Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:54 InBlack

Alamar wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:35:
InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:22:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:07:
Glad you're ok, Blue!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you that you had your first procedure?

You are not his telecom provider, you didn't make his OS. You are not Google, you are not the NSA, so you have no right to ask for that information! It's private!

Do those entities ask for that information?

Exactly! I guess the weird smiley face is not enough to indicate humor and/or sarcastic wit. Ill be sure to include the /joke next time /joke /sarcasm

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:22 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:07:
Glad you're ok, Blue!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you that you had your first procedure?

You are not his telecom provider, you didn't make his OS. You are not Google, you are not the NSA, so you have no right to ask for that information! It's private!

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
1. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 10:18 InBlack

Well this IP was rotting away at CCP so I guess this is good news. Maybe we get another Masquerade game again.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 29, 2015, 10:16 InBlack

And despite privacy safeguards, SAP is focused on selling its 365 product in North America and the Asia-Pacific region because it cannot get the data it needs from telcos representing consumers in the E.U., where data protections are stricter than in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Once the money starts rolling in though, how long before the E.U. succumbs to the wants and needs of our benevolent corporate overlords?

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
29. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 09:05 InBlack

Bub wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:46:
You have got to be kidding!

A walking and opening doors simulator!

What progress! What technological prowess!

I saw nothing you do not get now in Space Engineers.
A bunk, stairs, doors, walls, an airlock. Ho hum.

Seriously, at this point, I don't see how anyone even remotely familiar with this project isn't walking around with a permanently super glued facepalm.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 08:53 InBlack

Murder of Crows, heh, always loved that word used in this context.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 01:54:
How Dark Matter Killed the Dinosaurs.

Our proposal is that during the Sun’s passage through the midplane of the Milky Way—the stripe of stars and bright dust that you can observe in a clear night sky—the Solar System encountered a disk of dark matter that dislodged the distant object, thereby precipitating this cataclysmic impact—and possibly others on 30-35 million year intervals. We hypothesize that a less conventional type of dark matter collapsed into a dense disk (denser even than that of the Milky Way) and the disk’s gravitational influence diverts the trajectories of comets when the Solar System passes through.

There are still 1000s of NEOs out there that cross paths with Earth orbit. Every century or so, a large one strikes the earth, regardless if we're passing through a disk of dark matter or not. So maybe it was just a coincidence that 66M years ago, the earth happened to cross paths with a particularly large one that wiped out the dinosaurs. They didn't explain very well their rationale for why this disk exists and how it caused this catastrophe. I guess I'd have to read the whole book to understand their entire reasoning, but it just seems like given enough time odds were that a largish asteroid was going to strike the earth regardless of dark matter, and serendipitously that was 66M years ago.

There is a surprising regularity of large asteroids striking the earth every 30 million years or so. This is one theory of why that happens, and it sounds pretty far fetched. Another one popular in the Astronomy circles is related to the Sun's activity and it's relation to the Asteroid and the Kuiper belt.

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
20. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 29, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

I don't get all the hate for Doom, it's alpha, one level, one gameplay mode and not the full selection of weapons. The reason why they are doing the alpha is to get feedback on the important stuff, you know the stuff everyone is complaining about...*sigh*  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

Acleacius wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 21:55:
So, I'm guessing you made a hilariously funny joke and it went over my head. On the other hand, if you really believe I'm a SJW (stupid name, who ever came up with this must be a real hoot at parties) then you need to actually read the definition or you need to make up a new one. Giggle

I tried to make this argument ages ago, when the topic of Gamergate first appeared but no way could I make it stick. It's apparently become a derogatory 'title' and that's that.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
25. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 29, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

The first one was surprisingly good. It was all downhill from there...

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2015, 03:24.

News Comments > GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms
4. Re: GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms Oct 28, 2015, 12:20 InBlack

I see what you did there Blue  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 11:05 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:35:
The Supergirl numbers are depressing considering how terrible it was.

6.3 on IMDB. Yeah, based on those numbers alone I would skip it altogether. Then again The Walking Dead has 8.6 on IMDB and I had to force myself to finish the first season, man that show sucks.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2015, 10:50 InBlack

They are just getting ready for when NET neutrality is finally killed off completely, so unless you pay up, get ready for some throttling shenanigans! Disgusting if you ask me, and our grandchildren will never believe the stories we tell of our Internets of Yore...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
2. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 10:46 InBlack

More FPS footage showing absolutely nothing of the space sim game apart from a typical FPS level, oh and if explosion physics is the coolest news they can think of then:

http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg?fb

News Comments > Battleborn Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Battleborn Multiplayer Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 10:41 InBlack

Is this going to be Free to Play? If the answer is yes, then it's probably going to destroy Blizzard's Overwatch. MOBA + FPS = $$$.  

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
1. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 10:39 InBlack

I think Ill just wait for DOOM4. Thanks.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version
1. Re: Overwatch Beta Begins; No OS X Version Oct 28, 2015, 10:37 InBlack

Pretty tame specs, as was expected. Anyone from Blues in yet?  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2015, 10:35 InBlack

First Person MOBA? Was bound to happen sooner or later...  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
17. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 28, 2015, 07:18 InBlack

Bub wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 07:01:
Actually that was part of my point games like TF2 have pretty much saturated that market, the only people I see leaving TF2 for this new game are the 1% with the best rigs that can take advantage of all the new eye-candy. Also I don't expect TF2 to retaliate with newer more flashy version.

This is Blizzard we are talking about. I seriously doubt that the game will be very resource hungry. From what I've seen I think I'm going to like it, but I also liked TF2...

72. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2015, 04:40 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 04:26:

Hmm, maybe that's where Eve went wrong: she ate the apple when she was supposed to eat the snake!

Funny you should mention that, I watched a documentary yesterday about this one dude who wanted to find the land of Eden, not the mythological Garden of Creation, but the actual land on which the myth is based. Pretty good documentary on such a controversial subject, I was impressed by this real life Indiana Jones type of guy. An important part of the documentary is the parts that were mistranslated in the different Biblical translations. For example, the famous apple is never named as an actual apple in the earlier Old Hebrew editions. Merely as "forbidden fruit".

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 07:51.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo