Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 656 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 02:43 Linksil

Does this mean It will finally remove that damn box from the corner of the screen without hacking your own ini's. Oh wait it means they're just going to force upgrade everyone that hasn't.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New CoD Title Revealed?
8. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 11:53 Linksil

I'm in the same boat. Except I didn't even buy the last two because of this very reason. Funny thing was I was just talking to some co workers about the same thing and how I another series was deciding to skip a year about this time. I would LOVE a 4 year cycle on these with the 4th year being some kind of totally different game or new ip.  

News Comments > Paragon Beta Weekend
2. Re: 404 error! Apr 26, 2016, 11:40 Linksil

Why not just you know... put out a real beta and let people at it? I hate these weekend only beta's(really demos at this point) that leave the people that work on weekends out in the cold for looking at games.  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 23, 2016, 01:11 Linksil

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 22:41:
NotOneOfUs wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:29:
Where's the setting to make it not feel like Halo?

So did Halo speed up by like a factor of ten in its 4th and 5th installment? Or are people seeing a weapon limit and a melee attack and able to make no other comparison?

I didn't care for the beta, but Halo's slow movement speed, regenerating health, relative player vulnerability, and atypical weapons were no where to be seen. I honestly don't see where the Halo comparison is coming from, unless its just a generic way of saying "I didn't like it."

DOOM beta movement felt slower then any Halo game i've played(that's all but the last one) Look of the armor, two wep limit,loadouts, specials, same slow speed, melee are where most of it's coming from. Weapon damage felt the same to me too except the RL felt SO under powered even on direct shots. Levels were so small you prob thought it was faster then it is.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
32. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 23:15 Linksil

Overwatch feels like a faster game. Playing both today and some marvel heroes, i'd say the slowest in overwatch is = to DOOM marine for speed. So sad. Only way DOOM is fast is that fact that most guns except the RL will one shot you and you respawn fast. Levels are so small that you will to be in the action as you respawn, and slow movement means no tactical combat. Don't get me started on the "finishing moves" and how they basically mean you die in animation lock.  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
10. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 15, 2016, 12:46 Linksil

I'm having issues with the sounds in game. The super shotgun is ultra quiet and for some reason it seems like there's no footsteps/markers for tracking people. Also the game feels really really slow. I keep wanting to hit shift to run and realize it's the push to talk key by default. When you get shot and the only queue is red flashing which blends in with the rest of the UI/level colors the sounds issues become way worse too.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2016, 13:23 Linksil

More likely this is an early prototype for PS5. But you know rumors make better news.  

News Comments > More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi
10. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 13:19 Linksil

I don't see ubisoft as not having talent... I see it as them limiting and keeping the talent to games which are considered safe. Haven't seen anything really great/new out of them in a long time. I mean I have a good time playing a lot of the games(would be better without uplay) but there's a LOT of potential that's squashed. Never go into a ubi game with much hope for innovation.

Reading this and thinking about what I know of the company from other press it seems like they're talking about two different things.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2016, 12:21 Linksil

It might be interesting way to help settle the whole console wars. But then again I can see them blaming lag on each others networks.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
33. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 19:58 Linksil

I can't be the only one thinking the voice over for kill(sprees?) Is just horrible!. If they let us edit it that's fine... but right now it sounds like someone recorded that on a monday morning with no coffee.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
10. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 9, 2016, 23:26 Linksil

Yea without an open beta to feel it myself I have a really hard time being sold on this new "fast" MP. I still compare everything to tribes in terms of speed.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2016, 14:40 Linksil

Right now from what I have heard it's the same as shooting down/at a plane. IE $500,000 fine and up to 20 years in jail. Since they are considered small aircraft.  

News Comments > Deponia Doomsday Next Week
1. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 25, 2016, 11:16 Linksil

I really like this series. I haven't had this much fun since space quest.  

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
5. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 13:39 Linksil

I am slightly excited about this, but it's going to be a very hard buy without some type of sale. The gameplay looks fun until they throw in all the "kill" animations. I know you trigger them yourself... but when it's the only way to get extra health/ammo to fly out of the corpses it seems like you'll be forced to do it a lot. I know the animators need to be paid but there are only so many times you can watch the same stuff happen.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2016, 12:43 Linksil

One of the few games I was thinking about tipping me towards getting a Xbox one finally. I really really really hate they are pulling the whole windows 10 only crap. Didn't that happen with Vista and Halo? I do love how the reason it's windows 10 only is because you have to buy it through their store and it has "cross saves" both things you don't have to have locked to a single OS.

Well my morning rant is over for now.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
14. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 13:53 Linksil

I heard a lot of youtubers got the preview/review build early. There's one youtuber that has a ton of preview videos about it, and is doing a lets play legend diff right off because of all the time he's had with the game already.

TB said in his review it was a 60 hour campaign on classic.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2016, 14:02.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion and Patch This Month Feb 4, 2016, 19:09 Linksil

I was waiting for White March to be released before diving into this. Then again I still didn't get through enough of my backlog to start another RPG  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 13:42 Linksil

I fired up the game for the first time last night... after about 10 mins to get the account to reg with steam. Another 10 mins wondering around the menu's and then I went into the tutorials. The first one on the list has you shooting canisters. NO help except a prompt to hit T to target... but you have to MOVE to see them before you can target. Hitting all the keys resulted in movement but about 1/2 way through I realized I need to just shut it down until I get a stick/throttle i've been waiting for. Moving the mouse didn't even tilt/pitch my craft. Oh yea in game movement tutorials linked to youtube videos which talked about using a flight stick and no mention of keyboards.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 9, 2016, 14:20 Linksil

When they start talking about upgrade path and mods for weapons they make me wonder about the game. I know it's not going to be DOOM, but a game within the DOOM setting. Here's hoping they can do better then the last 3 times.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:52 Linksil

Also think of how many SW bundles got sold.  

656 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo