Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 2025 (Senior)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
29. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 08:10 LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 11:42:
LiTh wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 08:22:
....Orb of Regrets which drop often, and can be bought from vendors refund passive points from the tree.... Seriously so much misinformation about PoE its mind-boggling.
Drop often? Obviously your definition of "often" differs from mine. I have 200+ hours in my main character right now. Now granted, that puts me only slightly above "total noob" in PoE terms, but in those 200+ hours I found about 20 Orbs of Regret. Which to me doesn't seem like many considering the character currently has 100+ passive skill points. And the Orbs of Scouring which can be used to purchase them from the vendor, I have found about twice that number. So the 64 Orbs of Scouring for 40 Orbs of Regret isn't likely to be available to me in the near future.

After every big patch (every 3months pretty much) they give an entire free character skill reset....If you have problems with currency dropping i'd recommend aiming for more increased rarity mod on your gear.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2017, 08:22 LiTh

....Orb of Regrets which drop often, and can be bought from vendors refund passive points from the tree.... Seriously so much misinformation about PoE its mind-boggling.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 17, 2017, 20:27 LiTh

MajorD wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 17:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 11:48:
All 13 windows phone users are steaming mad.

I have 1 of those 13 Windows Phones (Lumia 950XL). Don't knock them until you try it (if you haven't). I've used iPhones and Androids; each one has there positives and negatives, but I've liked the WP the best. I have/use the whole ecosystem, so everything (phone, Surface, desktop) communicates and syncs nicely. It baffles me it isn't more popular than a 3% market share.

Rumor around the virtual camp fire is that the MS Surface team has been working on a 'Surface Phone' that will - supposedly - have x86 architecture. If they can't/don't make any (enough) headway with this, I think they'll be done in the mobile market.

This, over in Europe they are more popular (and in India from what i read). I have a cheap 640xl that i bought for 100$ after my flagship 500$ android phone died on me. Its been way better than any android or iphone i've ever had, which have all been flagship phones. My wife rocks the 950 and loves hers as well. All I care about on my phone is maps/internet/translation/office/camera, and it does all those things better than android or iphone. I dont care about social apps or games on my phone, and if i want one then I load it on my android tablet at home.

As for them stopping updates for older phones, its no different than samsung/htc/sony/apple stopping updates to their older phones. Personally I'm really looking forward to the Surface phones.

24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2017, 08:15 LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 19:38:
LiTh wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 19:11:
Getting level 40 in poe is like just finishing act 2 in D3.
Well, in fairness, it's probably about like getting to Act 2 in Nightmare, but yeah...

It takes me about 5 hours to get to level 40. Of course I know what i'm doing so perhaps thats longer for others. For D3 season 10, I felt (although didnt count) it took around that long to get to the middle of act 2. Maybe I'm a lot slower in d3 than I am in PoE though...

22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2017, 19:11 LiTh

Regarding the no classes, ascendancy's are pretty much your classes and are definitely build defining. As for collecting scrap in d3, you can craft good weapons really easily with essences or just currency orbs (especially while leveling) if things just dont drop for you. The problem I have is that people are sleeping on such a great game and just spout all kinds of misinformation about it. I guess why even care so much is that GGG (Grinding Gear Games) is pretty amazing with its support and inclusion of its community. They set the standard for how a free to play game should be with its ethical transactions no pay to win, all content open for everyone. Its the only free to play game I've actually ever liked and for my tastes, easily beats 'pay to play' games.

If you dont like it, then you dont like it. However you should actually try it before you make that determination. Getting level 40 in poe is like just finishing act 2 in D3.

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 12:00 LiTh

descender wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 11:24:
its almost uniformly from people who've never given it more than a few hours of playtime, which is a real shame

There is nothing innately impressive about the skill tree in PoE, and the game allows for respeccing so there is practically zero difference between that and the way D3 handles builds except for tedium and time.

There isn't a single feature in PoE that actually makes the game more fun to play than any other generic ARPG other than the price tag.

Proving my point. PoE's 'skill tree' is completely passive with the exception of a few skill jewels. Its skills come from the gems that you mix and match in combinations (literally hundreds of combinations for a single skill) that change how the skills work. Add to that uniques/jewels that also can modify skills and the best crafting/currency system I've ever seen and you get something quite unique. I've played D3 quite a bit, I'm currently playing season 10, but it is more to wind down and decompress. D3 classes and skills require zero brain input, whereas PoE's builds and mechanics and pathing require a large investment of time and brain power. PoE's mechanics are certainly not friendly to the new player, that much is for sure.

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 18:31 LiTh

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 18:23:
POE plays like shit and looks like shit
POE is a boring shit fest.

Diablo 3 is fun and made by a professional company with great content and combat

POE is a free to play shit game with retarded micro transactions and lame ass story that Blizzard haters gravitate toward to say they are "cool"

Im noticing a trend with SHIT and POE

You sound like you've never played the game. The micro transactions are all cosmetic based (no pay to win), not that they are even needed. As for plays like shit I'd just say that you've never actually leveled up a character, as there is a VAST difference between a level 1/10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80+ char (which by the way you can reach level 80 in about 20hours of playtime if you know what your doing). The amount of skill combinations and pathing nodes is what lends people to compare it to Diablo2. I see PoE get hated on all the time on Blue's and its almost uniformly from people who've never given it more than a few hours of playtime, which is a real shame. As its by far the most complex and rewarding ARPG out there.

If you want to turn off your brain, play Diablo3. If you want a great single player experience that looks like the original Diablo1 in its grittyness play Grim Dawn. If you want to play the most indepth and Diablo2-esque spiritual successor play PoE.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 16:17 LiTh

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 16:07:
Path of exile is about to release 6 new acts.

Diablo 3 is releasing a rehashed class.

Path of exile is free.

Diablo 3 is still overpriced.

Love me some PoE, it truely is the successor to Diablo2.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's CYBERPUNK TM
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2017, 10:23 LiTh

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 09:51:
Not cool, regardless of how they try to 'splain it. Why not a TM for "Cyberpunk 2077" the video game? Once again this just shows how drastically the USPTO needs to be overhauled.

Perhaps so they can have a sequel and have already bought the rights to past Cyberpunk #### content?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2017, 08:04 LiTh

Holy Shnikes that Scottrade article....So glad I dont use them for my brokerage.  

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:16 LiTh

Pretty awesome, although I really wish Ironclad would make a sequel.  

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 29, 2017, 14:23 LiTh

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 13:35:

Where's Warcraft? it only launched the entire RTS genre.

As an RTS fan going back to the beginning, Nope....nope nope nope.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2017, 14:06 LiTh

....Mount & Blade 2?.....no?....sigh...  

News Comments > Afghanistan '11 Released
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2017, 08:57 LiTh

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:44:
Yep....definitely too soon.

Couldnt agree more.

News Comments > Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2017, 03:29 LiTh

Boston huh? I hope their new games are all wicked-smart.  

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2017, 04:50 LiTh

Awesome, by far the most advanced ARPG there is. GGG really deserves the support they've gotten.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2017, 09:00 LiTh

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 00:39:
Works fine with a non SSD hard drive and a 1070.

I'm betting that the minimums have more to do with VRAM than anything else, just whoever wrote the min. specs down didnt quite understand (or test it).

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 13:11 LiTh

You guys know you can get paid to do this in real life right?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2017, 15:49 LiTh

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 11:51:
Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 14:18:
Another 2 years fucking around and no milestones. I don't know how people can give Roberts shit compared to stuff like this, at least Roberts is actually producing content semi-regularly.

True. On the flipside, it's $190K vs $140M.

Not to mention there's more studios working on the vaporware that is SC than their are people working on LT

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2017, 06:02 LiTh

Graham wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 02:25:
nin wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 20:44:
Jay Wilson!? "Fuck that loser"!

This is why the gaming community at large is so damned toxic. The guy sits down to do an honest post mortem and the first reply is a fucking meme.

Grow up.

A meme? More like a direct quote.

2025 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo