Total Posts
472 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 24.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jul 1, 2008, 06:42
Re: No subject Jul 1, 2008, 06:42
Jul 1, 2008, 06:42

Not to mention they don't give a shit about specific detail oriented qualities that used to be symbolic of the design, creative, and artistic prowess of the company.
Also, the companies seem to think that cartoon graphics are the right decision... which is a load of BULLSHIT.

I *NEVER* would have guessed that Diablo 3 would look cartoony. In all my pessimism I would LAUGH at the person who would suggest such a thing.

No subject
Jun 30, 2008, 18:34
No subject Jun 30, 2008, 18:34
Jun 30, 2008, 18:34

I'm really glad that I'm not alone on this one. When I tried to post to the Valve forums about my distaste for the direction Valve has been taking with the design of their games, I was met mostly with cries of "Stop whining, you baby!" or "who cares about that shit? lol!!!".

I really hope that we can get through to Blizzard. I've already sent them an email about the gore, detailing some things that they need to do. I figured, why not? I was accepted into the Blood closed beta about 9 years ago and felt they needed to tweak some things.

Guess what? If you've ever kicked a severed head around in that game, it was because of me!

EDIT:
You all have to check out the music from Matt Uelmen from part 1. They should have made the art team listen to this before starting work.

Listen to the beautiful 12 string guitar in the Tristram town song, full of darkness, forboding, and lamentation for the past. (Check out part 2's version! It's a re-touched version with higher sound quality and re-mixed volume levels for the different instruments. It's much better.)

Or the dungeon1 music, full of absolutely creepy sounds, leading up to a charged gothic assault.

It's absolutely beautiful, and I wish that he was making music for Diablo 3.
http://www.battle.net/files.shtml#

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 18:57.

No subject
Jun 30, 2008, 17:14
No subject Jun 30, 2008, 17:14
Jun 30, 2008, 17:14

While people that run into combat like Rambo still get killed, that's only because they suck or only had time to kill one or two people regardless as to their aim and all that.

In the old days, you could actually secure a specific location from anyone being able to penetrate with enough firepower. Of course, people would break through and then push forward (that's how you'd break into the garage, after all), but that was all part of it.

This new crap is bullshit and is nothing but running around trying to shoot people in the head being a little shit running your mouth off.

Fuck Valve for fucking with the original code. They could've had their way with their own fucking version, CS:Source.

No subject
Jun 30, 2008, 17:09
No subject Jun 30, 2008, 17:09
Jun 30, 2008, 17:09

Newsflash, people: these graphics are crap. While the dark artisticness of some of the outdoor environments was interesting, the general graphical detail of the whole thing is very sub-par.

To me, it looks cartoony and very low-res.

Don't expect to need to upgrade: I think Blizzard is more interested in every last computer in the world being able to play their games than coming through with high detail graphics.

The original Diablo ran like SHIT on my Pentium 75 (lol).

I doubt that most people will care about this, but mark my words: there are certain details from the original Diablo series that will not make it to this new version.

See my previous post for details (gore). And btw, Mortal Kombat and Soldier of Fortune Payback suck ass: when you forget the violent impact sound and blood for Scorpions spear or can't make the shotgun/entity decals gory or fun, YOU'VE GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM!!!!!!

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 18:29.

No subject
Jun 30, 2008, 08:21
No subject Jun 30, 2008, 08:21
Jun 30, 2008, 08:21

I'm with you, beamer. Games these days really just... suck. At least, from a qualitative perspective as far as certain levels of detail.

I'll just not elaborate on that, as I don't want to get into all this crap. I've already sent an email to Blizzard about their incredibly shitty gore.

I'll buy it too, but I am not holding my breath. The graphics suck (Diablo's required an upgrade), the gore is incredibly boring (ooo! enemies turn into 3 or 4 little gibs at times and there's no blood pools or particular gory detail on the bodies!), and I'm expecting their sound effects to not be up to par with Diablo's (where every last little sound was like biting into an MSG laced piece of Chinese food).

By the way, rest in peace Counter-Strike, Postal, Soldier of Fortune, Quake, Battlefield, and whatever the fuck else has been fucked over through the years.
This comment was edited on Jun 30, 08:30.

No subject
Jun 30, 2008, 02:55
No subject Jun 30, 2008, 02:55
Jun 30, 2008, 02:55

Back before Valve ruined Counter-Strike, suppressive fire was present there.

The way it worked was if you got shot, you could move hardly at all for about 1 second and your aim was slowed down or something. Also, a couple shots to the chest/1 shot to the head (w/o a helmet) with an assault rifle and you were dead.

What that amounted to was that only fools jumped into the line of fire, and suppressive fire was effectively implemented. I loved this feature.

But now it's gone. Valve decided that all the stupid kids would rather play Quake instead, so now everyone jumps into the line of fire and it's no longer about tactics, it's about headshots.

You can literally be getting pumped up with multiple rounds from an smg, point your desert eagle at someones head, and kill them.

RIP Counter-Strike.

No subject
Jun 16, 2008, 08:39
No subject Jun 16, 2008, 08:39
Jun 16, 2008, 08:39

Stupid conservatives and their bullshit. While it is kind of offensive to those particular to say, Christianity or patriotism, their innate ability to take one thing and stretch it into a mantra of hatred is unparalleled.

Google has no responsibility to represent this country's holidays and is on it's own time, god damn it.

Jun 14, 2008, 07:49
... Jun 14, 2008, 07:49
Jun 14, 2008, 07:49

This is another sign of the mutation of the game industry. I would say the death of, but that is innacurate.

The industry will never die, but will continue to exist in a state of cookie-cutter, profit-margin, coporate employee yes-sir ambitious c*** sucking, band-wagon jumping, crappy story-telling, s*** console xbox360 non-detail bell and whistle graphic (!) , gore-inept, God-of-not-so-gory War (!!), CRAP!

And by the way, Valve not only ruined their at one time modern Counter-Strike Source, they managed to f*** over the original they supposedly left intact... and still left that one closer than CS:S.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 07:50.

No subject
Jun 11, 2008, 07:03
No subject Jun 11, 2008, 07:03
Jun 11, 2008, 07:03

For me, not so long. Back in 2005 or so there was hit show after show. The political and social commentary was scathing, and the humor was just literally laugh out loud hilarious.

That has ended, though. The new humor is obviously written from different writers who do not understand how to make Homer actually funny. The Simpsons movie is an abysmal failure and is nothing but a poor attempt at physical comedy, where the original series was loaded with hilarious social and political commentary. They talked trash about everyone and everything, in a way that was just a kick to the nuts out of left field.

This new crap isn't even funny, and somewhat reminds me of the new SNL episodes/Geico commercials. RIP, Simpsons.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 07:04.

No subject
Jun 7, 2008, 07:18
No subject Jun 7, 2008, 07:18
Jun 7, 2008, 07:18

A mod of a mod! Awesome!

Bah
May 31, 2008, 08:04
Bah May 31, 2008, 08:04
May 31, 2008, 08:04

This game is crap from a violence standpoint. Whether you agree with me or not, I don't care. I was very excited about this game but when I played it a month from release during the PVP weekend, I was very disappointed. The gore is crap, and I didn't notice any non-grind gameplay. (It seemed like a cookie-cutter MMO rip-off... A well funded instant MMO of just-add-water status... minus real water).

Perhaps the latter part isn't in the final product as claimed (no more endless killing monsters to level), but the former most likely is. This aspect of the game is an integral aspect of the so-called "death" of the game industry, and while the majority won't agree with me (hmmm...) I stand by this until the end.
This comment was edited on May 31, 08:07.

hmmm
Apr 18, 2008, 14:40
hmmm Apr 18, 2008, 14:40
Apr 18, 2008, 14:40

Sounds like an external developer to me.... Not good!

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 24.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older