User information for D-Rock

Real Name
D-Rock
Nickname
D-Rock
Email
Concealed by request
Description
Old school gamer in search of innovation and new ideas -- a rarity in the gaming industry these days.
Homepage
None given.
Signed On
February 9, 2008
Supporter
-
Total Posts
260 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

260 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Re: Into the Black
Jan 14, 2021, 11:28
Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2021, 11:28
Jan 14, 2021, 11:28

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2021, 20:32:
I really hope that her shunning of science had nothing to do with her death.

Why am I not surprised that an actor bought into the pseudoscience that is naturopathy?

The vast majority of the Hollywood sheep are friggin' morons. Scientology, Paltrow's 'goop' brand, etc. It boggles the mind that such a 'respected' subset of the population is so poorly educated and arrogant enough to think they actually contribute something to society besides the luxury item we call entertainment. The political BS they've been spewing lately makes them look even dumber. It's just a 'hate Trump' bandwagon (or a minority of 'love Trump').

There are some exceptions but they are few and far between. They are the least essential workers in the world yet present themselves as saviors of society. The complete lack of quality content lately speaks volumes of what they have actually been capable of during the pandemic.

Re: Into the Black
Jan 13, 2021, 09:05
Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2021, 09:05
Jan 13, 2021, 09:05

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 21:02:
I want to start an 80s synth band called The Quasars and write songs about black holes n' stuff.

Badass.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jan 12, 2021, 09:00
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2021, 09:00
Jan 12, 2021, 09:00

Mike1233 wrote on Jan 12, 2021, 08:08:
I've found it really easy to find fluff and entertainment on Google, but specific research topics and developed articles are harder to find. More and more of the biggest information and media services are slowly progressing towards... providing disposable information at a rapid pace? At some point that I think that engagement might be so large that niche interests will become even less profitable and manageable. Sucks.

Follow the money...it will get you there ^ every time. The real blame lies with the mindless drones that gobble that stuff up...

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Jan 11, 2021, 08:42
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 11, 2021, 08:42
Jan 11, 2021, 08:42

Saboth wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 14:14:
If we go that route, then I'd also argue Fox, Newsmax, OANN, and the others need massive oversight and regulation. If you purport to be news, you should employ journalists with actual degrees and experience in journalism, be held to some kind of journalistic standards, have to provide at least some kind of sources for your "stories" (other than "some people believe"), etc. Hell, we also need to bring back the Fairness Doctrine that Reagan scrapped that paved the way for these political propaganda outlets.

What you've described is an issue that applies to all media. Prior to the election the left media constantly cited 'anonymous sources' for their big 'stories'. An anonymous source is not a source. That's just one example of the left's integrity issues. If you want to regulate it has to apply to everyone.

Good luck finding actual fact checkers that are not biased though...

Re: Sunday Consolidation
Jan 11, 2021, 08:29
Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 11, 2021, 08:29
Jan 11, 2021, 08:29

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 11, 2021, 00:13:
But then I don't have a particularly myopic political axe to grind and therefore use a general plurality of "people" instead of a specific singular example.

Yet you felt the need to mention the right-wing hate groups anyway. Virtue signal much?

There are groups on both sides of the fence that threaten the rights of American citizens on a daily basis. None of it is acceptable and it's getting really old.

Re: Saturday Multiplex
Jan 10, 2021, 12:38
Re: Saturday Multiplex Jan 10, 2021, 12:38
Jan 10, 2021, 12:38

Simon Says wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 17:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 15:48:
I got to the 2 min mark and turned it off. It's just a clickbait video that has quite a bit of opinion and not so many facts.

Maybe it's because the facts were AFTER the 2 minutes mark?

It is 24 minutes long after all. 2 minutes in is just still in the intro. What did you expect?

I can tell you what I didn't expect: a 24 minute documentary with 2 minutes of content.

Jan 8, 2021, 14:07
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 14:07
Jan 8, 2021, 14:07

Choobeastia wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 12:53:

Agreed, but getting him out of office prevents him from using the powers of said office. He can't pardon any of the insurrectionists, or use the presidency as a soapbox from which to speak to his cultists. It won't fix things, and of course the cultists can continue on their own, but it can limit the damage he can do, which seems important. As it is, the US has proven rather resilient, considering the hubris infecting him and so many others in power.

Waste of taxpayer money to even attempt impeachment or 25th amendment. With the amount of time he has left in office the chance of them even completing an attempt is miniscule. Enough of my tax dollars were wasted on the first impeachment attempt already.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:57
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 11:57
Jan 8, 2021, 11:57

Choobeastia wrote on Jan 8, 2021, 11:08:
This also isn't over. It is important that we get Trump out of office ASAP, because the Q crowd are still planning things based off of his latest speech on Parler.

Do you really think getting Trump out of office will change anything? Expect at least 4 years of their antics. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

removed
Jan 8, 2021, 09:41
removed Jan 8, 2021, 09:41
Jan 8, 2021, 09:41

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jan 8, 2021, 10:06. Reason: Personal attacks (rule 1)

Re: Out of the Blue
Jan 7, 2021, 16:36
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2021, 16:36
Jan 7, 2021, 16:36

NKD wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 16:25:
Yesterday was not normal. Yesterday was not the equivalent of someone breaking some windows, or even the equivalent of setting fire to an empty police station.

Of course - they are two different things.

2020 normalized violence and property destruction. No one should be surprised at what happened yesterday. Someone decided to raise the bar.

The protests that devolved into riots last year did not result in only property destruction, but violence too. They were a template for what's to come if our politicians don't wake the F up.

Jan 7, 2021, 16:17
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2021, 16:17
Jan 7, 2021, 16:17

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 14:32:
I think more than angry, if I was American, I'd be embarrassed by what happened yesterday, humiliated more like.

A lot of us stopped being embarrassed along time ago. 2020 was a year of riots in major cities across the country. Those of us without a short memory remember when politicians on the left also encouraged protesting and the end result was the same. Things start out peaceful and noisy but soon after deteriorate into violence and property destruction.

Anyone who didn't see this coming is a moron. The right finally hit their boiling point and the end result is no surprise.

Meanwhile, the majority of our politicians go through the usual routine of expressing some form of moral outrage and then move on like nothing happened. Tomorrow they'll go back to taking care of their own best interests since they are comfortable and have no interest in meeting the needs of the people they supposedly represent. The system is broken -- expect to see more of what happened on 1/6.

Jul 17, 2020, 12:49
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2020, 12:49
Jul 17, 2020, 12:49

Blue please get the Quake logo tattoo. It's safe to say that it's part of your identity and I don't think you'll regret it. Plus, it's badass. I came close to getting it (and I still might) but I don't deserve it nearly as much as you do. I'd go so far as to say you deserve it even more than the id software developers that made the game, as there were already major rifts within the company during development and none of them has gone on to become the Quake evangelist you are today (Romero is probably a close second though).

Someone please start a gofundme to pay for it. I'll contribute. Maybe get it in blue to match BluesNews? That would make it unique.

This site was born from Quake -- DO IT!!!

Re: Saturday Interviews
Jul 6, 2020, 11:27
Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 6, 2020, 11:27
Jul 6, 2020, 11:27

jdreyer wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 16:22:
When you or I go out for drinks, the cost is a factor in how much we drink. That factor was removed from the equation for her. Chris was getting her free drinks and encouraging her. His intent is obvious here. That's not to say she doesn't have responsibility.

Cost has nothing to do with the accusation and I'm sure he can more than afford what's required to get this woman drunk. If he truly is the predator in this case then I think it's safe to say that money would not be an issue.

jdreyer wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 16:22:
And if this had just been a single incident, nothing would have happened. But Chris was the instigator here. He took specific actions with an intent for a certain outcome. He's done this so many times that he's been banned from some conventions. It's a pattern, and even if it's not technically illegal, it's super-creepy, and well within a company's right to terminate business with him. Which is exactly what happened.

I understand why he was terminated and when you look at the big picture he completely deserved it. He's creepy, predatory, and bad for business. My point is that the person this article is the focus of has a really weak story and she shouldn't be the one with the stand out story that gets him called out on a larger scale. Heck, there's even mention in the article of others that encountered much worse interactions with him. They are the ones that should be in the spotlight, not Karissa from the article. Her lame-ass story is not going to convince someone who's out of the loop that Avellone is a bad guy. The article should be about his pattern of behavior, not her questionable recollection of two adults being dumb.

Jul 5, 2020, 09:59
Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 5, 2020, 09:59
Jul 5, 2020, 09:59

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 08:54:
There's always the other side of the coin and you won't know what really happened there. Unless there's hard evidence... Is there?

There are no reliable witnesses here and no security footage so no, there is no evidence at all.

She admitted to being "black out" drunk so there's no telling how much she actually remembered. The two friends that were with them also stepped away like most decent people do while in the presence of PDAs so they can't be considered witnesses either.

Jul 5, 2020, 09:52
Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 5, 2020, 09:52
Jul 5, 2020, 09:52

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2020, 21:02:
1) Chris was plying her with free drinks on his company dime, so cost as a limiting factor was not present.
2) He was plying her with Midori sours, a drink of strong flavors that masks the alcohol so you're unaware of how strong the drink is or how much alcohol you're consuming.

Both are weak points that would not enhance the article or further support your argument.

1) She chose to drink what he gave her. She even said "I drink very quickly when I'm thirsty". Yeah...so does every other human being on the planet. Except most of them are not morons and drink WATER instead of alcohol.
2) Midori sour is not a strong drink.

He's a creep, she's an idiot, and they are both adults. Bad decisions were made by both of them that night. When she asked him to stop, HE STOPPED. This was not assault -- he was just a creep who couldn't read the room and she is using the current political climate for her 15 minutes of fame. The fact that she takes no responsibility for any of the stupid decisions made that night speaks volumes about her maturity level and does nothing to bolster any arguments against toxic and unsafe environments in the workplace. Her heart is in the right place but even if he does have a reputation of questionable behavior her story is not the one to tell to put him in his place.

Jun 30, 2020, 14:51
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2020, 14:51
Jun 30, 2020, 14:51

Drayth wrote on Jun 30, 2020, 11:22:
For me, Force Awakens was passable. It didn't fall flat on it's face, and was a decent jumping off point.

I enjoyed it and was very optimistic of the quality of the next two sequels. I was wrong.

Last Jedi just spit all over the lore. Fin suddenly knows how to pilot ships. Hux goes from being Kylo's peer amongst the first order to a complete comic buffoon. Then there was the real world parallels; prank cell phone call joke, war profiteering and animal rights worming their way into the plot. Ugh. Plenty of other issues.

When I saw the green unpasturized alien creature boobie milk scene I knew the series was doomed. And the porgs? Suddenly Chewie is an indifferent a**hole that is just fine with eating a family member of this cute harmless creature -- right in front of it?

Kind of a waste of the new actors as well. I thought they were all great, just trapped in this horrible story arc.

John Boyega was a total spaz throughout the entire sequel trilogy. He is quite the overactor.

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Jun 28, 2020, 08:53
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 28, 2020, 08:53
Jun 28, 2020, 08:53

Beamer wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 16:31:
What was the last post Cutter made in which he wasn't offended and outraged?

Until you stop encouraging him it will be every post he makes.

Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag
Jun 28, 2020, 08:38
Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag Jun 28, 2020, 08:38
Jun 28, 2020, 08:38

deqer wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 18:14:
"Our goal is to appease to mobs so that we can continue making money off them."

Yep. Everyone is a kiss-ass these days. It's almost always to maintain a reputation and / or prevent the disruption of income.

The stuff we see on the news every day? 98% of it is just entertainment for the masses that *think* they are being well-informed. Oh and guess what...the entertainers make lots of money off it too!

Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag
Jun 28, 2020, 08:33
Re: Forza Bans the Confederate Flag Jun 28, 2020, 08:33
Jun 28, 2020, 08:33

Beamer wrote on Jun 27, 2020, 16:27:
In some ancient cultures, pooping on someone was considered socially acceptable. I'd somehow doubt you'd allow me to, though

My wife? Maybe. But you? Hell no. What comes out of your mouth is bad enough. I'm sure what comes out of your ass is the stuff of nightmares that you'd have in hell.

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 12:01
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 12:01
Jun 23, 2020, 12:01

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 10:16:

"You could slap your secretary on the ass and she'd find it funny! These days, when you tell a woman that she's gained too much weight for you to date but you'd certainly give her a roll in the hay, she gets offended. When you tell a black man that your grandpappy used to own people like him, he gets angry. Why can't we go back to the good old days when white men could say and do whatever they wanted and everyone else had to laugh or else? We need to go back to that! Make America Great Again. For white people to not have to be polite or respectful, yet everyone else needs to towards us!"

You missed the point entirely. Off-color jokes (within reason), compliments, and asking someone out all fall under reasonable social interactions and don't fall into the blatantly negative category you provided examples for above. The problem is that there are too many morons that can't read the room and totally miss the mark on the target audience. That's why nobody with half a brain does that anymore. It's a good way to lose a job, get doxxed, death threats, etc. People are too stupid and sensitive these days.
260 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older