Total Posts
712 (Apprentice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 36.
Newer [  1    21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ] Older

Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR
Oct 21, 2008, 15:02
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 15:02
Oct 21, 2008, 15:02

And you can jump to all the conclusions you like about me being a WoW fanboy.

Ah, but I never claimed you were anything. Falsely accusing me of being a WAR Fanboy, doesn't make you a WoW Fanboy. See how that works?

And honestly, calling people blind if they don't acknowledge the difference between older and newer graphic technology is too much? I've really gone too far with that?

Even after reading back, there are some awfully biased WoW AND anti-WAR comments. Which is why I posted in the first place. For the last time, competition and the resulting progression is a good thing. Judging from the response Kaplan and co. has had over the last few weeks, it seems WAR has made more of an impact with them than any other MMO to date. I applaud this, regardless of who or what it is.
"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

Oct 21, 2008, 14:26
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 14:26
Oct 21, 2008, 14:26

The rest of us see two dumbasses, not one.

I was afraid of that. Unfortunately I got sucked into a useless debate with Dagok. I should have known better.

In hindsight, calling everyone a fanboy of WoW isn't necessarily fair, because I don't have much to base it off of either.

In the end, I'm just saying I appreciate that there's some actual competition in this market. I'm glad Blizzard actually has to take notice, because in the end, consumers almost always benefit from product competition.

Oct 21, 2008, 14:22
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 14:22
Oct 21, 2008, 14:22

It's no mystery (or maybe it is to you), that I'm an anti-WoW Fanboy. If that's what you want to argue about with me, fine. That is, afterall, why I posted here in the first place. But that does not make me a WAR Fanboy. AoC's graphics are better too, am I an AoC Fanboy because of that? Again, look up what defines a fanboy. I can like one facet of a game over another, but a fanboy is leagues beyond that.

And just because you pulled out ONE sentence of my whole post and we've been arguing, doesn't mean it represenst my stance altogether. No matter how much you want it to. It sounds like I'm defending WAR, but really I'm just arguing with you about context. Nice try.

Decide what you want to argue about, THEN argue about it. This willy nilly stuff isn't working out so well for you.

Oct 21, 2008, 14:05
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 14:05
Oct 21, 2008, 14:05

Well you can say I insulted others if they didn't agree that the new technology looks better and that may be true. But, um, that doesn't make me a fanboy of WAR. You've yet to make sense. You've yet to prove how my post as a whole somehow defines me as a WAR Fanboy.

You're not giving yourself any ground to stand on. Try harder.

Oct 21, 2008, 13:59
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 13:59
Oct 21, 2008, 13:59

When you tell people they are blind if they don't agree with you, then it's the only sentence worth focusing on when I'm painting you as a fanboy hypocrite.

No Dagok, they're blind if they look at the link Yifes posted comparing the graphics and come out saying "WAR stole from WoW and they look the same!".

They DON'T look the same and WAR has newer technology implemented. You'd have to be blind or be following WoW in blind faith not to see that. Keep zeroing in though, it's working out so well for you.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2008, 14:00.

Oct 21, 2008, 13:55
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 13:55
Oct 21, 2008, 13:55

Let's help Dagok, so he can better comment in the future by breaking down what I said for him...

WAR isn't a perfect gem by any means.

Fanboy?

I feel it challenges WOW on many levels, unfortunately it's just not as solid.

Challenges WoW, doesn't beat it, or obliterate it as a whole... challenges. Oh look what else I said... "it's not as solid [as WoW]". Fanboy?

WAR's graphical style and atmosphere outshines WOW by far. Anyone that can't see or acknowledge that the game looks and has better aura about it, regardless of the similar cartoon approach, is blind.

So I explain how I feel WAR challenges WoW. I brought in some emotion from prior arguments about people claiming WAR stole from WoW and vice versa. But I feel the newer technology wins here and they are different enough to be unique in their own right. Somehow this makes me a fanboy.

And Blizzard IS copying aspects of WAR, for a good reason. Que a BG from anywhere, gain XP and level through PVP, Lake Wintergrasp... to name a few. That's not to say both camps didn't borrow from one another, it's just funny to see Blizzard take notice.

Here, I point out that WAR features are coming out in WoW, coincidentally near the same time. I also unbiasedly point out they both probably took ideas from one another. Fanboy?

I'm glad someone is challenging the all powerful Blizzard for once. This market needs better competition and it needs to start progressing.

Here I consider myself, proudly, a fanboy of gaming in general. Sorry, I don't care for monopolies.

Unfortunately for me, WAR has revealed the bad in WOW, yet it has it's own issues. So I'm sort of left with two mediocre MMOs at the moment.

"yet [WAR] has it's own issues"... "left with two mediocre MMOs at the moment"...{Fanboy? I'm not seeing it Dagok, nor should you. If this is what you're basing your claims of my hypocrisy off of, I really don't know what to tell you.

Oct 21, 2008, 13:30
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 13:30
Oct 21, 2008, 13:30

So not only is he trying to sing Warhammers praises, but he is also insulting those that would disagree with him. Doesn't matter what he said prior to it. Not only that, but his only response is to compare graphics. So how's your reading comprehension?

I had one sentence where I praised WAR's style, and refuted the many complaints I've seen in other topics that WoW stole WARs graphics or vice versa. My point was they're different and I felt WAR's was better.

But you zeroed in on one sentence of my many. I criticized both games, if I sounded more biased with WAR that's because I'm sick of people falling all over themselves with WoW. But I'm getting off point, much like you. I made several points about how both games are good and bad in their own right and ended by saying they're both mediocre. If calling WAR mediocre makes me a fanboy, we're all going to need to rediscover what one is.

Oct 21, 2008, 12:33
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 12:33
Oct 21, 2008, 12:33

I wasn't aware that blues had such a WOW fanboy base.

I like how you start with this comment and then spew forth Warhammer fanboy comments.

HOW?! LOL!

I said both were mediocre. Read.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2008, 12:36.

Oct 21, 2008, 12:24
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 12:24
Oct 21, 2008, 12:24

Open World PVP has been advertised with WAR for as long as I can remember. Way before WAR closed beta.

The debate about who's copying what is endless. It's just funny to see similar features coming out for WoW so close to WAR's relatively good success with their implementation of them.

Oct 21, 2008, 12:05
Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR Oct 21, 2008, 12:05
Oct 21, 2008, 12:05

Wow, I wasn't aware that blues had such a WOW fanboy base. WAR isn't a perfect gem by any means. God forbid we have a game that actually challenges WOW for once. And I feel it challenges WOW on many levels, unfortunately it's just not as solid. WAR's graphical style and atmosphere outshines WOW by far. Anyone that can't see or acknowledge that the game looks and has better aura about it, regardless of the similar cartoon approach, is blind.

And Blizzard IS copying aspects of WAR, for a good reason. Que a BG from anywhere, gain XP and level through PVP, Lake Wintergrasp... to name a few. That's not to say both camps didn't borrow from one another, it's just funny to see Blizzard take notice. I'm glad someone is challenging the all powerful Blizzard for once. This market needs better competition and it needs to start progressing.

Unfortunately for me, WAR has revealed the bad in WOW, yet it has it's own issues. So I'm sort of left with two mediocre MMOs at the moment.

Re: Hmmm...
Aug 1, 2008, 16:08
Re: Hmmm... Aug 1, 2008, 16:08
Aug 1, 2008, 16:08

Honestly Verno... you've accepted their terms if you play their game. This has nothing to do with your memory and everything to do with how you affect and interact with the live server you're joined to. Their terms, their rules, if you don't like them you can simply stop playing.

Your interaction (with or without Glider) doesn't just stop at your memory... it goes through your little network card, through the internets and onto their server. It's called online gaming.

No subject
Jan 31, 2008, 17:00
No subject Jan 31, 2008, 17:00
Jan 31, 2008, 17:00

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Honestly, why must people (Mark Rein and posters here) insist on being prophets. Sure, I've seen more and more casual gamers flock to consoles even for FPSes, but hardcore gamers know where the love is at. That's a keyboard and mouse, pulling off headshots.

There's absolutely no reason for discussions of finality and the end of PC gaming. People need to chill out and enjoy the best of both worlds. Some nights I enjoy fragging it up on my PC with TF2 or COD4. Other nights I'll pop in Mario Galaxy and have a blast with that.

There's no law stating you can only own one form of gaming technology in your house. Acquire what you desire over time and just enjoy it all!

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 36.
Newer [  1    21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ] Older