Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 122 (Novice)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Meridian: New World Announced
2. Re: Meridian: New World Announced Jul 28, 2013, 17:56 Brazor

Usually does at first....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
64. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:14 Brazor

"Looks" nice.
If they keep the pattern going then I'll wait till after the console versions are out and potentially nab the PC one. After all the bugs are known (not necessarily fixed).

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2013, 17:44.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deadpool
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deadpool Jun 26, 2013, 07:06 Brazor

They seem to got the humor right. There are gags that break the flow but still fit in. Replay value is low though. You can extend that a bit by erasing your upgrades and play the game like a first play through.
I bought it on Steam and use a controller and it plays fine. Yeah the camera can be in a bad spot. But that's normal.
Buy at release price? Hard to say. I think it's a discount buy for sure. It looks like I'll beat my first pass through at the 7 to 8 hour mark.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
18. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 11:07 Brazor

Just make Warcraft 4. Set it to start 3 expansions from now then. Then use that as a baseboard for WoW2.
Just leave China out and you won't have to worry about their government playing "bait and switch" on you. Which will stabilize the subscription rocking.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales Next Week
2. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales Next Week Apr 20, 2013, 12:14 Brazor

Per rumor I read weeks ago, no.
There will be some hints tossed out as a tease though. But...we shall see.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
7. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 19:34 Brazor

The /follow command was disabled in Battlegrounds with the patch. Which hurts the bots and the multiboxers. The boxers already can adapt with the keycloning. But we've yet to see what the bot authors are going to do.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 20:56 Brazor

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:53:
Lol, in California you can find a whole shelf or standing display of Mexican Coke in most supermarkets (ones with an 'ethnic' aisle).

I can buy a case of it at Costco in Cal for about $16 + change and tax.
My local Ralphs has individual bottles of the coke and pepsi ones at the end of the beer isle. About the same price Blue paid.

Personally I think the sugar soda tastes better than the corn syrup and lets be honest here. It's SODA! It's not healthy. So I don't care which one is "better" for you.

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
10. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:39 Brazor

BoA vs. EA?

Wow! That's a tough one for me. BoA tried to pull some nasty stunts on my parents years ago and I have a friend who's uncle used to work at BoA corporate. Corporate execs holding meetings with goals labeled as "Finding more ways to get money out of customers" is a blatant sign of a bad place to work at.

EA? The "awards" don't mean jack! The blatant arrogance means much more though.

News Comments > BlackSpace Revealed
1. Re: BlackSpace Revealed Feb 22, 2012, 17:23 Brazor

The concept described sounds interesting. The trailer wasn't though.

Lets see how this one turns out...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2011, 12:23 Brazor

I see what you did there Blue. That's one of the reasons why we've liked you for a decade and a half.  

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
11. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 12:24 Brazor

Darks wrote on May 24, 2011, 12:11:
Now we all get to see how the game is. Time for the critics to bash the game now. I have a feeling that duke is going to get beat up badly because of the long time period it took for this game to get done.
I think it's more likely to be attacked for it's "offensive" content. Women's Rights groups looking for publicity or a politician looking to win votes from a specific set of voters.

Not like they are going to stop the game from selling

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule
10. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 13, 2011, 01:06 Brazor

Talutha wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 00:19:
Assuming they sell 25,000 tickets, they make a little under 4.5 million. Over half of that, if not nearly all, goes towards renting the convention center plus utilities. Remember, this is a technology convention. They have to pay for all the electricities and other utilities they use plus any damages that happen as a result of the convention.

Then you have all of the paid workers who work well beyond the start and end of the event who have to assemble/take apart all of the rented equipment such as stage equipment and lights. Plus they always have a huge guest at the end of the convention. Last year they had Tenacious D. You think they went for less then a million including stage setup and professional lighting? Then you have licensing fees just to broadcast their music over the internet and DirectTV.

Remember, you pay $175 and get the whole experience, but Blizz has to pay for everything right down to the toilet paper. I've helped run events such as these(but of course not on as big of a scale) and they are not cheap by any means.

Plus it's not like I'm saying Blizz goes bankrupt each year on this thing. I'm just saying they don't make money on it. They're allowed to do something fun too aren't they?
Don't forget the insurance to cover the damage done to the building as well as CYA to protect against lawsuits from irresponsible people suing because they were in a hurry to catch a panel discussion and they tripped over their own foot.

4. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 12, 2011, 23:35 Brazor

Talutha wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 23:06:
Na, the ticket prices are fine IMO. I think this is one of the only conventions that are completely for the fans. They post the expenses of BlizzCon every year at the place and the ticket sales don't come close to recouping the cost of running the convention.

That plus they can't really advertise because the only people that go to these things are already huge Blizz fanboys and own everything they have to offer which only leaves them doing things to reward the fans for being there.

People like to hate on Blizz, but this convention is one of the reasons why I think they love their fans more then any other company and why I think that Activision doesn't truly have their greedy paws all over the company because I don't think they would allow Blizz to still run this thing if they had full control.
True
But in this economy the price is hard to swallow unless you know how to get deals on flights and rooms. Blizz does have the right to charge that amount.

1. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 12, 2011, 21:59 Brazor

Creeped up another $25. No surprise there!
It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive one way for me. Still! I think the price is just a tad too high. Even with all the "goodies" they put in the bag.

Unless you know someone who'll buy the bag off of you and recoup the cost

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 28, 2011, 23:00 Brazor

I suspect that booth babes won't be needed as much in the future as more women get into game development.

Player: "Hey where's that blond in a wonder bra you had last year?"
Dev: "We don't need her anymore."
[Points to the fully clothed Brunette on stage in front of the army of drooling pez dispensers]
Dev: "She enjoys making them feel insignificant."

Booth babes will be less effective as the population of women players increases too.

News Comments > Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW
15. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 21, 2011, 11:45 Brazor

Not a surprise. When WoW first started I kept running into people who were Diablo fans who were just playing something that felt similar while they waited for Diablo 3.

Not like there was any doubt that Diablo 3 was going to be made.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2011, 19:13 Brazor

Prez wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 13:36:
Interesting tidbit on the NASA disasters that they all were so close together date-wise. I had no idea - that's kind of creepy. Makes you wonder if NASA would ever plan another mission for January.
That's actually pretty easy to explain.
Launches are planned for times of year where you have good weather and this is one of the time frames where the weather lets them launch. It's of no surprise that the dates are close by.

News Comments > StarCraft II Reporting
15. Re: StarCraft II Reporting Sep 30, 2010, 19:43 Brazor

starmonkey wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 19:47:
Brazor wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 17:28:
It's too bad IP blocking doesn't work anymore

Remind me when it did work?

When the kids didn't know how to reset their IP address. Or when the ISP assigned one to you and you had to pay to change it.

News Comments > StarCraft II Reporting
3. Re: StarCraft II Reporting Sep 29, 2010, 17:28 Brazor

You know, the Penalty Volcano would actually work if they stopped giving people so many warnings. One warning per account then just go up one at a time. The honest people will panic and stop. The dishonest people will end up buying many accounts. It's too bad IP blocking doesn't work anymore because that would have been a great scare tactic.  

75. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 00:41 Brazor

Sorry to hear that Blue. Hang in there!  

122 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo