Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brazor

Real Name Brazor   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brazor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 8, 2008, 03:09
Total Comments 154 (Novice)
User ID 46170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 13:17 Brazor

Spambook, Facebook, Failbook, how many more names can we come up for that bad idea?

I closed my Facebook account many years ago and am happy about it. People who want to communicate only via social media are people you want to think twice about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 22, 2018, 02:45 Brazor

Spambook

I got out of that mess a LONG time ago.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2018, 18:42 Brazor

Well, you could have Alexa read it like she's high as a kite instead. Like that one guy I remember from MTV back in the 90s who would do quick music news segments in the middle of the night.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Nov 9, 2018, 09:35 Brazor

Icewind wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 03:40:
I would've bought Forsaken, but from what I saw, the drop rate was not improved. I see no point in investing 3-4 hours of play just to gain 2-3 "light levels". I beat the base campaign and the first two DLC campaigns as well, and hit around light level 360. Getting to 400, so I could do the extra post-end game content they started making available, was impossible. I was gaining maybe 1 light level per day, and it was by very small adjustments to my load out. My weapons were mostly ineffective, and drops were abysmally bad.

Everyone wants to repeat the successful model that WoW has been using. But that's bad in the long run. Players are catching on and others are buying out. New game-play mechanics won't help.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 2, 2018, 03:35 Brazor

That Smash Bros presentation had a lot of details that should have gone into a blog.  

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
3. Re: Blizzard Oct 17, 2018, 20:34 Brazor

There's been people complaining that D3 should have been like D2 for a long time.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adds Mal'Ganis; Drops 32-bit & DX9 Support
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adds Mal'Ganis; Drops 32-bit & DX9 Support Oct 16, 2018, 20:20 Brazor

There will.
Plenty of them will be computer illiterate and not understand. When they declare it bad customer service they will be politely told "bye"

News Comments > Quake Champions Adds Athena; Kicks Off Slipgate Festival
1. Re: Quake Champions Adds Athena; Kicks Off Slipgate Festival Oct 12, 2018, 12:08 Brazor

A sly nod to the old mod community for Quake 1 and 2. Reminds me of the old Lithium mod for Quake 2.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 12:35 Brazor

Blues News has been my home page from the time of ID showing off screenshots of Quake 2. Completely forgot about Planetquake and the other Planet sites.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2018, 00:37 Brazor

Quboid wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 15:15:
Brazor wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 09:43:
None of the political parties are trustworthy. It's going to get screwed up at some point. Even if it's not on paper. If a Rep doesn't do it then a Dem will.

True. One is objectively considerably worse than the other but there are no saints in politics.

I presume NamecaF though I was asking which party NotOneOfUs was referring to, which would indeed be missing the point. I wasn't, I was asking who in this thread he was referring to.
I view them as equal. How bad they get depends on the subject.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2018, 09:43 Brazor

None of the political parties are trustworthy. It's going to get screwed up at some point. Even if it's not on paper. If a Rep doesn't do it then a Dem will.  

News Comments > New Blizzard President
10. Re: New Blizzard President Oct 4, 2018, 07:36 Brazor

Drath71 wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 07:05:
heroin wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 22:00:
I also hate the focus on eSports. I hope they get back to making new single-player games w/ multiplayer components. Those game packed a punch in quality/content for the $. Obviously, I want Warcraft IV and think it's pretty ridiculous that we haven't seen it by now. Another ground-breaking MMO by Blizz would have been nice by now as well.

I'm afraid that ground has been broken many, many times. The same old ground. With WoW, Blizzard seems far more interested in following a formula than "breaking ground" anymore. Each expansion just relegates the previous expansion to ghost town content. They don't care that they have a virtual world, they just pile more carrots to chase to the top.
WoW is an ocean that is an inch deep.
Most of the players that made the virtual world work bailed out long ago. Which wasn't that many people. The dev team goes for as many as possible. Leaving minority play styles to their own devices.

News Comments > New Blizzard President
5. Re: New Blizzard President Oct 3, 2018, 22:02 Brazor

Kxmode wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 21:12:
There really is no one better than JAB. Most of the veterans, save Allen Adham, have left Blizzard.

That said, the direction Blizzard has taken WOW over the past decade remains a love/hate thing for me.

I LOVE the ample QOL additions and features they added over the years including extensive improvements to the engine to make it run super fast and smooth on today's hardware.

I HATE the move/push towards eSports in Blizzard's current crop of titles. JAB infamously told a fan at a BlizzCon when he asked about vanilla, "You think you do, but you don't" demonstrating a total disconnect between what the players want and want the dev's want. JAB has been the face for the Classic server since its announcement, so perhaps much was learned by him and the devs from their meeting with Nostalrius in 2016.

If nothing else with JAB as the president, Blizzard will continue to run smoothly for the foreseeable future.
I remember my friends who work at Blizzard telling me at the time that he shouldn't say that as it was bad for CS. As it would increase the amount of complaints.
The whole reason he said that is because of the concern that people will get bored and leave once the feeling of nostalgia wears out. That concern still stands. The population numbers were somewhere in the range of 800k signed up but only 100k active.
The other question they have is how many of those people were just using old content as an excuse to play for free.
They're making the classic servers because there's enough of an demand but the devs aren't 100% sold on it working.

News Comments > Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be?
12. Re: Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be? Sep 25, 2018, 15:52 Brazor

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 15:29:
I never understood the concept of severance pay. And I've mostly worked for myself or small employers who aren't obliged to pay severance anyway.
I got one with a layoff. It breaks down to "here's some money to hold you over, don't sue us. Oh and don't apply for a job with us ever again."

News Comments > Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be?
9. Re: Is The Walking Dead Undead? Should It Be? Sep 25, 2018, 14:51 Brazor

Acleacius wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 13:29:
Not a fan, so don't care either way. Though 90% of the time I support employees over developers, developers over publishers.

But couldn't they have asked the fans first before laying everyone off? I.e. Crowdfunding for enough to finish the product, employees possibly agreeing to take a cut in salary, company owners forgoing their salaries. How can people not know these things? Newidea ?
If the sales are as low as some claim then crowdfunding may be a flop as well.
There may also be a risk of someone they've worked with previously coming forward with a lawyer trying to take the crowdfunding money.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2018, 22:41 Brazor

Better question: Are the Olympics relevant anymore?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 05:44 Brazor

That garbage pops up after every election. I live in a liberal town in California and I heard a ton of it from them when Trump won. More so then when Obama won.
The liberal racists are more numerious then the conservative ones here.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2018, 00:53 Brazor

So far, nothing in that Chipotle article indicates another supply chain problem. My first impression is that some employees went to work sick. Lots of people do that. Big mistake when you are working with food.  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
3. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 14:14 Brazor

Pete's response was much better then the legal garbage. I'm not sure I believe him, but talking straight up like that is less likely to make the reader feel talked down to.

A buddy of mine worked for a game store years before Gamestop took them all over. They had an underhanded policy where if they had the box and everything that came in the box they would shrink wrap it, label it new and sell it at that price. The store would keep all of the money from the resale because they would document it as a used copy. Even though the receipt would say new.
That was back in the day when cd keys weren't being checked by a server run by the devs or publisher. Early days of the N64 if I recall correctly.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2018, 14:27.

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
21. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 14:12 Brazor

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 11:28:
Any news on Vanilla? Thats the only thing I might consider playing again. The subscription model is kind of turning me off, and I can't see Blizz going F2P, or even the pay Once route and micro-transactions.
They are still a ways off with Classic servers. The last I heard is that they will require the same subscription to have access to them.

154 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo