Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

descender wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:13:
You all know that dicksmarts probably submits this stuff himself.

Blue, it's time to stop giving this lying asshole a soapbox.

As oposed to the lying asshole Chris Roberts? How bout we put those two lying assholes in a ring and see who is the better and more powerful liar. The biggest nose wins.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
48. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

Drayth wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 00:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 23:58:
I think Hines has been on the record in the last 18 months stating they were staying with this engine for as far as they plan out.

Noted.

Yep, for stupidity.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 5, 2015, 03:16 InBlack

Enkur wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:37:
Why is it that every game needs a specific driver. What is happening in the driver to help that particular game that doesnt help other games. I mean I think thats a bad driver to begin with. Also these developers must have access to drivers earlier to optimize their game , so why are they getting released only when the game comes out.

Nothing. Nada. It's smoke and mirrors. The improvements are all in our heads. Most of the Nvidia drivers I have downloaded in the past few months have downgraded my performance, the last good ones I believe came two driver upgrades ago, so I kept those. (970GTX here)

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
11. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 11:16 InBlack

Necrophob wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 10:43:
InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:58:
I'd say they had a pretty good run. Pretty good, what the fuck am I saying? They had the best damn run anyone could ever Imagine. Even though IMO WOW is Blizzard's worst game to date. Still to those naysayers who think the downfall of WoW is equal to the downfall of Blizzard, well they have proven you wrong before. They will do so again.

I would have agreed with you, before Blizz was sucked into the Borg collective (Activision). They were a once great company that used to actually make games. I'm not sure how they could have butchered Diablo like they did.

Yeah Diablo was a pretty huge fail. From a gaming and artistic perspective. It was still damn successful though.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
7. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

I'd say they had a pretty good run. Pretty good, what the fuck am I saying? They had the best damn run anyone could ever Imagine. Even though IMO WOW is Blizzard's worst game to date. Still to those naysayers who think the downfall of WoW is equal to the downfall of Blizzard, well they have proven you wrong before. They will do so again.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 4, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

The records that the NSA blandly rendered as mere “data” and invisibly, silently collected—the phone logs, e&#8209;mails, browsing histories, and digital photo libraries generated by a population engaged in the treasonous business of daily life

Oh man...great stuff. Good article that, in the Atlantic.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Im gonna wait for the entire season to air, then watch it at my leisure. Half an hour long and a whole week to wait between episodes...that's just cruel man. Cruel!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 4, 2015, 09:19 InBlack

While your comment is technically true, I fail to see what it has to do with the thread or the topic at hand. Apart from descender (rather defensively), and (obviously) Julio on the other part of the spectrum no one else mentioned spyware in this thread.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2015, 03:30 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 16:05:
NASA has trialled an engine that would take us to Mars in 10 weeks.

The engine is controversial because it seems to violate one of the fundamental concepts of physics - the conservation of momentum, which states that for something to be propelled forward, it needs some kind of propellant to be pushed out in the opposite direction. But the EM Drive doesn't require any propellant in order to create thrust, it simply relies on electromagnetic waves.

I guess we'll find out one way or the other, but I'm getting visions of cold fusion in my head.

The EM drive is getting traction. (Pun, totally intended)

Don't worry about it jdreyer, its not breaking any real physical laws. You still need to pump energy in. Lots of it. It's just that Newton's law of conservation of momentum appears to be bucking, and appearances can be deceiving. But Newton's law is pretty old, very classical, and definitely doesn't take into account a myriad of quantum effects. Three seperate labs have confirmed the drive works now. NASA's lab, that University in Germany, and the Chinese (whom no one believes, fucking racists). After NASA completes this study others will jump on the bandwagon.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 4, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

Kabuto wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:23:
Pretty lame to lure people over to Onedrive/Office 365 with "unlimited" cloud storage only to renege and drop it back to the original 1TB after less than a year.

Isn't that called false advertising? Isn't that also against the law in most countries in the world? Thats not lame, thats illegal.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
36. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 4, 2015, 03:13 InBlack

I pretend Fallout3 doesn't exist. Its Fallout2 then New Vegas. Then....whatever captures the atmosphere and isn't stupid beyond compare. In F4 they even mention Mutants BEFORE the catastrophe in the initial parts of the game. Developers who work on a game which they cant seem to 'get' usually make these kinds of mistakes. Bethesda, why couldn't you have just licensed this off to someone who actually gives a shit and knows their Fallout?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Nov 4, 2015, 03:06 InBlack

Well that was....rather crap.  

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
31. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 4, 2015, 03:04 InBlack

Why are you people even engaging Slick. Everyone knows that he shills for EA like he was on their fucking payroll. The sad thing is: He isn't.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 4, 2015, 02:47 InBlack

Task wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:02:
LoL, I doubt they will allow that. You could always load up skunkwerks or megamek's mech creator to do that.

Why would they not allow that? Are they going to be limiting customization?

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Gotta love the X, Y, A, B controller choices for dialogue for what appear to be PC screenshots. Because. All human verbal interaction can be resolved with four choices. Love it, LOOOVE IT MAN!  

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
1. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 09:49 InBlack

All hail the new Kings of Casual!

All Hail Diablo Poop Crush!
All Hail Heroes of Warcraft Sugar Candy Mountain!
All Hail Heart of Stone Mega Kerrigan Crush Saga!
All Hail! Hail! Hail!

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans
14. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans Nov 3, 2015, 07:45 InBlack

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 23:01:
Look, I know we here are more game-smart, more in touch with the real gaming world, we're elitists.. we all pretty much know better. I get it, we're smarter gamers. With that being said, I HAVE to support this game because of what they are trying to do, how they are going to try to support the PC platform. Will it work, who knows, but I love the attempt. Sure we've been burned before, I get it..

But I am going to give them a try.

How bout you wait for them to deliver on those promises before ponying up the cash? It's not like the best sold franchise in the world really needs your support....

"Sometimes features slip or drop off altogether"

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
47. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 3, 2015, 04:16 InBlack

Razumen wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:40:
Of course it is. Valve is monitoring logins, play times, activity, whether you fart a lot, everything...

Or how do you think they are coming up with the "your queue" recommendations and so on?

Of course it's based on your activity on Steam, what games you have purchased in the past, your wishlist, your social activities (which groups do you belong to, which curators are you following) and so on and so on...

It is incredible how insensitive many people have become to the fact that they are sharing a lot of personal data and information with services like Steam.
The real "1984" big bro thing is only a few years away if this trend continues where people just don't give a damn about who they are allowing to spy on them (with Win 10 being another very significant step in that exact direction).

LOL, nothing you mentioned is personal information, nice try though (not really).

So what do you consider personal information? Your name? Phone number? Address? Email perhaps? IP address? Dog's name? Favorite movie? Favorite meals? Sexual preference? Weird psychological quirks or faults? Obsessions? Social status? Income? Marital status? Online posts and opinions? Hobbies & Favorite past-times? etc. etc. etc.

I'm not saying Valve is collecting any of that, they are probably interested in a fraction of that, namely your activities on Steam, but if you don't believe that others are collecting the information listed above or that this information is somehow totally not personal, then you are very naive indeed.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
13. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 3, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 10:39:
PacoTaco wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 09:38:
Really looks exciting now that CCP killed off Eve Online this is the only hope, can you play it yet?

When did CCP kill Eve Online??

Maybe he is from the future? EvE will be dead, and Star Citizen will still not be released

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
30. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 03:06 InBlack

Task wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 18:54:
Quest to get Power Armor is no longer a drawn out "thinky use your brain" quest. It literally takes place in the first hour of gameplay to go on a Power Trip.

So...you get the armor in the first hour of the game and then what? Spend the rest of the game upgrading it? Cos fuck that shit. That's not item progression, thats LAZY GAME DESIGN. *sigh* I hope you are wrong about this...

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo