Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
4. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:42 Brazor

This next Blizzcon will celebrate the 20th anniversary for the whole series. If they weren't brought in for a game then the original guys were brought in to record an interview or to be invited to participate in the celebration at Blizzcon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we just see them in the opening ceremony of the con on a video.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 13:04 Brazor

Westworld is dominating my thinking about the new television series,

I read that as Westwood instead of Westworld. My first thought was "Why are they making a Command and Conquer TV show?"

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 16:28 Brazor

It's like when Cisco made a push in the late 90s for IT experts. A lot of people were hired for tech support instead after all the crap certifications.

They don't want to take something seriously until they have something happen to them that makes them spend the money they were trying to save.

Let them suffer!

News Comments > Spicy Horse Studios Closing
11. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Jul 25, 2016, 01:54 Brazor

I thought it closed after Alice was released.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 01:20 Brazor

HorrorScope wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:26:
Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:09:
No he's saying they're going to go down because they snubbed a pirate vanilla WoW server

LOL
Yeah
They are not worried about those people.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206
They put the line out to see if there are enough people with interest in features that they can do. Also to keep the forums clean and not full of multiple threads on the same topic.

I was surprised that they said anything at all. They usually stay silent to keep from feeding rage. Fortunately, they are still being noble about it. I know there are some Blizz people outside of the WoW dev team that disagree.

News Comments > DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements
13. Re: DOOM Launch Trailer & System Requirements May 6, 2016, 00:45 Brazor

I hit the minimum on my CPU but I'm a bit under on my video card. This'll be interesting....  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Poor Security of Healthcare Sector Apr 26, 2016, 23:16 Brazor

Nothing in that article is shocking.
They're not going to upgrade to win 10 because it's not compatible with the software of the equipment they use or with the software used for charting.
Even if such a switch was available the price is expected to be too high to risk. Given that there will be undiscovered bugs that could cause problems. The lawsuit potential is too high for them to do it.

Microsoft would need to fork over the cash to do it themselves and back it up in court.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 19, 2016, 12:16 Brazor

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 17:06:
Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 16:52:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:54:
Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:03:
The people I know at Blizzard have said that they don't expect people to play legacy servers long enough to justify the cost to keep them running. The devs believe 100% that too many people would get bored or upset over the old issues on those versions. Some players will start wanting them to patch the legacy servers without updating the content. Some would want the old talent and honor systems and others would want the new systems with just the old content.

So last that I've heard, the people signing the petition are wasting their time and most likely any questions about it at Blizzcon will get filtered out. Even the panel questions.

Then Blizzard doesn't trust their fans, which is precisely Blizzard's problem to begin with. This is why Brack said "You think you do, but you don't." Nostalrius showed Blizzard the exact opposite. Blizzard just needs to trust their fans. There are way more legacy fans (Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK) than retail players.
No, Nostalrius did not.
They couldn't secure $500 a month in donations to cover the costs of running it. They were already on their way out.
Blizzard doesn't trust the people crying about legacy servers because they are mostly a bunch of lying freeloaders. The devs don't look at them as anything more than pirates trying to use old content as an excuse....and no that's not Activision talking. They have no say in regards to Blizz's business. This is the Blizz dev teams doing everything short of telling them to go fly a kite.

They couldn't secure $500 a month in donations because they didn't take donations. Everything was already paid for. The server was non profit. Just stop...

By the way I was a member of the Nostalrius staff so I know what I'm talking about.
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403
Then what was the deal with this?

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 16:52 Brazor

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:54:
Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:03:
The people I know at Blizzard have said that they don't expect people to play legacy servers long enough to justify the cost to keep them running. The devs believe 100% that too many people would get bored or upset over the old issues on those versions. Some players will start wanting them to patch the legacy servers without updating the content. Some would want the old talent and honor systems and others would want the new systems with just the old content.

So last that I've heard, the people signing the petition are wasting their time and most likely any questions about it at Blizzcon will get filtered out. Even the panel questions.

Then Blizzard doesn't trust their fans, which is precisely Blizzard's problem to begin with. This is why Brack said "You think you do, but you don't." Nostalrius showed Blizzard the exact opposite. Blizzard just needs to trust their fans. There are way more legacy fans (Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK) than retail players.
No, Nostalrius did not.
They couldn't secure $500 a month in donations to cover the costs of running it. They were already on their way out.
Blizzard doesn't trust the people crying about legacy servers because they are mostly a bunch of lying freeloaders. The devs don't look at them as anything more than pirates trying to use old content as an excuse....and no that's not Activision talking. They have no say in regards to Blizz's business. This is the Blizz dev teams doing everything short of telling them to go fly a kite.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 15:03 Brazor

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:45:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
The number of servers required is always ambiguous though. Do you want both PvE and PvP? For each region? What about the expansions? What timezone would they occupy?

There's likely no way Blizzard would foot the bill on support staff either.

You're absolutely right, which is why virtually everyone advocating for legacy servers is telling Blizzard they would either be willing to pay $15 per month for a regular subscription, or $15 plus $5 to access legacy content. In other words WE would pay for the legacy support staff, infrastructure costs, etc.

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
Last but not least, a large part of what made those older titles great were the people I played with and how new and epic it felt which simply cannot be re-captured at this point. Far too many of my friends from back then have quit and raiding no longer feels as exciting as it did.

You'd be surprised how many would. Nostalrius had players from day one working through dungeon and raid content. In fact before the shutdown everyone was looking forward to AQ40 and the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event. Outside the sphere of Nostalrius plenty of people have stated they would resub to play legacy content in a heartbeat. Personally I would resub and stay with vanilla for quite awhile. I truly loved South Shore and Terran Mill skirmishes, which I learned from Rob Pardo in a 2013 BlizzCon video was the first battleground designed specifically for open world epic PVP battles.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 14, 2016, 14:32 Brazor

The people crying over it are fools.
Nostalrius couldn't even scrap together $500 a month in donations to cover the costs of hosting the server. There's also a lot of accusations that the player numbers for those servers are exaggerated to try and show that demand is higher than it really is.

They can offer the servers with a disclaimer that they won't get patched, that their characters can't be transferred, and that their AH may be disabled. I think the people who just wanted to see what it was like would be thrilled with the opportunity.
This won't work. There will still be people who expect it to be maintained and have GM support.

The nostalgia factor is great. But truthfully it only lasts a short while when I go to play something old. That's why Blizz isn't doing it.
Let them blame Activision all they want. It's not going to make it true.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 28, 2016, 20:42 Brazor

I read an article some months ago about people using devices in their pockets to scan the chip cards in peoples wallets. Just by walking close to them or bumping into them on the street. But there's supposedly wallets out there meant to block those.

Give it less than a year and chip cards won't be anything special safety wise. They'll figure it out.

News Comments > DOOM in May
56. Re: DOOM in May Feb 6, 2016, 08:35 Brazor

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:29:
Brazor wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 21:47:
From the video discussions back at E3 they emphasized that the executions are how you get most of your health and ammo. That was done intentionally to keep the combat and the player moving. They repeated that this isn't a hide behind cover and play peekaboo shooter.

This game does look a bit cartoony to me but I'm fine with it. The original doom looked cartoony to me too when it first released and I was a kid back then.
This game will stand a chance so long as they don't have a problem like Arkam Knight.

Most important thing will be the controls. If it doesnt have proper PC controls and instead console controls with delays or senseless key distribution where for example you have to use different buttons even though you only need one, it will be just another shitty converted shooter.
You'd think with ID's background that it would be the reverse.
As to the chainsaw comments. I can't imagine being able to swing a chainsaw into a hunk of bone and meat and not have it get stuck as it chews through.
Old Doom's chainsaw had strategic use if you knew the mechanics behind the game. For example the saw was great against Pinkies and Cacodemons because they had a high chance to react in pain. Meaning that you could keep them locked down most of the time as you drained their life. A few would get a hit on you but most of the time it was a painless and ammoless kill. I wouldn't be surprised if the current ID team was looking to replicate that.
Hopefully their "Snapmap" (i.e. editor) gives you the ability to alter weapon behavior.

Now as to the video. Is that a Hellknight or a Baron of Hell? He has the color of the Baron but all of them in Doom 3 were Hellknights regardless of their color.

39. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 21:47 Brazor

From the video discussions back at E3 they emphasized that the executions are how you get most of your health and ammo. That was done intentionally to keep the combat and the player moving. They repeated that this isn't a hide behind cover and play peekaboo shooter.

This game does look a bit cartoony to me but I'm fine with it. The original doom looked cartoony to me too when it first released and I was a kid back then.
This game will stand a chance so long as they don't have a problem like Arkam Knight.

6. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:53 Brazor

MajorD wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
They certainly pioneered the FPS genre, but have been pretty much left behind.......
The problem is that they pioneered one play style of the genre. Lots of people went to the Fake Realistic Style of FPS.

5. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 11:46 Brazor

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:43:
Too many canned animations for stomping/chainsawing/eye punching, etc...

Honestly, this just makes me want to go replay the original two...

Have you tried Brutal Doom?
Dentorro wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:41:
Prices of collectors editions are getting out of hand IMO, tempted for this game though.
Yeah I noticed a lot of studios are slowly bumping the price over the years. Adding in bigger statues to justify the price.

High hopes, low expectations for this game.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 11:39 Brazor

I bought this a few weeks ago (first time) and it runs great so far. Though I'm only a few hours in. There are still people on the Steam boards claiming otherwise on their systems. Some finger pointing at duel video card setups too.
I'm running an AMD 8320 CPU, 12 gigs of RAM and a Radeon HD 7800 card.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2016, 12:59 Brazor

Hospitals are not upgrading from XP because their equipment will not function on any other OS. They'd have to replace perfectly functional medical equipment that would cost hundreds of thousands to millions to buy and install depending on the size. Having to take the roof off to drop something in by crane for example.
Reason why?
The manufactures of that equipment won't make money if customers are just upgrading the OS. Large medical equipment isn't a "Consumer Product"
It's cheaper on them in the long run to have their IT compensate for the leftover holes in XP. Followed by settling any violations out of court.

If Microsoft wants 10 on new computers at corporations that badly then they'll need to fork over the money to make 10 compatible with those odd ball programs. Because the other way around isn't going to happen even if it's the correct way to do it.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
3. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 2, 2016, 13:04 Brazor

Came out on the 31st actually.
I've played the first few levels of the map pack they released and they are very well made. They don't look or feel like something I'd expect from a "mod". There's a lot of TLC put into them.

News Comments > Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends
2. Re: Tencent Buys Remainder of Riot, League of Legends Dec 17, 2015, 12:41 Brazor

https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI

For those who don't know what Raven is talking about.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo