Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2015, 09:38 InBlack

Thanks for that piece Polygon. I really enjoy having salt rubbed into an open wound. About as much as I enjoy getting kicked into the groin.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 08:09 InBlack

The more Im playing Fallout4 the more Im hating it. If you liked Minecraft though, and enjoy collecting virtual junk, and virtual dolls, and don't mind the mind-numbingly horrible combat, you will love this game. Or something.

My 2 hours impression of the game was about 7/10. After playing for another 3 hours, its down to 6/10. Its just not fun. The exploration seems cool at first, but all the buildings are the same fucking drab shit from the inside. The combat was cool at first, until you figure out that none of the weapons have classes and you cant figure out what class your weapon of choice is to improve it. For example, sawed of shotgun. What is that? A rifle? A heavy gun? What? The game doesn't say so and fuck you very much. Right now I can only spray and pray with my guy, cos melee is gimped beyond belief unless you are in tight corridors and the accurate guns are not really accurate. So pick the gun that sprays the most and has the most bullets. Most of the fights are setup so that there are turrets everywhere and guys will snipe you from rooftops, walkways, basically everywhere so fuck you STR focused characters. Fuck you CHA focused characters cos that does shit too.

Weapons are a mess, all the guns do horrible damage and are piss poor accurate unless you happen to invest in exactly the right perks. Which the game doesn't tell you what they are. Did I mention that before? I guess I did. Well it's worth another mention or three. Grenades usually kill me when I throw them cos there are invisible walls everywhere. VATS is only useful if you have a precise and long ranged stand off weapon, for everything else it is pathetic. Armor is a mess. So many pieces of apparel that do shit all, unless you find a armor bench and then somehow luck out into making some of it better, or something. The powered suit is nice and everything, if you like running into bullets and slow punching guys in the face. I actually do better without it, even in melee, more damage, faster hitting, faster running, everything.

Oh and you can't place markers on the map. WHAT. THE. FUCK?!. Found a cool armor bench, and want to mark it for fast travel later? Fuck you! Can't do that. It doesn't help that the map corresponds maybe 5% to the actual layout of the buildings, they didn't even bother to line up the main roads in the towns. This last part is insulting, in a fucking exploration game. Fuck me am I angry for buying this shit. Serves me right for ignoring my gut.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2015, 08:26.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2015, 07:50 InBlack

Ridley has completely and totally sold out. He doesn't simply give a shit anymore. He used to create Art. Now he does it for the paycheck. When I say now, I mean the last twenty years or so. I haven't seen the Martian, and apparently it's quite a faithful adaptation which means that he can still pull it off, when there is good 'writing' involved or a decent script. Not only is this title change scummy, apparently the studios pushed back or even outright cancelled Bloomkamp's Alien sequel so it doesn't cannibalize ticket sales for this POS.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2015, 07:45 InBlack

Bub wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 06:50:

CR - is anyone left who takes him seriously?

Other than a dwindling number of fanboys and whales?

Even the Star Citizen threads like this one have dwindled to nothing, that is how much people still care about this 'game'.

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
13. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 03:45 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 21:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:21:
Sides shouldn't Bethseda be calling Obsidian for another Fallout game?

Why the hell would Bethesda give their precious Fallout franchise to a bunch of ungrateful amateurs who will rip the money out of their hands but then only complain that Bethesda treated them like slaves afterwards?

Puuuuuhhhhlease. Get real.

Bethesda made that mistake once. They won't make it again (hopefully... ya hear that, Bethesda? No matter how tempting financially, show some integrity and do not give those fuckers who shat all over you any business again, mkay? ).

What the fuck are you smoking dude? Obsidian makes killer RPGs. Fallout4 is nice and everything but it's nowhere near as good as F:NV was.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
122. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 14, 2015, 16:04 InBlack

Well bit the bullet the other day based and managed to spend about two hours playing it. Working a book fair this past week so Ill only get a proper chance to delve in next week. Here is my little review. So far so average. That's about it.

Things I like:

Run and gun is a thing now. After editing the FOV and getting rid of the horrible mouse acceleration you can play the game that way and it is quite decent.
VATS also feels better somehow compared to the previous versions.
The simplification of the perks tree actually works in the games favor.
The world looks cool, not Witcher3 awesome cool, but much better than F3 and NV.
The power armor is almost godly and I have to figure out how to do proper melee in it as a mostly melee and heavy weapons oriented bruiser but I like that you can't really use it forever now.
Runs great (once I managed to get it to run)

Things I dislike:

Had to google how to get it to even run. For some reason only runs in borderless window.
Terrible writing. Seriously Bethesda, try harder you fail at this at this shit every time. I hope this gets better as I play more and meet some grey/nasty characters.
Bland atmosphere, and some gimmicky gameplay.
Terrible dialogue choices that are almost always the same 4 shitty replies and that so far affect all conversations the same way. As bad as Mass Effect.
Laser musket. Seriously, wtf? Does every game have to have steampunk influence now? I blame Bioshock for this shit.

