Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 02:23 InBlack

My online Sarkeesian guide: When dealing with a professional victim, carefully step away with both hands raised in the air. Avoid eye contact and don't make any sudden moves, be extra careful not to move your hips or crotch in any way that might be interpreted as suggestive. Do not speak, and if possible do not breathe until you are at least 500 meters away from the person in question. Once you are at least 500 meters away, turn around and run away as fast as possible. Don't look back. EVER.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
20. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 02:17 InBlack

Saboth wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 19:39:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 12:38:
THREE DLC PACKS ON RELEASE? You gotta be fucking kidding me... Well, here goes one game which I was awaiting with great anticipation to buy that I'll be pirating on release with all DLCs included. Fuck'em.

Now MoO remake, don't make that same "DLC puke in the plate" mistake please. Thanks!

You know, you could just wait a month or three and buy it for 50-60% off instead of stealing it. No one owes you a free game on release day. Quite a few games I've waited 1-2 years to buy simply to get the GOTY edition for $10.

As for stealing vs copying:
One reason something costs more than something else is the amount of money it takes to create it. For some products this represents maybe two hours of labor, but $50 in materials. For others, it might be 50,000 hours of labor, and nothing in materials. A car might take thousands of man-hours to create, and use thousands in materials, hence it costs $20,000. A video game also takes thousands of man-hours to create, while having no physical costs. However, you still have to pay the creators of the game the same as you have to pay the guys that put doors on the cars and built the engines that go into them. It's simply a medium that lends itself to theft more easily.

The guys that are working on this game decided to really focus on PC development to make a game specifically for PC enthusiasts, and by stealing the game, you are essentially sending a big "FU" to them, and telling them to go focus on console games where DRM can ensure they are paid for their hard work.

Except you see, the way it usually works (not in indie development) is that the publishers already pay the developers for all of their man hours, the developers see a tiny cut of the sales if they see one at all, and the publisher makes most of the profits anyway. Moral of the story? Is copying the same as stealing? No. Is it still wrong? Yes, yes it it. But it's still not the same as stealing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2015, 02:10 InBlack

Gotta love these US lawmakers of yours. If anything, they are predictable. Their "Death to Taxes" and "Glory to Free Markets" is a constant and staunch rallying cry for the oppressed corporate overlords, no matter their disposition, no matter their politics, as long as they have green in their pockets.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online on Steam
7. Re: MechWarrior Online on Steam Dec 11, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 01:20:
There's a rumor they're making an SP portion for this. Anyone have any inside info?

That rumor is wrong. There is another Mechwarrior game in the making but it's got nothing to do with Piranha (thank god), it's the turn based Mechcommander game, can't remember what it's called exactly, that got kickstarted a couple of months ago.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 16:39 InBlack

ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 13:30:
Doom omg, first game I had to upgrade my PC for. 4MB of RAM does not cut it! that programming monster ate 8MB for it and the Windows to run.

Doom and Doom2 worked fine with 4 MB of memory if you knew how to pimp your config.sys and autoexec.bat files in DOS

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2015, 11:33 InBlack

Alamar wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 11:18:
Been considering the Intel Core i7 5960X myself, as I'm at a point where I'd like to put together a full system... Also considering the Intel PCIe 1.2 TB SSD (2.4k read vs the usual ~540 for drives), but I'm not sure I want to throw that much money at a new system... On the fence ; )

Throw in a 980 Ti and I'm up to over $3k for the system, which is likely going to run 20% faster than my current heh... But it's fun to buy stuff, so we'll see ; )

No reason why you should go for the i7 over the i5 if all you do is gaming.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
2. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 10, 2015, 11:32 InBlack

Nice!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
33. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 10, 2015, 02:23 InBlack

I like Elite:Dangerous. What I didn't like is the grind. I stopped playing when I figured out the only way to actually progress to a better fighting ship, is to sell my pimped Cobra, and buy a freighter. I was like...Wtf? Did they add new combat missions, because there were like 4 or 5 types the last time that I played, they were repetitive as fuck and really earned peanuts...  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Dec 10, 2015, 02:15 InBlack

Why is there no news on the Space Hulk shooter? Why?  

News Comments > Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is "Gold"
13. Re: Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is Dec 10, 2015, 02:13 InBlack

Of course it's gold, it's Star Wars. You paid over 4 Billion for it Kathleen! It has to be gold.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2015, 12:39 InBlack

Im not sure Gsync is worth it. Im thinking of buying a new monitor and everyone Ive asked swears by the 144Hz monitors. Apparently you can't notice the screen tearing and the smoothness and response is almost on the level of the old CRTs.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2015, 11:29 InBlack

lol  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 9, 2015, 11:24 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 10:41:
im hoping for a F4 New Los Angeles or something from Obsidian

F4:LA straight outta Compton...

19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

harlock wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 19:25:
MS trying to take a page from the Apple playbook.... "you'll fucking take this and you'll like it. we said so"

thing is, the average person, the majority - eventually they will fall in line just like the fucking sheep they are... they dont have the intelligence or the will to dis-OBEY for very long, especially once it stops being fashionable

so get ready for all this because its happening

You gotta use the nice carrot once in a while though. What MS Is doing is mostly using a carrot-painted stick. Thats the difference between Apple and MS. Apple makes you WANT to belong, MS forces you to belong OR ELSE. You see Apple's closed garden is actually pretty nice. MSs garden is anything but closed, although they are trying to turn it into a prison, and not that nice. In fact Im pretty sure those are dead cats in the garbage dump in the corner...

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2015, 03:01 InBlack

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 18:02:
As usual, lots of whiners. Windows 10 is a better OS than the prior versions, so why wouldn't you update?

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Double-Facepalm-Picard-01.jpg

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews CR Dec 9, 2015, 02:56 InBlack

Who watches/reads this narcissistic bullshit? I doubt even whale backers have stomachs for this.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2015, 03:12.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
22. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 9, 2015, 02:52 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 11:46:
1500... geeze

Thats either a typo, or bullshit. You can't throw engineers at games to build them faster or better. After a while the law of diminishing, or even negative returns kicks in.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teased
26. Re: System Shock 3 Teased Dec 9, 2015, 02:50 InBlack

Well now. Lets see what they do with the SS1 remake first. Hopeful, though.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 9, 2015, 02:41 InBlack

This ship took a real long time to get in the water. I read about it first about 2 years ago. It was basically in dry dock, and delayed, but the crew was aboard doing exercises. They made a joke about the skippers name back then too.  

News Comments > Vive Headsets Delayed
4. Re: Vive Headsets Delayed Dec 9, 2015, 02:37 InBlack

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 22:11:
Basically, VR headsets are going to tease the shit out of us for eternity and never ACTUALLY come out. That's how it feels, anyway.

Yep, but Im not complaining. It's gonna take a while for this tech to mature anyway. I doubt I could even push the pixels for it properly with my GTX970. By 2017 once all three major competitors in the VR market release their gear, things will be clearer.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo