Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
25. Re: Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 18:01 LiTh

Minuit wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 16:48:
LiTh wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 15:55:
This....Classic/Ironman is the starting difficulty, anything less is carebear mode.

Try the Long War mod. The original game on Impossible is like watching the opening movie compared to Long War.

I have and never completed (still trying), it is truly a challenge (which i really enjoy)! Personally i get excited when i lose at a computer game, it happens so rarely that it really adds to my enjoyment. Most games today i breeze through even on the most difficult settings. Its when i actually lose, over and over, does it finally peak my interest and get my synapses firing that i have a challenge on my hands.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 15:55 LiTh

Slashman wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 14:43:
Flatline wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 14:14:
PHJF wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 10:51:
The human enemies in XCOM are poorly integrated and have almost no scaling. It isn't long before they post no threat whatsoever but nevertheless continually harass XCOM, because pinpointing their base takes an unreasonable amount of time and/or trial and error. It could have been a lot more interesting if the enemy human forces more closely paralleled XCOM in equipment/abilities/tactics.

They hit Tier 2 weapons & upgrades generally speaking.

But yes, usually by the time you find their base unless you get lucky, you're starting into plasma and power armor and it's just a slaughter-fest.

Depends on the difficulty level and second wave options you choose. I play on classic/ironman with several second wave options so it wasn't all a simple cakewalk in my case. Laser weapons aren't completely harmless.

This....Classic/Ironman is the starting difficulty, anything less is carebear mode.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 10:04 LiTh

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:44:

3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 10:03 LiTh

Horse armor or not, this (Xcom2) is the game i've been most looking forward to lately. As for Enemy Within, its worth it IMO.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 06:52 LiTh

1badmf wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 01:19:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 11:39:
So, how are the Cheatriots going to cheat tonight?

hah tomlin's pissed cuz the patriots were jamming the steelers' headset comms during the game.

Radiogate? Ahhh a new NFL season has truly begun.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2015, 17:25 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 14:40:
Man, I had to go get a few xrays and an ultrasound today and now I know what a hooker must feel like. The ultrasound guy was some Rooskie entirely devoid of humour. So as soon as he's done he basically throws me a roll of paper towels to clean up and leave. 'Money's on the dresser, clean up and get out!' I asked if he'd ever seen an alien in his line of work and he looked at me like I was insane. I explained the joke of the film and his job to which he scowled and walked away. Tough crowd.

Hope all is good, as for the 'Patriots' they do nothing but tarnish the game for the last decade and a half. WTH is with Boston sports teams?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2015, 20:45 LiTh

Free weight dumbbell curls normally fixes any odd feeling i have in my dominate hand (and off hand). Also the odd Ibprofen (no more then 1200mg a day, better less then 800mg/d..) does wonders for the odds and ends as i enter into old age. Most of the time strength exercise and a simple anti-inflammatory works for me. That said you shouldnt make a habit of any the IB's or anything else as to keep your kidney's and liver sound.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
17. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 20:29 LiTh

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 13:59:
LiTh wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 07:11:
Egosoft will never, ever, get another dime from me.

Eh, they've done a pretty good job patching this turd up, they gave away some meaty DLC/expansion stuff for free, so it's not a case where they got their money, flipped you off and ran away forever. So I'm willing to look at their next game.

That said, I'm never again pre-ordering another game of theirs. Their next one, if it's any good, I'll get when it's on sale for 20 bucks somewhere.

I get that, but for me the way that they blindly ignored the user base after the immediate release of rebirth and continuously misrepresenting their product before release is unforgivable to me. Egosoft to me was once a promising and respectable developer, and now its a bit worse than the rest.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
13. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 07:11 LiTh

Egosoft will never, ever, get another dime from me.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Act of Aggression Sep 3, 2015, 07:09 LiTh

Kxmode wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:19:
I heard in Windows 10 you can have 10,000 units on screen. How is this possible? I thought the video card did all the work.

Your a bit confused, normally with RTS games its the CPU that has to do all the unit tracking etc, so with Win10 it would (i guess) be through dx12 shoved off onto the GPU which can handle multi-threaded objects much better.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 2, 2015, 15:28 LiTh

Noone wants to see the Bobcats (Hornets), play the Kings on Christmas day.  

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
17. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 11:09 LiTh

Although i'll be sad to miss out on a battlefront game, EA isnt getting any more of my money (and hasnt for the last few years). Your mileage may vary  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2015, 05:21 LiTh

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 02:29:
The only time you would fight against having any GPS tracking ability plugged into your body non stop is if your doing something illegal and therefore a criminal already! /s

They already have those, they're called cell phones.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 18:38 LiTh

Speaking of France...Semper Fi! Good job Marines!  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
25. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2015, 02:59 LiTh

Paranoid Jack wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 23:15:
I'm interested in the X-Com EW Long War mod but not sure I want to subscriber to Nexus at a fee to test it out. Has anyone here played it? Is it worth the fee to get the latest beta? Thanks in advance.

Subbing to nexus isnt a requirement, you can go the free route, just slower download speed if i'm not mistaken.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend Aug 20, 2015, 23:58 LiTh

Ant wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 23:46:
Has it changed much since its free weekend on 3/23/2014?

I've played it a lot the last few months. There's a ton of new heists. Cool thing about them is anyone can join even if you dont have the DLC's. It just takes the DLC to start host your own game. I recommend getting the base game then all the weapon DLC's, then your pretty much set.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
7. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 12:11 LiTh

Cant wait! At first i was sad that Jake Solomon wasnt heading this, but it looks like this new guy is doing it right from what i've seen.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2015, 17:47 LiTh

The Great Filter in relation to The Fermi Paradox is how i explain away the vast size and vast age of the universe with no real contact thus far. I'm sure there's a ridiculous amount of bacteria and microbes and probably some single celled organisms out there. Maybe even a few multi cellular organisms too. However i dont think any of them have ever survived long enough to be able to spread. Which makes it all the more important that we, as a species do just this.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced Aug 14, 2015, 21:31 LiTh

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 19:19:
This sounds incredibly lame, like they're trying to mimic Chris Roberts' whole dog and pony show.

Lets not go crazy here..

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
22. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 04:34 LiTh

I played D2 for a decade (actually more). I played D3 for a month, and what a sad month it was.  

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo