Descending
Limit Results:

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama
Mar 23, 2009, 22:35
Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 22:35
Mar 23, 2009, 22:35

We had a gun buy-back scheme in Australia a few years back. It was quite successful. (No penalties for illegal weapons being handed in etc).

You can argue this until you are blue in the face, (haha) but the prevalence of easy to get guns does have an impact on the situation in America. Reduce the need for every righteous yank to want a gun to defend his 'freedoms' (which of course the gun is 99% useless against in all reality). Reduce the supply.

However, it is part and parcel all just a part of Americana, same with fast-food, religion, etc. You don't like it, fine you don't have to live or go there. I know I don't like spending much time there, however I love certain parts of it. You have the freedom to choose this. If Americans themselves want to keep the guns and try and find other ways to stem the high level of violent crime, good on them. It's a democracy (whatever that really means). I'm just happy I am not a citizen there, and if I was I would probably move away, or at least to a liberal state.

This is of course my opinion only, and I don't hold it against anyone else who might think differently, self freedoms being what they are and all.

It's just unfortunate that the average American is portrayed as white gun-toting trash, or conversely black gangster rappers. Much the same way Aussies are labeled hicks (or Steve Irwins) and not much else.

Move along now, nothing to see here.

*sigh*

Yet another ignorant misinformed poster. And yet another who doesn't LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES. If you don't live here SHUT THE FUCK UP. You can't even begin to understand what this means to most Americans.

Yes, you had a gun buyback scheme and it's beyond sad that you fell for it with nary a complaint. You willingly gave up your ability to defend yourself. You are proud of this?

I am so glad you don't live here. Stay in your goverment controlled insulated world. You can't even get a damn video game there without it being censored all to hell. How does it feel for someone else to make the decision as to whether something is right for you? It's sick.

Properly trained, an individual absolutely can make a difference with a gun. You are full of bullshit just like all the other anti-gun people. Stop throwing stats out there you just made up. Just because you don't value yourself and your rights doesn't mean others don't.

People who refuse to defend themselves, like you, are the real trash.

Mar 23, 2009, 22:28
Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 22:28
Mar 23, 2009, 22:28

The sad thing is that you do live there and aren't qualified to talk about it. The information is there, but you're too blinded to education yourself. Sad, but unfortunately typical these days.

What in the hell does that even mean? Learn how to argue rationally ok? I LIVE HERE. THAT IMMEDIATELY QUALIFIES ME YOU MORON. YOU on the other hand will NEVER be able to say that your opinion matters here.

Believe me, I am more educated on the matter than you. You certainly prove that by the misinformation you are spewing.

Yes they would. A lot of crime is crime of opportunity. And guns provide people with an opportunity that they wouldn't have with the pipes/bats/bow and arrow that you are talking about.

Um, no they wouldn't. You are living in an irrational delusional dream world. Again, you can't seem to grasp simple concepts. Stop over complicating things. People will still commit violent crime and a logical mind could discern that if you disarm everyone the criminals have nothing to fear. In fact the criminals are the biggest supporters of gun control.

2nd Amendment fanatics huh? Again, you aren't qualified to talk about it. I AM. I SUPPORT IT. IT APPLIES TO ME. How ridiculous of you to say I'm not qualified. You are just another foreign whack job hating on the rights and freedoms that are afforded those who live in the greatest country on earth, the USA. You aren't worth the time and energy. The fact is guns will always be a protected right from disgusting controlling people such as yourself who hold no value in human rights.

So cry and whine all you want about it. Lie all you want. Ignore all the FACTS that support why the right to be armed is good. I don't care. You are a non-factor and always will be.

Mar 23, 2009, 21:21
Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 21:21
Mar 23, 2009, 21:21

Saying they would "always" have them is somewhat disingenuous. While a percentage of them might still have them, that percentage would decrease sharply if the general availability of them decreased sharply.

Yes, but crime and more importantly violent crime would NOT diminish. Do you get it now?

It's PEOPLE that are hurting each other. Not inanimate objects. Can you really be so daft that you don't understand that? Whatever is available will be used. Pipes. Bats. Bow and arrow. Hands. Violence will always be present in humanity and taking guns away isn't the magical fix you think it is.

The thing that really bothers me is you aren't even qualified to be talking about this issue. You don't live here. You just don't get what it is to be American and value personal freedoms. You don't understand what it means to live free have the right to tell your government "no".

Do yourself a favor. Shut up before you embarrass yourself any further.

Mar 23, 2009, 14:58
Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 14:58
Mar 23, 2009, 14:58

"It would make more sense to get rid of guns, which are designed to kill and injure, than violent video games, which are designed for entertainment."

You are one of the dumbest people I have ever come across, and that is saying something.

You also left out the part about how guns are also designed to PROTECT individuals and have saved countless lives. Criminals are still going to have guns. Are you too stupid to understand that? Oh you think the thugs are going to abide by the laws? Hilarious.

I guarantee you are under the age of 25. Only the stupid young people in this country can be that irrational. Yes, I said stupid and getting more unintelligent every day.

Your statement is disturbing. You would rather lose the right to defend yourself, a CONSTITUTIONAL issue, than lose GAMES? Are you fucking kidding me? You have to be joking. You HAVE to be.

"I'd pay to see JT hung on live TV"
You propose this type of violence but you think guns are bad? Do you see how your views are all over the map and shift and morph to conform to how you believe? You embarrass yourself.

Mar 23, 2009, 14:45
Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 14:45
Mar 23, 2009, 14:45

"How about get rid of the guns"

How about you shut your America hating liberal tree hugging hippie fuckhole of a mouth and stay away from things you don't understand such as personal freedom and the right to protect oneself however one may see fit.

You would rather disarm this country than lose your precious video games wouldn't you?

Re: JT's Bill Passes Utah House
Mar 3, 2009, 16:24
Re: JT's Bill Passes Utah House Mar 3, 2009, 16:24
Mar 3, 2009, 16:24

Good.

I fully support this bill. The moronic parents SHOULD have to buy the damn games for their kids. That way they can't come back and sue the devs when their kid starts raping women from playing too much GTA4 at 11 years old.

Any M rated or AO games should be kept behind the counter and the parents should have to sign a liability waiver to purchase them.

Re: Op Ed
Feb 22, 2009, 23:42
Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2009, 23:42
Feb 22, 2009, 23:42

Yeah, if you only play half a dozen or so games a year.

So you think it's a deal to play $276 and at the end of the year you don't own anything you have played? If you are telling me you are buying games AND subscribing to Gamefly you aren't very smart. End of story.

Re: Op Ed
Feb 22, 2009, 23:38
Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2009, 23:38
Feb 22, 2009, 23:38

Yep, $275 is about 6 very high quality games at release.

Don't give your money to Gamefly. Terrible idea. I just can't believe people pay that much money for a rental subscription.

Re: Gatherings & Competitions
Feb 18, 2009, 18:10
Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 18, 2009, 18:10
Feb 18, 2009, 18:10

I have tried and tried to play Fallout 3. It's typically my type of game. But it's just too cumbersome feeling. It's too SLOW. It takes so long for anything to develop. I feel like I am in a time warp playing it.

I just can't understand all the awards it winning. It's a good game but it wasn't the game of the year.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Feb 14, 2009, 20:50
Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 14, 2009, 20:50
Feb 14, 2009, 20:50

Yes, it IS going to go away. End of story bud.

Feb 13, 2009, 18:23
Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2009, 18:23
Feb 13, 2009, 18:23

"Apologies in advance, I'm being pedantic here. This has nothing to do with the rest of this thread, but it's something that's bugged me for a while."
Be bugged. Be pedantic. I don't care.

Semantics don't bother me. They don't change the validity of what I said.

The fact is physical media is going to go away and sooner rather than later.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2009, 18:25.

Feb 13, 2009, 14:36
Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2009, 14:36
Feb 13, 2009, 14:36

"Anyone that is actually smart, is only going to upgrade certain movies to Blu-Ray and maintain their existing DVD collection. Most RomComs & drama's etc, DVD will do fine. Action, Sci-Fi, Fantasy...get on Blu-Ray."

Please. Anyone that is actually smart will completely ignore Blu-Ray altogether. DVD quality is all you need. People need a reality check here. Blu-Ray is just an unnecessary format. Digital IS the future and it's much sooner than you seem to think. DVD straight to digital is the correct upgrade path. Blu-Ray is a total scam and a complete waste of money. It's for uninformed consumers who are willing to be milked out of yet more money for picture quality that just isn't that much better than DVD.

Feb 13, 2009, 14:13
Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2009, 14:13
Feb 13, 2009, 14:13

The PS3 is effectively dead.

The economy is shit for most people and the last thing they are going to do is drop $500 on a game console. They may drop $299 for a 360 or $250 for a Wii but not $500.

The whole blu-ray angle was a ridiculous selling point to begin with.

Re: Evening Consolidation
Feb 11, 2009, 08:44
Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 11, 2009, 08:44
Feb 11, 2009, 08:44

Fuck Snoop Dog.

Rock Band just became cheesy and hurt their brand terribly.

Keep Rap/Hiphop far FAR away from anything you want to appear credible and remain important in the industry.

Re: Dragon Age: Origins PC Delayed
Feb 3, 2009, 18:20
Re: Dragon Age: Origins PC Delayed Feb 3, 2009, 18:20
Feb 3, 2009, 18:20

Consoles are slowly killing gaming.

The PC version will be vastly superior in every way as virtually every PC game is.

Consoles are for racing games, platformers, and the occasional music game. That's IT. Those are the absolute only areas of gaming they might be better than a PC in.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2009, 18:20.

Re: No PC PoP DLC
Feb 3, 2009, 17:12
Re: No PC PoP DLC Feb 3, 2009, 17:12
Feb 3, 2009, 17:12

I knew there was another reason hanging out there that I don't like console devs.

Why in the world would you not provide DLC to the HIGHEST network enabled install base available?

Re: Microsoft to cut 5,000
Jan 22, 2009, 16:53
Re: Microsoft to cut 5,000 Jan 22, 2009, 16:53
Jan 22, 2009, 16:53

Of course they will cut jobs and hurt people in the process.

Heaven forbid they just eat the profit loss.

The key here is they still made a HUGE profit. They just didn't make AS MUCH profit as they thought they would and they call this a loss.

It's the typical numbers game.

Re: SEGA & EA Tiburon Layoffs?
Jan 20, 2009, 23:36
Re: SEGA & EA Tiburon Layoffs? Jan 20, 2009, 23:36
Jan 20, 2009, 23:36

This such bullshit.

All these companies are following each other.

Hey! Here is a novel idea!! How about use better business practices along with lowering the top execs salaries a bit! Then you won't have to cut jobs as a "cost cutting measure".

It's just sick how all these companies are using the economy as an excuse for terrible management.

Re: On Piracy and Prices
Jan 20, 2009, 11:42
Re: On Piracy and Prices Jan 20, 2009, 11:42
Jan 20, 2009, 11:42

God, enough with the piracy!

Make good games. Make good money. End of story.

Re: Mobilization
Jan 10, 2009, 01:02
Re: Mobilization Jan 10, 2009, 01:02
Jan 10, 2009, 01:02

A portable blu-ray player? Really?

This just isn't needed and in the coming economy will NOT be selling well.

Nice job investing your R&D money wisely Panasonic.

Blu-ray is one of the largest scams EVER. If you have an upconvert DVD player you can't even tell a difference in quality. Such a joke.
78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older