All in all so far I would rate it 7/10. Better than F3, worse than F:NV.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 15:35 InBlack

I think most of you are over-reacting. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this shit for the obvious reasons, but remember this shit works both ways. The corps and the power elite will be on the cloud same as all the regular Joes, if anything because of the their status they will be under more scrutiny and more vulnerable to hackers and whistle-blowers than ever. Secrets are getting harder to keep, not easier.  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
28. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 16:14 InBlack

Wow. A chance to experience System Shock in all its old-school gameplay glory but with updated Graphics? Im in.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
39. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 11:04 InBlack

Verno wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:38:
Really enjoying the game so far, no negatives to speak of and I haven't run into any bugs yet. The main quest has been decent so far, definitely a step up from FO3. Love the new combat/VATS system and the voiced dialogue is surprisingly immersive. I don't find the dialogue options very limiting but I'm not far in yet.

Took 30 seconds to edit a few ini files and was off to the races.

What did you edit for? FOV?

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
81. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 07:13 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 02:10:
heroin wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 01:39:
Lol, I agree 100% with what Shihonage is saying.

I completely disagree with those who keep tooting "times change" bullshit.

The original Fallout 1 & 2 are still motherfucking edgy, still innovative.

I remember when I was a kid and I only played the newest games or listened to the newest music, watched the newest movies. Over time, like Shihonage is saying most people develop some motherfucking taste. Doom metal would never have existed without a little band from 1966 called International Harvester, modern rock wouldn't have happened without the Velvet Underground being influenced by a minimalist piano player La Monte Young in the mid 1960's, Nirvana would never have happened if Lee Ranaldo & Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth had not played in the Glenn Branca Ensemble in the early 1980's, Radiohead would never have come up with Kid A without Can "Future Days" 1972. All that old shit was way before my time but it's way better, way more innovative than the shit that came afterwards, the shit it influenced. The same goes for film, Criterion collection shitting all over your art brains - let's see Bethesda shit take on David Lynch film, milk it Bethesda, milk that cow!! Let's see how shitty it is, but oh it's so weird and vast, they spent 100 mil on it, it must be good! Now everything is McMarvelled out the ass like a super hero happy meal shit storm of added food coloring multicolored diarrhea culture shit fuck, Bush 9/11.

Fallout 1 & 2 were that good, they stand the test of motherfucking time.

You know when people smoke pot and think they are making some genius argument but really they just sound ridiculous? ^

You know when people resort to baseless ad-hominem attacks just to appear "cool" and "snarky" but instead end up looking like total idiots?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
22. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 05:20 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 22:05:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 20:34:
Is it any good?

Yes it is. Is it great? Yes. Is it amazing? No. "Very Positive" is an appropriate rating. If you liked Fallout 3 or New Vegas you'll like this iteration.

What if I hated Fallout3 and loved New Vegas? (Im still very much on the fence about this title)

45. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 15:18 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 15:11:
heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:56:
Man, you fanboyin'. I like this new one and I liked Fallout 3 too - but this shit lost it's political/literary/cultural relevance once Bethesda took the reigns. That is to say it lost it's cool, it lost it's HUGE FUCKING BALLS. And the Universe has been shedding tears of crystal fire since Black Isle disbanded.

Dude, talk about "literary" and "cultural" relevance.... the school is this way. Please go back and let them teach you the difference between "it's" and "its" before playing any more video games and attributing a ridiculous literary and cultural ("political" is the pinnacle of lol-worthy anyway) relevance to them.

Thank you from someone who is concerned about your literary and cultural state of mind.

Now you are trolling instead of just, trolling.

42. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 14:28 InBlack

heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 13:56:
Man, you fanboyin'. I like this new one and I liked Fallout 3 too - but this shit lost it's political/literary/cultural relevance once Bethesda took the reigns. That is to say it lost it's cool, it lost it's HUGE FUCKING BALLS. And the Universe has been shedding tears of crystal fire since Black Isle disbanded.

QFT

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews - Whale Teasers Nov 8, 2015, 12:51 InBlack

Sgt. Rock wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 07:47:
Bub wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 06:54:

Ah, the breathlessly woven tapestry of golden promises meant to keep the Whales salivating for more ship jpegs to buy.

You mean whales like this?
http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/

Jesus.

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
4. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 16:08 InBlack

MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 12:56:
I'll be surprised if this game does all that well overall.

Why exactly? Does Blizzard's past record have anything to do with it?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
64. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 6, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:34:

I played Fallout 3 once through and never played New Vegas because I found Fallout 3 kinda lacking.

Dude. You are missing out. Seriously. New Vegas is nothing like Fallout3. It's literally the sequel to Fallout2 that Fallout3 should have been. Buy it cheap, play it. You won't regret it.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
26. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 6, 2015, 02:12 InBlack

Well this is interesting. I guess everyone assumed Overwatch would be F2P because Blizzard's last two games were F2P and they are wildly successful. Also there is a kind of Team Fortressy feel to the game, and that game went F2P ages ago. I'm definitely not going to be paying full price for this.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
15. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 13:04 InBlack

Waiting for the verdict of Blues regulars before deciding whether to dive in.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 5, 2015, 03:40 InBlack

Obvious troll being obvious.  

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
20. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 5, 2015, 03:35 InBlack

SirKnight wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:51:
For me Diablo 3 was just ok. Diablo 2 is where it's at.

It would be great if they would update Diablo 1 too. Last I tried to play it (which was on Win7) it didn't run very well.

Diablo 2: LOD HD edition? Fuck yeah, I would pay for that. Again.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo