Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 22, 2016, 12:57 Linksil

I stayed with uverse through them lieing about my speeds(saying i'd get more when I switched), charging me more for less, adding on fee's every month, then stealing my modem I paid for(because they sold me the wrong one in the first place). Putting in the cap was basically the icing that made switching a LOT easier. We here in the US are fucked for any good internet option, yay for being a 3rd world country. We really need to just make it a basic right like water and power and fully reg it at this point. Independent market is not working for internet.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2016, 00:21 Linksil

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 12:45:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 11:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 11:33:
some delusional MS executive

Hahahaha.

I wonder if "demand is high" because people see the S and think this is Scorpio, a year early. I hope not. That'd be...very disappointing.

Yeah another MS marketing fail. I assume the S is slim and it's basically just a slim bone. Don't care if I'm right or wrong on this one.

Problem with this that I see is that yes it's a slim xbone, but it's also got the 4k player/HDR. To handle the HDR you need to have the machine be faster and just better. But they want to handicap it so it's fully backwards compat. Also you need a good HDMI cable to handle the image properly, but they are including the same 42cent cable they have in the xbone that hardly supports 1080p. So people that buy this, will think it's better, but everything will just turn out bad.

News Comments > Twitch Banning CS Skin Gambling Streams
4. Re: SUE THE MARBLE MANUFACTURERS! Jul 15, 2016, 10:47 Linksil

Twitch is banning them because it breaks the TOS of valve(at least that's the reason) and not because they break Twitch TOS. If People streaming poker or whatever else is gambling and the TOS of the poker sites said "Your not allowed to stream and play" they would do the same thing.

I find it more amusing to watch what happens to these "popular" streamers that ONLY do this. In a break of a weekend tournament a few weeks back, I decided to check out CS:go streams, and all the top ones were just gambling instead of playing.

Sueing the marbles is in reference to people turning it from a game to a gambling system. I kinda just wish they would legalize all gambling and make a quick end to this.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 1, 2016, 11:54 Linksil

I love battlefield games, but between not even picking up hardline and this looking like a bad remake of the first game we will see. Betas(demos) having helped me with bf3/4 for picking it up, but with hardline it made it a no buy. Oh yea weren't they going to take a year off of BF games or was that another series?  

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
4. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 27, 2016, 23:23 Linksil

I've been thinking about picking this up as a new loot grind game, but I keep hearing really bad things mixed with the good to put me off... steam sale of it really wasn't that big either.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Updates Video
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Updates Video Jun 25, 2016, 14:03 Linksil

I still drop in for a game every now and then. The community is small, but strong and there might not be just tons of people playing at any given moment, but they have a lot of premade teams and games. Also most of their team is working on subnatica so giving free updates to their old game is nice.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2016, 12:25 Linksil

10 times the speed... so you can hit your data cap that much faster. I really wonder what it would take to outlaw/ban datacaps.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 1
2. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 1 Jun 17, 2016, 09:57 Linksil

Compared to last year the coverage seemed really lacking(only was xbox on tv) and every time I switched on twitch it seemed like the same 3 games where being covered. There's a few things i'm looking forwards too, but nothing new jumped out as a must play.  

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
5. Re: The Surge Trailer Jun 17, 2016, 09:55 Linksil

First one was Okay for an american suspense story.
Second one was great for a mindless action movie(ala die hard) in the same story world.
Third one(coming soon) looks like a action/suspense mix and uses the characters from the first two movies.
I do like that they are expanding the whole purge world with the movies and didn't try to stick with just the same thing over and over(ie SAW). I do wonder why people don't just leave or if there are towns that don't participate.

I got nothing from the Surge trailer other then "show me the game next time"

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Revealed?
7. Re: The poster is a bit blurry Jun 7, 2016, 15:04 Linksil

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 02:33:
Linksil wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 00:25:
I'm REALLY hating this whole MS play store only games. Throw it on steam also and give people a choice at least.

Heh, so now you know how people who don`t use Steam feel

Nothing to do with knowing how people that don't use Steam feel. It's about being forced to upgrade to Windows 10 to USE their store. If there was a real reason for forcing an upgrade(tech not lazyness), that's fine, but there is not; except to force the whole win 10 upgrade. A company wanting DRM is there choice, but if your not using Steam that's your choice. To use the windows store you have to give up a lot more then if your just using Steam. Make a windows store version for win 7/8 and it would be fine.(Well not really but it would be better)

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Revealed?
3. Re: The poster is a bit blurry Jun 7, 2016, 00:25 Linksil

One of the articles had an update. It's listing it as a Xbone and Win 10 only through their MS store.

I'm REALLY hating this whole MS play store only games. Throw it on steam also and give people a choice at least.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Four
3. Re: Diablo III Turns Four May 16, 2016, 10:56 Linksil

That's kinda horrible that you can't even turn on the whole extra xp/loot drop for a week/weekend. Shows how little they care about D3 still.  

News Comments > DOOM Released
90. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 23:44 Linksil

Sepharo wrote on May 13, 2016, 23:03:
Creston wrote on May 13, 2016, 23:00:
Beamer wrote on May 13, 2016, 19:07:
Also, do you like exploring? So do I! However, you'd better not finish a session exploring, because you lose your loot. You need to finish on a battle. Did you clear the level of all enemies and are now secret hunting? Better not need to quit before you finish, because there's no way to save.

Holy shit that is fucking retarded. What moron at id came up with this horseshit??

Basically you need to start the next area/encounter for the save to kick off right? Yeah I hate that shit.

This is FALSE. It saves when you pick up any special item/secret/power, but if you die you'll start back at the last checkpoint. Progress is still saved, so if you died jumping back from the cliff you just got the secret from you STILL HAVE IT and don't have to do the jumping/cliff again. I just did this in the game so yea, takes maybe 15-20 seconds to get back to where you died in most cases from checkpoints. You don't keep ammo/armor though.

News Comments > DOOM Released
5. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 10:45 Linksil

I played for 2 hours and had to force myself to stop for some sleep since it was 1am, I LOVE opening up the map(yay for needing/having one) and seeing all the little paths branching around. Also when i'm about to leave and see a greyed out area I find myself going back to find out what I missed. I pulled the trigger because I saw the aussies playing it and well the single player is 100% different game then the MP demo. Shame they didn't release "critic" copies or such. Also saw it on sale for 45$.

Runs great on my old system 2500k(3.5ghz) win 7, gtx 770 4gb. 50-60fps depending on situation. Had that same thing as the demo on first startup where the logo's took forever to load/run, but on second startup they were fine.

Snap map looks cool and really open, but focusing on campaign first. Oh yea there's a story and it's just enough to be interesting without interfering.

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
33. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 12, 2016, 00:19 Linksil

Sepharo wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:29:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:25:
Fucking $80? Suck my balls! Can't say I much care for the stylized look either.

$60.
What's the deal with people using digital deluxe prices all the time lately? Same thing was happening with Overwatch.

Because the deluxe is what used to be called the normal game. Not to mention all the "cut" dlc depending on who you ask/what game. Some games you can't even get the best play options without getting the deluxe edition.

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
25. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 23:01 Linksil

Darks wrote on May 10, 2016, 15:43:
Linksil wrote on May 10, 2016, 14:02:
Frijoles wrote on May 10, 2016, 10:48:
25% off coupon over at GMG, bringing the cost to $30. If Doom wasn't launching in 2 days... ugg. Too many games.

I'd love it if I could get a 25% off DOOM. Still on the fence and that would prob tip it over. 30$ for this is way too tempting. Oh yea don't forget Uncharted 4 came out this week.

you can, its called G2A.com and its about 34 dollars on their site.

I've had a few friends say they all got screwed out of money with bad codes on G2A so i've avoided it over the years.

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
15. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 14:02 Linksil

Frijoles wrote on May 10, 2016, 10:48:
25% off coupon over at GMG, bringing the cost to $30. If Doom wasn't launching in 2 days... ugg. Too many games.

I'd love it if I could get a 25% off DOOM. Still on the fence and that would prob tip it over. 30$ for this is way too tempting. Oh yea don't forget Uncharted 4 came out this week.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 10:59 Linksil

descender wrote on May 6, 2016, 09:58:
All they will have to do to force you to upgrade is stop patching your old OS. Don't look for conspiracies where there is no need for one.

It was 1/2 joke and 1/2 worry. If they stop patching it's not a force upgrade. It's just with all the crap they pulled on win10 it's not hard to expect something like this.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 02:43 Linksil

Does this mean It will finally remove that damn box from the corner of the screen without hacking your own ini's. Oh wait it means they're just going to force upgrade everyone that hasn't.  

News Comments > New CoD Title Revealed?
8. Re: New CoD Title Revealed? Apr 27, 2016, 11:53 Linksil

I'm in the same boat. Except I didn't even buy the last two because of this very reason. Funny thing was I was just talking to some co workers about the same thing and how I another series was deciding to skip a year about this time. I would LOVE a 4 year cycle on these with the 4th year being some kind of totally different game or new ip.  

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo