Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
47. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 15:12 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 14:47:
I can guarantee you if this happens publishers and the gaming public is going to bring a tidal wave of class action lawsuits against Microsoft. They can't lock people out of their own games on other platforms. They can't prevent people from modding games.

They would lose, because Microsoft has every right to control what runs on its OS, which is why such a scenario would never happen in the first place. If Microsoft decides to do this the worst case scenario is that they run the risk of alienating publishers and developers who could switch to developing for Mac primarily which has arguably been doing the walled garden thing since time immemorial, or even (gasp) Linux, but with a 90% install base I don't think Microsoft has much to fear on that front. Oh yes, they will grunt and make a fuss and some might even abandon the platform but in the end most (developers and publishers) will conform. I don't think we are there yet, the sky is NOT falling, the business gurus at MS won't let it. In a few years though? When the store matures, when Microsoft manages to woo enough publishers with exclusive deals? Who knows? It's not beyond the realms of possibility and it's not a secret exactly that Microsoft covets what Apple has.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 15:25.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 14:45 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 14:05:

Apple is used here as an example of a walled garden here. So all the games sold on that platform are in total control of Apple's whims? That is news to me.

Well, then you've been living under a rock, because actually yes. Yes they are. And not only are games affected by this, but every single iOS App there is. You can't even publish freeware for iOS without Apple's say so, not even a flimsy little patch.

20. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 11:51 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:56:
So what's the difference between Steam and this?

I mean, I get the annoyance at it being built into the OS, but then people discuss SteamOS, which seems the same, no?

Steam OS is open source based, it's basically Linux. That most games don't run natively on Linux is a whole other can of worms.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
15. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 16:04 InBlack

Can I join open multiplayer games and cross swords on people?

(I wonder how many will get the reference)

News Comments > More DirectX 12 Ports Planned
5. Re: More DirectX 12 Ports Planned Mar 3, 2016, 15:56 InBlack

I love how they throw numbers out there 20% faster, 50% better...when those numbers are fucking meaningless without any context....Am I going to see these improvements on my current games when I switch to Win10 and DX12?? Yeah. Sure. Aha. Rolleyes

Yeah DX12 adds some nice new effects for the games that are written from the ground up on the API. Just like with every other release so far. MS please don't insult our intelligence and spare us the bullshit mkay?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
36. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 3, 2016, 04:59 InBlack

Comet wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 17:58:
This is vaporware.
Game is going to fail.

Come on. The game has been in development since end of 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda

In 2014 they only had some concept footage to show. And now the game is being delayed to 2017. (5-6 years in development)

Come on people. It is obvious that they were too ambitious. Mass Effect Andromeda is rumored to allow planet exploration and traveling across the galaxy.

The game should be out by now

Hello resident Star Citizen shill. Here, have a cookie.

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
4. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 12:10 InBlack

SO anyone try it? Is it any good? Is the content there or should people wait a bit before buying in?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 1, 2016, 04:53 InBlack

Some of you people are off your rocker. You really think putting this kid on trial is going to prevent further mass school shootings??? Maybe you also believed that invading Iraq was a good idea, or that the three strike solution would bring crime rates down. Your country is systematically being turned into a police state, where fear rules supreme, and whats happening here is a symptom of the problem. Not the solution.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
8. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 15:20 InBlack

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 14:52:
Glad to see XCOM 2 hanging in there. I am still having a great time playing it. Fallout 4, not so much. Got bored quickly. Getting Dark Souls 3 on the PS4 and Steam. I've logged more hours in Souls games than any others. Close second would be XCOM games. Would not hesitate to buy the DLC for either series... especially at a GMG discount.

Yeah XCOM2 is pretty good, glad it's doing well. It actually got me to play Xenonauts again, which I got some time ago but couldn't stomach due to the art style. Now that I'm actually playing it Xenonauts is proving to be fantastic, and a much better game if you can get used to the 2d graphics.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2016, 12:05 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 11:57:

The start, bear scene and the ending of the movie do not make up for the 2 hours and 10 minutes of terrible filler they put in it.

I agree with the first part of your statement, but this last sentence of yours clearly shows that you missed the point of the film. Thats ok, it's not for everybody. It's basically a big budget art movie. I'm amazed that it got made at all. I enjoyed the picture, all of it, the terrible filler as you so put it was breathtaking to watch.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 27, 2016, 12:48 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 11:01:
I haven't used anything but AMD for the last 20 years. No way in hell I'm paying twice as much for similar performance.

Well this is blatantly false. Clock for Clock performance in most games is nearly double for Intel powered PCs compared to AMD powered ones. In the past twenty years I've owned both, so I know what Im talking about.

News Comments > WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? [Updated]
13. Re: WW1 Battlefield 5 in October? Feb 26, 2016, 13:11 InBlack

Soaking mud trenches, shell shock, dysentery & diarrhea! Yeah, bring on the fun!  

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
18. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 12:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 11:04:
Vall Forran wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 21:19:
Also love trolls like Cutter asking if X-Rebirth is fun yet. Like he'd ever play.

I will say they changed their paradigm so you can now radio in and communicate through a menu instead of having to land.

A bunch of other stuff to keep you on the ship. The thing that breaks it for me is there's no TrackIR support. I lose interest after a few minutes.

I was asking a question. You're obviously too fucking moronic to grasp even that much. Point fact I own all the X games except Rebirth, idiot.

I own Rebirth. I sure as fuck feel like an idiot for buying that POS.

News Comments > Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover
10. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 12:55 InBlack

Why would Vivendi even attempt this? Ubisoft is definitely NOT Blizzard. Oh well it's their loss (literally)...  

News Comments > DOOM Uncut for Germany
8. removed Feb 25, 2016, 03:34 InBlack

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 25, 2016, 07:19.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2016, 12:06 InBlack

Commander Keen?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2016, 12:17 InBlack

Leper wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 12:03:
I'd recommend computer glasses. I believe the main difference is that the focal point geared to about arm's length, so screen text is as clear as it's going to get. Throw in some anti-glare coating and you're good to go. My vision isn't terrible, but I used to get headaches when on the computer before I got computer glasses.

I'll go ahead and say that your headaches got better because you got good prescription glasses, and not because of the yellow tint. From personal experience all that the yellow tint is going to do for you is piss you off once it starts coming off, and believe me it will come off unless you are super careful with those glasses.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon
4. Re: Fallout 4 Mod Support in April; Survival Mode Beta Soon Feb 23, 2016, 12:11 InBlack

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:56:
Weíre doing things like you canít save, it only saves your game when you sleep. You canít fast travel. Thereíre all of these diseases. Weíre trying it all. Itís a different experience. Weíre not trying to make it a ton harder. Itís harder because youíre doing more things. We want the combat to feel different, as opposed to just being a bullet sponge.

Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty sweet. On the flipside, not being able to save anywhere in a Bethesda game, that can crash at any time... Gonna take some getting used to...

I don't know. I think this the replay value of this particular Bethesda game is particularly weak, it's almost an RPG lite, I say almost because it does give a pretty good illusion of a good RPG, but that illusion is busted as soon as you want to replay a particular quest another way. I don't think I will go back to Fallout4 any time soon.

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
61. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 22, 2016, 04:34 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:30:
McTurbo wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 17:13:
Some of you have forgotten or were not around when 3DFX launched.. an entire industry exists and todays console and pc market owes its current existance to one decision. .to launch the 3DFX card on the popularity of one game.. quake 1.. the jump from software to 3d graphics simply shocked people with how good it was.. so until we have all experianced an oculus or vive and seen VR for ourselves.. all you are doing is spouting your ignorance and claiming it as fact.

Precisely. What you're describing is a killer app. Sonic the Hedgehog was the killer app for Genesis. Halo for the Xbox. Myst for the CD-ROM. Final Fantasy 7 For the PlayStation. VR needs a killer app. At the moment NOTHING exists.

Have you played DCS? Or Projet Cars?

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
21. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 11:19 InBlack

Personally I find it very difficult to get excited about anything Bioware is planning these days, their last few games have been shall we say underwhelming to say the least.  

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo