Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 05:14 InBlack

Never go full Lucas. Never. Funny thing is if they took like half of that 80 Million and only built Squadron42 first, none of this would be an issue and Chris Roberts would rightly be hailed as the messiah who saved the space sim genre...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
4. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 23, 2015, 05:10 InBlack

Same here. They are basically taking the TF2 formula, mixing it up a little bit and adding their special Blizzard polish. It's what they do best, and I for one am pretty excited about it. It might very well end up sucking but from what little Ive seen already, I don't think that's very likely.  

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:55 InBlack

Preaching to Sugarman and his ilk is useless. From his posts he has already made it clear that even if the game is never released it's 'the journey' that was the point...

Oh man, don't you just want to slap people in the face who spew ridiculous shit like that.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
29. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 23, 2015, 03:51 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 14:10:
harlock wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 13:48:
is it really that hard for you to understand how people could play a game that is just mediocre or a way to kill time? you honestly think people have to love every game they play? shit - some people play games they hate specifically because of that

its pretty sad you cant realize that - those are your "tears" there, buddy

Hahah no, I am pretty much saying they will do exactly that - bitch and moan then buy it anyway. It's Fallout 4, everyone here is going to own it

Bethesdas design decisions are totally irrelevant, people will just change the game to play how they want like every other Bethesda game. Skyrim was pretty bland without mods and everyone loved it, this will be no different.

Skyrim was never this bland. Say what you will but the ES games have a rich and deep lore, and a terrific atmosphere, straight out of the box, vanilla flavor. The fact that you can strike out in any direction and make your own story was pretty cool in all the ES games, but it was never something that was specific to the Fallout universe. Not even with the original games. You can't simply make Elder Scrolls with Guns. Which is what they are aiming for here. It's going to be shit, because its NOT Elder Scrolls...duh....

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

And yet you keep voting the same fucking greedy bastards or populist failures into office. Year in, year out.

The only person in this race that's possibly saying something they actually believe in, and will try to implement from day 1 seems to be Bernie Sanders. Unfortunately he lacks charisma. Cos you know how people looooove to choose style over substance, any day of the week. I hope you guys vote him in, I really do. Hope dies last.

Clinton will probably try to steal his thunder, and promise everything he is promising. Except when you elect Clinton president, none of that shit will come to fruition. Mr. and Mrs. Clinton are pretty tight with Wall Street. And that will be the end of that, status quo preserved...

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:33 InBlack

Sugarman wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 03:07:
I'm out, no more tonight. People can make up their own mind.

Hahahhaha. Sorry couldnt resist. Ahahahahahha.... Laugh

News Comments > Street Fighter V Specs
4. Re: Street Fighter V Specs Sep 23, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

What the fuck??? Are these guys the worst coders on the planet, or what? So you have TWO characters in a one room level....Jesus Christ, imagine if they had to make a FPS shooter, i7, triple SLI GTX980 minumum required, lol...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SOMA
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - SOMA Sep 22, 2015, 11:35 InBlack

This has a System Shock kind of vibe to it, however I doubt it has its depth.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans
31. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 22, 2015, 09:47 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 08:41:
InBlack wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 02:44:
Also don't you think that killing the same random NPCs, over and over, and over again is kind of boring?

Isn't that every FPS?

Your analogy would have more merit if the FPS in question was basically one level that consisted of one room. Although in most FPS Ive played, you didnt need to kill a certain number of NPCs to get better weapons. Actually a better fit for the analogy would be nearly every MMO ever made.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2015, 02:55 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 16:47:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 12:03:
"Polar bear throws stone, breaks glass aquarium wall at zoo. "
Oh my god, the bears have learned how to use weapons? I warned you all the day of the bear would come!

This short story is for you.

Bear Discovers Fire.

Christ I tried reading that but gave up after one paragraph...Hope it's not by anyone you know 'cos Im gonna be scathing: It is written terribly. We had a flat...We were in a car...My brother the preacher and his son my nephew....aaarrgh.

Needs an editor or ten...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 22, 2015, 02:48 InBlack

Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 14:01:
what are you guys talking about? dedicated server isn't a vague term, it means a dedicated server, as in the server is not p2p, that's what dedicated server means.

and obviously anything running on this engine that's 40 players is going to be run on a dedicated server. that is separate from a custom server.

"custom server" means that you can well... customize it, and has nothing to do with dedicated. you can do a customized p2p server even.

"dedicated server" just means that it's hosted remotely, that there's a "server" that's "dedicated" lol.

and i'm almost %100 sure that all MP dedicated servers are instanced. That's how you can tell a good hosting company from a bad one, how many instances they try and shove on one box running at the same time. I think back in BC2 days it was 8 per box? it's probably gone up since. personally, I'd pay a premium to know that my server was the only one running, but that's just the business back-end.

Were you born on or after 1990? Its either that or you are being obtuse on purpose, just like these shithead EA reps. As if they don't know what people mean when they say dedicated servers....

29. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 22, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Arithon wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 10:32:
InBlack wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 09:20:
I have elected to forget all about this game for the time being, despite being a space-sim fanatic. The reason is simple. There is simply not enough to do if you simply want to blow shit up and advance. It's way too slow and too repetitive, and I'm not a fan of trading even though it's basically a must-do task if you ever want to earn the credits for the biggest ships in the game.

That might have been true a while ago (1.2) but I'm making 100M Cr plus per week from combat only. You are out of the loop, clearly.

Join Hudson or Duval's faction, go into crime sweep or equivalent, get 10,000 merits (took me three days) and you'll get 50M CR per week pay plus 200% on bounties. Typically 10-45M CR in two-three hours in a RES. Rest of the week is yours for exploring etc.

See here

I play for three-four hours max, as I am in full time work. After you make rank 5, you only need 5,000 merits per week to stay there, which is pretty easy.

So what are Hudson or Duval's factions and where do I join them? Also don't you think that killing the same random NPCs, over and over, and over again is kind of boring?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
15. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 22, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

So I guess this rules out shooting the dog and and then having its undead corpse follow you around the map for the rest of the game....  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero, Skin, and Mount Plans
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero, Skin, and Mount Plans Sep 22, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Reasonably sure that both of these heroes will displace the other top tier support and warrior heroes, Uther and Leoric currently.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

Task wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 09:18:
I think someone on here said that meant 'instanced' dedicated servers. If there is no server browser or lobby, then there is no way for someone to set up a customized game on a server box. This needs more clarification, since 'dedicated server' to EA/Dice means something different to them then what it should be.

Yeah, sounds like a nice case of doublespeak and doublethink from the EA reps. Standard fare PR bullshit. Well at least the games are not going to be hosted locally but it sure as hell doesn't mean dedicated servers in the 'traditional' sense of the word.

1. Re: Elite Dangerous SteamVR Support Plans Sep 21, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

I have elected to forget all about this game for the time being, despite being a space-sim fanatic. The reason is simple. There is simply not enough to do if you simply want to blow shit up and advance. It's way too slow and too repetitive, and I'm not a fan of trading even though it's basically a must-do task if you ever want to earn the credits for the biggest ships in the game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 21, 2015, 09:17 InBlack

Heheh, well played Blue. Diablo is too weak in HOTS and that sucks cos he could be quite a lot of fun to play.  

News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
13. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 21, 2015, 08:00 InBlack

Tom wrote on Sep 19, 2015, 11:28:
Y'know, I tried to use IFF on my MiG-21bis teamkill. Unfortunately I was a noob and trusted the manual which had two failings that burned me here: 1) it doesn't correctly describe IFF symbology on the radar, 2) it neglects to mention the crucial Type 81 switch in the startup sequence, without which IFF doesn't work for reasons I still don't understand.

And isn't December way too early for LN's next planes? So far they've announced the F-14 with "initial internal BETA stage during the first half of 2016".

They have stated on numerous occasions that the two unannounced modules in development are significantly further along than the announced F14. The reason why the F14 was announced first is kind of self-evident.

News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
9. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 19, 2015, 04:24 InBlack

Tom wrote on Sep 19, 2015, 00:25:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 21:09:
All things being equal, I would think an M2000 would be able to take out a MiG 21 pretty easily. Are you counting on poor piloting?

You bet I am. Hey, I took out an F-15C with a GAR-8 in my F-86F Sabre once. Anything's possible when you fly with amateurs.

Some people have found success with the MiG-21bis on DCS multiplayer servers. Personally I've yet to get a kill that wasn't a teamkill. But I've come close a few times. It helps tremendously to have GCI (AWACS) support. The radar on the MiG-21bis is crap. So is the RWR. But the plane has so much analog character it's hard not to love it.

IFF, IFF, IFF It's there, use it. And yes the Mig21Bis is fantastic. I'm waiting to see what the two planes from Leatherneck will be before preordering anything. They are also supposed to be coming in December. Im probably going to go with the Viggen first if it is the rumoured plane coming from LN studios.

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April
16. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 18, 2015, 07:44 InBlack

Wilson! wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 07:26:
InBlack wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 02:31:
Diablo3 had an atrocious story. Ugh, I shudder even now when I think how low Blizzard have fallen with their story telling, after the brilliant horror stories of D1 and D2...

Those games had no story, stop fooling yourself. Go back and actually play them now instead of relying on your childhood nostalgia.

No stories? Stop trolling, you are pathetic at it.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo