bitch!"

Current tweet : "John Romero wants to make you his bitch! He's announced a new game he's working on called Frogatana! In it, you will battle frogs, many frogs! There will be bugs, many bugs! Don't worry you can use 50 different weapons that provide 8 distinct weapon styles and 42 copies of those styles with new skins! But wait, there's more...you'll have a side kick! And he'll be as useful as Tattoo!"

That was an 80's reference, btw, for you millennials. Fantasy Island! *sigh*

Improved tweet : "John Romero wants to make you his bitch! Romero announced a new game today which will attempt to set new records at killing frogs. <Read More>"

Re: Tim Willits Joins Saber Interactive
Aug 13, 2019, 19:08
Re: Tim Willits Joins Saber Interactive Aug 13, 2019, 19:08
Aug 13, 2019, 19:08

Heh. I just watched the "downfall" of Quake Champions video (that some guy made) on YouTube yesterday. I just kept thinking Willits was probably fairly responsible for that disaster. It's hard to separate responsibility when you're so much a part of the hype, seen in the video.

I give that fat emo boy credit for Doom's recent resurrection, ironically maybe for the same reason (it worked, whereas Quake Champions failed).

It makes me wonder if Willits was just a good level designer who got over-promoted to a position he couldn't succeed in or maybe just being a part of a large money hungry organization like Bethesda is too much to overcome consistently.

A title like C.C.O. has to come with a nice paycheck though.

Re: PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month
May 17, 2019, 16:45
Re: PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month May 17, 2019, 16:45
May 17, 2019, 16:45

I watched the trailer and it was a little too weird for me.

As for Legend of Grimrock, I have those. Good games, however they were what I was referring to when I mentioned annoying aspects of modern games. I don't like time limits in games where you are rewarded for exploring.

I actually had to give up on my first Grimrock play through because I ran out of food. That's inexcusable in my opinion. Just not fun.

A combo Wizardry/Grimrock game would be nice with the annoying parts of each removed. I play enough FPS and other competitive twitch games. A nice modern casual dungeon crawl would be nice.

I liked Wizardry back in the day, when there wasn't much better around. I'm not a person who believes in nostalgia when it comes to video games. I played WOW, had full tier 1 and tier 2 sets when that was as good as you could get. However, I don't see the upcoming WOW classic as being appealing. I'd prefer Blizzard took a chance and tried to make a better MMO. Get rid of the crazy grind mechanics.

However, 15 years later and people are still paying for WOW. It's ironic that is probably what keeps a better product from being produced. But hey, WOW gave us Overwatch...bleh.

Re: PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month
May 17, 2019, 11:47
Re: PC Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls This Month May 17, 2019, 11:47
May 17, 2019, 11:47

Ah, the memories of Wizardry 1,2 and 3 on my Apple IIc...

Shame the IP got picked up and ruined. Wizardry 8 was a really good game that few played. Not easy to learn, but quite rewarding if you did.

I'd like a modern Wizardry game. There are similar games, but they all have annoying aspects that Wizardry games never had.

Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2
May 8, 2019, 19:07
Re: BFG a Premium Item in RAGE 2 May 8, 2019, 19:07
May 8, 2019, 19:07

Well, I was looking forward to Rage 2. I liked the first game. However, I do not support games that are pay to win or anything like that. If they are going to require "premiums" be paid for weapons, they will be NOT be receiving money from me. Shame.

I do not pay for pre-orders, early-access or any other bullshit that makes these things progress to the state of gaming we have today...where you can't even buy a complete game for 60 bucks. [EA Anthem]

Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed
Apr 24, 2019, 11:01
Re: Anthem Patched; Further Act 1 Changes Delayed Apr 24, 2019, 11:01
Apr 24, 2019, 11:01

This is what happens when you give companies money for products that are not finished. "Early access" is a huge mistake, just like "pre-ordering" is. As long as the money keeps coming in before the product is finished, it never will be. There is no incentive.

You want a finished game? Don't buy it unless it's finished. Otherwise enjoy being an Alpha tester, along with pissing your money away.

No longer do we buy "quality" games, we hope for ones that are just completed.

Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux
Feb 21, 2019, 13:10
Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux Feb 21, 2019, 13:10
Feb 21, 2019, 13:10

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 11:53:
As for the bug fix list, it's common anymore for a lot of games to have a huge list, no reason to act like this is odd.

This is what happens when consumers allow pre-orders and early access to turn them in to alpha and beta testers. These days games frequently ship unfinished, and people are lining up early to fork over 60 dollars to become beta testers. In the case of Anthem, when the game is closer to alpha state, people will stop playing it and the game will die a quick death.

I wonder if Bioware/EA will lose enough money for them to realize it would have better to delay release for another year and to actually finish the game first.

Personally, I don't pre-order. I don't want early access. I want a finished product. One that plays without major bugs.

You guys can beta test, I'll wait to see if the game is actually finished before I purchase it. *crosses Anthem off the list*

Re: Black Mesa Status
Jun 22, 2018, 17:28
Re: Black Mesa Status Jun 22, 2018, 17:28
Jun 22, 2018, 17:28

Yeah, I agree. If we're talking about the end "Alien ending" to HL, I thought it was the worst part of the game. I didn't like it, although I remember loving the rest of the game.

Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines?
Apr 2, 2018, 12:19
Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 12:19
Apr 2, 2018, 12:19

Linux gaming has improved every year. The only area it's losing support from is from Valve. Really, when was the last time Valve released a successful new product?

As for Steam machines, the release was it's doom. Who the hell wants 50 different machines to choose from on a platform that hasn't proven it has a large enough game selection to warrant any significant money should be spent on it?

The idea was insane. There should have been ONE steam machine. It should have been from Valve, or with some partnership with Alienware or whoever they wanted.

It still would have failed, but it would have had a better shot.

I am convinced, the last place Linux will grab a significant market share from is from the desktop (with gaming tagging along for the ride). Meaning, it's already everywhere. It's on your phone, in your tv, your router, your car, any electronic device with internet access. It powers your search engine, the stock market, almost everywhere you go on the web.

It's free and as long as companies can leverage that it's going to creep further and further in to everyone's life.

Microsoft is reorganizing (again), the Windows division is losing importance. It's obvious to everyone, even Microsoft, that it's not going to be a big part of their future. It's a dying product. Microsoft is going to make money from cloud based subscription services, game making, entertainment options, etc.

You already own 50 steam machines.

Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
Sep 20, 2017, 12:38
Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Sep 20, 2017, 12:38
Sep 20, 2017, 12:38

I must be the only one not looking forward to this game. I've not liked any of the reboots. The story doesn't seem bad, however, I just don't like the game-play. The last game I watched Seagull stream it and it looked awful. It looked very dated, mechanically.

I have to admit, I'm tired of Nazi's and WWII themed content in games and movies. I'm OK with it disappearing in to history where it belongs. I always liked Wolf for being the "first FPS", but I think I'm OK with it being a franchise that fades away. What are they going to do, a hundred years from now still be cranking out Wolfenstein games?

I'm surprised they're making money off of these games.

Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
Feb 23, 2014, 11:22
Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 11:22
Feb 23, 2014, 11:22

Is there any surprise that an entity created by Broussard and Miller would be this desperate?

Somewhere in Texas there are some middle aged broken down strippers with IOU's looking for reimbursement.

Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
Dec 18, 2013, 12:14
Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 12:14
Dec 18, 2013, 12:14

Quakeworld is still my fondest memory of FPS multiplayer gaming. Whether I was swinging through a map like spiderman using my grappling hook in Threewave CTF or just playing my favorite mod of all time the original Team Fortress, you just can't find anything that approaches that experience anymore.

Today, you have 12 year olds who used their daddy's credit card to buy hacks sold my some tool that ruins every FPS game within days of release. And when that's not the case, the trolls await to rend any remaining fun the game possesses.

Re: Steam Machines Announced
Sep 25, 2013, 16:51
Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:51
Sep 25, 2013, 16:51

If no consoles had ever existed, and Microsoft and Sony announced the Xbox1 & PS4 as the first ever consoles, you guys would shit all over it saying "What do we need those for, they're not as powerful as a PC. I already have a better gaming PC. There aren't as many games available as there are for my PC. It uses a gamepad? My keyboard and mouse is better than that. etc, etc."

Just like when Steam was released and everyone shit on it.

I'm glad there are others releasing alternatives. Look at the mess Microsoft tried to stuff down our throats. If Sony didn't release the PS4, it would have landed the way it was originally announced to.

Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
Sep 17, 2013, 20:54
Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 20:54
Sep 17, 2013, 20:54

The fundamental problem with the Auction House was not itself, but the way loot is handled. All items should be BIND ON EQUIP. That fixes a lot of problems. You wear it, you can't trade it or sell it. For years MMO's have known this has to be the case. You can't have a game with millions and millions of people playing and no items ever decay unless someone closes their account.

I would love to know how many items have had thousands upon thousands of owners. It made Blizzard money for sure, but it's an inexcusable game mechanic.

I'm not going to miss the AH, but as people have stated there is not going to be any decent way to trade unless they announce something else. I hate having to negotiate trades via chat and coordinate getting characters in the same zone or game. It's 2013 give me a AH like trade interface.

I need the dungeon creation changed too. I know the expansion might fix this, but it really sucks with the fog of war and having to guess the correct way to go in a zone you've been in zillions of times. Show me the entire map. Show me where the elites are, let me choose where to go. It's called FUN. Let me have some!

And the worst mechanic that ruined this game more than ANY other...damage being bound to the weapon. "WTF, I'm a complete novice game designer let me do the stupidest thing EVER done in the history of game design!"

"Cool, I just found an awesome new weapon with a cool proc...and it does no damage. I'll go back to my rusty farmer's pitchfork which does infinity damage."

When do they announce they're going to fire everyone who authorized the game design of D3? The artists, the engineers kicked ass. The design team should pick new careers.
62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older