Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Climb Announced
30. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 16, 2015, 02:54 InBlack

DangerDog wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:05:
Needs more people throwing potted plants onto your head.

Since this is a Crytek game, those people should be the sinister chinese or the evil north koreans. Or I dunno maybe the insidious tibetans. The setting does look like east Asia, and the bad guys in all of their games are usually the stereotypical "oriental" types...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2015, 02:48 InBlack

We need a sequel to Tie Fighter. Or Xwing. I mean how hard is it to make a single player space simulator? Apparently it's harder than making a procedurally generated galaxy, or first person shooter MMO in space....*sigh*  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
17. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Bundy wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 01:13:
I'm going to give this game a year or two. I'll give it another look when it has some depth.

Same here. Although it does have some background story to it right now, what is missing is a narrative, its one of those games where you need to invent your own. Also better and more varied missions.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2015, 12:09 InBlack

Shit, totally forgot about the Knick. Man that was an awesome series. Thanks Blue for reminding me to check out S2!!!  

News Comments > The Climb Announced
3. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 09:45 InBlack

Let me guess, at some point you will encounter a settlement of deranged apelike Yetis's right? I mean it's a Crytek game its gotta have mutant apes or Aliens at some point...  

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Dec 15, 2015, 07:18 InBlack

I don't think you can blame the fans for the downfall of Enterprise (which led to the downfall of the franchise). I loved all of the Trek shows except for Enterprise. Enterprise just didn't gel with me. Not because it wasn't Trek enough. It was actually a very interesting 'origins' premise. It failed because its characters were not that interesting, the acting (never really a strong point in Trek to begin with) was very sub par, and the first season never really got anywhere. I read that the subsequent seasons improved a lot, but they lost me on the first. When you make a television show you need to get people on board from the get go, and the first season of Enterprise was ugh. I think the biggest mistake with Enterprise was that they went with an overeaching complicated subplot, when the setting alone (the infancy of Starfleet or the Federation) could have been used to much better effect to drive the story. The first episode was actually very promising (Klingons on Earth FUCK YEAH!) but it really went downhill fast after that.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

Verno wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 10:46:
I didn't read the article but I'm curious what they think of cell phone signals then then.

Cell phone signals at that power are pretty much harmless. However cell phone towers can be hazardous to health to those living very close to them. As for this bullshit story, it should read: Psychotic mother kills own child with munchausen by proxy, invents story to blame someone else and gain sympathy and to feel loved and at the center of attention. Seriously, I feel really bad for any other children/husband involved....

To save you some google time: munchausen by proxy is a condition where a parent or caretaker poisons a close friend or family member while telling them they are seriously ill and taking care of them.

News Comments > X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced
10. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 15, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 17:49:
I'm just glad they are going to build a full real full scale X game. I've played Rebirth for only about 15 hours and in my opinion this game is unfixable. Which is why I think it's great they are doing another game, because you'd need to start from scratch to build a real X game.

[edit]
With that said, I've only read rumours on bluesnews about there being a real X game in the future. Where did it come from? I tried to look at the official site and the official forums and haven't found anything.

Thats because it is just rumors. They are bleeding through their ears and this half-assed expansion is an attempt to stop them bleeding out. How they fucked X up is beyond comprehension, I liken it to Blizzard fucking up Diablo3 but even worse.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
38. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 15, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

Pray to the gods of gaming that this does not end up sucking balls. I'm hopeful, but if its just a rehash of the games of old its not going to be that great. They need to do something new with the story at least and Im hopeful they wouldn't attempt one for just a cash grab.  

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Dec 15, 2015, 02:23 InBlack

Ok Im not a huge fan of conspiracy theories in fact I don't believe in that kind of shit as a general rule, but this makes me think JJ Abrams sabotaged (excuse the pun) this shit the minute he signed on to direct Star Wars.

What is missing from these new Trek films can be summarized in one word: Wonder.

Call me a hater or whatever, I don't give a shit, where is the Trek of old that dealt with human issues and with the human spirit, with the infinite reaches and wonders of space and with the mystery of the unknown. That is what Trek should be about, not this Michael Bay bullshit...Fuck you Abrams, fuck you very much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 15, 2015, 02:19 InBlack

Shock perhaps? Or sociopathy on a pretty big order of magnitude. Or simple survival instincts. Act like nothing happened, maybe no one will suspect, or a combination of those things? Its best not to dwell on the darker sides of the human psyche...  

News Comments > Happy Birthday Commander Keen; PC SM3 Video
6. Re: Happy Birthday Commander Keen; PC SM3 Video Dec 15, 2015, 02:12 InBlack

I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about. Keen was super fucking awesome on the PC, I remember playing Mario1 before that and then trying Keen on a sleepover at a friends house (yeah I must have been around 9 or 10 at the time) and being completely and utterly blown away how much bigger and more complex the world of Keen was compared to Mario. We played that game on many a weekeend and weeknights, and yeah the jumping and running were kind of wonky on a keyboard of the time compared to the console controls of Mario, but once you got used to it it worked fine.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
66. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 14, 2015, 09:27 InBlack

SC Monthly studio reports in a nutshell: No no no no no. Seeing some gameplay footage of Sq42 is super secret. No one is allowed to see it. Instead here is a super detailed report on how doors open and close on the various ships and stations, and the simulated sensors in place which detect your avatar on approach to make that happen. Oh yeah, Gillian Anderson is coming to film her shit tomorrow! High Five!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 08:29:
InBlack wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 06:40:
(Now and again I watch ViaSAT History which, unlike the History channel, has some great documentaries)

You mean like the documentary where the Nazis tried to weaponize the Loch Ness monster, but the queen and her army of lizard people stopped them, so they had to build a mechanical megalodon instead, so some people believe could have maybe happened?

Yes, that would be the History channel, the one I don't watch.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 06:40 InBlack

Im still paying for cable. Main reason being, they are my internet providers and fairly reliable and cheap at that. (Flat rate, no throttling, no extra bandwidth fees). The catch being that you need to have a TV package in addition to the Internet. So I just have the cheapest TV package, which I basically almost never watch. (Now and again I watch ViaSAT History which, unlike the History channel, has some great documentaries)  

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
51. Re: DICE Starting Dec 14, 2015, 04:17 InBlack

Ouch, Slick has been burned. Badly. Just the dedicated server support alone (yes publicly available servers, thank you very much) should be enough to bury games like this. Unfortunately, most gamers are dumb fucks with the intelligence and memory of a fruit fly, they go "PURTY!!", jizz in their pants, and pre-order as soon as they see a new sexy screenshot of their favorite franchise...agh....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Star Wars Dec 13, 2015, 16:55 InBlack

Shok wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 13:14:
My Star Wars tickets are for imax showing on Friday at 8. Reserved seats so no waiting in line. The only issue I will probably have is avoiding spoilers all day Friday. Guess I'll just have to unplug that day as much as I can.

Got tickets for saturday. Yeah avoiding the spoilers is gonna be damn hard to do. Im hoping Im wrong about Abram's secret reveal, but from what Ive seen of the trailers its too damn obvious not to be what I think it is...*sigh*

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
23. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 16:51 InBlack

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 16:48:
2143... come on baby..... come on buddy...

gimme slightly future.. 32 vs 32 (or 64 vs 64?), dedicated private servers, and all the other goodies.
Make up for that bag of hog poop called Battlefront!

Sorry to rain on your parade but making a quality game is kind of not EA's thing. Quality production values sure, quality gameplay...ehm....not so much.

43. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 11:35 InBlack

I'd just like to see five minutes of gameplay from Squadron42. Just gameplay, Could someone provide a link?  

42. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 11:34 InBlack

I'd just like to see five minutes of gameplay from Squadron42. Gameplay, Could someone provide a link?  

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo