Total Posts
472 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 20.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older

Re: The Saboteur "Softened" Version
Nov 20, 2009, 11:07
Re: The Saboteur "Softened" Version Nov 20, 2009, 11:07
Nov 20, 2009, 11:07

I think it was foolish of them to call a Swastika-less version of a game still featuring everything else "softened".

I'll bet you anything there will be lost sales over this.

Also, isn't Germany typically pro-censorship? I could have sworn that violent media was frowned on over there.

To be quite honest, I think that the anti-Nazi gameplay actually made the game seem socially (politically correct thus socially acceptable despite the violence/nudity) correct if what I remember is right.

Re: AvP Has Dedicated Servers
Nov 20, 2009, 10:55
Re: AvP Has Dedicated Servers Nov 20, 2009, 10:55
Nov 20, 2009, 10:55

I really look forward to it. Rebellion is one of my favorite developers and is responsible for AvP on Jaguar and on PC.

They didn't make AVP2 though. That one was made by Monolith.

Re: Diablo II Patch Status
Nov 20, 2009, 10:49
Re: Diablo II Patch Status Nov 20, 2009, 10:49
Nov 20, 2009, 10:49

At least they're still doing something.

Re: New on GameTap
Nov 14, 2009, 18:14
Re: New on GameTap Nov 14, 2009, 18:14
Nov 14, 2009, 18:14

How haven't they been supporting their customers?

Re: New on GameTap
Nov 12, 2009, 20:32
Re: New on GameTap Nov 12, 2009, 20:32
Nov 12, 2009, 20:32

I like Gametap. There's a bunch of interesting games to choose from and quite frankly it's like a warez site where you can actually get the games your looking at.

Also, they've begun adding support for X64-based systems. Initially you couldn't really do anything with a 64-bit computer, but now they've started working on supporting their proprietary code working with the WOW (Windows on Windows) 32-bit emulator layer.

It's still a work in progress though due to the fact that they apparently have to hand-code support for each individual title.

It's unusual for a company to do anything about X64-related problems. Usually people just refuse to address it.

And why shouldn't they? Who wants to divert team members from current tasks to see who wants to take a crack at figuring out how to troubleshoot with the WOW emulator and 64-bit code?

Who wants to waste money on a small group of power users who should have known better than to rely on a potentially unreliable operating system?

And who the hell wants to deal with an X64 compatibility problem as complex-sounding as this?

But when you respond to a tough technical question regarding your products usability when you don't HAVE to do anything shows that you DO support your customers better than most.

Re: CoD Endowment
Nov 11, 2009, 14:51
Re: CoD Endowment Nov 11, 2009, 14:51
Nov 11, 2009, 14:51

Sorry about the anger, I just tend to get frustrated when it comes to narrow-minded aggression.

I take back what I said about foolishness. We need people to make the sacrifice of taking the chance when it comes to the military.

Sorry about offending you.

You'd think that the government would perhaps get more opportunistic about funding specific things and perhaps start a government-run international corporation.

Then they could fund improvements to veteran programs and medical care.

Re: Gamer Sues Sony
Nov 10, 2009, 18:52
Re: Gamer Sues Sony Nov 10, 2009, 18:52
Nov 10, 2009, 18:52

He needs glasses and a lesson in ethics.

He's lying just to milk cash out of Sony.

You don't start a lawsuit about accessibility when all you need to do is wear contacts/glasses.

Also, Gamespot seems to think that translucency = transparency. "It doesn't help the visually impaired that some of EverQuest II's characters are actually invisible." This was in regards to a translucent spectre.

I guess that to half blind people a half visible object that they can't see is as good as invisible, but it's weird.

Re: CoD Endowment
Nov 10, 2009, 17:50
Re: CoD Endowment Nov 10, 2009, 17:50
Nov 10, 2009, 17:50

While I respect your ability to join the military and benefit professionally, there are some people out there who lack the intelligence to just play the game for professional purposes and end up doing things like joining the Marines and ending up with life-threatening injuries (Try the Navy sometime if you want to "deploy" safely).

These people want to kill shit and be Rambo. They join the military to kill these "sand niggers" and expect Uncle Sam to have been realistic in its sales pitch about true opportunity (see the recent commercials about weekend warriors in the reserve) and safety.

Only a fool believes that Uncle Sam wants to protect you, help you succeed, that you stand a good chance of avoiding dismemberment/death/permanent injury in frontline combat, that you will find work after being discharged, etc.

Careful with the anger, I'm sure there's plenty of people working for the military who want to help but simply can't.

These promises of career opportunity and liklihood of survival are the same type of words that drive unsuspecting open-minded people into problems like Satanism. The words in the Satanic bible sound like a philosophical breakthrough of existential, liberated thinking and freedom of existence.

When really all it is a sucker punch to your intellectual respect and sympathy to indoctrinate you into Satanic practices.

Unfortunately the military IS all about the shiny guns... Minus much of the shine, that is.

I'm sure that it's a tragically low IQ that lures people into these messes. Only a fool or a fool who has nothing left to lose (such as a lifer in prison) would ever engage in such foolish choices.

You have to feel sorry for some poor kid who thought his best bet was to play Rambo and ended up getting mortared by the bloodthirsty freedom fighter who has ZERO moral qualms about ANNIHILATING the enemy who has set foot in HIS country potentially without warrant to murder him and take his home.

Remember, our hatred over here is just as much "sand nigger" as they think "sand nigger" about us
(Death to America vs. Let God Sort Them <All> Out).

And don't think that I sympathise so much for the average Arab person. Assassin's Creed was full of shit when they tried to say that our meddling with the morality of execution methods was the equivalent of critisizing the clothing of indigenous people (see the intro with the intruding, trespassing bald eagle biding its time while watching the alleged day-in-day-out normalcy of Arab life.).

You cannot tell that kid that he deserves nothing in life. You also cannot criticize Uncle Sam for giving him what he needs at the expense of the national/military budget in order to live a life with some semblance of normalcy.

Especially after his hands have been stained by so much blood, what with manipulating the impressionable open young minds of the young. 18 year olds are kids. You can even check physiologically, as developmental growth seems to halt in males at about 24 or so, perhaps implying that true mental "adulthood" may take place someplace after 20.

Funny that you can join the military and kill people with assault rifles at 18 but cannot buy an easily concealed handgun until 21 (at least in California).

You cannot tell someone that you can just join the military without having effectively said "and expect to come home as well". Not to mention the more than implied career opportunities and non-combat "JOBS" available WHILE SERVING DUTY (see "armyjobs.com", yet another marketing campaign.)

All the banners and posters imply explicitly that survival is to be expected. That you can dive into the Persian Gulf in the Army or Marines and expect to survive frontline combat.

I feel partially indoctrinated myself when I think about it. Shit, much more of this and I could sound like a proponent.

Please don't get angry if you are a veteran, ex-marine, patriot, etc. Without people taking these positions we would not be able to defend ourselves.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 17:58.

Re: Activision's Call of Duty Endowment
Nov 9, 2009, 15:03
Re: Activision's Call of Duty Endowment Nov 9, 2009, 15:03
Nov 9, 2009, 15:03

What a good idea for foundation activity. What bad timing for plugging anti-regulation.

Whoever said this is being coordinated by a Washington PR firm is probably right.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 15:09.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Oct 31, 2009, 02:58
Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2009, 02:58
Oct 31, 2009, 02:58

Nirvana? Alright!

Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns
Oct 26, 2009, 10:24
Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns Oct 26, 2009, 10:24
Oct 26, 2009, 10:24

I can't imagine living in an area where it's crazy to even go outside.

I'll bet the film crews there are more worried about bombs than unions.

Re: No MW2 Ded. Server
Oct 26, 2009, 07:19
Re: No MW2 Ded. Server Oct 26, 2009, 07:19
Oct 26, 2009, 07:19

They better hope that they've figured out how Microsoft pulled off the miracle of a working Xbox Live when any non-dedicated PC servers trying to pull that shit would be laggy as hell.

I'm serious. Check your facts: Xbox Live should have failed based upon our previous experiences.

Also, keep in mind that some companies just won't trust their CONSOLE cash cow to communism-based lag-potential non-dedicated player-based servers (Battlefield: Modern Combat anyone?).

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 07:21.

Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns
Oct 26, 2009, 06:21
Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns Oct 26, 2009, 06:21
Oct 26, 2009, 06:21

These pediatricians need to keep in mind that what's going on here is an exacerbation of pre-existent and underlying problems.

These kids who suffer from apparent video game problems are actually the same kids who would still be bullying, beating other kids up, and generally being little shits.

"media violence is one of the causal factors of real-life violence and aggression."

What they're noting is that these problem kids are potentially affected by video games as the de-sensitization to the IDEA of violent behavior and engagement is a catalyst to these things potentially happening.

I think that both the researchers and the kids would calm down if the kids were forced to watch those Russian MMO kids murdering an old man through beating his face with a heavy steel wrench (and yes, the pink blood spurting out of the cheek bone ought to turn off any actual impulse to violence).

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 06:34.

Re: etc.
Oct 19, 2009, 17:59
Re: etc. Oct 19, 2009, 17:59
Oct 19, 2009, 17:59

That AVP dev company is THE company for AVP games. If you thought the Jaguar one was good, you should try the PC version (part 1). It isn't nearly as atmospheric, but is a little more fair (careful, the ai can be relentless on harder difficulty levels and there's limited saves) and definitely more bloody and fun!

You can actually dismember people like Soldier of Fortune (hands, forearms, arms, head, torso, feet, etc) and the blood that flies when you shoot people actually comes into contact with the ground surfaces and permanently leaves a decal.

You can shoot someone's head off with the predator spear and have it hang embedded into a wall. You can also rip people in half with the wristblade.

It's awesome.

Just stay away from AVP2: that one was made by Monolith and really sucked.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2009, 18:00.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Oct 16, 2009, 14:27
Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 16, 2009, 14:27
Oct 16, 2009, 14:27

Which copy of Windows 7 should I buy?

Preferably the one with the kernel in it that doesn't charge me extra for Windows Media Center.

Not to burst anyone's bubble over Windows 7 itself or anything though. I do actually feel a bit optimistic about stability and do look forward to ending up with DirectX 10/11.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2009, 14:31.

Re: Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia
Oct 9, 2009, 00:44
Re: Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia Oct 9, 2009, 00:44
Oct 9, 2009, 00:44

I'll still never get over how people will go to Frankenstein call of arms status for Manhunt's bullshit-assed gore (minus the baseball bat to the head thing) and completely fucking ignore Soldier of Fortune 2's disembowelment, head to toe dismemberment, face-being-shot-apart piece by piece with Iranian-stoning blood sheet accuracy, blood-sheened intestine and brain matter with pools of blood surrounding type details because it's politically correct!

I'll bet you L4D's gore isn't anything unusual at all.

Re: Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia
Oct 7, 2009, 16:43
Re: Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia Oct 7, 2009, 16:43
Oct 7, 2009, 16:43

I think these Australians are a bunch of psychopathic social conservatives who probably make their kids watch Bibleman rather than conventional super-heroes/anime etc.

L4D probably isn't really anything other than your typical spawning of blood animation whenever you hit something coupled with some regular-assed zombie type bloody default decals on the player models.

This isn't some shocking, first release of Mortal Kombat type of game. It isn't Soldier of Fortune 2's intense details such as the ability to shoot off pieces of someone's face.

It's some regular-assed first person shooter.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2009, 16:46.

Re: Another Blood Bowl Patch
Sep 30, 2009, 13:38
Re: Another Blood Bowl Patch Sep 30, 2009, 13:38
Sep 30, 2009, 13:38

Your a bunch of clueless fucking idiots. Do you like the taste of food? Cause apparently you don't fucking care whether any salt or pepper, let alone any real fucking seasoning, is added.

Why don't you go jack off to Predator 2 some more like the blind, ignorant, tasteless pieces of shit that you may well fucking be.

And by the way, I don't need gore to enjoy a FPS. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault taught me that very well.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 13:41.

Re: Another Blood Bowl Patch
Sep 30, 2009, 10:49
Re: Another Blood Bowl Patch Sep 30, 2009, 10:49
Sep 30, 2009, 10:49

They better not fuck up the gore. I swear to GOD, developers these days just are CLUELESS when it comes to proper effects in video games.

Now, don't go thinking "WTF this guy's just complaining about nothing" because these problems add up to Predator 2 status for me at least.

Hellgate London was so boring for me because killing stuff didn't satisfy me at all. And when I saw the energy weapon for the gun carrying character I thought "Oh boy..."... and then BAM! jack SHIT happened when I shot a monster with it.

Also, the swords sucked as well.

People that worked on Diablo, the polar opposite of this shit in every sense, worked on this game.

Where the fuck is the Diablo quality then? You don't need a big budget to implement proper effects that at least adhere to the principles of good effects.

Do you remember specifically how satisfying Scorpion's spear from Mortal Kombat 1 was? Remember how it would make that bass-centric, gory sound when it would impact the throat? Remember the moan of pain from the affected character? Remember the mixture of arterial spray with blood chunks that spewed out, and then made a nice and gory splashing sound as it properly came into contact with the ground and left a decal unlike MANY games WAY after then? And of course, the "Get over here!" was very well done and edited.

How about instead we end up with the spear making no noise on impact, one or two little things of blood go to the left and right, and no indication of pain from the victim?

That would be the most recent version, Deception.

Though I must give them credit for actually re-creating Scorpion's "Get over here!" just as fucking good as the original recording.

But really. LOOK AT THIS! They realize the significance of making it sound good like it used to, and then they give us this watered down shit otherwise. And they're probably completely OBLIVIOUS as to the problem.

HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE BE SO CLUELESS, IGNORANT, AND BLIND?!!! HOW THE FUCK DO PRODUCTS GET RELEASED OUT OF QA WHEN THEIR PRIMARY FUNCTION RUNS INTO A PROBLEM WITH USING THE NORMAL METHOD OF USE AND THEY WOULD HAVE NOTICED IT IF THEY'D ACTUALLY RUN IT THROUGH QA FOR A COUPLE WEEKS?

AND WHO THE FUCK ACTUALLY LIKED PREDATOR 2?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (other than the urban environment thing)

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 10:56.

Re: Video Games and the 1st Amendment
Sep 29, 2009, 15:09
Re: Video Games and the 1st Amendment Sep 29, 2009, 15:09
Sep 29, 2009, 15:09

How can you possibly say that producing a sports video game that capitalizes on the likeness of athletes who are accustomed to getting paid for their likeliness is a form of art where such capitalization is inappropriate?

Sports video games aren't non-profit artistic tributes to sports legends.

I smell bribery...
472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 20.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older