Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1395 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 18:29 Tom

I think this project has made quite a substantial contribution to the ruining of the credibility of the crowdfunding concept. Well done, Inafune!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2016, 23:02 Tom

Pigeon wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 21:38:
If they're going to claim video games and other media cause violence, can I claim day time talk shows cause stupidity? At least video games don't try to pass fictitious entertainment off as reality.
Yes, you can claim whatever you want to claim, just like them. But the difference is, they got you to watch their stupid claims. You bowed to their will. They achieved exactly what they set out to achieve. You would do well to remember that.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: edge experiment Jun 20, 2016, 22:43 Tom

I'd rather waste battery than use a Microsoft web browser... energy well spent.  

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
3. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 15, 2016, 21:40 Tom

Odd, it's always worked flawlessly for me. And it makes it incredibly easy to play with a group of friends together. More than any other FPS I've ever played. You can join a group even while they're playing, spectate, and then when they finish a round it'll automatically find a new server so everyone can play together as a group. It's totally effortless. Seems like most FPS games make you fight tooth and nail to play together, and then you still end up stuck on opposite teams half the time.  

News Comments > Rocket League Neo Tokyo This Month
3. Re: Rocket League Neo Tokyo This Month Jun 11, 2016, 15:44 Tom

Geez, you weren't kidding. Masterful.

I daresay they're ... firing on all (4) cylinders here.

News Comments > Rocket League Soars Past $110M
3. Re: Rocket League Soars Past $110M Jun 1, 2016, 23:32 Tom

They deserve every penny. With Overwatch and all this cool VR stuff happening, I still find myself wanting to play Rocket League more than anything.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2016, 10:31 Tom

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 05:28:
In any rate, UK is not perfect by any means but calling it an Orwellian nightmare by somebody from the good ol` US of A is a borderline farce. Lol...dude...have some perspective. I don`t have to worry about getting thrown in jail/shot on sight for small possession, jaywalking, or in general being alive. The cops are actually helpful most of the time.
Do you believe everything you see online?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2016, 20:22 Tom

Another claim of new vastly superior battery technology that will never see the light of day... *yawn*  

News Comments > The Assembly This Summer
1. Re: The Assembly This Summer Apr 8, 2016, 20:17 Tom

Dang it, I was hoping it was this Assembly in VR. Or at least this one.  

News Comments > Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month
4. Re: Rocket League Hoops Mode Next Month Mar 31, 2016, 07:08 Tom

This game is so awesome. Still totally loving it after playing it to death. Always new and fun stuff happening. And the devs just get it. They will no doubt continue to be showered in mountains of cash as a reward for that.  

News Comments > P.O.L.L.E.N Next Month
2. Re: P.O.L.L.E.N Next Month Mar 31, 2016, 06:56 Tom

If they can hit that date, they oughta do well. The Rift might actually start shipping to a significant number of people by then.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
9. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 06:27 Tom

El Pit wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 04:13:
Hm... 6 to 8 years, and the vr hype will be gone, just like 3d. Both have their merits, but it comes down to software/movies using the new technique cleverly instead of just doing a cheap conversion/programming job to sell each ticket/game license for a few $$$ more.
Yes, the VR hype will be gone, just like the 3D hardware acceleration hype is gone. Did people say "oh, 3D hardware acceleration is nice, but it's just a gimmick - we're going to go back to CPU-based rendering now"? I don't think so.

VR is an absolute game-changer for cockpit sims. Racing, flight, space, mech. I can never go back to a monitor and TrackIR setup for those sorts of experiences.

Are there other games where VR is kind of tacked on or forced? Sure. But that doesn't mean it's any less mind-blowing for cockpit sims.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2016, 21:08 Tom

AlexSledge wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:46:
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:36:
Now, if she could just convince him to stop...
...making movies.

All fixed.
Yes please. And yet if it wasn't JJ, it'd probably be even worse eh?

News Comments > Serious Sam Engine Released
1. Re: Serious Sam Engine Released Mar 11, 2016, 20:53 Tom

Good for these guys. This is a generous and courageous act that should be praised.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 18:29 Tom

The consumer version of the Oculus Rift (CV1) does not represent the bare minimum for acceptable VR. In my opinion, DK2 was close in many ways. With a little better ergonomics and maybe less screen door, they could've sold DK2 as CV1, and would've if it hadn't been for the FB buyout. The 75 fps of DK2 is plenty sufficient thanks to the low persistence. CV1 is going to be 90 fps which is overkill to be on the safe side in my opinion.

I think Playstation VR can definitely be lower quality than CV1 in many ways and still be a great success.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 19:59 Tom

Never install software from a sizable hardware company, if you can avoid it. It's almost always terrible stuff.  

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
23. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Feb 29, 2016, 18:09 Tom

A 980Ti is $600+. A 27"+ gaming monitor can easily go for $800+. Plenty of people are falling over themselves to buy that stuff. But VR is "stillborn" because of these prices? Starting prices, for the very first generation at that. Give me a break.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2016, 18:46 Tom

I saw auto-playing video ads on here on my phone the other day and was like ... ok, that's it, I'm done trying to browse this site on my phone. It was a nice read during lunch or whatever but I'll stick with a reddit app instead. Not only do the video ads make everything slower, but I only get 500MB of cellular data per month and having that wasted by stupid video ads is not acceptable.

In case anyone is wondering what kind of crappy phone I have that can't do ad-blocking ... it's a Windows Phone, Lumia 1020. Great camera and phone functionality, but that's about all it's got going for it at this point. The app situation is abysmal. Even Skype, owned by Microsoft for FIVE YEARS NOW, still runs like utter crap on it. But I digress.

News Comments > New Radeon Crimson Drivers
3. Re: New Radeon Crimson Drivers Feb 25, 2016, 18:32 Tom

Sounds like a hot fix alright, bwahaha.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2016, 20:33 Tom

lol @ the VR skeptics. Have any of you even tried a DK2? There's no going back to a monitor / TrackIR setup once you've made the leap to VR. I'll never race or fly on a flat screen again. And I'm looking forward to doing plenty of other stuff in VR beyond sims.  

1395 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo