Total Posts
472 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 16.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older

Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced
Apr 9, 2010, 11:38
Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced Apr 9, 2010, 11:38
Apr 9, 2010, 11:38

"It leaves blood pools/stains when players get severely injured and lie on the ground, I believe.

Don't let something like this keep you from playing a fantastic game."

True. I'll keep that in mind.

After reading all the comments I feel compelled to check it out. It sounds like a cult-classic game worthy of the title of an all-time favorite.

Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced
Apr 2, 2010, 10:51
Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced Apr 2, 2010, 10:51
Apr 2, 2010, 10:51

Does anyone know if they made the game even remotely satisfying with gore akin to the Mutant League Series?

Despite the awesome sounding concept, I couldn't shake the feeling (especially with the strange lack of *any* of the violence taking place in the screenshots) that they completely fucked over any notworthy goriness.

You gotta hate it when people say "Blood bowl! The bloodiest football game to ever unleash bone-crunching carnage onto your PC!" and stuff like that, only to leave you with a piece of shit that only flashes some red on the screen on contact.

PEOPLE, WE NEED DISMEMBERMENT, BLOOD SPRAYING AND SPLATTERING ALL OVER THE TURF (** VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE BLOOD THAT FLIES ACTUALLY LANDS AND LEAVES A DECAL! THINK MORTAL KOMBAT/PRIMAL RAGE ARCADE VS PRIMAL RAGE GENESIS/SNES), AND NICE POOLS OF BLOOD THAT COLLECT UNDERNEATH ALL OF THE ACTUAL CARNAGE THAT I AM THINKING OF!

This shit reminds me of making a Mortal Kombat movie that doesn't have any blood or gore at all!

Re: Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week
Mar 17, 2010, 19:56
Re: Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week Mar 17, 2010, 19:56
Mar 17, 2010, 19:56

It'd be nice if it was all simple and all they had to do was write a few lines of code to get the in-game stuff to scale for higher resolutions.

They'd probably need to re-do some things, as has been said earlier.

Re: NVIDIA Beta ForceWare Drivers
Mar 17, 2010, 17:58
Re: NVIDIA Beta ForceWare Drivers Mar 17, 2010, 17:58
Mar 17, 2010, 17:58

It's a shame that the old driver review website I went to when I was 16 isn't around.

They used to review all the new beta vid drivers and would always explain what's new, what works, what's broken if anything (digital vibrance anyone?). You could actually find enough info to find that secret individual beta driver that has some significant performance increase.

And yes, my past experience shows that everyone should be using a specific beta driver for optimum performance.

Attempting to figure out such things by yourself is ridiculous, however.

Just remember that sometimes things are broken with these and even the WHQL's (Microsoft certified).

Re: Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week
Mar 17, 2010, 07:54
Re: Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week Mar 17, 2010, 07:54
Mar 17, 2010, 07:54

I'd have thought they'd patch it up for high res as well.

What kind of idiots allot resources to patching Diablo 2 (hey let's crack open that 10 year old source code!) and fails to realize at any point that a modernization patch (frame rate limiter + new resolution adjustment options) is needed?

Oh well. At least they still support it.

Re: Cuts at Rebellion?
Mar 12, 2010, 14:22
Re: Cuts at Rebellion? Mar 12, 2010, 14:22
Mar 12, 2010, 14:22

Thanks for the insight.

It's really fucked up that these business people lack the experience with games to notice that they need a "creative director" who's job it is to A, maintain a consistent and coherent direction for the game and B, actually have the EXPERIENCE PLAYING GAMES to EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE HIS REQUIREMENTS FOR GOOD TASTE AND QUALITY.

QUICKLY! WE MUST COMBINE MYSELF, JAMES CAMERON, AND THE LEFT FOR DEAD 2 DEV TEAM INTO ONE HARMONIOUS BEING OF PROPER EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND TRULY CAPABLE TASTE AND VISION FOR AT LEAST BASIC SPECIAL EFFECTS!

WE SHALL RULE THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY WORLD WITH AN IRON FIST OF GOOD TASTE AND QUALITY CONTENT!

Re: Cuts at Rebellion?
Mar 11, 2010, 12:17
Re: Cuts at Rebellion? Mar 11, 2010, 12:17
Mar 11, 2010, 12:17

Good for them. This new AVP game is such a piece of shit. And what got me is the fact that the guy who did the sound effects is the only one left of the team with any clue as to what the fuck they should have been doing with themselves.

Re: Evening Mobilization
Mar 6, 2010, 02:08
Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 6, 2010, 02:08
Mar 6, 2010, 02:08

The Bachelor: The Videogame?

Well, I hope they're planning on releasing it as a Wii-exclusive title.

Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed
Mar 6, 2010, 01:31
Re: Ubisoft DRM Titles Confirmed Mar 6, 2010, 01:31
Mar 6, 2010, 01:31

It's very stupid of them to do this online-only bullshit. To be perfectly honest, I don't think it's even legal.

I'm serious. I don't think you can sell people a product with these kinds of stipulations in this country.

Now this might sound controversial, but what they should have done was be completely outright and defensive of their position. They should have done the Bioshock thing.

Yep. THAT thing.

Why? Because the idea behind that effort is to implement those uncracked (initially at least) and draconian hardcore measures ONLY DURING THE CRITICAL FIRST FEW MONTHS AFTER RELEASE.

What that does is get all the lazy people with money that would have pirated to actually go out and buy the game.

You should be able to put up with those limitations for a temporary period. They aren't over-encumbering as long as there aren't any problems (and there were, if I remember correctly).

Re: Shaun White Skateboarding Announced
Mar 5, 2010, 20:57
Re: Shaun White Skateboarding Announced Mar 5, 2010, 20:57
Mar 5, 2010, 20:57

Very true. I didn't know that.

Let's hope that they try something radically different from the standard Tony Hawk fare.

Just what exactly that would be, who knows. Hopefully it will be better than that stupid Tony Hawk 3, where max stats = no skills.

I do find it interesting, however, that Shaun White Snowboarding was made using an engine designed for flights sims (and yes, it looks good).

No subject
Mar 4, 2010, 23:57
No subject Mar 4, 2010, 23:57
Mar 4, 2010, 23:57

Bluesnews is the best.

Re: Shaun White Skateboarding Announced
Mar 4, 2010, 23:53
Re: Shaun White Skateboarding Announced Mar 4, 2010, 23:53
Mar 4, 2010, 23:53

What kind of retard makes a snowboarding game with wheels and no snow?

What kind of dumbass would diss skateboarding by making a Shaun White skateboarding game?

Only a genius who is likely to make more money than he had ever possibly imagined.

I wish I could have thought of something as mindblowing as Shaun White Skateboarding. Then I'd be rich!

Re: Saturday Mobilization
Feb 28, 2010, 11:50
Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 28, 2010, 11:50
Feb 28, 2010, 11:50

I find it quite scary that people are implementing RF devices onto their persons like this.

Cell phones are one thing. 3G wireless routers attached to your person is an entirely different concept.

We don't know what is really what when it comes to radiation, but if UV emitting lights are a potential health threat, wireless routers attached directly to your body probably are as well.

Truthfully, and depending on whether routers constantly emit radiation when no one is using them, cell phones are likely worse; think of how far that signal has to travel to reach the nearest tower.

Does radio activity ring any realization bells?

Re: New ScoreDoom
Feb 28, 2010, 11:44
Re: New ScoreDoom Feb 28, 2010, 11:44
Feb 28, 2010, 11:44

Lol I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this mod.

Why?

Because back when people tried to put scoring systems into FPS, it never really amounted to any benefit for the player.

With this, the damned thing should actually work!

I just noticed that there's some extra features as well. Cool.

Re: Escape from Enemy Mountain DOOM 3 Mod
Feb 28, 2010, 11:40
Re: Escape from Enemy Mountain DOOM 3 Mod Feb 28, 2010, 11:40
Feb 28, 2010, 11:40

I feel you on the grammar thing. I even knew about the different spellings and was caught off guard.

Also, it is quite true that you can't determine someone's intelligence based on their vocabulary and grammar.

Do any of you remember the attempts during the 90's (I think) to really start artificial intelligence? Do you remember the two major contenders (Ivy League School vs Independent Entrepreneur)?

The individual was a type of person that I would refer to as a "little shit" (Disclaimer: I used to be something of a little shit when I was a kid. I kind of grew out of that.). He would be your typical trash-talking 20-something adult that plays on Xbox Live.

The only difference is that while he was terrible with his english and vocabulary (?), he was actually (apparently) highly intelligent; he actually was able to get a respectable job despite anything that ever happened.

He's the guy who killed himself.

Everyone had mocked him, probably even sent him death threats, and he had a lot of enemies. He would probably always run his mouth, and unfortunately probably wasn't really naturally skilled with business.

It turns out that he was good at math. Despite the fact that he appeared to be incredibly stupid when it came to online conversations.

Re: Game Reviews
Feb 28, 2010, 09:49
Re: Game Reviews Feb 28, 2010, 09:49

This new AVP game is a steaming pile of shit. I was trying very hard to make Rebellion look good, but it seems that they have gone the way of Duke Nukem.

Only their product actually hit the market.

Have fun playing your so-called AVP game. I can't believe that people said it was really gory when they removed all dismemberment entirely (don't even worry about my little blood splat thing).

Keep in mind that these people were actually neck-and-neck with the major devs with AVP PC as far as videogame violence effects were concerned.

To see them literally go the way of Duke Nukem Forever is pretty fucked up.

I miss being able to shoot off a body part and lodge it into a wall.

Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday
Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday Feb 28, 2010, 09:49

This new AVP game is a steaming pile of shit. I was trying very hard to make Rebellion look good, but it seems that they have gone the way of Duke Nukem.

Only their product actually hit the market.

Have fun playing your so-called AVP game. I can't believe that people said it was really gory when they removed all dismemberment entirely (don't even worry about my little blood splat thing).

Keep in mind that these people were actually neck-and-neck with the major devs with AVP PC as far as videogame violence effects were concerned.

To see them literally go the way of Duke Nukem Forever is pretty fucked up.

I miss being able to shoot off a body part and lodge it into a wall.

Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday
Feb 25, 2010, 19:03
Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday Feb 25, 2010, 19:03
Feb 25, 2010, 19:03

lol I feel like Rip Van Winkle; I didn't even know that it had been released yet!

I'm excited. Gotta start downloading.

Re: Op Ed
Feb 25, 2010, 12:13
Re: Op Ed Feb 25, 2010, 12:13
Feb 25, 2010, 12:13

The same thing happened with the Resident Evil 4 port. That game's controls were so bad that it actually was unplayable.

I understand that they spent very little money on it (and correctly so, given the PC market's value vs. consoles), but to have a game pass through any testing/QA with unplayable controls is truly unimaginable.

I wonder how the testers felt about that?

I just wanna say though, Resident Evil 5's PC port is actually pretty damned good. They really tried to make that game's port reflect the system that it was being ported to; there's a frame rate limiter in the options menu.

THAT is some hardcore PC-centric stuff right there! Most *PC* people probably haven't ever messed with frame rate optimizations.

Also, I think that Capcom is getting pretty good at making game engines. There's a few problems that they ran into with something to do with a clipping problem/some oddities of optimization, but it actually runs very fast otherwise and sports impressive texture detail.

The PC version may have higher detail textures.

Re: Codemasters Expands
Feb 21, 2010, 14:34
Re: Codemasters Expands Feb 21, 2010, 14:34
Feb 21, 2010, 14:34

Doh. Oh well. Good for Bohemia.

They are talented.

I wonder if Far Cry 2 sucked (don't blame Crytek)?
472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 16.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ] Older