Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pete

Real Name pete   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname peteham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 14, 2007, 18:39
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 45624

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 21, 2016, 19:27 peteham

The problem with most non-Nexus Android devices is that you can't remove pre-installed apps like Facebook unless you root the thing. The best you can do is disable it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 02:50 peteham

Orogogus wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 01:26:
So looks like a simultaneous release. But now that you mention it, I seem to remember that this is one of the new cross play titles -- you're basically getting the Xbox and Win10 versions together.
Yep, it has the Play Anywhere-logo in the top right corner.

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
11. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Aug 26, 2016, 20:05 peteham

PTR=Public Test Realm (beta-servers).  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
59. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 25, 2016, 12:18 peteham

Despite my misgivings about even more hacking minigame (I know I don't have to hack every terminal but I can't help it when there's XP to be had and lore to collect ), I'm considering jumping on this purely for the soundtrack. DX:HR was excellent and from the vids I've seen (heard) of DX:MD it seems equally excellent in the sequel.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
24. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 13:11 peteham

How's the hacking minigame in this, I wonder? The one in DX:HR caused me major burn-out on that aspect on the game (still managed to finish the game). I'm a compulsive idiot so I'd need a mod to bypass it or something to even consider dipping into this one any time soon, if hacking is as plentiful..  

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
4. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 09:02 peteham

El Pit wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 03:18:
Isn't there another reddit thread full of caught cheaters licking their wounds? Any links, guys? Rotfl
I'm sure there's plenty, but someone posted this after the recent Overwatch ban wave. The level of stupid is quite impressive.

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
13. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 11:40 peteham

descender wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 09:45:
I'd still like them to include a simple scoreboard on TAB or something, where I can see individual frag counts.

No! I hope they never, ever add this. The lack of a K:D ratio being displayed is the only thing keeping people remotely focused on objectives.
It also gives the game a *much* nicer online-climate than I've ever witnessed in a team-based shooter. Sure, there's the occasional complainer claiming someone sucks (when it's usually the complainer himself) but they're surprisingly few and far between in Overwatch.

News Comments > The Division Underground Details
6. Re: The Division Underground Details Jun 15, 2016, 10:34 peteham

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 10:01:
He fixed it but I meant the Dev's working on the Division.
Was working on the weekly assignment and I had to go into the Dark Zone. I found one of the high end named NPC's. Took me about 20 mins to kill him and the other NPC's in the group (and a few deaths). A sealed Green container dropped off the guy (which like Diablo is part of a set). I then haul ass to one of the easier extraction areas, clear out the baddies and call in a helicopter to extract my goods.
4 other guys show up, helicopter drops it's chain and me and the other 4 guys hook up our loot. As soon as I turn around they have cut the rope and kill me. Not a fucking thing I could do, all that work for nothing.
I get risk vs reward, but it sucked and there was NO option besides just watch.
Tell me about it. The design of this game's PvP is so stupid it makes my mind boggle. Then they went and added rope-cutting to top it off. Disclaimer: I stopped playing before that patch and I'm never returning.

Their rogue flagging is a complete joke. It would be better to not have it and just let everyone shoot everything. I was playing with a friend once (i.e. we were two players) and of course, there's this 4 player gank squad with an artificially deflated gear level roaming around killing every solo player they can find.. So after a while we see them coming for us while we're fighting NPCs. So what do you do? Forget about shooting first. The ONLY thing that will accomplish is to flag you rogue, making you lose MORE exp when the one-shot you with superior gear, signature skills that are actually up because they haven't been fighting NPCs, etc. Forget about running anywhere because you can't fucking zone into a safe-room while they keep you in combat by periodically tapping you with stray bullets. And of course, you being the runner guarantees you'll be the one to grab the attention of additional NPCs.

Fuck this game.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 10:49 peteham

Man, I love this game. And from the looks of things, there's every reason to believe this DLC is as good (or better?) than Hearts of Stone.
The only sad part, then, is they won't be making more of them.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 25, 2016, 07:05 peteham

Mac wrote on May 25, 2016, 03:55:
Loot drops are a lot better, and the option to relax a little and do something worthwhile in the PVE area, which still nets High End Items is a welcome change.
Have they actually fixed anything, though, or just moved the goal post? I'm thinking of the previous patch where everyone started dropping yellows instead of purples? Great fun for a whole day, that was, and then it was back to the realization of just how inferior most of those drops actually were due to rolls. Needing to craft 50+ items to get something usable coupled with the ludicrous amounts of farming materials required. Bleh.

Unless you enjoy partaking in the grief-fest that is the Dark Zone, I still maintain this game has close to zero longevity for most people, once you've hit the level cap. The Dark Zone is still the main attraction, and even without the rampant cheating, it's mostly just an endless string of 4v1s, 4v2s or 4v3s, preferably while you're also fighting mobs. Anyone that enjoys actual player vs player combat where the outcome isn't determined by which team did the most Incursion glitch runs, will be better off with games like CS, BF, CoD or OW...

This comment was edited on May 25, 2016, 07:54.

News Comments > The Division Free Update Details
8. Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 08:42 peteham

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:35:
Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:23:
So is this thing dead yet or what?
The co-workers that talked me into getting this have all quit now. The game is shit once you've played through the PvE and have to start grinding. This update doesn't sound like it's going to do anything to fix any of the many many problems the game has.

Comes out the same day as Overwatch too, which is what everyone I know will be playing that day rather than this
Have the exact same experience as you. The end-game has left me with a bad taste regarding the entire game even though the co-up up to the level cap and a few trips to the DZ was fun the first couple of times. I can't see myself returning to the game short of them basically giving out a free expansion.

DarkZone PvP is a bad joke. Granted, I find "PvP" in gear-oriented games downright silly anyway, but Division's combination of signiture skills, loot and cheat infestation took it to new heights.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 17, 2016, 17:50 peteham

Looking forward to seeing the sequel. Started Pillars when it first came out, but didn't like it enough to get very far. Started another play after White March Pt. 2 came out, and surprisingly enjoyed it quite a bit, though was starting to get a bit burnt out by the repetition of combat before the end. Still, it's a much improved game compared to launch.

I'll never be a fan of real-time with pause, though. The harder fights/bosses were more of chore for me, than the treats they're probably intended to be. Much like Baldur's Gate before it, fights can be incredibly binary and so much of the challenge boils down to simply landing the right spells at the start of fights. For the Adra dragon in particular, the encounter can be incredibly easy if you manage to keep your party alive long enough to land a "lucky" paralyze, then just have your casters keep spamming paralyze scrolls along with debuffs until dead.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
46. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 05:48 peteham

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:15:
Edit: hmm... I don't see the deal on it at GMG either
Got it in one of their emails: overwatch-origins-edition , and then use 20OFF * at checkout. Don't know if it works since I can't even add to basket due to the aforementioned region restriction (or if the asterisk was just a footnote or actually part of the campaign code.)

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
39. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 20:34 peteham

GMG has the Origins edition at 20% off, so ~50 USD. The offer only seems to apply to the USA, as it's giving me a "not available in your region" prompt.
Like Sepharo said, the only difference from the standard edition is a few cosmetics. Not worth it for most people.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 21, 2016, 14:16 peteham

Also this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1437907-Changelog-April-21-2nd-maintenance .. Otherwise known as mending scratched paint while the ship is sinking.

The DarkZone is now close to unplayable unless you were/are one of the exploiters. I don't recall ever playing something this broken in the balance department, and the amount of stuff they've been inept enough to make client-side is pretty impressive. Bonus: I'm going to bet nobody is going to receive more than a three-day ban at most for taking advantage of the various flaws.

People already made weeks/months worth of progress with these exploits, getting full item sets and cash that legit players won't see in ages. I can't see nothing short of a complete rebalance/reset being effective. In the short term making GS240 the new "default" tier then adding some new stuff on top of that for challenging content. Meanwhile: Have fun trying to DarkZone while 4-player groups of terminators with GS240 roam around one-shotting you with your measly-yet-legit 180-200 gear. Obnoxious golf-clap emote on top of your corpse for the grand finale. Honestly, I doubt anyone plays this for real PvP as opposed to just the opportunity of griefing people. The DZ concept could've been amazing but it's paper thin for now, and the execution is terrible.

I'd still recommend it if all you're interested in is the 1-30 co-op experience with friends. Forget the rest of the game even exists at this point.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage?
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage? Apr 3, 2016, 08:35 peteham

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 06:40:
Absolutely loved the first ME, second was probably the worst sequel in the history of sequels and made me swear I`ll boycott Bioware products from now on.
Haha different strokes for different folks, I guess. ME2 is my absolute favorite of the series.

How anyone could want the Mako back after ME1 is beyond me Maybe the general idea of it wasn't so bad, but the execution didn't exactly leave me hoping for more. That goes both for driving it, and the generic box warehouses you had to walk through just so they could put "200 planets!" on the box cover.

As for the stats/weapon system in ME1, it was 99% menial labor and 1% depth. It was basically a leveled loot thread-mill that gave you no interesting choices to make. Just the dubious "pleasure" of cycling loot down the ranks as you found/unlocked the next tier every 5 character levels of so. Using the god-awful interface to do so (disclaimer: PC version may have been better here - I played ME1 on 360 before there was a PC version).

ME2 may have gone a bit overboard in addressing that by removing it entirely, but I still find that option *infinitely* better than the inventory management time-waster of ME1.

The generic utterly unenjoyable side missions, the inventory/loot fluff and the clunky controls/cover mechanics of the first game, are the main reasons why I can't ever bring myself to replay ME1. An Ultra Deluxe Edition Remake using the ME3 engine for all three games would be nice.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage?
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage? Apr 3, 2016, 08:23 peteham

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 04:55:
Garbitch footitch of wots sure to becum a garbitch game
carbitch**

News Comments > XCOM 2 Mods with Launch
9. Re: XCOM 2 Mods with Launch Jan 22, 2016, 07:49 peteham

I'm sure the base game will be great, but provided the modding community picks it up, it could have Skyrim-levels of longevity. Looking at the SDK details, this could really be one for the ages. Visual studio shell app, Unreal editor, and 50GB of assets, to name a couple of things. I hope it does well for them, and that we get an official expansion or ten too, if the quality is up to EU/EW levels

I don't really get hyped for new games like I used to a decade ago, but this game has me totally fanboying out. 500+ hours in EU/EW and LongWar (mostly the latter) may have something to do with it... Considering taking release day off for the first time in forever.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
4. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 10:37 peteham

Proof of how lazy I've become perhaps, but when I noticed it would require me to install and register for the Epic launcher, I did a 180. I don't need YET another launcher for a game I've already played, even when it's free

Really enjoyed it when I played it on 360 a while back, though. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the Metroidvania-genre.

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode
3. Re: New GTA Online Mode Nov 24, 2015, 16:59 peteham

Btw, any tips on how to consistently play with your friends _only_? Been trying to crew up with 4-5 IRL friends on weekends lately and the whole join process and stuff is just being a pain in the ass. Are we doing it wrong?

For one, "Join Crew Session" never works for me. I need someone to send me an invite. Extra annoyance points for having to go through the infinite loading screen every time.

Also, most "instanced" missions tend to kick at least one of us back to a public lobby/world. More loading screens, yay! Think about half my GTA:O time has been spent just looking at loading screens at this point.

Finally, any way to do the requisite story missions while having too few players - without having to bring in some random guy? Took me an hour to get through the first Lamar mission because the matchmaking would fail with "too few players" for whatever reason, or some dude would die repeatedly and fail the mission. Fun times.

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo