Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9707 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2016, 02:54 InBlack

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:36:
It's actually really funny how many things Putin's oligarch cronies own.

Did you know that Daybreak games, formerly SOE, got purchased by a company that is a subsidary of a Russian conglomerate run by one of Putin's buddies?

You do know that the top 0.1 percent of the world's Elite own 90% of the worlds wealth? Don't you? So cut this propaganda bullshit, Putin's cronies are a small part of that Elite. The people who are really running this shitshow are not on TV or in any government or subject to Putin or his cronies. Those are the people you should be concerned about...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
43. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2016, 02:45 InBlack

sdgundamx wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:44:
Sometimes I wish Blue's had a comment upvote system, because I would totally upvote that comment a million times if I could. Well said, Quboid.

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:30:
Drayth wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 18:56:
I never stated any one thing proves anything. So yes, if you want to take anything anyone presents one piece at a time and say, 'Yes this doesn't prove she's disingenuous. And this one does not prove so...", sure (though I consider that second video a lot more damning than you do considering in her kickstarter video she claimed she was a gamer, and loved video games).

Over the total of what I've seen though, yes.. I believe she's just playing this up for money. I very, very much think so.

Still accepting $400,000 for a talk she canceled, for example.

She didn't accept $400,000 for a talk she cancelled. She got threatened, she cancelled the talk, people gave her donations. What is she supposed to do, refuse them? Not help fund the cause the importance of which was so clearly demonstrated. Why is being an actual victim a reason to dismiss her? That's what her critics don't seem to understand, she doesn't play the victim, she is a victim. A victim of threats, a victim of harassment and a victim of huge, huge volumes of misinformation that is the reason that she can't have a proper conversation.

You describe my thoughts on people like Thunderf00t, OneAngryGamer and her other critics perfectly, time after time there is so much nonsense that they're not credible and I have sympathy for Sarkeesian. I don't like her, I don't love her, as has been claimed, I don't even agree with many of her actual points. But I have sympathy for her because unlike GamerGate and their victim complex, she actually is a victim and she does not deserve it.

You guys are off your rocker, A.S. is just a tele-evangelist by another name. Do you understand that there are actually people out there, genuine social scientists who study and write on feminist subjects and that their work is being perverted and used by this charlatan? Not only that, but there are genuine victims who face threats, abuse and real sexual discrimination and humiliation daily, but they don't get fucking 400,000 bucks for throwing a tantrum someone gives them some trash talk online!!! What about them?? Jesus Christ, on a pogo stick, this world is fucking upside down. Grow up and open your eyes for a second or two you fucking hipster losers...

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2016, 02:51.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
6. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 02:27 InBlack

Bring on Far Cry Blood Dragon 2. Maybe with some multiplayer thrown in for good measure this time too.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
3. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 02:24 InBlack

I hope this game has some surprising depth to it. It's been a while since Ive played a good RTS. Im going to wait for a few reviews and some word of mouth before committing though.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Jan 20, 2016, 09:07 InBlack

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 04:05:
Let's see...

I like how she doesn't talk about the naked Raiden bit in MGS2...

Or that Catwoman in the Arkham series is actually understylized from the Catwoman of the comics...

Or that you can actually get Batman's ass straight and center with minimal effort...

I mean, this is her MO in that she doesn't give balanced perspectives, but still, even this is so out-of-balance that it makes me wonder why she even tries.

Ok just read some of that thesis, and some if it is actually pretty good until her complete and utter misunderstanding of the character of Starbuck and BSG... Ugh...

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 02:52 InBlack

El Pit wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 15:26:
September 2015

Something like that happening in Windows 10 and it would make some people jump up and down while shouting "I KNEW IT! LOOK AT ME!"

By the way, that problem has supposedly been fixed. Like other problems get fixed, too, but of course not in Windows 10. Don't trust the updates, disable them! It makes Windows 10 spy on you like Android and iOS... Oops.

You know what? Whatever. Once DirectX12 games hit the market, people will open up like they did for the spyware on their mobile phones.

Your baiting is transparent. I don't have a problem with spyware on my phone, I even expect it. I have a problem with spyware on my PC. Do you even understand the difference? Im not sure you do which is why you bait people with your faux internet outrage and indignation.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2016, 03:01.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Launches
19. Re: Blade & Soul Launches Jan 20, 2016, 02:48 InBlack

SunnyD wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 17:38:
My wife and roomy were so fargin' pissed when they shuttered the game. Tears were shed*

~Finis~

So.....you had a wife and a roomy (who from your story also appears to be female) at the same time. Please tell us more...

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Jan 20, 2016, 02:37 InBlack

Nuhaus wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 23:55:
She badly needs to get back to peer reviewed academic work so that she can find some modern relevance.

Has she ever written anything that was peer reviewed? Links, sources, please!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
8. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 02:32 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 00:46:
Also, not sure what you're expecting your sales to do when model your main character after the divisive Anita Sarkeesian.

What? No way. There is no resemblance. Still needs a little bit more tits, hard bodies, and ass, but so far my male sex crazed monkey brain likes what it sees.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 10:13 InBlack

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 07:19:

Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? Humans are humans, and without government to submit laws to the people and the people respect those laws, you wind up with crap like Somali pirate life. Where your freedom of speech means nothing to the guy holding the gun to your head demanding your life in return for something.

Laws and rules are one thing. Censorship another. The only one trolling here is you, with your fucking bullshit idea that without censorship and government control of the media any state will somehow degenerate into Somalia or Pakistan. Your right wing fascist ideas are transparent and completely wrong, so excuse me for resorting to some colorful analogies to illustrate my point.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 07:01 InBlack

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 06:52:
InBlack wrote on Jan 19, 2016, 02:49:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

I think you would be an ideal candidate for a position in the Gestapo. You've got what it takes mein Herr.

So when somebody accuses you of burning a religious text, and they find where you live. The angry mob comes to your home. Your going to sit there and say to them, "I'm glad the government did not help control you and you came to my home to kill me for something I did not do. I applaud your freedoms!" And then you get stoned.

Its civilization 101, Control. On some level for everybody. I'm just putting it bluntly, openly and honestly in my original text. Least I'm honest with it and not living in a fantasy freedom land.

Yes barbarian democracies and freedom of speech are wishful thinking, clearly the State knows best and should have the last word on the interpretation of any such concepts. Kamarad ZeroPike1 you have fully grasped the concept of one Volk, one State, one Fuhrer. I applaud you. Sieg Heil!

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2016, 02:49 InBlack

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:07:
You kind of have to control the population this way. Western people probably see it as a reduction of speech. It is.

But considering how the population reacts to even the slightest mention of something in even a slight way, people end up dying from it. Control on some level must be maintained because the population in question cannot control itself, so its up to government.

The videos they will block and control are not some stupid troll in his mom's kitchen complaining about government. This is control of video's that will incite mob mentality and destabilize everyday life.

I think you would be an ideal candidate for a position in the Gestapo. You've got what it takes mein Herr.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 19, 2016, 02:45 InBlack

The Road to Hell is a song by Chris Rea.

I win.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 19, 2016, 02:33 InBlack

I'm guilty of occasionally using the phone while driving the car. I never text though, and since I drive an automatic I don't think it's that big of a deal. I do really keep it to a minimum though.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 02:23 InBlack

When I watch this I kind of wish they did some kind of Dune game. A proper Dune game, that's more true to the books. Maybe something set during Paul's Muad'Dib's Wars of Conquest.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 11:16 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 10:23:
Personally I've become crazy excited for The Division by now. I'm also 80% certain Ubi won't deliver, and we'll look back at the footage they released thinking "What. The. Fuck? Did their computers + backup burn down so they had to restart from scratch a half year ago?".

I hope not. The concept sounds so good. I bought a 1 dollar beta key. I'll see soon enough.

There is a Robocop joke in there somewhere....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 10:04 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 17:53:
Dragon's Dogma ftw Best game by far on that list imo.

Beter than XCOM 2? Pretty high praise, considering XCOM 2 isn't even out yet. Im gonna have to check it out now.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
9. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 14, 2016, 05:48 InBlack

bigspender wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 01:34:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 01:02:
"Multiplayer features pretty prominently"

Three Moves Ahead discussed a while back the results of some survey that showed the vast majority of RTS players never use the online component of the game. Hope they're putting a lot of effort into single player.

I hope there's a speed governor. I like to play with the speed set 70-80% of full speed.

Hah oh wow I totally forgot RTS games used to have that feature.

Yep that would come in handy, now that Im an old fart.

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
41. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 08:44 InBlack

Why should Valve be entitled to selling every single PC game from all publishers? That's bullshit.
yes why ?

That's called being the middleman. They have a huge selection of games, a huge install base and the needs of the market dictate that people like a uniform storefront where they can buy everything. Valve is not entitled, they are running a business. If EA or anyone else wants to sell their games on their own, they are welcome to do so. I don't get it, everyone is taking this so personally when it's just business.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 12, 2016, 08:44 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 07:10:
InBlack wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 02:47:
Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 09:48:
I'd wager that, if you polled most of your friends, less than 5% of their time using their personal (not work) laptops is outside of their homes.

Im gonna go back to this statement from Beamer. As long as this is true, having a laptop for gaming is a bad idea. Not, having a laptop, not gaming, but a combination of those two things. You game on a laptop, fine, great! Good for you. How often do you take it out of the house? (And when it's out of the house, how often do you game on it?) How often does it sit in one spot in your house? Think about these questions and answer them to yourself honestly. For the price of that "gaming" laptop, you can get a destop with twice the power, twice the screen real-estate and a nice comfy chair.
Again, this requires dedicating, at a minimum, a 3'x5' space in your home to your computer.

Having a laptop means dedicating a 1'x1.5" space to it.

Unless you are living in Japan, I'm not sure that space enters that much into the equation. Remember we are talking about "gamers" here, not casual users. So in addition to the laptop, you will most definitely at least have a mouse. So you need a desk to use it on. Or at least a flat surface of some kind. Sure you can juggle your laptop in your lap, on the sofa, but who the fuck games like that? Not people who are willing to spend thousands of bucks on top of the line gaming laptops. And once you throw the external "GPU" from the article in the mix, what you get is basically an overpriced desktop, that can serve as laptop if you want. The space you say you will end up saving comes up to diddley squat. You don't end up saving any space at all, since that external GPU is sitting somewhere where you need to plug your laptop in.

9707 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo