Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 668 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HELLDIVERS for PC Next Month
1. Re: HELLDIVERS for PC Next Month Nov 10, 2015, 11:02 Linksil

This is my most played game on PS4. Great little action game that can do a 10 min match or go for an hour plus mission, depending on how your feeling that day. The whole idea of every battle working towards the war effort is very rewarding too.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > How to Survive 2 Early Access
2. Re: How to Survive 2 Early Access Oct 30, 2015, 12:19 Linksil

Same thought I had at this news. Except I just restarted State of Decay: Year 1 and having a blast with that.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransaction Tweak
9. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransaction Tweak Oct 21, 2015, 13:46 Linksil

Razumen: The update wasn't that big, but they require over double the space of the full games install to install the update. It was one of their 1gig patches, but I'd just downloaded a ton of games and maxed out my drive. It wouldn't install the update until I cleared off almost 100gigs of space. Just bad update programming.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransaction Tweak
4. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransaction Tweak Oct 21, 2015, 11:40 Linksil

I was always put off by the whole way their patching system worked. It's a 20gig game and I needed 100gig's of free space to patch it once.

Other then that it's just a run of the mill grinding game. I found it a bit more fun then TF2, but there's a lot more to play out there.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 12:49 Linksil

They only think in terms of consoles now. Most big pub's do because that's where their movie killing cod/gta numbers come from. They did Mechwarrior with the whole online thing, but didn't really take off. Hexen and heretic I think they've become to PC for... but I need to play through the games again to really remember what they were about.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
4. Re: Saturday Patches Oct 18, 2015, 03:25 Linksil

There's a small community and they even have tournaments. Mainly EU and asia players though, so looking during normal US hours doesn't show that many people online. I love how the dev still works closely with the community, even while working on a new game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Chase Utley suspended 2 games... Oct 12, 2015, 12:57 Linksil

Rossini wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 12:13:
MLB should have let this be settled on the field. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly likely would have had Utley lead off tonight. Mets pitcher Matt Harvey then plunks him. Hard. And it's over.

He will still get a very close pitch to his face and the other team will get warned and we'll have unfair umps because they want to avoid a bench clearing brawl during the playoffs as much as possible. Two game suspension is VERY light for doing a season/career ending injury to someone. I always was in favor of the "you get suspended until the person you hurt is able to play again" when you purposely injure someone like he did rule.

I'm sorry but no matter how you look at it utley should have at least been out. He was touched by the player with the ball before he touched the bag (something he never did before leaving the field of play). I don't care about some obscure rule someone will try to dig up, I was always taught if you where tagged/touched by the person with the ball your out.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
24. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 11:36 Linksil

I kinda like how you can blow off different parts and the fire comes out of each one... but shouldn't these ships implode instead of explode? Was really hoping they'ed do that be cause fire in space can be really pretty. Oh wait I think that was the 250mil goal.  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
3. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 13, 2015, 18:35 Linksil

I was waiting for a 75% off sale after the bad reviews. But this is tempting.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Itís been confirmed: competitive Call of Duty is ditching Xbox one for PS4 Aug 6, 2015, 13:16 Linksil

Yea the whole limiting to one system makes sense from a competition... but why not limit it to the most powerful system(PC)? Oh wait there's a lot of background money going around. If we're talking about esports most of it is on PC and it always seemed strange to me that COD jumped off so quick.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Teaser Video
2. Re: Mirror's Edge Teaser Video Aug 4, 2015, 14:27 Linksil

Forcing a sub to see a promo video really puts me off. God I hope this game turns out good.  

News Comments > ZOMBI Announced
4. Re: ZOMBI Announced Jul 30, 2015, 20:22 Linksil

All I remember about this game is not playing it much due to needing to play it during the middle of the night when there was no light because everything was dark, dark, dark. Not even the good dark. Yet it was still fun...  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
1. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 11:43 Linksil

I still have a lot of the PS4 version to do... let alone the last few ports have not been great. What about FF13-3?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 27, 2015, 13:14 Linksil

This Keyboard seems to be missing 2 rows of buttons to even make it viable. I tried using something like this a while back that had 3 rows instead of the 2 and it just didn't work well. Missing 1234 and zxcv is really annoying after years and years of a keyboard.  

News Comments > Submerged Next Week
4. Re: Submerged Next Week Jul 27, 2015, 12:51 Linksil

This is going to depend on the price... but I think i'll wait a few months for it to show up free on PS+.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
5. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 14:33 Linksil

I'm going to come out and say it. You don't need to write/have a good storyline to have an enjoyable Single player game. DOOM was very enjoyable and I think the whole storyline was an afterthought. Some of us just sometimes like to have action and well designed levels of action/killing and THAT makes it a good single player game. Co-Op puts a whole different twist on how levels are designed and pacing of the game, so it makes sense for them to leave it out and focus on single player.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2015, 11:43 Linksil

Why can't the gov just make it so AT&T needs to deploy the fiber they already promised (was it 5... 10 years ago?), THEN deploy to the 12.5mil new users, THEN they can get approval to merge. It's crap like this that makes people really not trust your gov.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
7. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 19, 2015, 01:41 Linksil

You do realize that SC on steam just launches uplay(like farcry does)?  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
17. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 14:23 Linksil

The entitlement I mentioned was more just the general PC gamers with being able to do anything or a lot more with the games. We had it in the past (I wish we still did) but a lot of people post up like it's required as a "PC" game/port. Might be using the wrong word, but it's the stance behind what's expected.(Which everyone expects different things thankfully)

As for the 30 fps thing. I think it was based off movies to start with their 24. I didn't mean it to sound like it's the max we see(which can't be defined) so much as what's the min for comfortable viewing/playing. I know the higher fps movies almost looked fake/bad to me when they came out with a few in the past. Everyones ideal fps is going to be different, but it's more amusing to me that on the consoles vs the pc there's a way bigger space of what's the ideal. Being playable/acceptable/wanted are all different to each and personally i'd love if they made 60-90 the standard, but to each their own. I think the demanding of a higher fps is also something that's always going to be in the PC realm of gaming, esp when you have people that think they're suppose get 100+ just because they threw a lot of money at a system. It's going to come down to the middle ground when making games and us having to accept it.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
4. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:04 Linksil

I don't remember the exact numbers. But it's around 30 the eye's see at. 60 being a more stable number(and game target) because of drops and other things keeping it over that 30 just in case. But some games are frame specific, Q3A was the first one I noticed this in that you can do moves/jumps if your over 100fps only. Some games lock their fps because animations and systems will be tied to it. I think a lot of it is entitlement but there's a good amount of reasoning at the same time.  

668 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo