Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
17. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 15, 2015, 03:26 InBlack

Need for Speed 2 was the last good NFS game. 'Nuff said.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2015, 03:24 InBlack

Well done Half-Elf! That pinhead from Cj parker was kinda lame.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

Here is a thought. Aliens will be....alien! Schocking right?

Humans like to anthropomorphize. They give their pets human attributes, their plants, wild animals, cute panda bears and even inanimate objects are not exempt. You see our brains are limited by our own, human experience in what they can imagine. The truth will be far fucking weirder and different than anything we can imagine.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2015, 02:42.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
35. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 15, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 20:57:
lols

valve will sit on it forever, like a crude oil firm with perpetual motion tech

I agree. Although your analogy is bullshit. They will sit on it forever because it would never live up to any expectation. Wasn't there a report a few months back that basically confirmed that HL3's development has been downsized to a 10 man team that basically sits around and twiddles their thumbs?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 22:41:
So once again a white liberal media platform is telling white people they can't complain about things...in their own country at that. Typical. If everyone is so "down" with letting in all these refugees put it to a vote. They don't because they know it would fail miserably. The reality is if you just keep letting people in from other places where it's shitty it's going to end up the same here. These people have to take responsibility for their future. If you're not willing to fight for it why the hell should we? Much less pay for you. Why aren't all these Muslin Arab countries taking them all in or helping them fight in a meaningful way? Why do we always have to be the ones to pick up the slack for the Middle-East, Africa, etc.

Crazy fascist shit...Who is we? The US? Canada? I don't see you guys sending any boats over to 'pick up any slack'. And who would you say is DIRECTLY responsible for the rise of ISIS? I say bring em in, take em in. We need their genes anyway and in most of Europe the death rate is significantly higher than the birth rate. This way we help the refugees of Syria and Iraq and help ourselves too. An integrated society is the only possible global society.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
10. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 15, 2015, 02:01 InBlack

Meh. More trolling for hype. The specs have to be 'ultra secret' shhh! It's not like this game is going to break any graphics benchmarks or win any beauty rewards....  

21. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 16:16 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:01:
I would rather they drop the story altogether.

Why? HL1 had an awesome story. HL2 wasn't that great but it was still pretty good. Im not really sure what you're on about...maybe you got it confused with Doom?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2015, 09:27 InBlack

Wasn't it also initially quite an expensive peripheral too?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 09:23 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 09:11:
If Aliens can't protect their IT it ain't our problem

And here I thought Jeff Goldblum uploading a virus from a Mac to an alien mothership was complete horsephuckey! Silly me!

1. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

"...and proceed to make a PS4 exclusive and fuck you PC gamers!"

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 14, 2015, 09:16 InBlack

I enjoyed SC2 when it first came out, the campaign felt nicely fleshed out and the continuing story of Raynor, Kerrigan, Mengsk et. al. was very satisfying. They sure took their time with the expansions though, by the time the Zerg expansion came round I gave up waiting for a glorified expansion pack, the multiplayer alone would probably be a draw if I had the APM and reflexes of my SC1 playing days but now? Meh not really...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 05:29 InBlack

This is not only a problem with the drug industry, but with pretty much any industry at any level. Any technological breakthroughs that aren't inherently profitable are sidelined. Very few companies and corporations are prepared to take risks that will lead to very slim profit margins. This is a systemic problem and one that will not be solved without a change in the political or social climate of our increasingly globalized society. As long as the pursuit of profit is valued above all others our technological progress will be slaved to the pursuit of making a quick buck. Welcome to Ferenginar  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 13:46 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 11:52:
So no, the game was an extremely fun and deep stealth experience imo. (And how would you know they are valid points if you never played the game?)

Where did I say that I did? I simply asked a question because none of what you wrote there Eraser is in any way apparent from Mack's review. All I saw from that review was a very corny (storywise) game with a very limited open world, and gameplay that is far inferior to even FarCry. Based on that review I wouldn't touch the game with a 10 foot pole, however what you wrote has me intrigued somewhat.

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

KilrathiAce wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 05:01:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 21:05:
I was never a big fan of Mack's videos. He's obnoxious and intentionally dense and likes to fixate on minor nitpicks that often boil down to his own personal bias more than anything even remotely objective. He did a video review of Oddworld and repeatedly stated he hates platformers throughout the whole thing. Why even review a platformer if you hate the genre? So stupid. Not sure what Blue finds entertaining about him.

Learn to watch his videos and you will learn why, he clearly makes his points. His MGS and even 2nd video he just made clearly states why MGS is medicore game at best.

As someone who has never played a MGS game before, he does makes a couple of valid points why the game is not really worth a buy. First of all the missions are a variation of three different types and they are repetitive as fuck. Secondly from what Ive seen in the video, the AI is blind and stupid as fuck. The game seems really shallow and boring. Is he wrong about that?

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
1. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 09:54 InBlack

Also DCS World 1.5 (just the new renderer, EDGE) is expected by the end of September. Good times to be a sim fanatic!  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 11, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

Well duh. The privateers just want a piece of the cake that the gaming rags, mags and online sites have been taking for years. It's only fair...  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

Horse armor...ugh.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video
18. Re: Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video Sep 11, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

If I remember correctly in Skyrim you leveled skills by using them. Additionally you had special magic 'perk' tree at each level up where you could unlock specials within the specific skill sets. This is not how it was done in any of the previous Fallout games, so is this how its going to be done now?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 11, 2015, 09:15 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 05:29:
InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 03:50:

I was being facetious, but mark gil is being a fucking hypocrite. How many forests were cleared to plant all those crops like rice and grain, corn, potato, carrots etc.? How many natural habitats were destroyed in the process? How many animals have gone instinct over the millenia so that humanity can live more comfortably, i.e. eat more bread! He can delude himself all he wants, but he isn't contributing to the salvation of one single farm animal, and he is just as responsible for the death and extinction of wild animals as everyone else.

Actually, most of those forests being cleared are to make pasture for beef cattle:

According to one report, an estimated 70 percent of deforestation in the Amazon basin can be attributed to cattle ranching.

As a food source, meat and beef especially, are very inefficient. It takes 10 kg of grain and 1000 l of water to produce 1 kg of beef. Do the math. If you care about natural habitats, being vegetarian has by far the lowest impact. As for animals going extinct, the main reason is overhunting, not loss of habitat due to farming. Does plant farming have an impact? Absolutely, but it's lower than farming animals for meat, or hunting.

Those are all very dubious numbers. Also, compared to the US and South America, the rest of the world doesn't produce or consume nearly as much beef. One other thing, here in the EU cattle is not fed grain. (Not to mention the steroids and hormones, this is illegal in most EU countries). Still, all numbers aside the fact of the matter remains that humans are omnivores. Sure you can exist on plant matter alone, but a mixed diet is always going to be healthier for you. Eliminating meat & fish completely from your menu is going to be bad for your health any way you put it, unless you go out of your way to supplant that animal protein and fat with pecan nuts or something equally rare or expensive. Lastly people are still starving in many parts of the world, you look me in the eye and tell me those people don't have a right to butcher an animal or two they catch in the wild so their families don't have to starve.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Born
14. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Born Sep 11, 2015, 05:07 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 04:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 02:28:
Pandas are from China, hence fake Pandas

What does this even mean?

China was once the biggest producer of knocked off consumer goods in the world. Basically anything you can think of, they knocked off at one time or another.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo