Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 149 (Novice)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 2, 2018, 04:08 Brazor

You'd think Spambook would have saved up enough money for this.....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Medicare to require hospitals to post prices online. Apr 26, 2018, 19:14 Brazor

SlimRam wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 12:42:
Linksil wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 12:27:
All I know is that this won't work. Because the first thing they have you do is sign a paper saying this is the starting cost, but we'll just add whatever we feel is needed and you have to eat it.

I went a few years back and after everything was all side and done I payed and while paying was told by 3 different billers/admins that I was paying in full. 2 months latter I got another bill that was double what I had paid. Saying I owed this too because they had a doctor look at a chart for a consult. When you base cost off what you feel like charging and don't fix rates or have enforced standards of service this happens a lot.
PREACH

During my stroke a doctor would walk into my room at a random time during the day. They were VERY polite and seemed OH SO concerned about my well-being.

Later, when I saw my amazing hospital bill, I noticed that EACH doctor that stuck they're head inside my room (I was in physical therapy for over 1 and a half months learning to walk again) cost me 250 dollars. When they changed my room from ICU to general pop the nurse wheeling me to my new room said, "Carry you're urine bottle with you. If you don't they'll charge you for a new one."
That's good that the nurse even knew that would happen. Not all of them will hear about that.

Another thing people don't see is that a lot of doctors (especially ER docs) are contract and not in-house. Usually this is because of insurance or Medicaid (Medi-Cal if you are in California). Medicaid runs like a lot of HMOs and doesn't want to pay. Also they make the docs jump through more hoops. Though more often then not they will still try to deny payment.
Insurance company says you're covered at a specific hospital? Don't believe it! The ER doc will bill you separately and even go to collections. They also said that they can't talk money until after the ER doc has giving you the initial check, due to the laws requiring them to make sure you aren't going to drop dead on them.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Cal Net Neutrality Apr 17, 2018, 19:18 Brazor

Typical
Even the party in support of it can't get it right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 10:49 Brazor

I'm sleeping during the day and not night because I work at night. I don't care if I'm going to die 10% early or whatever. Not an issue.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2018, 10:55 Brazor

The move may do worse to your back. Though it wouldn't "hurt" to try and let it heal in a better chair before the move.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero Reveal Tomorrow
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero Reveal Tomorrow Apr 4, 2018, 22:46 Brazor

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 21:09:
Rock n Roll Racing Pickup truck. You heard it here first!
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Blackthorn.

You could go really crazy and have it be a staff member, former or current. Literally! Chris Metzin? That will make people do a double-take.

News Comments > StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations
7. Re: StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations Mar 4, 2018, 21:21 Brazor

There's a lot of unknowns right now. We don't know what project the bulk of the people from SC2 went to after the last expansion. The current project of the Diablo team is unknown. The Hearthstone and WoW teams just cycle to the next expansion once they hit release. We're unsure how many people are still working behind the curtain on HotS. It's also unknown how many people are working on major content for OW and how many are working on small content like maps and characters.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2017, 14:53 Brazor

So a news network is going to teach kids how to spot fake news. Is that going to be actual fake news or is it going to include their competition as well? Is that going to include conditioning to make people more accepting of anything a journalist has to say?
All of the news networks are a little short in the trust department right now.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 22:05 Brazor

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 21:17:
It's not EA you should be paying attention to. It's Disney. Disney has been cutting under profiting parts of it's company left, right and center.

You just don't fuck with the mouse. And you don't fuck with the most expensive IP purchase with a movie coming out in a month, or a park expansion based on the same IP.
Technically, it's two park expansions.
What will hurt them is if Disney pulls on the leash for the IP.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
23. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 16:19 Brazor

Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:47:
Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?
Yes, but technically it's updating the game that causes it to stop working. As it's built for a specific version of the base game. Give it a few days and the author will update it. Just like what happened with FO4.
Don't forget to run LOOT before you play. Some people reported that their load order was messed up by the CC adding to it.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 11
1. Re: E3 security efforts Jun 18, 2017, 13:00 Brazor

As a security guard in California I can tell you that not checking for tickets points to two likely situations.
1: Someone higher up "believes" that having the tight presence at entrances will have more negative consequences then positive.
2: Someone higher up doesn't want to spend the money.
(Those two are not mutually exclusive. #1 is sometimes used as an excuse to cover for #2)

Many companies don't want to spend the money because they can't turn around and provide hard proof to justify it.
You can't predict every attack. Law enforcement get lucky on occasions where the perps big mouth it to someone.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 20, 2017, 12:39 Brazor

Part of the problem (especially out here in California) is that there isn't anyone to hire for those jobs. There hasn't been in a while. Some companies are forced to switch to robots before they lose too many of their current workers to old age, i.e retirement or death.
There are plenty of qualified people who can do those jobs. Both legal and illegal residents across all ethnicity's, handicapped or not. They are not applying for the jobs.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 12:08 Brazor

Both parties benefit from spying on people. Until enough of their constituents complain, they'll do whatever they or the people giving them campaign money want.

As for XP and the exploit. This will not cause companies to upgrade, Especially hospitals. All the software they use for their medical equipment was custom built for that equipment and won't work on any other OS. It's cheaper for the hospitals to wipe all the computers and reinstall the images they have stored.

News Comments > Yooka-Laylee Released
4. Re: Yooka-Laylee Released Apr 12, 2017, 02:42 Brazor

If you've played either of the first two Banjo-Kazooie games then you know this game.
All the strengths and weaknesses of the 3D platforming games are there.

The note on the menu for the credits tells you to "make some tea and prepare for the Scrollageddon". They're not kidding....at the fastest scroll speed it takes about 5 minutes to speed through the whole credit list. There's THAT many backers.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2017, 11:10 Brazor

You know Blue, you can tell people who ask that you just watch the Giants.  

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
4. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:42 Brazor

This next Blizzcon will celebrate the 20th anniversary for the whole series. If they weren't brought in for a game then the original guys were brought in to record an interview or to be invited to participate in the celebration at Blizzcon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just see them in the opening ceremony of the con on a video.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 13:04 Brazor

Westworld is dominating my thinking about the new television series,

I read that as Westwood instead of Westworld. My first thought was "Why are they making a Command and Conquer TV show?"

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 16:28 Brazor

It's like when Cisco made a push in the late 90s for IT experts. A lot of people were hired for tech support instead after all the crap certifications.

They don't want to take something seriously until they have something happen to them that makes them spend the money they were trying to save.

Let them suffer!

News Comments > Spicy Horse Studios Closing
11. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Jul 25, 2016, 01:54 Brazor

I thought it closed after Alice was released.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 01:20 Brazor

HorrorScope wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:26:
Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:09:
No he's saying they're going to go down because they snubbed a pirate vanilla WoW server

LOL
Yeah
They are not worried about those people.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206
They put the line out to see if there are enough people with interest in features that they can do. Also to keep the forums clean and not full of multiple threads on the same topic.

I was surprised that they said anything at all. They usually stay silent to keep from feeding rage. Fortunately, they are still being noble about it. I know there are some Blizz people outside of the WoW dev team that disagree.

149 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo