Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
9. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 30, 2015, 02:35 InBlack

It's an alpha for fuck's sake. If you didn't like it for whatever reason, go to id's forums and give em some feedback along those lines. I'm not really interested in the multiplayer, since my twitch shooter days are kind of past me, but the single player portion they showed had some promise.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
4. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 27, 2015, 16:27 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:00:
Win 7 freefalling... From 65% market all the way down to 64.2%. Oh noes.

Huge sharp drop that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 11:07 InBlack

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 10:05:
InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 05:42:
I just finished reading the fifth book the series is based on. One of the best space operas I've read in the last decade. Great, great series. Highly recommended for you SciFi bookworms out there....
Hmmm, I'm always looking for good SciFi. Someone on this forum put me onto the Commonweatlh series by Peter Hamilton which I enjoyed. On the wiki page I see five finished books and another due in 2016, is there an end in sight? I prefer to wait until the series is finished before starting. Hence why I refuse to start on the A Song of Ice and Fire, by Martin. Not Sci-Fi, but the same rule applies.

Personally, I highly recommend Iain M. Bank's culture novels. To date the fictional universe I most wish I lived in.

Yep the Culture series rules. The Expanse books are meant to be read in order but it's not a slow developing series like Hamilton's Commonwealth, there is an underlying plot that weaves throughout but generally speaking the books are episodic and the stories can be enjoyed on their own, like for example Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga. Only the last book so far (book 5) sort of ends on a cliffhanger. Im even more picky when it comes to literature then I am with games, so start reading now, you wont regret it

P.S.
Im not surprised they turned this into a series, there are a lot of recurring characters and they are all very well done. Their relationships and development are as important as the story, and closely tie in to the stories and after a while you think of them as friends, even though they are fictional they are that well developed.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 11:15.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2015, 05:42 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 04:10:
Jamil20 wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 14:56:
The Expanse looks interesting.

Full episode on youtube:
https://youtu.be/FvZeQD1Vf2s

Yeah, that was cool. Nice world building: BSG grittiness meets Firefly multiculturality. And a nice story hook to keep you coming back. Definitely want to be watching more of that.

I just finished reading the fifth book the series is based on. One of the best space operas I've read in the last decade. Great, great series. Highly recommended for you SciFi bookworms out there....

Hey, what's Putin having for Christmas?

Turkey..Ha!..(Too soon?)

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
40. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 04:19 InBlack

heroin wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 14:03:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:31:
Satellite Reign has been on my wishlist for a while and is currently on sale for $18. It just received a major patch too, so I picked it up and played it for a few hours last night.

So far seems pretty cool and well worth the buy.

I got a refund on that game after it launched, I wouldn't even buy that game for $5.00. It's completely soulless & bland. The drone camera was cool, the graphics were good but that was about it. There's definitely potential there to be something worth $30-40 but it needs about another 2-3 years of putting cool, interesting shit in it. Otherwise, it's absolutely mind-numbingly boring.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Very let down by that game.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
21. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 04:15 InBlack

Zoom wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 03:44:
If you want a 'modern' remake of SS2 that's pretty much Dead Space. The scenario and ending of SS2 are quite grim compared to DS though, but DS adds more personality to the main protagonist.

Apart from the similar setting, Dead Space is nothing like SS2.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
13. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2015, 03:51 InBlack

And when the police ‘‘respond high,’’ residents can become disoriented. Maybe they assume they are being robbed. Maybe they pick up a gun. In 2011, a former Marine and Iraq war veteran named Jose Guerena was awakened by his wife, who thought she saw intruders outside their home in Arizona. Guerena picked up his AR-15 rifle, with the safety on, to protect his wife and family. SWAT officers entered the house, saw the gun and shot Guerena dozens of times, killing him.

SWAT teams should not be first responders. Period. End of story. Everything else is just overkill that can end very badly. Not to mention that it's easy to abuse as a way to get into someone's place of residence without a warrant. Hey, can't get a warrant? Make an anonymous phone call, presto, 20 police officers armed to the teeth on site! Fuck warrants, who needs em right?

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 04:02.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
18. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 03:41 InBlack

Looking great. Good to see that they are sticking very close to both the visual look of the game, the level design and the atomsphere. The UI really needed a huge upgrade, and it's good to see they didn't keep the clunky original one. It's been so long since Ive played SS1 that I've completely forgotten the plot of the game. It will be fun to get into it again.  

29. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

SlimRam wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 09:13:
InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 02:11:
Xero wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:32:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

EA would have to pay me to install and play Dragon Age Inquisition.

Is the game supposed to be bad? I honestly haven't read anything about it but I figured I might pick it up at some point.

It all depends. As you can see a lot of people here enjoyed DA:I. I for one took a few looks at some let's play videos and quickly decided the game was not for me. I am not a fan of MMO style gameplay in a single player game. The UI and tactical (pause?) interface looked like a nightmare too. I am however getting very picky and choosy with my games because I have so little time to play them lately, and this is doubly true for RPGs.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 26, 2015, 02:14 InBlack

That's no excuse. Being a dick online isn't exactly new or rare on the internet. That Suomi hacker needs to get his head examined. Psycho...  

19. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

Xero wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:32:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

EA would have to pay me to install and play Dragon Age Inquisition.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2015, 09:35 InBlack

Im lvl 20 now and looking for a way into the institute. The only outcome of any dialogue Ive seen so far is to either accept a quest or refuse it. Oh I met two guys where one guy looked like the other guy and both were accusing the other of being a synth. When I tried to reason with them they told me to fuck off, then I killed them both. They both bled blood, and neither appeared to be a synth. This is lazy quest design even by Bethesda standards. I still manage to have fun in the game, but I don't think of it as role playing game at all. It's a free form action adventure, with role-playing elements. In other words the cake is a lie.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

harlock wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 09:06:
InBlack wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 02:17:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 21:41:
I'll eventually buy this game when the price comes down and there's more stuff. BTW check out this mod. I don't know about you but the screenshots don't even look like a video game. Looks like a LARP session.

Wow that indeed looks impressive. Any videos of it in action around? Im guessing not really at this point?

its fake dude

Which is why I wanted to see it in action. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2015, 06:48 InBlack

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:32:
next Fallout will feature Shoes, Shirts, pants, socks, hats, bags... ohh wait that's now.

I enjoy a bit of gamer "swag" but geez.

It would make more sense if the nice clothes added charisma and skill (trait?) bonuses that would help you make it through the game by avoiding combat entirely. Right now its all a little bit pointless.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
24. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 25, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 22:03:
InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 09:46:
Has anyone figured out how to get the game to work in Fullscreen mode and not Borderless window yet? I can run the game fine in bordeless window, but I feel that (Nvidia GTX970 user here) the game doesn't do Vsync correctly, and I noticed some weird graphical anomalies and some performance issues too.

Dunno if this'll fix things, but if you edit your Fallout4Prefs.ini (with a text editor) in C:\Users\%YourProfileName\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 there are two entries:

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=1

Both were set to "1" by default for me and setting bBorderless=0 didn't mess up anything in-game so far.

Tried that. And a whole lot of other combinations. Nothing worked other than bFull Screen=0, and BBorderless=1.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2015, 02:40.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 02:17 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 21:41:
I'll eventually buy this game when the price comes down and there's more stuff. BTW check out this mod. I don't know about you but the screenshots don't even look like a video game. Looks like a LARP session.

Wow that indeed looks impressive. Any videos of it in action around? Im guessing not really at this point?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

I have one at home too, those things are indeed awesome beyond all belief.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
2. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Has anyone figured out how to get the game to work in Fullscreen mode and not Borderless window yet? I can run the game fine in bordeless window, but I feel that (Nvidia GTX970 user here) the game doesn't do Vsync correctly, and I noticed some weird graphical anomalies and some performance issues too.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 24, 2015, 09:37 InBlack

Next time you don't want to call someone a liar, don't include this in your post:

Kajetan wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 08:03:

There is no truth in many of your postings.

As for being bitter, maybe you mean that Im not a typical gamer sycophant, pre-ordering the latest EA or Activision regurgitated bullshit, and perpetuating the digital waste that has permeated our hobby. You will find that I give praise where praise is due (for e.g. Witcher3) and am excited about certain projects (for e.g. the new Doom, and DCS World 2.0, Mech-commander, XCOM2 etc.) and not bitter at all when it comes to developers showing some great initiative and promise.
I do however have a particular pet peeve with Chris Roberts, and his Long Con, since space sims are one of my favorite genres in gaming, and what he is doing is just wrong on so many levels....

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 24, 2015, 08:38 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 08:03:
InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 07:07:
The truth is painful isn't it?
There is no truth in many of your postings. Only bile and bitterness.

So what if Im bitter? Im entitled to an opinion right? Also please point me to the untruthful posts as I dislike being called a liar, even online. After a quick check of your own post history, you seem to take a lot of pleasure in attacking Blues posters that have a negative opinion on anything really, and don't hesitate to shit down on the entire Blue community anytime you feel like it. Wonderfull stuff really here are some choice morsels:

Kajetan wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 07:37:
Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:21:
Have YOU played the game? Or do you just open up and swallow WorthABuy's shit?
Uhhhh, somebody doesnt like a game i like. Hurrdurr, bwaaaa!

Kajetan wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 18:07:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 17:09:
What is the point of bringing a 12 year old game to steam? Did not even like the game when it came out and if you want strategy there are far better offerings out there these days.
It's hard to accept, but yes, you are NOT the center of the universe.

Kajetan wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:42:
nin wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:38:
Because that guy sucks.
If you say so ...

Kajetan wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 05:17:
Sometimes i wonder ... what do people on BluesNews NOT hate? Not that i have a special love for Kotaku, but blacklisting a media outlet is NOT a good thing. There is nothing to cheer about.

Thats just on the first page....but hey whatever makes you happy right?

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo