Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for D-Rock

Real Name D-Rock   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname D-Rock
Email Concealed by request
Description Old school gamer in search of innovation and new ideas -- a rarity in the gaming industry these days.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 9, 2008, 23:41
Total Comments 205 (Novice)
User ID 46185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 13, 2019, 11:51 D-Rock

NKD wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 11:36:

Do they think it involves a hippopotamus or something?

I always thought a hippo mascot would be a good icon for HIPAA awareness, but maybe not since it would likely result in PEOPLE MISPELLING THE ACRONYM!!!!!

<runs out door and jumps off cliff>

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2019, 10:43 D-Rock

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 23:17:
Everyone at the hospital has been super friendly and even though Iím not technically a family member HIPPA has never come into play.

It's HIPAA!!! Not HIPPA!!!

I work in the healthcare industry and this drives me nuts. Even some of the people I work with do this. Do it once and you'll never hear the end of it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 09:59 D-Rock

NKD wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 09:22:
Can we have social media screening for POTUS candidates too?

We do -- it's called the voters.

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2019, 08:15 D-Rock

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 19:23:
wastelines are breathing a sigh of relief

"Wastelines"? Is that like the line to the restroom or something?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2019, 08:35 D-Rock

This law suit is a joke. Comcast doesn't want the 'of-color' owned channels being pushed as part of their standard package because they are crap. Race has nothing to do with it.

Out of the 9 channels available through the network in question, only two had enough viewership to even register in the Nielsen ratings (which were abysmally low). Comcast isn't even giving them the time of day because they don't make money. End of story.

The fact that MLK's daughter is getting involved in this is disrespectful to him. This is not what he fought for and she is misusing his accomplishments for some time in the spotlight.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

18. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 15:02 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:47:

You make yourself a victim here all the time.

Remember when you said that the only thing keeping you from committing suicide or homicide is the ability to call 14 year olds the F word?

Class act, sir. As always.

You are quite the class act yourself sir. You 'act' classy all the time but fool no one except yourself.

You pull out the whataboutism only when it fits your agenda and I'm calling that BS out. Stay on topic.

16. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:34 D-Rock

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:28:
Redeye is the wokest of the woke, which makes him superior to all of you, including myself.

Ironic that he has decided to be a member of the "elite" versus help wake me up. I guess I'm not worthy of the education.

14. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 14:08 D-Rock

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 14:01:
As long as people like yourself exist it will never be mission accomplished.

Can you elaborate on that? What type of person are you claiming I am?

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2019, 13:47 D-Rock

theglaze wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 12:31:
CBD or THC: Common Drug Test Canít Tell the Difference.

I've often wondered about this, using CBD for pain relief is very common, and operating heavy machinery or a car should be fine. I equate the effects to an Advil. But I guess Officer Joe could throw the book at anyone caught in the act....?

The problem is that in the interest of safety Joe will assume that it's THC. There are some pretty potent THC gummies out there and with the growing demand you have a lot of people that don't understand edibles metabolize differently than smoking. It's kind of like alcohol for some people. Once they realize they are f*cked up it's too late -- they've already consumed to much. Everyone reacts differently and sometimes it's not good. Those are the people you don't want operating machinery.

Even though that stuff is legal in some states you can still get a DUI if you overdo it.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2019, 13:28 D-Rock

NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 11:56:
My new favorite subreddit is /r/fragilewhiteredditor

Seriously -- that's your favorite? Trust me, there are better ones out there. Don't waste your time.

NKD wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 11:56:
It's fucking hilarious. Post after post highlighting people who are talking about how difficult it is to be a straight white man.

Difficult, or just sick of hearing about all this unproductive crap? Equality does not mean making someone's life more difficult just because they are a majority race+gender. The demonizing of the white Christian male is getting old really fast and it doesn't help any demographic. There's been plenty of progress made within the last decade. If people don't stop to enjoy that progress and be happy about it -- then they will never be happy -- just angry all the time. At what point is the mission accomplished?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2019, 12:30 D-Rock

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 12:23:
The user comments on the Tesla death story are hilarious. "That dad and his son must be liberals" is the consistent sentiment. I'm not sure political affiliation has anything to do with trying to game our Torts system.

Either I'm getting old or it seems like people try and bring politics into everything these days. Especially on the internet. With some people it seems like it's a hobby. Are they really exercising their right to have an opinion or are they just stirring sh*t up just to have a little drama for entertainment?

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 12:00 D-Rock

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 11:43:
Games are not going to get smaller. news at 11

I didn't read the article. The headline was enough to turn me away. It's idiotic.

Of course games are going to get bigger. Storage will also grow in size at a similar rate. What is there to be 'scared' of?!?

I'm so tired of crappy journalism -- but I guess it's just Kotaku being Kotaku...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 11, 2019, 10:52 D-Rock

Simon Says wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 23:54:
That article about pick up artists featuring an Arab as an example of the pick up artist community's dark side is hilarious propaganda.

I dabbed in that community about a bit more than a decade ago, it was mostly white males

OK -- enough with the race crap. Creeps come in all races, religions, shapes, and sizes. You should be more concerned about the fact that you 'dabbled' in something so repulsive.

The best way to get laid is to better yourself in positive ways. Hopefully you learned that in the past ten years or so.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2019, 11:19 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:05:
D-Rock wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 11:01:
Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 08:41:

Funny's not sad. It's just always entertaining to see people aging and complaining that the generation behind them is lesser, when the reality is the person complaining doesn't understand them and the younger generation is adapting better to the current world. It speeds how quickly those aging individuals become irrelevant.

While I don't disagree with you, I think you're missing the point. BTW your response reeks of 'better than them' -- like most of your posts on Blue's News (and anywhere else I assume).

Jonjonz's call out definitely is worthy of pause and contemplation and anyone with half a brain will not write it off as 'better than <insert name of demographic>'. The 'glued to their phone generation' is not a healthy generation. Obesity is up, mental health is more of a problem than ever, dependence on chemical solutions is ridiculous, and the motivation to better one's self is a joke. Google it. People often claim that the human race is doomed due to climate change, but no one stops to think about how they can improve society in better, more attainable ways by improving themselves. The concept that the meek will inherit the earth is BS. The 1% are the only ones that will survive. The next generation is f*cked.

Yes, and we were the glued to the computer generation. People building computers were basement dwellers.

Your other points have nothing to do with whether this generation is less motivated or curious than ours. Simply put, they're not playing around with computers because they don't need to. We did. They don't. They're still doing things we never did, but their motivation is different, and their curiosity is elsewhere, because what's inside a computer isn't new anymore. There are literally no new developments.

The basement dwellers were more socially relevant and generally healthier -- because we engaged in recreation beyond our devices. The concept of never leaving the house and sitting in front of the computer is a farce. It's a stereotype that consisted of a very small percentage of the desktop demographic. The tools have evolved to a point where laziness is encouraged and rewarded. The current generation is a generation that is addicted to convenience.

The fact that you call out that there are no new developments proves my point.

I don't understand why you even post here any more. You live in your own little bubble. Read your post history and pause to truly think about it. If you take the time to reflect on it I think you'll understand that most people here don't 'get' you. And no, it's not because you are capable of higher thought than the rest...

EDIT: Used a word that I didn't understand the meaning of and replaced it with something that makes more sense (after looking the word up).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2019, 11:01 D-Rock

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 08:41:

Funny's not sad. It's just always entertaining to see people aging and complaining that the generation behind them is lesser, when the reality is the person complaining doesn't understand them and the younger generation is adapting better to the current world. It speeds how quickly those aging individuals become irrelevant.

While I don't disagree with you, I think you're missing the point. BTW your response reeks of 'better than them' -- like most of your posts on Blue's News (and anywhere else I assume).

Jonjonz's call out definitely is worthy of pause and contemplation and anyone with half a brain will not write it off as 'better than <insert name of demographic>'. The 'glued to their phone generation' is not a healthy generation. Obesity is up, mental health is more of a problem than ever, dependence on chemical solutions is ridiculous, and the motivation to better one's self is a joke. Google it. People often claim that the human race is doomed due to climate change, but no one stops to think about how they can improve society in better, more attainable ways by improving themselves. The concept that the meek will inherit the earth is BS. The 1% are the only ones that will survive. The next generation is f*cked.

39. removed Oct 6, 2019, 11:08 D-Rock

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 6, 2019, 11:12.

News Comments > Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford

3. Re: Bobby Prince Sues Valve, Gearbox, and Randy Pitchford Sep 30, 2019, 11:59 D-Rock

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 11:34:
Took him 3 years to find a scummy lawyer that would take his case, gotta admire his persistance.

Huh? Scummy? Prince owns the rights -- he is entitled to some form of compensation. A legitimate, respectable lawyer could take this case too -- it doesn't require an ambulance chaser...

News Comments > Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free

19. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 27, 2019, 09:33 D-Rock

InTIMidator wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:14:
I've got a growing collection of these free games. Some I don't even have on Steam and so will be playing them for the first time on the Epic Games Launcher. How does it compare to Steam? Does it have achievements and cloud save? Can I start a game on my desktop and continue on my laptop?

I'm sorry -- are you sure you belong here at Blue's News?

<grumble, grumble; yells at cloud/>

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 6, 2019, 10:22 D-Rock

Now, she argues, itís families and the children who watch those videos who will suffer. ďIf people stop making content thatís intended for children, itís because theyíre not going to be able to support themselves and make money making that content,Ē Hunter said.
So let me get this straight. YouTube viewers will "suffer" because they don't have access to content?
Laugh2

And people who previously found a way to make a living off of YouTube will suddenly have to get a real job because the market doesn't have enough demand for this "service" they once provided? Oh...I feel sooooooooo sorry for them. That real world wakeup call will be traumatic!!!

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2019, 08:36 D-Rock

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 10:51:
Meritocracy is definitely the wrong choice of word. What he means is plutocracy.

Thank you for calling this out. I thought I was losing my mind when I read the headline, and even more when I read the article.

Meritocracy ruining sports says "High school sports are bad because not everyone gets a trophy" to me.

Then you read the article and it's all about how the rich have an advantage in sports? Ummm...wouldn't success in sports based on merit fix the problem he's calling out in the article content?

Who made this guy a staff writer? His lack of ability to even comprehend the definition of a key word in the headline tells me he's not the least bit qualified for the job. The only logical explanation is...clickbait.

205 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >