Limit Results:

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Tomb Raider Dev Layoffs?
Jan 9, 2009, 23:57
Re: Tomb Raider Dev Layoffs? Jan 9, 2009, 23:57
Jan 9, 2009, 23:57

Such bullshit.

All these companies are using the "horrible economy" as a crutch to fire people without cause.

Someone better be lying at these companies. Are you telling me that this many companies are this badly managed? If someone isn't lying we are in big big trouble.

Give me a break.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2009, 23:58.

Re: Wii-style Gaming PC
Jan 5, 2009, 10:54
Re: Wii-style Gaming PC Jan 5, 2009, 10:54
Jan 5, 2009, 10:54

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Re: JT and the Supreme Court
Jan 4, 2009, 19:16
Re: JT and the Supreme Court Jan 4, 2009, 19:16
Jan 4, 2009, 19:16

I'm sorry, but did you have something of value to add to the topic at hand? In case you wondered, it's JT.

The problem is you have nothing. All you are capable of is blindly supporting your hobby.

There flat out needs to be more legislation concerning games, and there will be soon.

Jan 4, 2009, 19:15
Re: JT and the Supreme Court Jan 4, 2009, 19:15
Jan 4, 2009, 19:15

Blah blah blah.

You all know so much about the legal system sitting in front of your computers in moms living room.

Give it a rest. Most of you are barely out of high-school and frankly are incapable of even understand the issues at hand.

Jan 4, 2009, 15:23
Re: JT and the Supreme Court Jan 4, 2009, 15:23
Jan 4, 2009, 15:23

How immature and callous can you people be?

He has a family to support and because he is fighting against video games the ability to support them through his career has been stripped from him.

Frankly, I don't see how it ever happened. It's scary actually. When all you little kids grow up out of moms house you will be a bit more understanding. When you have your own bills to pay and mouths to feed you won't be so quick to cheer someone losing their job or career.

I am a gamer from back in the 80's. I can say without a doubt that games today are lacking. They have million dollar budgets and aren't as fun as a game that made years ago that had a thousand dollar budget.

Now we rely on blood, gore, and sex to get our thrills. That is sad. But it's not as sad as you little punks cheering this guy getting disbarred for DARING to say that maybe it isn't a good thing for most people to be barraged with violent video games on a daily basis.

I expect the insults. I expect the jeers. Go ahead. They won't bother me. I have heard them all before from the same types of immature idiots. That doesn't change the fact that those of you attacking Thompson are wrong. Dead wrong.

Rest assured that IF the Supreme Court hears his case he will be reinstated without pause.

I am neither for or against Thompson. I just don't believe he did anything even close to what should cause a disbarment. Rockstar, the joke of a company that they are, slid in hot coffee and thumbed their nose at the establishment. Yet here they are still making games and still making millions. They were allowed to continue to do what they love. Thompson deserves the same.

Re: Wrath of the Lich King 10-Day Trial
Dec 18, 2008, 18:26
Re: Wrath of the Lich King 10-Day Trial Dec 18, 2008, 18:26
Dec 18, 2008, 18:26

Then there is no reason to play this one.

Whatever turned you off then will turn you off now.

Re: Take-Two Posts Loss, Re-Signs Rockstar
Dec 18, 2008, 14:48
Re: Take-Two Posts Loss, Re-Signs Rockstar Dec 18, 2008, 14:48
Dec 18, 2008, 14:48

WELL, it's clear this is yet another horribly managed company. In Oct, Nov, and Dec GTA gave them $40 million dollars alone. Embarrassing.

This company should be FLUSH with cash. Ford, GM, and Chrysler are also perfect examples of companies that should be rolling in cash.

It's a trend we are seeing all over the country. Way too many college grads are coming straight out of college and getting management positions while guys who have worked for the company for years and years and know it are passed over.

Ridiculous.

It's not PIRACY hurting these companies. It's some of the worst money management I have ever seen.

Re: PCGA Interview
Dec 11, 2008, 23:58
Re: PCGA Interview Dec 11, 2008, 23:58
Dec 11, 2008, 23:58

The statement is true. Every bit of it. Console games are diluted substandard games.

Console fanbois are diluted and substandard as well.

Re: On Console Patch Costs
Dec 11, 2008, 19:27
Re: On Console Patch Costs Dec 11, 2008, 19:27
Dec 11, 2008, 19:27

You know what's coming now. They are going to start charging for patches/updates.

And you know what? The moronic console crowd will pay it.

Re: PCGA on DRM and Piracy
Dec 10, 2008, 09:37
Re: PCGA on DRM and Piracy Dec 10, 2008, 09:37
Dec 10, 2008, 09:37

The state of PC gaming is fine.

The state of greedy ass companies who want to blame crappy game sales on piracy instead of the quality of their code while blatantly lying about how pirate-free the consoles are(hint - they aren't) is as bad as ever - Utterly devoid of any type of business ethics.

This PC piracy talk HAS to stop. It's just as easy to download an ISO of a console game as it is a PC one. Yes, you have to have a modded console but that's certainly easy to get done. They are going to ruin the PC for gaming and all to line their own pockets with unintelligent console gamer dollars.

The PC is the best gaming platform. End. of. Story.

PC gaming has to return to pre-DRM days to make a comeback though. A CD check at most. The other methods such as online activation and limited installs are so absurd they shouldn't even be entertained anymore. Any game that has limited installs deserved to have every copy stolen. What happened to what the consumer wants? If I pay $50 or more for a game I will install it wherever I damn well please AND said company should be kissing my ass for giving them that kind of money for a damn game in this kind of economy. Somehow the perception in these companies has shifted to thinking that they are somehow doing US a favor by "letting" us buy their game. WRONG. Leisure money will be drying up soon as the economy worsens. The time is now for gaming companies to be FRIENDLIER to the people actually paying for their product. Entertainment is the first thing to go when people are low on money. Frankly, it's past time to put gaming companies in their place. They think they are much more important than they really are.

If we are going to leave the discussion to think-tank types such as the PCGA then PC gaming is doomed. Organizations such as this have never actually improved anything. It's a collection of people all trying to appear smart and when you get ego's involved it never ends well.

PC games have always been better. Better graphics. Better controls. Better quality. There is no reason for that to change. Yet the console is slowly taking over with less graphical power than a modern gaming pc, inferior controls, and overall poor game quality. Why do you think that is? Simply because the gaming companies are choosing to focus on the console where they know the "average" gamer resides and where they know they can peddle AVERAGE games all day into million copy sellers that would have failed miserably on the PC. PC gamers have higher standards. PC gamers demand more. That is the reason that the PC is suddenly taboo to develop for. It's not piracy or anything else. It's the ability to push sub-par code into profit.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2008, 09:41.

Re: War Dual Spec Plans
Dec 10, 2008, 09:14
Re: War Dual Spec Plans Dec 10, 2008, 09:14
Dec 10, 2008, 09:14

Since when is WoW called WAR?

WARHAMMER ONLINE is called WAR.

World of Warcraft is called WOW.

It's misleading.

Re: Linux Prey Workarounds
Dec 9, 2008, 16:00
Re: Linux Prey Workarounds Dec 9, 2008, 16:00
Dec 9, 2008, 16:00

What a waste of time Linux is. Linux had a very small window to take off. It was about 5 years ago when it was the hot buzzword. Too bad for Linux that the average consumer quickly realized how god awful it is.

It's way WAY too complicated for the average joe.

It's so much easier to just play the damn game in Windows.

Re: GTA4 PC Problems
Dec 4, 2008, 12:13
Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 12:13
Dec 4, 2008, 12:13

Why would any PC gamer want to play this pile of shit?

It is everything that I hate about console games. Dumbed down, repetitive crap. And I REALLY can't believe people are actually installing all the little pieces of software it requires to run.

On top of it all they screw up the PC release AND load it full of ridiculous DRM.

Fuck you Rockstar. You have made your money and your reputation by pandering to the lowest common denominator - the console gamer.

You deserve every pirated copy with this buggy ass code.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2008, 12:15.

No subject
Jul 23, 2008, 11:30
No subject Jul 23, 2008, 11:30
Jul 23, 2008, 11:30

Blah.

Terrible game. I played the beta for a couple of months and quickly realized it's flaws. What everyone says about forum moderation is spot on. They were exactly the same way in beta.

Say anything negative and you were gone. I knew problems were afoot as it would take them weeks to fix something that other devs can fix in hours.

I figured the game would have an initial rush of people gushing over it for a few weeks and it did. Now you hear nothing about it because the game is flat out boring. Just like it's in to bash Microsoft it's now in to bash WoW. But the simple truth is WoW is the best out there right now. That may change when warhammer releases but that is yet to be seen.

Age of Conan is average in every way and their numbers will sink will the Warcraft expansion hits.

No subject
Jun 12, 2008, 09:46
No subject Jun 12, 2008, 09:46
Jun 12, 2008, 09:46

Go fuck yourself DAVID.

I worked in the "corporate" atmosphere as an executive for many years and left because of bullshit like this. Not one of you upper execs are honest. Not one. You will pull politically correct shit like this out of your ass all day long.

YOU ARE A LIAR.

You are lying to our faces and smiling while you do it.

He wasn't just having a bad day.
You aren't fully staffed.

You send out an email to the public stating that your employee exaggerated? What a piece of shit you are. I only hope that Guy is in a position to tell you to go fuck yourself and post another entry refuting this.

I have seen it a thousand times. I am sure he was called into an office somewhere and disciplined because companies like yours cannot stand people who think for themselves. How dare you come out and try to call him a liar. This isn't Nazi Germany you fuck. The PROPER thing to have done would be to totally agree with him and try to fix the problem.

I'm so glad this game failed. I can certainly see why it did.

No subject
Jun 4, 2008, 18:17
No subject Jun 4, 2008, 18:17
Jun 4, 2008, 18:17

Damn, a Diablo MMO would be fucking kickass

Re: No subject
Jun 3, 2008, 16:56
Re: No subject Jun 3, 2008, 16:56
Jun 3, 2008, 16:56

SamuraiSaint,

I tried to use some tact on that post. I guess it was lost on you. No big surprise there. So I won't use any here.

YOU are the one who is clueless. You aren't talking to someone such as yourself. I know what I am talking about. The real talent at 3DRealms left long ago.

Are you daft? Do you get it? Hell no they haven't hired any real talent in 20 years. Do YOU see a fucking game on the shelf? No? Then shut your mouth.

No one needs yet another person like you bringing your inane pointless drivel on here trying to lament to us about how good of a company 3d Realms is and how the rest of us just don't understand your higher thought processes. Your internet ego doesn't impress. Your act has been done countless times before. 3D Realms stopped being a good company 15 years ago. Period. You embarrass yourself.

"You are completely and utterly clueless and unfortunately sites like this one give people like you a place to post your utter nonsense."
Yes, and you bring such incredible intelligence with your posts. LOL. Isn't it wonderful that everyone gets to voice their opinion even though you deem them unworthy? You are a fool. It's very simple. You believe everything you read on the internet and that itself is quite sad. I pity you.

Now, take your holier-than-thou attitude and go fuck your gay brother with it.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 16:57.

Re: No subject
Jun 3, 2008, 12:24
Re: No subject Jun 3, 2008, 12:24
Jun 3, 2008, 12:24

Think what you want but making games when Duke was released and making games now is worlds apart.

Any halfway talented team could make a game like Duke back then. That is a fact. The games were incredibly simple. Now that just isn't possible.

The talent at 3d Realms has not scaled well with technology advances. I think that is pretty easy to see.

No subject
Jun 3, 2008, 10:16
No subject Jun 3, 2008, 10:16
Jun 3, 2008, 10:16

Frankly, Duke Nukem was incredibly easy to make. Programming, shipping, etc.

It seems to me that their team just isn't good enough maybe to produce a modern product.

No subject
May 29, 2008, 10:57
No subject May 29, 2008, 10:57
May 29, 2008, 10:57

It doesn't matter. Whether the game comes out on time or late it will still be incredibly successful.

I would rather them take all the time they need to produce a game that can stand up against their first classic, DAOC.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older