Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 20:19 LiTh

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 19:20:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:48:
Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:17:
Now, get out there and Be The Batman!

When the game reaches 5 bucks, I will.

Yep!!!! They blew it and even if they gave it away to PC players, I would be hesitant. WB should just get out of making any PC game.

They did give it away. I got it for free with one of my cards. Played for about 20 minutes. Laughed hysterically when the fps bottomed out when driving the battank thing. Yeah, what a great bundle game! Show me how with SLI'd 970s I can still achieve single digit fps in a game!

Have textures over 3.5gb of ram?

Too soon?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 25, 2015, 14:55 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 14:53:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:46:
... it has been like 3-4 weeks in a row now... how is Counter Strike:GO still on this list? Who doesn't have CS:GO at this point?

Unless there was a mass banning recently, and cheaters are stockpiling more keys or something.

I don't have CSGO. I used to play CS religiously but I'm done with it.

Same, use to play in a clan pretty regularly. Dont have CS:GO and dont think i ever will unless they give it away for free.

News Comments > Beyond Sol Released
1. Re: Beyond Sol Released Oct 21, 2015, 21:56 LiTh

Looks interesting, anyone here have/play it?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2015, 11:20 LiTh

Pigeon wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 10:22:
They snapped up Hitachi a few years ago as well. Makes sense though WD, to my knowledge, has no Flash based drives. Mechanical drives are still useful as large capacity cheap storage, but its days are numbered.

It actually seems like more of a panic reaction given the Intel-Micron and Dell-EMC deals. If you look at details of the buyout it gets even worse, paying 19billion for SanDisk which is only worth 15billion. I dont think this will end well for Western Digital in the long run. However you might be able to scoop up a little profit on SanDisk's stock (SNDK) over the next 9 months as its currently trading at around 77$ a share and the buyout is for 85-86$ a share. But that has all kinds of hurtles and wont happen until 3q of next year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2015, 21:08 LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 21:00:
LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 16:20:
Never understood the draw about watching baseball. To me its just as boring as Soccor (hard living in Europe). Basketball, Football (American), Rugby, those are entertaining to watch, at least for me.

Basketball is one of the great spectator sports. The court is fairly small, the ball is big and easy to see, there's constant movement and few play stoppages, the players wear little equipment so it's easy to see their facial expressions, it's extremely athletic.

I'm as confused about your post as harlock is about his sexual orientation. Was that a knock against basketball or not?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2015, 20:56 LiTh

harlock wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 17:29:
LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 16:20:
Never understood the draw about watching baseball. To me its just as boring as Soccor (hard living in Europe). Basketball, Football (American), Rugby, those are entertaining to watch, at least for me.

never understood the draw about watching guys play with balls... it was boring as shit when i was a kid, now its just ridiculous on so many levels

but i'll watch a couple guys beat the shit out of each other - thats entertaining... then they can really prove who is the REAL MAN and all that shit

Sounds like you got some real homophobic issues to work out. Good luck with that.

News Comments > Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users
4. Re: Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users Oct 17, 2015, 16:22 LiTh

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 14:47:
Complete pack says it encompasses all past, present and future valve games. Really, future? Perhaps they know something we don't, but with that deal I wish the PC version was delayed a few weeks.

Halflife3 Confirmed Gabe breaking up and selling Valve piece by piece confirmed

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2015, 16:20 LiTh

News Comments > Endless Series Sells 2M
4. Re: Endless Series Sells 2M Oct 16, 2015, 16:56 LiTh

Bundy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:39:
I wish Endless Space had better combat. Very good space 4X otherwise.

That was my gripe about it as well.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 16, 2015, 16:51 LiTh

Satellite Reign on SpaceSector.com.

Thats some beefy hardware... All kidding aside, great game for any old school Syndicate fan

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
38. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:39 LiTh

descender wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:36:
They will not be on 3rd party websites because they will only be released through GFE.

GFE simply downloads and launches a silent install of the same exact driver package the website uses... so after someone downloads it you'll be able to get it from 3rd party sites.

If you were deadset on finding something to complain about then kudos... but you clearly have no idea how the program even works. :p

Thats how it currently works, not how it will work according to the announcement.

36. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:32 LiTh

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:27:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:08:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:28:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:40:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

You're supposed to optionally install it for the latest drivers in the future. It says so in the news.
You could have optionally installed it currently or in the past, like many people have, for easier and more convenient access (one-click-install basically) to the latest drivers. GFE takes up a whooping 3MB of RAM.

Whether you use any of the other features or not is up to you but to criticize features of the program that you are apparently not competent enough to handle is kinda sloppy, man.

Its not going to be optional however. Its going to be mandatory to be able to get the latest drivers. I prefer not using it at all, having the latest drivers, and then using NVInspector if i want something changed for my SLI profile.

Dude. Am I writing Chinese? That's exactly what I wrote. Optional for the latest drivers.
If you don't want to use it, fine, there may be other ways to obtain the drivers for manual installs in the future but GFE is an extremely easy going piece of software.

Don't get me wrong. I dislike the planned e-mail verification, too, but you criticized GFE for something it simply does not even do if set up correctly so I was only defending it against uninformed FUD, not on principle or against the planned changes.
I can optionally set up dozens of e-mail addresses courtesy of my ISP so I will probably use a throwaway address and just keep using GFE for convenience.

Reading comprehension is hard....Lets try again.. Its not going to be possible to get the latest Nvidia drivers without installing GFE. They will not be on 3rd party websites because they will only be released through GFE. Only old quarterly released drivers will be seperated. That is a problem. There is nothing remotely optional about that scheme if you want the updated drivers.

34. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 16:16 LiTh

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 16:08:
LiTh wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:59:
For a power user that typically overclocks their CPU & GPU and takes pride in getting the most performance out of their system this is a slap in the face. GF Experience has only ever under estimated my machine and settings it can handle or just screwed up SLI profiles. Once i uninstalled it i've yet to have a problem since. Typically i only install the driver and Physx, everything else is bloat and only another point of failure.

You call yourself a power user and don't even know that GFE can be set up any way you like with regard to optimal settings (which -yes- are retarded and often times more used to advertise nVidia exclusive features than the best settings for visual quality)?
It is a simple check box where you select whether you want GFE to automatically apply optimal settings or to even recommend them at all. There are a whopping three check boxes total to customize GFE optimal settings any way you like. I hope you can handle that as a self-proclaimed "power user"(?)...

Personally I'm allowing GFE to recommend because I sometimes like to compare their recommended to my actual preferred settings. I'm naturally not allowing automatic application of the recommended settings. That's obviously a setting only for uber n00bs who can not be bothered to go into in-game menus at all.

So i'm suppose to install the program so i can uncheck some boxes which happens to have the same effect as not installing it anyways... Thinking Ya sounds great!

You're supposed to optionally install it for the latest drivers in the future. It says so in the news.
You could have optionally installed it currently or in the past, like many people have, for easier and more convenient access (one-click-install basically) to the latest drivers. GFE takes up a whooping 3MB of RAM.

Whether you use any of the other features or not is up to you but to criticize features of the program that you are apparently not competent enough to handle is kinda sloppy, man.

Its not going to be optional however. Its going to be mandatory to be able to get the latest drivers. I prefer not using it at all, having the latest drivers, and then using NVInspector if i want something changed for my SLI profile.

Here's a link explaining things, since you seem a little slow

32. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 15:59 LiTh

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 13:02 LiTh

Wish him the best, i've enjoyed his channel and hope he gets through this.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
10. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 13:01 LiTh

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:43:

Doesnt seem like any of you guys have actually played the game who are complaining about past DLC.

My 70 hours not enough?

70 hours and still couldnt figure out how it works, i guess not.

22. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 12:40 LiTh

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 12:32 LiTh

Doesnt seem like any of you guys have actually played the game who are complaining about past DLC. The fact is that you could join any of the newly created DLC games and play them for free, the only thing you lacked was being able to host your own games. Thats pretty progressive stance that i've never seen from another company in allowing someone to partisipate and play a DLC without ever buying it. The only DLC that it doesnt hold true is the weapons only ones, which are nice but not needed.

As for this announcement, they've done so much for the community (the one that actually plays the game) that i dont have a problem with this in the least bit.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 12:16 LiTh

@nin Make sure your formatting it as a GPT partition for NTFS and not MBR. That with whatever 3tb software thats appropriate for the drive should do the trick, if that dont work then check up on your latest motherboard drivers for 3tb support.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2015, 22:50 LiTh

Considering NASA is directly responsible for inventing: CAT scans, microchips, cordless tools, freeze dried foods, joysticks, LED's, memory foam, smoke detectors, solar panels, modern water filters, the satellite telecommunication industry, and about a hundred other things, I would say that funding NASA is helping improve things here.  

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo