Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LiTh

Real Name LiTh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LiTh
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 26, 2008, 09:31
Total Comments 2047 (Senior)
User ID 46370

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch League Details
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2017, 02:05 LiTh

Thats actually very cool! This seems like a big win for eSports.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2017, 02:02 LiTh

This is typical of Russia, which it's entire history can be summed up with this phrase: 'And then things got worse.'  

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 09:55 LiTh

Goodbye free time....

Having played the beta I'm very excited about this. Hell just the minimap alone is 3.0 moniker worthy

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2017, 09:34 LiTh

DrSquick wrote on Jul 15, 2017, 23:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2017, 14:37:
I think they're vastly overestimating the importance of Whole Foods and its impact.

“This transaction occurs during a long period of economic concentration that has already caused a decline in workers' wages and mobility,” the congressman wrote, “essentially allowing a small number of monopolists to hoard the ‘fruit of economic growth.’ ”

And it would be funny a republican congressman is saying this if it wasn't so sad.

Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't understand why Amazon bought Whole Foods. Is it to bolster their Amazon Pantry offering? I don't think so, because they don't need brick and mortar stores to do that. Is it to offer a brick and mortar spot to buy "Amazon Goods?" That doesn't seem right either, because that's not their target audience.

I feel like this is probably the biggest thing that will happen in a decade, and I just don't get why Amazon paid so much for WF!

Cold storage and transfer infrastructure was mentioned i've read.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 17:21 LiTh

I'm not one for Government control, but when it comes to Nuclear Power plants, I dont think it benefits the public (especially in the surrounding area) to have private companies running these things. Nuclear power can absolutely be safe, it just needs a lot more eyes on it. We dont need a knee jerk reaction like Germany did (which was the dumbest thing ever considering their neighbor France is the biggest producer of Nuclear power on the planet).  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 17:16 LiTh

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 15:50:
LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:03:
They should double its price to take advantage of the games popularity.

I wonder if they did do that, would their sales drop in half? Or would they have as much momentum behind them if they had a larger price from the beginning?

Fairly certain they have undertaken significant price analysis research. Not sure if price/sales would be linear, especially given popularity/quality etc. That is where surveys would help them.

How much do you think that costs? Do you think that would be even viable for a brand new dev/company (dev has experience, but this is his first venture on his own so to speak).

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 15:10 LiTh

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 13:25:
LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:39:
I wonder if they did do that, would their sales drop in half? Or would they have as much momentum behind them if they had a larger price from the beginning?
It would probably be a net loss for them. Squandering a great deal of consumer good will and a loss of sales results in a smaller playerbase.... At ~$30 there's room for plenty of impulse buys, at $60, not so much.

I think thats where I lean towards as well.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 11:40 LiTh

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:28:
I'm pretty damn close to buying it for the sake of buying it.

You and me both, the peer pressure from my friends on this one is pretty absurd. From what I've seen I think we'd get our money's worth. I just have a problem with rewarding games in EA.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 11:39 LiTh

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
29. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2017, 18:12 LiTh

Agreed, 7DTD is tons of awesomeness, and leagues beyond Ark (just maybe not in the graphics department, but one of the biggest problems with Ark is the lack of optimization). I can absolutely recommend 7DTD if it even seems remotely up your alley.  

News Comments > TransRoad: USA Details
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2017, 17:56 LiTh

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 12:13:
I'm still playing ATS myself. Which is really weird. I know the California freeways pretty well and driving from Sacramento to LA in 20 minutes still makes me twitch. I mean... the Grapevine takes like 2 minutes to drive through. It's kind of surreal.

Maybe ETS would work better for me since I don't have preconceptions baked into my skull from a lifetime of driving around California.

Wait let me get this straight, you grew up around the 10, 110, 101, 405, 605, freeways like i did, and you actually want to drive more (in a video game no less)? People's masochistic tendency's amazes me.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2017, 06:42 LiTh

Gross ...not Net...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2017, 04:43 LiTh

Looks at PC....xray vision to my broadwell....feelsgoodman  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:11 LiTh

Let me know when its out of EA.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:09 LiTh

Not a CoD fan but CoD4:MW by the (original) Infinity Ward is what really propelled the series. Its engine would go on to be used (and abused) by the inept treyarch to death. After the original IW dev's left (screwed by Activision) the series went down hill. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but for me this is the best there is for FPS hands down. The single player campaign was still the most memorable of all (fps) time. I'm not a hater, so i'm going to check this out, as for any other CoD, doesnt meet the standard of the past devs.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 00:03 LiTh

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 21:20:
Although intense, a coke high is short lived.

That explains a lot from your posts

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rises Next Week
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2017, 22:12 LiTh

I'm a PoE type of guy (cant wait for 3.0!), but having played the necro for free in beta I can say its easily the most fun I've had in d3. Its expensive but if your on the fence I think you should go for it.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 13, 2017, 17:56 LiTh

Really looking forward to this, just release sometime soon please!  

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 10, 2017, 13:52 LiTh

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 10, 2017, 04:26:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 10, 2017, 02:42:

This already exists and it is called Star Trek New Horizons.

It's missing a lot of stuff, is still very broken, and causes huge stability problems. All of which are acknowledged as problems, especially in it's 0.9 alpha state. Couple of more years and it'll be good.

Edit: Oops my mistake, thought you were commenting on the base game and not the Star Trek Mod.

Basically gist of what i said was that I have 176 hours in Stellaris and its my favorite 4x game.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2017, 16:10.

News Comments > NBA 2K18 Shaq Attack
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 9, 2017, 06:36 LiTh

Ant wrote on May 8, 2017, 21:11:
Hilarious. I wonder if Kobe and Shaq are still mad at each other from their Lakers days.

As a life long laker fan, I'm happy to say that they arent. Shaq often refers to Kobe as the greatest scorer of all time. They've both said they've patched things up. Shaq goes on to say that he also regrets leaving the Lakers as they could of won 3-4 more championships together quite easily in their careers. A telling moment was Shaq at Kobe's last game and his look of amazement and awe of Kobe dropping 60 when Shaq teased him that 'he has to get me 50'.

2047 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo