Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
13. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 16:01 InBlack

This is the big Sq42 reveal? Really? Not even a single gameplay video of Sq42 in action? Walking around ships is nice and everything, and I'm sure the digital incarnation of Gillian Anderson is just as hot as the real one, but where is the game?

Oh boy, are they in trouble or what?

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2015, 05:41 InBlack

Not to mention the fact that if he got 'dissapeared' somehow, and it ever got out that the US was behind it, bang....instant martyr. That's why you don't see so many political assassinations anymore. Those in power got wise to the fact they are a very short term solution.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 11:34 InBlack

Jesus Christ Verno, are you this condescending always? I've done some coding in my life & I've played quite a few games too, enough to know that the upload speed most games use over the network is nowhere near that mark. Let's do a few quick calculations. Half a MB per second, (since that is the min. requirement) in one hour of gaming adds up to 1.8 GB of data per hour! You don't think that's excessive?  

45. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 09:17:
InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 03:01:

So yeah, Ill stand by my original assertion. Fail netcode.

It's half a megabit, there's nothing wrong with the requirement and games have changed a lot over the years. There is a lot more in sync between server and client these days, there is nothing wrong with their implementation.

Erm, it's not half a megabit, it's half a megabyte. 512 Kbps would be kilobits per second, 512 KBps are kilobytes per second. Quite a bit more. I also fail to see what more could there be in sync between the server and client, if the newer games are so simplified compared to the originals. (And apart from the graphics they really are much simpler) Im thinking that their cloud versions of "dedicated servers" are inefficient as fuck and that well for a lack of better idiom....fail netcode.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 09:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

Followed that "What people of 1910 thought 2000 would look like" link and managed to stumble on to this:

Elvis & Nixon

News Comments > Morning Interviews
24. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 7, 2015, 03:26 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:02:
El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:58:
I also doubt that Star Citizen is a con. It's just a ridiculously out of scope kickstarter project driven by the ego, sorry, "vision" of it's mastermind. This behemoth of a nonsensical approach to gamemaking will never, ever be finished in any way resembling the promises of His Chairmanness. And EVERYBODY who is working/has been working on the project knows this but will shut up until they leave or get laid off. There is no intentional criminal act involved, it's just a clusterfuck of a project run by somebody who might slowly understand that the scope of his vision is far, FAR beyond anything that can be achieved with our computers at least in the next 10 years or so.

Agree completely. It's not an intentional fuck up, but a fuck up never the less.

It's semantics. You think those people who pledged a shitload will feel any better when this all comes crashing down? Incompetence, Malice, whatever, Im sure CR will find some way to weasel out of it though...

As for the size of Cyberpunk, Im sure they are talking about complexity and game mecahnics, not just in terms of gameplay hours, or landmass size.

For example, in the Wild Hunt for the most part you only played as one very specific character. You could customize him a little bit, but he was a Witcher and he was Geralt of Rivia. In Cyberpunk, you will have the choice to play a multitude of characters/classes. That in itself is a huge upgrade in terms of game mechanics, quest results etc.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 07:10.

News Comments > The Crew Wild Hunt Trailer
5. Re: The Crew Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 7, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

I would totally play GTA with Ciri as one of the lead characters, doing her magic shit in her hot leather.

Ok...Im sick.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2015, 03:29.

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
94. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 7, 2015, 03:05 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:05:
I still think it's amazing how their convention is called CitizenCon.

I came here to post this but was beaten to the punch. Yeah, boggles the mind.

41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

Bard wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 16:50:
InBlack wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:59:
Whats up with the half a MB/s internet connection?? I don't remember the last time a game needed that much bandwidth. Mega fail netcode?

Sounds like sufficient bandwidth for decent fidelity. God knows it's been ages since a game with more than 24 players had enough bandwidth.

Except that the original Battlefront (or Basically Battlefield reskined) game which came out ten years ago supported more players than this game at release, had bigger maps, used more vehicles, etc. etc....

So yeah, Ill stand by my original assertion. Fail netcode.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 7, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Game of the year...ahahahah, why not call it game of the century edition, of the millenium, of the Galaxy edition.....Ahahahahh.  

News Comments > Witcher 3 Expansion Video
7. Re: Witcher 3 Expansion Video Oct 7, 2015, 02:31 InBlack

intermarer wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 00:58:
Let me guess what this expansion is about:
- Go somewhere and accept a quest
- Go to marked location and use Witcher sense
- Follow red footsteps/scent/whatever
- Kill something
- Rince and repeat

Oh and let's not forget somet scattered bandit camps and monster nests to give the illusion of an open world with lots to do

There were quite a few of those, but they were mainly Witcher contracts. However there were awesome primary and secondary quests that were so much more. But then again, you probably already know that and do this to get a rise out of people.

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 09:59 InBlack

Whats up with the half a MB/s internet connection?? I don't remember the last time a game needed that much bandwidth. Mega fail netcode?  

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
15. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 06:39 InBlack

Well, there is no accounting for taste...;)  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 03:17 InBlack

Im thinking it can't be that good. The book was apparently a sleeper hit. But a lot goes on in a man's mind while he is stranded on a fucking alien planet that might not transfer that well from the written word to the big screen. Ridley Scott doesn't exactly impress with his work lately either, the last good picture he directed being The Gladiator FFS...  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
187. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 6, 2015, 02:55 InBlack

The writing on the wall:

Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 10:25 InBlack

...but I can't see this being designed AROUND single player since adding a single player campaign was a stretch goal, not part of the original project.

Well fuuuck me. Single player was a stretch goal? Great. I can already see the singleplayer portion morphing into NPC side quests pardon me I mean erm...missions. Combine that with the kickstarter (cheat) ships everyone and their grandmother is going to drive and welcome to EvE 2.0...

Im just going to forget about this game now, because the higher Chris aims with this the harder its going to fail or turn into another Freelancer turd tacked onto a pretty MMO....

Talking about Star Citizen being vapourware with CJ two years ago:

Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 15, 2013, 03:53 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:47:

Scottso wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:16:
I don't think that's altogether fair considering Robert's past history with these sorts of games.

Oh yeah? The last game that Chris Roberts worked on was Freelancer and you might want to read up on the development history of that game. The short version is that Roberts got degraded to "consultant" because the project was a clusterfuck. It suffered delay after delay and in the end it was taken away from Roberts so it wouldn't end up as vaporware.
The Wing Commanders, while awesome games at their time, were also troubled by hefty delays and feature cuts because Roberts was always way too ambitious for his own good.

There is plenty of reason to be concerned about Star Citizen given the massive scope of the project. Chris Roberts is riding the razorblade between madness and genius. Outcome undetermined but wish him luck. He's gonna need it.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that this game is losing focus. Most of the core audience wanted a modern Wing Commander or XWing. Not a FPS.
And also not a game where you have to micro-manage shit to death like taking care of ship insurance, hangar fees, taxes and all that crap that is going to take away from the actual piloting.

This is well said. I would also like to add one more thing to the discussion. If this game fails hard due to Roberts overambition, greed or whatever, publishers are going to have one more excuse to stay away from space sims and potential fans/customers will be so butthurt and burned out by the whole ordeal that they will never pledge money for a space sim ever again.

I would have been more than satisfied with just the military campaign SP, and this is the first thing that should have been released and would go a long way towards proving that Star Citizen is not vapourware. The "Dogfighting Module" and "Hangar Module" stinks, no REEKS of World of Tanks in Space and Roberts can go fuck himself with that for all I care...

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2015, 03:21.

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
7. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 6, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Would you play a game where Ciri ports interdimensionally into Liberty City or Los Santos and proceeds to hustle her way to the top??  

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
13. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 21:10:

Personally, I wish they'd do a full version of FC3: Blood Dragon. How fucking EPIC would that shit be?

=-Rigs-=

Yeah Michael Biehn FTW!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 12:01 InBlack

Husky glory holes are wowesome. That is all.  

12. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

NasWulf wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:58:
But you're assuming that The Escapist is considered a credible press organization protected under the law, which they have demonstrated on several occasions that they are not. Slander and bigotry allegations are quite serious and detrimental to whomever is associated with them. If CIG can prove slander to them or one of thier employees, freedom of the press will be meaningless.

If they can prove it is key. I'm not going to be sad to see Escapist pay if they made up that story, but those are two pretty big ifs...

9. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 09:57 InBlack

killer_roach wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:53:
InBlack wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:46:
Going after the press (even the gaming press) in the courts is a little bit like committing suicide. Especially if the author & editor are standing by their original assertions and sources.

The lawyers will like their paychecks though. They always do.

Not sure about how it would possibly go down in the UK, but a lawsuit of this nature would go absolutely nowhere in the US. Being able to prove sufficient malice aforethought to meet the standards of the Sullivan Test is very tricky indeed (unless Roberts tries subverting it by saying that he and his company are not public figures - good luck with that).

The reaction also invites further inquiry - it's like they've gotten their foot caught in a bear trap, pried the trap open, and then stuck their head in instead.

Yep, it could be a bluff meant to appease their loyal fans who might be starting to wonder at this point. If Escapist calls it though, the shit's gonna really hit the fan at RSI.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo