Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm XP Boost; Referral Program Dec 9, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 22:28:
It's actually an attempt to draw old players back in via smurfing... which is going to make first play experience (And the entire atrocity of MM) for real newbs a nightmare.

Aside that, hero gating is gone, good.. 5 months to late though!

A friend of mine told me that the game is not even in the top 20 twitch streamed games, it used to be in the top three. Blizzard seriously messed up somewhere. I quit around the time they released that Elf Hunter hero, or shortly afterwards. They had a great chance to wipe the slate clean with their MM and their Hero League ladder reset, but they fucked it up real bad.

Something was off about this game, even though mechanically it was pretty flawless. Blizzard seriously under-estimates their players and doesn't give them enough credit. Limiting group sizes, making it really easy (and relatively painless, there were no permabans) for griefers, and generally majorly fucking up with the matchmaking to allow terrible players into high ranked games, ruined this game.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
26. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 09:00 InBlack

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 07:49:
InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 05:22:
If the game is good, and the unlocks (characters, upgrades or weapons) are not paid DLC then Im fine with it not being free to play. Im just worried that Blizzard will have a hard time attracting players to a paid pure multiplayer game that is basically a revamped Team Fortress. Then again this is Blizzard we are talking about and they keep proving everyone wrong over and over again with their business models.

Everyone I know who played the game (even my wife who isn't really an FPS gamer) has loved it with the sole criticism that the game is a little too twitchy and needs the pacing dialed back a tiny amount. I think it'll do well.

Sounds like right up my alley. Even though I'm on the decline of that curve, I enjoy TF2 every once in a blue moon, and used to be pretty good in Quake and Doom. (In my student days I roomed with the champion Quake1 player of well, I think my country probably, even though we only had local city championships at the time. He even beat Thresh once or twice, man that dude was a major dick and way overrated, and would never play (if he could avoid it). If you're reading this Thresh, psy-mushroom and Pirgo say hi.

19. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 05:22 InBlack

If the game is good, and the unlocks (characters, upgrades or weapons) are not paid DLC then Im fine with it not being free to play. Im just worried that Blizzard will have a hard time attracting players to a paid pure multiplayer game that is basically a revamped Team Fortress. Then again this is Blizzard we are talking about and they keep proving everyone wrong over and over again with their business models.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

AngelicPenguin wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:01:

You seem to have missed the point. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter that Jar Jar annoyed people or that CG looks different the puppets. Fans would have forgiven stuff like that. The problem the prequels suffer from is that there's no one to like. The heroes are basically monks--drab, flat and austere characters. Take away the lightsabers and they couldn't be more boring. We didn't care about them. We cared about Luke's journey. We enjoyed Han's colorful background and personality. We liked Luke, Han and Leia together. There was a warmth and a sincerity there that every relationship in the prequels lacked. The real reason that people feel let down by the prequels has nothing to do with effects or esoteric plot points. It's that the prequels have no heart.

And I couldn't agree more.

This, a million times this. Also don't forget Vader's coolness, his utter ruthlesness (something uncommon in PG13 movies in those days and even today) and his eventual redemption. People were dissapointed that the greatest Jedi who ever lived was turned to the dark side because, pussy, or something...? What? I still don't get it.

Also for those nipticking for plot holes and inconsistencies, the original trilogy is ALSO full of them. I recently rewatched the three films, and they are full of ridiculous crap. But its charming instead of offensive because the dialogue is so fun, and the characters so endearing that in the end you don't care.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 03:13 InBlack

75-80 years ago it started with Germany. In this century, it will probably start in France. (Unless the US beats them to it)  

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
14. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 8, 2015, 03:10 InBlack

Well played.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
41. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 02:53 InBlack

NetHead wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:28:

Mark my words they haven't given up on trying to get money they don't deserve from mods.

There is truth in these words, and it makes me sad.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
40. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:16:
from what i understand in the reviews ive read, id be expecting some "NPC overhaul" and "Dialog overhaul" and "Consequences overhaul" type mods popping up... the scene is pretty deep, they will straight re-engineer the whole game

When, or rather I should say if (it's 'Murica after all) Bethesda allows modders to go ahead and do this Ill probably go back to the game. As it is I can't get myself to go back to it, all my free game time is occupied by study sims at the moment and I'm loving every minute of it.

17. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

Hang on so the game is NOT free to play? So there will be no grinding for unlocks then am I right? Right?

*crickets*

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
6. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 7, 2015, 03:14 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 23:27:
I played a game called Ambient Flight on the Rift DK1. It's similar to this, where you controlled a bird and changed direction with your head. It worked really well and is a great demo to introduce people to VR. It certainly wasn't on-rails and I don't expect this will be either, although going through the church or trees did look a bit close.

Eagle Flight clearly has much higher production values than Ambient Flight but I'm not convinced there's actually a game here. This looks more like a freebie that comes with a headset, from what little we've seen.

The funny thing is with a little more work (and a better setting) they could have made this an awesome game. Imagine playing as an Eagle (not the fighter) and having to hunt rabbits and other small game! Thats already pretty cool, but then you could add things like, weather, day and night cycles, (all of which affects your ability to hunt, sleep, etc.), nesting and mating!

Now something like that would probably sell a lot of VR kits...

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
17. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 03:07 InBlack

MOAR MOBA!!!!! AAARRRRHHHHGGGHHHH!!!!! <- thats Hulk's green face if you couldn't tell, he is feeling very frustrated.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
7. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 7, 2015, 03:04 InBlack

Well I'm not interested in any kind of pre-order, for reasons all of you are all probably well aware of already, but if it is ever released, well that could be a day one purchase in my case.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
16. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 7, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

Yeah getting too old to give much of a fuck. However I don't think I can honestly say "I don't care" and post in this thread. If HL3 ever rears its ugly head from the pits of Valve's underbelly, I would probably be quite interested in checking it out.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Dec 6, 2015, 11:00 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 10:34:
Also, they're planning the next two singleplayer campaigns (Squadron 42 is part of a trilogy) and will no doubt continue concepting and selling ships once the PTU is officially released.

Sq42 is all I want. Will it be possible for me to buy just the single player game without investing in ships or the PU?

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
2. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Well who could tell that Starcitizen would end up becoming a free to play World of Tanks in space? (Where the premium ships cost a real premium). Ha!  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Dec 4, 2015, 07:31 InBlack

Bub wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 06:54:
Whoa, I thought all Total War based games were Real time, not turn based. Which is it?

Apparently you've never played one, which I find incredible actually. They were really popular right from the beginning (Shogun Total War) and are generally quite good.

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Dec 4, 2015, 05:04 InBlack

Oh common, give Bethesda a break why don't you. If they knew how to code properly they would have switched engines years ago wouldn't they?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Meh to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge... Dec 4, 2015, 03:02 InBlack

I currently have the HTC One M8. Best phone Ive ever had. Samsung and Apple can go fuck themselves for all I care, this thing is built like a brick, it's blindingly fast, and has the best sound output Ive seen on a cellphone among a shitload of other things.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Dec 4, 2015, 02:34 InBlack

Where is Space Hulk? What happened to it, is it still in development? Argh...  

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Dec 4, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

Poor Fallout. I've completely set it aside after DCS World 2.0 came out. Now I have no desire to go back and finish it anymore.  

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo