Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
29. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

Screw the graphics, did any of you people 'watch' the actual videos? Did you listen to the dialogue? It's fucking cringeworthy, trying too hard to be darkly humorous and failing hard. The voice acting is...well shit. Not to mention the logical fallacies in the first 15 minutes of the game.

I love the part where the hero and his family arrive to the Vault and the soldier guys are turning away people and the hero says, "were on the list", and the soldier says: Yeah, male, female, infant...go in! Oh my god, what is that? Is that supposed to be funny? Cos its stupid is what it is, its not funny. /facepalm.

Awful, awful, awful. If the rest of the game is as terrible as the intro it's going to be godawful.

Disclaimer: Fallout2 had an awful first half-hour of the game. Those caves were terrible, but they had very little dialogue.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
31. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 3, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 13:51:
KS wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 13:47:
Where's the damned PvE game? "Going for PvP" means they've given up on investing time in PvE missions, easy to do once basic combat is established. Shove it out the door.

Did you not see all the SP stretch goals? Or are you just trolling?

I think he is alluding to the fact that RSI went full overblown retard with the money and the stretchgoals and changed its focus from Single Player to MultiFPSArenaMMOthingy....

It's a valid concern because so many companies go for the cash grab (Wargaming, Piranha, RSI etc.) instead of building the game people want, but this is Harebrained, they have done successful kickstarters before, have completed their games, and most importantly it's a turn based game, something that today's brotards have little interest in actually playing.

I have high hopes for this game.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 18:21:
"Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams."

Not holding my breath...

Well we all know that Lindelof is responsible for the major plot holes, and logical fallacies in the new movies so at least we can be thankful that he is not involved in this. This show needs to hit it out of the park. Casting is really going to be important. Im hopeful. I guess I should have expected the cynicism but holy fuck, not one even one other hopeful? It's fucking STAR TREK!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 3, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Flatline wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 19:54:
I was really excited and really playing with the idea of getting a dev kit for Occulus Rift but holy fuckballs this is a long-ass drawn out POS dev cycle.

I have lost all interest in it. In the 3 years I've been waiting for it to come out I've moved on to other stuff.

Boohoo, three years waiting, for this long-ass drawn out POS dev cycle....boohooo!

Your tears or frustration are sweet joy to my tongue. Seriously three years for a hardware solution that's practically never been done in this format before? Vacuum cleaners take longer to develop than that. Starcitizen will take 10-15 longer to develop than that. Par for the course for the entitled generation, I guess sheesh....

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
39. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 09:11 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 07:52:
Just saying if you wanted, you could have nearly every game on steam

Agreed. Steam is very convenient. With that said, today I go where the better deals are. Most of the time, that's not on Steam. Im not staying away for any particular reason, it's just the last time I reformated my PC (About a year or so ago) I simply didn't have a need to install it since I was busy with other games that don't require it or aren't available on it. When another great game comes along that requires it, or I feel the urge to play something out of my Steam catalogue, Im sure Ill be back. In fact I really should check out that Total War Arena....

32. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 06:38 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 06:24:
The joke being that DCS is (also) on Steam

Then the joke is on you my friend. I buy DCS modules directly from their Eagle Dynamics website. They are cheaper (in USD compared to EUR) and I'm supporting the developers directly, since Steam doesn't get its 30% cut.

One other benefit is that the stand-alone versions come out much sooner and the beta versions are more up to date than any of the Steam versions.

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
33. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Nov 2, 2015, 06:04 InBlack

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 14:34:
InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 09:11:
Peeeling wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 08:48:
Task wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:39:
Its an Alpha, maybe, just maybe some of you probably aren't ready for the open development model.

I beg to differ. This isn't a case of consumers witnessing an unfamiliar and inherently unpleasant process proceeding normally, like giving birth or making sausages. They are witnessing something being done in an inefficient, bad way.

Except what they are showing is hardly open development. Its marketing, virtually nothing is actually shown of any real progress but progress is meant to be 'inferred'. The progress reports we do get are so unabashedly positive, despite lacking in any real information, to be hardly worth the pixels they are made of. It's disgusting.

So open for you is livestreaming the coding and bug fixing ? ...
As a Programmer i prefer watching paint dry

As a programmer you should understand the difference between actual programming and progress reports.

30. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 05:35 InBlack

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 04:11:
InBlack wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 02:24:
Well Im not one of those numbers. I was all set to re-install Steam over the weekend and try Total War Arena, but I got an urge to fly instead and spent most of my PC time with DCS.

"Re-install" Steam? How do you not keep it installed when 90% of modern games require Steam? Unless you skip AAA releases entirely.

Well the last AAA game I bought was the Witcher 3, and I got that on GOG. Not playing anything currently I own on Steam, and yeah you are right the last few AAA releases were not really interesting or good enough to intrigue me at all. Perhaps Ill be back for Fallout4 if it turns out to be more along the lines of New Vegas.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2015, 02:40 InBlack

Gunnar-Mon...rofl!  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 2, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

and the vending machines which really brings things to life

Prominent among the new and shiny things in Star Citizen. Once again, no news about SQ42.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
12. Re: Sunday Screenshots Nov 2, 2015, 02:29 InBlack

Carne de Mutaracha

Ive decided to wait and see with this, but now that I've seen the spanish edition Im tempted to buy it for the translation lulz alone...

27. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

Well Im not one of those numbers. I was all set to re-install Steam over the weekend and try Total War Arena, but I got an urge to fly instead and spent most of my PC time with DCS.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 10:45 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:14:
InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:13:
Youtube has started to embed ads in its videos now. I don't think adblock can get around those, can it?

Send me a link (example) - I watched a bunch of stuff last night and saw no ads.

You've got Adblock right? That probably only means that adblock is doing what I'm thinking it can't. I probably need to install adblock on my home PC, but Im so careful about where I surf and want to support the sites I do visit that I can't really be bothered.

I was listening to a best of RATM album on youtube yesterday, and every two or three songs a video would come up with an ad (in my own language no less, it's taylored to IP) which would be skippable after 7 seconds.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 10:13 InBlack

Youtube has started to embed ads in its videos now. I don't think adblock can get around those, can it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Gary Oldman, Star Citizen. Oct 30, 2015, 10:07 InBlack

Im at work now, and can't stop laughing at that Virtual Gary Oldman gallery, holy shit....people at work are looking at me very strangely....Hahahhaha  

News Comments > Total War ARENA in NA Next Month
1. Re: Total War ARENA in NA Next Month Oct 30, 2015, 10:02 InBlack

Where did this come from? I had no idea this was even in the works. What? Game is already on in Europe? Need to take a look at this...  

News Comments > Starsiege and TRIBES Free Games
4. Re: All Starsiege and TRIBES Games Free Oct 30, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 09:44:
Wow, how fucking cool is that?

Very. Now if I only could be bothered to install and play some. These games were awesome for their time, but I'm almost an old man now and these games have aged even more than I have

27. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 09:11 InBlack

Peeeling wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 08:48:
Task wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:39:
Its an Alpha, maybe, just maybe some of you probably aren't ready for the open development model.

I beg to differ. This isn't a case of consumers witnessing an unfamiliar and inherently unpleasant process proceeding normally, like giving birth or making sausages. They are witnessing something being done in an inefficient, bad way.

Except what they are showing is hardly open development. Its marketing, virtually nothing is actually shown of any real progress but progress is meant to be 'inferred'. The progress reports we do get are so unabashedly positive, despite lacking in any real information, to be hardly worth the pixels they are made of. It's disgusting.

21. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 04:46 InBlack

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:56:
Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 20:31:
I love how all these announcements are just so much incremental bullshit with absolutely nothing of substance being delivered. Classic long con. 'Oh yeah, everything's great! Could not be better! Say while we're talking here, we have some items that have come up for sale you may be interested in.'

"incremental bullshit". You're firmly in the clown car now.

How else would you call that news from the other day where they showed off a whole new fantastic 15 meter section of a FPS level (complete with doors that open and close), and the absolutely extremely important and critical gameplay element of the ships actually being able to explode into chunks now? Oh and this latest little news tidbit? They are getting set, to introduce the new flight models, notice they haven't introduced them yet, but they are preparing to. Any day now...

20. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 30, 2015, 04:43 InBlack

Tom wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 18:55:
It's a fucking space sim, shouldn't the flight model be one of the first things you get done?!?
Well, Elite: Dangerous went that route and look how that turned out. The flight model is critical to a space sim but so are a bunch of other things.

Wait, what?

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo