Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
3. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 09:42 InBlack

Wake me up if they ever release Squadron42. K? Thanks bye...

...ZzzzzzZzzzZzzz...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
73. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 05:16 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 04:30:
InBlack wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 02:27:
I like simple, mindless FPS games. Easy to learn, hard to master.

These statements are antithetical. A game cannot be simple and mindless, and also be hard to master.

Doom1&2, Quake, Quake2, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, etc. etc. etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: No Windows 10 for me Oct 14, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

1 min from cold boot is not insanely fast. What are you running it on a DX486?  

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
71. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 02:27 InBlack

No Ping counter. No server browser. No sale. I like simple, mindless FPS games. Easy to learn, hard to master. What I don't like is playing with ping 150+ against LPBs and not even knowing about it. (Let alone being able to do something about it).  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 10:01 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:48:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:38:
I'm sure a lot of people will show up in the thread though, to show you the error of your ways Blue. They will list reasons.

I'm finally going to have to make the jump to 10. I've spent, across a few months, 3-5 hours trying to get my win7 desktop (about 5-6 years) to recognize a 3TB drive, and it just doesn't work. Something to do with Intel RST drivers, but I've tried every install under the sun, and nothing works. At one point, I used a lixux based tool (I think it was, at home, and I'm at work now) to format it correctly as a single 3tb NTFS partition, and while windows saw/used it for ahwile, once it hit 1.9 tb or so, it basically shit the entire volume and all the data was lost (thankfully most of it was on dropbox).

So...

Crapola, that sucks dude. Well good luck with Win10. Im not sure I could make the switch at this point, apparently people are having issues with it in DCS, which is something that I could not tolerate.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 09:31:
OK, now I finally dive in...been looking forward to it.

Yep, stopped playing a few hours in and never went back to it. A combination of things did it, most importantly the UI and weird graphics and combat turns. I usually love turn based combat games so will download this and give it another go.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 09:38 InBlack

I'm sure a lot of people will show up in the thread though, to show you the error of your ways Blue. They will list reasons.  

News Comments > New HotS Cheat? MMR Reset Possible
1. Re: New HotS Cheat? MMR Reset Possible Oct 13, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

I'm burned out on this game. Might give it another whirl if they decide to reset the MMR ratings in a season restart. Still waiting for Overwatch beta.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
56. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 08:41:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 08:15:
Jaded? Im jaded because a game I would probably like, and buy (despite my aversion to EA and Origin) misses functionalities that were standard in first person shooters since the original Doom??? I don't even know how to respond to this, maybe youre trolling me 'cos of my views on StarCitizen or something...

Not saying you're wrong about whether they should include them, but Doom had neither a server browser nor a ping counter. That wasn't standard until Quake 2.

Remember how we all needed QSpy to find Quake servers? That wasn't standard, that was a third party app made to solve a problem id didn't.

You are right. Memory is weird. Doom didn't have a server browser, but Doom2.exe did have a ping counter. We used to play it over the modem back in the day. The Host had PING 0 obviously, while the other guy hoped for the best...(Which is why most games were played to 42 (21x2) where we switched hosts at the midpoint). Same thing with Duke Nukem 3d.

You are also right about Quake not having a server browser initially, but it did have dedicated servers for TCP/IP play. You needed to get the IP numbers for the servers you wanted to play from somewhere else (before Qspy)

54. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 08:15 InBlack

Jaded? Im jaded because a game I would probably like, and buy (despite my aversion to EA and Origin) misses functionalities that were standard in first person shooters since the original Doom??? I don't even know how to respond to this, maybe youre trolling me 'cos of my views on StarCitizen or something...  

49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 03:38 InBlack

Nuhauser wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:05:
Is complaining about not being able to choose a server or see your ping not allowed anymore? That's what I find unforgivable in this otherwise fun game. I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies. I also find it annoying when I hit someone 10 times and they hit me twice and I die. Sure, it's great when it's the other way around. Taking out 3 people in a row who can't even see me because of the difference in our ping has nothing to do with my skill though, and just makes the game feel cheap. Give me a server browser so I can select based on ping and I might buy. As it is, it just seems like a random "fish in a barrel" simulator half the time.

No server browser? Not even a PING counter? How the fuck can they get away with this shit???!!! Fuck EA a million times. May they be impaled on a giant Reaper cock and suffer a million years. Needless to say, even after Slick's very slick and attractive few positive posts, Im not touching this with a 10 foot pole.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2015, 03:30 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 20:40:

good luck with all that, NASA trying to remain relevant while their funds are diverted to blowing up brown people in a far off desert.

This. Shame really. People used to look at America as a shining beacon of exceptionalism. The Space Program contributed in a big way to that image. Now when people look at the USA, all they see is an angry world policeman, trying to enforce, who the fuck even knows what anymore...some kind of justice that keeps blowing up in his face all the time.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 13, 2015, 03:22 InBlack

Tom wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 23:11:
And its use of typography is impressive.

The stormtroopers make great use of type when designing their logos?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

Clocks not Glocks....Rofl...

Funny and Smart!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:47:
He's 22. Time to man up!

I just don't have much sympathy. His actions could have gotten someone else injured or killed.

Yeah, wholeheartedly agree. This guy absolutely deserves his Year and a Day in Hell!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:22:
Note the comma there. He gets 366 days behind bars (yea!).

Do you think that's enough time in jail to graduate into a proper criminal?

Going from playing Xbox in your mom's basement to federal prison is going to be quite an eye opener for this 'boy'...

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
4. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

At this point I just don't care anymore. Would it be really cool if they released HL3? Sure. Why not? Like everyone else I'd like to finish the story, but it's been so long that my interest in the series has waned completely and Valve has obviously moved on to other projects & interests, I seriously doubt they could ever be able to do it justice anymore.

I think the Gabe and the other management 'types' know this full well. The expectations to deliver another masterpiece would be too great and they just don't want to go there to preserve their legacy of the perfect first person shooter(s).

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
126. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 09:26 InBlack

NasWulf wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:06:
Blue wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 08:35:
NasWulf wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 08:13:
I just hope blue stops with the click bait sensationalist re-posting of this crap and moves on. Chances are low as i'm sure this gets him good ad revenue.

If you deem "Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed" as clickbait then I can only assume you feel the only way to cover this game fairly is by ignoring it entirely.

Yes ... you know as well as I do that posting anything related to star citizen is going to create dissension within your forms which in turn creates ad revenue for the site. I have supported this site for years and enjoy it very much with it's quick fix for news from around the internet but everytime I see a star citizen News posting it makes me cringe at the vile nature of this community. I try to avoid the forms as much as possible but when it gets over 100 post, its hard not to glance at it and then it's hard not to get worked up at the cynicism and the jadedness of the community.

Oh look! Another year long, lurking, 'silent supporter'! We've had quite a few of those lately? Maybe I too should create a smurf nickname when I feel like taking a dump all over the Blues community...

124. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 09:18 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 07:52:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 06:44:
Any chance of a rundown/review of you Citizencon theyarecomingforyou?

Sure thing. Here's some pictures I took, including a couple of me with Chris Roberts. A friend took some pictures of me with Erin Roberts, Sandi Gardiner and Dave Haddock, which I hope to get soon.

Dude, we might not see eye to eye where Star Citizen is concerned but I gotta hand it to you... Those pants man! You need some serious stones to pull off a look like that. Kudos!

108. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 06:08 InBlack

Peeeling wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 04:38:
loomy wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 18:32:
Peeeling wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 17:43:
...You don't actually work in the industry, do you?

not like you do. tell us all about your experience working on GTA and elder scrolls. because that's what you're comparing star citizen to, right? the other big games you've worked on for 5-10 years?

Sadly, I never got the chance to work on either of those. The guy who sits behind me in the office did, though. Want me to run your "all comes together in the last month" idea past him?

Logic and common sense apparently have no use in a Star Citizen discussion. Please leave those at the door next time you enter. Thanks.

On a more serious note, I can't for the life of me understand how a lot of people aren't finding it very disturbing that after three years of development, all of these systems are now somehow "coming together". Maybe. Despite the fact that 99% of what was shown so far are Cryengine tech demos. Yeah we all know Cryengine does FPS pretty good. What about some space missions? You know fleet, battles, CAP missions, stuff like that. Im afraid that the only positive thing that will ever come of this project is a university course on the dangers of project creep, and maybe a behavioral study or two on the gullibility of the internet masses. *sigh*

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo