Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata
17. Re: R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Jul 13, 2015, 12:07 LiTh

BobBob wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 11:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 10:20:
That really is a shame, guy is hall of fame material for gaming if there ever was one. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but i wonder if him battling his disease is related in anyway to the lackluster performance of nintendo the last several years. Perhaps the new CEO will ignite some new perspective and bring nintendo back.

What do you think he was part of some Borg-like Nintnedo collective? The man most likely had a completely separate private life (which includes his medical history) that is none of our business.

So you dont think someone's private life can effect someone work? Ok....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata
6. Re: R.I.P.: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Jul 13, 2015, 10:20 LiTh

That really is a shame, guy is hall of fame material for gaming if there ever was one. Perhaps its the cynic in me, but i wonder if him battling his disease is related in anyway to the lackluster performance of nintendo the last several years. Perhaps the new CEO will ignite some new perspective and bring nintendo back.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2015, 22:21 LiTh

All that needs to be realized from shihonage and his opinion is this quote from a few days ago from a previous post "The more people we have like Derek Smart and Peter Molyneux and that Fez guy, the better."

The only thing more delusional then shihonage is the fictitious antihero in this show.

That said, Again, amazing show.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2015, 11:00 LiTh

This is a great show, i'm looking forward to it every week. Also the fact that a lot of what they show and talk about computer wise is pretty accurate (atleast compared to the drivel hollywood normally forces on us.)  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
8. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 11, 2015, 10:56 LiTh

Frijoles wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 01:23:
Excellent. Been looking forward to this patch.

<passive skills reset>

Dammit. Guess not. I appreciate them giving us a free reset, but the last time they did it, it took me an hour or more to set it back up. Gonna have to wait until I'm more bored than usual to go through that again.

I think it would of made a lot more people upset by not giving them a reset (something they do after every major patch) because of the vast changes to the passive tree, especially with the additions of jewels.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches
6. Re: Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Jul 11, 2015, 00:01 LiTh

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 19:04:
How do you free up inactive character names? Like I might login after a while of not playing to find my old characters have no name? You'd better be immune if you've spent money...

With the amount of leagues and vast amount of charactors a lot of people have (i have a few dozen myself) this is a good thing. If you login and it was takin you rename your char. If its important to you, take 3seconds to login and bam, its yours again.

Anyways, if anyone was on the fence before or didnt have a good experience the first time around, now is the time!

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
9. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support Jul 10, 2015, 16:03 LiTh

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:21:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:03:
Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 09:13:
Its a meh game. Like Gal Civ 2 was a meh game.

Luckily you said this at the beginning and I wasnt required to read further.

And yet you still took time out to comment. Thanks for reading!!

Its not a knock against you, its just the fact that i really enjoyed GalCiv2 so the fact that you didnt enjoy it brought home the point faster then anything else you could of said.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 16:02 LiTh

bobbyric wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 14:39:
descender wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:53:
Why is anyone be running the 32bit client on 64bit windows in the first place?

Why not? Most programs and drivers aren't going to utilize more than 4gb of RAM. So 64 bit is absolutely meaningless except for the biggest memory hogs

Thats actually 2gb per program unless they are specifically toggled on 32bit programs

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support
6. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Map Pack DLC & Mod Support Jul 10, 2015, 12:03 LiTh

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 09:13:
Its a meh game. Like Gal Civ 2 was a meh game.

Luckily you said this at the beginning and I wasnt required to read further.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 12:01 LiTh

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:54:
I have this sound card and seem to hit all of those variables, be interesting to see if I get banned. I regularly livestream so people can tell I'm not cheating anyway but I doubt Blizzard will accept twitch streams as evidence of anything

That combination seems like it would be quite a popular one with hundreds of thousands of people, I'd really doubt it was attributed to just that. However stranger things have happened.

News Comments > The Escapists The Walking Dead Announced
10. Re: The Escapists The Walking Dead Announced Jul 9, 2015, 18:09 LiTh

If you guys really want a GOOD 'The Walking Dead' game, then i can recommend 7 days to die. its The walking Dead meets Ark (except i think 7days has a better crafting system).  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
42. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 9, 2015, 18:04 LiTh

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:34:
Pretty much every organization I've been with (except for this one thankfully) is exactly that strict, if not more so. Sarbanes–Oxley has made life in IT much more complicated. I can't imagine any IT guys here letting us introduce that kind of security hole into the network.

The fact I've been working in the IT equivalent of pirate ships may have slightly skewed my perception.

Yarrrr! Torrents off the port bow! Full bandwidth ahead!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Jul 9, 2015, 18:00 LiTh

Julio wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:47:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 13:42:
As with any ban wave, there seems to be a bunch of folks who were banned even though they din do nuffin.

That's why it's not worth paying as much for games where this can happen.

I'm in agreement, free is way too much for this game.

32. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 23:06 LiTh

WaltC wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 17:17:
Right up through the latest build 10162, Win10x64 has been 100% compatible with my games (I have 40 on Steam & 58 on Gog and ~22 on Origin & some others--some of them are 25+ years old, etc.) They all run--and unlike with Win7/8 I haven't had to use DEP/exceptions on a single one...;) Gog should have no trouble at all...IMO, if you have a desktop this is by far the best OS Microsoft has ever put together...Laptop owners will be largely at the mercy of their laptop manufacturers for their drivers, but really most Win8/.1 drivers should work.

I'm curious what games you had to turn on DEP to get to run on 7/8?

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 16:41 LiTh

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 16:09:
Is win/loss the only contributing factor to MMR, or is it supposed to be weighted based off the MMR of your opponents? That's how they do it in League of Legends and DotA2.

I think they're all based off of the Chess rating system

16. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 14:07 LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 14:05:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:38:
Ever since Nadella took over from Balmer i've really liked the direction Microsoft has been going. I think having an engineer running the company has been a good thing for Microsoft and one thats been needed ever since Gates left the CEO position. I'll absolutely be upgrading to Win10. I imagine it'll be just as compatible as Win7/8 are.

It's pretty smart of them to offer Win 10 for free. Saves them a lot of support costs. I wouldn't be upgrading if I had to buy it for full price, although I probably would pay $20-30 for it.

I agree, they trying to carpet bomb adoption rates this time around.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 13:44 LiTh

I'm not a big Heroes player (although i do have some experience in it), but i was a huge Starcraft player back in the day. I really thought Blizzard had it right with the balance. That said, i dont think using win ratio's to balance heroes is the proper way to balance the game. Thats certainly not how they did it with Starcraft, although that said they are both completely different, it still strikes me as odd that they think this would be the end all be all to balance. I think they've been playing too much Hearthstone lately as using win ratio's would only make sense in 1v1 matches and even then you would have to throw out all the support style heroes...  

9. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 13:38 LiTh

Ever since Nadella took over from Balmer i've really liked the direction Microsoft has been going. I think having an engineer running the company has been a good thing for Microsoft and one thats been needed ever since Gates left the CEO position. I'll absolutely be upgrading to Win10. I imagine it'll be just as compatible as Win7/8 are.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
34. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 13:32 LiTh

If you do play solo and on your own local server you can set all those arbitrary times to the minimum so you'll do them much much faster then on a normal server.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2015, 03:16 LiTh

This title had me thinking about a drone dive bombing people with medicine filled syringes as they run through the fields...I'll show myself out.  

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo