Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JohnnyRotten
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2008, 21:55
Total Comments 402 (Amateur)
User ID 46743

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

51. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 29, 2019, 18:14 JohnnyRotten

wtf_man wrote on Oct 29, 2019, 14:39:
Never, will I install Origin.

Sounds like an indy horror film. I'm writing the log-line in my head already using the movie-phone guys voice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

125. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 3, 2019, 20:58 JohnnyRotten

Razumen wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 08:15:
And no, I never said it should be kept secret, why must things always be in extremes for you?

To set up the next straw man for the person who is "looking at this literally without bias". That statement alone should be your clue to understanding a basic fact when dealing with Beamer:

You're not having a conversation, you're feeding a troll. Stop.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

46. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 2, 2019, 09:32 JohnnyRotten

Kosumo wrote on May 2, 2019, 02:51:
Derek Smart is not real.

Christ Roberts, saviour of P.C. gaming.

These truths have been said.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

54. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 13:52 JohnnyRotten

MrBone wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 06:39:
Trump Derangement Syndrome is on full display here. The cathedral will be restored like it or not. Irrationally hatred can lead to mental instability. Have a good day.

Throwing words together into a phrase doesn't make it a real thing. People can have rational objections to an irrational person, in fact, I would propose that a normal person would do so as a rule and that would be a signal of mental stability, not the other away around.

I'd give someone a pass for an odd-ball or simply foolish idea if it was the exception in their normal behavior. I'd guess most people have some similar level of allowance. However, that ship has sailed (jumped the shark, crossed the Rubicon, etc.) here. We have a person who regularly proclaims himself as the qualified foremost authority on almost every major topic of importance, but generally doesn't show even the simplest understanding of that topic.

So when a person with his established track record of foolishness steps in the shit yet again, a discussion about his continuing unfitness in the office that he serves is not a syndrome, irrational, or hate. It's simply a logical outcome.

FYI, here's an abbreviated list of Trump claiming himself as the foremost SME. These are just the one's in recent times:

Agriculture. Qualified foremost authority: Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue.

"You know more about agriculture than any human being that I've ever spoken to," Trump said of Perdue at an event in Georgia last October.

Bin Laden, Osama. One of the foremost authorities: Donald Trump.

In an interview with Breitbart radio in November 2015, Trump claimed authority on the terrorist leader.

“I was against the war in Iraq, okay? And I was right about it,” Trump said, untruthfully. “You also know I predicted that Osama bin Laden was coming to the United States, because I knew a lot about it, and I know more about it than most, believe me, and I’ve been given credit for it.”

Booker, Cory. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Presuming that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) is the de facto expert on himself, anyone who knows more than Booker would assume that title. And so:

If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2016
Borders. Qualified foremost authority: Former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly.

“You know more about borders, I think, than anybody,” Trump said to Kelly at a meeting in May.

Borders. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

That according to former Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio who, Trump claimed in July 2016, once gave him that praise.

"I just want you to know that I'm endorsing you because you know more about this stuff than anybody," Arpaio told Trump, according to Trump. "You know more about this stuff than people doing it for 25 years. You get it."

Campaign contributions. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“I know more about contributions than anybody,” he said in an ABC News interview during the campaign.

Courts. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

"I know more about courts than any human being on earth. Okay?" he claimed at a rally in Texas in November 2015.

Debt. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows more about debt than I do,” Trump said in an interview in 2016.

Drones. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

As above.

Facebook, power of. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

At a rally in South Carolina, Trump said: “I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?”

Guns. Qualified foremost authorities: Trump’s sons Eric and Donald Jr.

Trump made this bold claim at a National Rifle Association convention.

“I’ve been a member for a long time, and my boys are members, and they’re much better shooters than I am, I’ll tell you,” he said. “They know more about guns than any — I don’t know, there may be two or three people in this room, but believe it or not, not many.”

H-1B and H-2B Visas. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows the system better than me,” Trump said during a debate. “I know the H-1B. I know the H-2B. Nobody knows it better than me.”

Infrastructure. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Another claim from the campaign trail in 2016: “Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump.”

Law. Foremost authorities: Police chiefs.

Speaking to leaders at a convention of the Major Cities Chiefs Association, Trump declared that “you know more about law than anybody, law enforcement.”

Left, the political. Qualified foremost authority: Donald Trump.

"I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody," Trump said at a campaign event in November 2016.

Money. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“I understand money better than anybody,” Trump said in defense of low fundraising totals in mid-2016.

NAFTA. Foremost authorities: People in Maine.

“You people know more about NAFTA than anybody, okay?” he said during a campaign event in that state in March 2016. “Anybody. 'Cause you know how you were stripped with NAFTA, which was a disaster.”

Nuclear, horror of. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Donald Trump: "There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me"

— Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) June 15, 2016
People who get good TV ratings. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The TODAY Show should call me about who to put on the show— I know more about people who get ratings than anyone.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 26, 2012
Politicians. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

A rally in March 2016, Trump claimed to “know more about politicians than anybody.”

Renewables. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Speaking to Fox News’s Sean Hannity in 2016, Trump said, “[L]ook, I know more about renewables than any human being on earth because I understand it from — you know, from ..." The transcript for the conversation then reads “[INAUDIBLE].”

Security. Foremost authorities: Police chiefs.

Also at the Major Cities Chiefs Association convention, Trump defended his ban on migration from heavily Muslim countries by telling the audience that it “was done, very importantly, for security — something you people know more about than all of us.”

Shale. Foremost authorities: Pennsylvanians.

“[Y]ou know more about shale than anybody, right here in Pennsylvania,” Trump told an audience at an event in that state shortly before the 2016 election. He was referring to energy production from hydraulic fracturing, a shift that drove a huge spike in production in Texas, Oklahoma and North Dakota.

Steelworkers. Foremost authority among politicians: Donald Trump.

At a rally in New Hampshire in 2016, Trump was direct.

“I know more about steelworkers than anybody that’s ever run for office,” Trump claimed.

Taxes. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

In an interview with the New York Times in 2017, Trump claimed expertise on this subject.

“I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A.,” he asserted. He went on to modestly claim that he knew “the details of health care better than most.”

Tax reform. Foremost authorities: Business leaders who attended a White House meeting on the subject in October 2017.

“You are leaders of this country and certainly leaders on this subject, and you know more about it than anybody,” Trump said to the group that included the heads of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Wholesale-Distributors and the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council.

Technology overall. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The Democrats are trying to belittle the concept of a Wall, calling it old fashioned. The fact is there is nothing else’s that will work, and that has been true for thousands of years. It’s like the wheel, there is nothing better. I know tech better than anyone, & technology.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2018
Trade. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

“Nobody knows more about trade than me,” Trump said at that rally in March 2016. (He was comparing himself with Mitt Romney.)

Wall Street bankers. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

Trump spoke with former NBC host Matt Lauer on the “Today” show in 2016. Lauer said, “You’re a guy who said you know the Wall Street bankers better than anyone.”

“Better than anyone,” Trump agreed.

Wedges. Foremost authority: Donald Trump.

The context, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal last year, was if North Korea was attempting to drive a wedge between the United States and South Korea.

“I know more about wedges than any human being that’s ever lived,” Trump said, “but I’ll let you know.”

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)

TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)

ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)

Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)

Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)

Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)

Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."

The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)

Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)

The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)

Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)

Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)

Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)

Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)

Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)

Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."

Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)

Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)

The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)

Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)

Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)

Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

News Comments > Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free

53. Re: Get Assassin's Creed Unity for Free Apr 20, 2019, 13:35 JohnnyRotten

Beamer wrote on Apr 18, 2019, 11:58:
I'd really hope that the "leader of the free world" has more sense than the overwhelming majority of people, and is smart enough to understand that a metric ton of water weighs a metric ton.

... and to pile on, that metric ton would have been released at some interesting rates of horizontal and vertical speed. Gravity being the bitch it is, would have ended up piling onto to that and would add a significant amount of newtons to the net force result of the water and the church colliding.

Also: This was the guy that proposed raking forests to prevent forest fires, and then double, tripled, and quadrupled down on that stupidity. Not the brightest...

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2019, 13:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

107. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2019, 14:42 JohnnyRotten

Late to the thread, but sorry that you lost your pup. Always sucks when it happens.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash

105. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Jan 31, 2019, 11:46 JohnnyRotten

Kxmode wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 23:46:

DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!

Don't hate me

You are officially the second worst person in the world.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17

25. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jul 2, 2018, 19:04 JohnnyRotten

Great game - ton's of fun. Man that launch was terrible (warping, zoning in one place and ending up in the wrong spot on the board, inability to warp) and the early "even" patches that would invariably f* things up.

Loved how the flying used to work and some the early exploits (like spell bombing while falling out the sky).

The skills/stat engine is still far-and-away the most complex in any games I've ever played. Twinking was a blast.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta

26. Re: On Overwatch Smurfing and Loss Streaks Apr 18, 2017, 09:57 JohnnyRotten

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 13:11:
descender wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 12:28:
I get that the customization is a feature, but again it's a tedious feature that takes dozens of hours to even find out if it was worth the trouble.
The worst thing is it wouldn't be too tedious if they'd just make it a bit easier to get passive skill refund points. That's the real problem...

This. It's an impressive skill tree system, but once I realized I was making hard commits, I went and did what I guess everyone does: Looked online for the "best" POE skill build for my class. Zero experimentation.

Now the gems are where I really I love POE. Because I can swap them in and out without consequence, and you can play with the colors/linkages, you can really do some fun stuff here. This is where I don't bother with guides, and instead found the way I like to play.

I also play D3, and I've kept coming back to it, especially for the early seasons (where you could get an extra stash space). I do the same find-the-best-build-online routine for D3, because you'll hit a advancement wall quickly if you don't. Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep coming back to D3 - the end game is endless grinding for the perfect drop by slot.

TL;DNR - I like both, and outside of the POE gem dynamics, I don't really see much difference between the two.

News Comments > Into the Black

52. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2017, 23:17 JohnnyRotten

Kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 17:31:
My reaction when I quote the president of the largest non-profit consumer organization in the U.S. for airline passengers and whose staff consist of doctors and lawyers responsible for ten passenger rights, and the response is "He's expressing his opinion." http://i.imgur.com/5E3mcgY.gif
It is his opinion. He neither makes law, nor enforces it. It's also a position that would be hard pressed to survive a court test. The ADA of 90 for example, is in full force for public and private transportation business. This has been tested in court several times.

This whole time I've seen civil rights tossed around. However, neither civil rights or civil liberties are consumer rights. It behooves you to learn the difference between civil rights and civil liberties as each provides different kinds of guarantees.

- Civil rights refer to equal conditions for all Americans.
- Civil liberties are protections against government actions. For example, the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights guarantees the Government cannot interfere with an individual's freedom of worship.
Also not quite on target. Civil rights are not equal guarantees for all citizens, in fact, they often target specific sub sets of citizens based on specific characteristics - the ADA example above, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 78, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 67, and others.

Americans have the guaranteed civil right to fly without discrimination (except those on No Fly Lists). Americans also have the civil liberty to choose any carrier they wish. Neither has any bearing on being forced to leave a plane. The point I'm making is the Airline's actions is a morality play. I think what they did is morally wrong, but it wasn't legally wrong or against civil and liberty rights. Hope the distinction is clearer.

The resulting lawsuits and can't-do-it-fast-enough settlements against United, Chicago Department of Aviation, and the officers involved are going to show that those who are closest to the issue don't agree with your analysis of the legal risk.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five

28. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:51 JohnnyRotten

El Pit wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 18:32:
WOW! A virtual Big Bennys vending machine!

For the 10th anniversary of the game being in production, we might get some lube, and for the 15th production anniversary, a dildo with the Star Citizen logo. And if you insert the dildo, it will play a sound recording of Roberts laughing!

BUY NOW! LIMITED SUPPLY!!!

The dildo will be concept art that will sell for thousands...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer

37. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 23, 2017, 15:24 JohnnyRotten

Drayth wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 00:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 23:24:
WHEN WILL THE REMOVE THE FUCKING SMILE OFF FEM-SHEP'S FACE? It's like she went to the Joan River Botox treatment center.

"Do you want to know how I got these scars?"

Well played sir...

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial

76. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 15:48 JohnnyRotten

Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:47:
And that's why nobody sells on Steam... it's just not worth it.

People sell on steam because of dumbshit zealots that refuse to shop anywhere other than Walmart.

As I've said, 20% of something is better than %100 of nothing.

I don't even blame Valve for this shit, it's an ingenious business platform. They pay zero money towards game development, take zero risk, and often get more profit than the devs themselves get. It's brilliant.

And as long as this idea perpetuates that GabeN is the second coming of jesus, and all other storefronts are the devil, then they'll continue to make billions a year, and put zero of that back into actually making games. Pretty good racket for a so-called "video game developer".

You're just stacking assumption on wild guess on supposition here.

It's an open market - developers can choose any distributor, or decide to create their own storefront solution as well. The fact that so few do so is a sign that Valve provides a set of services and market presence that is the best path for success and profitability.

You may not like that fact, but the sheer mass of developers and publishers releasing products under Steam indicates that buyers and sellers are voting against you with their wallet.

Just my $.02. I don't have dog in this hunt.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial

19. Steam? Feb 15, 2017, 16:17 JohnnyRotten

Does this work on Steam?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets

58. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 19:24 JohnnyRotten

descender wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 16:37:
You would think someone with a few hundred dollars invested in a space sim would literally know that light years are a measure of distance.

It's the comment that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"

97. Re: Cloud Imperium Games employee Reviews Oct 2, 2015, 10:03 JohnnyRotten

Kxmode wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 03:14:
Indeed. The Escapist isn't going to post such an controversial article without letting their legal team vet it first.

"Vetted by Legal team" and the "article is truthful" don't have anything to do with each other.

"Vetted by Legal team" means we don't think we can be successfully sued for posting this because we believe using words like "anonymous" and "sources" invokes the reporter's privilege.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released

207. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 5, 2015, 13:33 JohnnyRotten

dsmart wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 08:36:
...Since the law doesn't prevent them from continuing to raise money, the Feds can put a stop to it if during their investigation they find anything wrong with what they're doing over there.

The imaginary lawsuit has now moved to an imaginary federal investigation?

By the way, when you do your imaginary discovery, could you ask them who really killed Kennedy, and also, where my second set of truck keys went? I can't find them anywhere.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen

180. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 20:32 JohnnyRotten

dsmart wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 14:07:
JohnnyRotten wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 13:12:
Standing? None. Rule 11 sanctions? Almost certain.

Hilarious. Even more so since you have no clue how that actually works. ANYTHING that results in ANY form of legal action, as in, we step foot in a court room, pretty much gives me the ability to obtain (financials) what I want.

And it doesn't matter how it comes about. Something, anything, just needs to get into the court docket by either party

And that is exactly not how it works.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen

159. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 13:12 JohnnyRotten

Standing? None. Rule 11 sanctions? Almost certain.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2015, 19:46 JohnnyRotten

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:28:
Unfortunately, history is full of apologists just like yourself who defended and even worshiped the very people that eventually destroyed them.

That is more than a wee bit over the top.

As this is an extraordinary claim, the burden of proof lies on the claimant. Verno is right - this is a bunch of supposition without any proof, and the proof is easy enough to gather.

Network traffic isn't magic. Whatever "traps" the tin-foil types think is built into the O/S to prevent monitoring illicit behavior directly from the computer can simply be defeated (ie, monitored and recorded) by a transparent/bridging firewall sitting between the computer and the router.

Also, Godwin's law applies here.

402 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >