Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 668 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2016, 13:00 Linksil

It's the Halloween sale. So not only do they put trash on sale like normal sales. You are limited to the "scary" themed games and this just makes it look like even more trash. There's a few gems hidden in there, but most people have them already.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
3. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 12:14 Linksil

Controllers seem small. Also will be interesting to see how it communicates with the tablet. Specs are going to rule this one, ie power vs battery life. I know for my WiiU the extended cable was basically required for any long gaming session(Xeno) to charge it and was one of the reasons I never finished the game.

I do worry about the longevity of the snapping device on the sides. Software 3rd party is about the same as every time they release a console. IF they come out is another question.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
5. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 11:35 Linksil

PHJF wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 10:49:
Is buying up bankrupted IPs and slapping "xXx Edition" on them before reselling them a lucrative business practice? Guess it's easier than making your own game.

Seems like standard practice now... other then remake XXX brand FPS with slightly updated graphics and a new DLC. I do like remasters when done right, but this seems like they are using it as a reason to not support backwards compatibility now.

News Comments > David Brevik Assisting New "Diablo-Like" Game
7. Re: David Brevik Assisting New Oct 17, 2016, 21:40 Linksil

Burned by the hype, not the game. Esp with all the news about how far along it was when they finally canned it.  

News Comments > David Brevik Assisting New "Diablo-Like" Game
1. Re: David Brevik Assisting New Oct 17, 2016, 12:21 Linksil

If their big announcement at blizzcon is a diablo "like" game for the 20th ann, they better have it coming out before December. Otherwise leave it in the box until it's done. Got burned bad enough on Ghost with blizzards hype train. Then again I think rockstar is taking hype to a whole new lvl right now.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 11:25 Linksil

Yep and i'm sure there's something in there that makes it so you can't get a refund. Preorder "bonus" is getting really dumb. That aside, this does look pretty good, but i'm still going to wait for real reviews.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Tools Beta
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Tools Beta Sep 28, 2016, 04:13 Linksil

So what I get from this is that they made everything in the DLC and main game of BO3 with prealpha tools? Like wow how do you release a working game, when you can't even finish your own in house editor?  

News Comments > Fractured Space Launches
1. Re: Fractured Space Launches Sep 22, 2016, 19:22 Linksil

Been playing this off and on for the two years of EA... it's a blast, I wouldn't really consider it a MOBA. Although they have leaned a bit more towards it with the last few updates. The F2P wasn't that far behind P2W players either so it wasn't like some games that totally cock blocked the free person.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
10. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 21:40 Linksil

Only an idiot would get confused with battle.net and blizzard not being the same thing. This is some CEO wanting to do something to make sure he get's a bonus/keeps investors happy with "change".  

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
3. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 13, 2016, 22:41 Linksil

I remember playing the First one on console and being really annoyed by the time limit. The fact you keep your stats when you fail is okay, but never enough comfort to make me finish the game.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2016, 15:54 Linksil

What Beamer said. Basicly it's not worth it not to spend the little extra and get the HDR now. Only beware there are 3 different formats(the lower two are fighting it out HDR10 vs Dolby Vision) HDR10 is static vs vision which is dynamic. I'm not sure how this will play out on video games though. For TV's I know it's only 100$ difference in most models.

One thing I did notice with hdr tv's, is that forcing them to do hdr on non HDR content is hit or miss, and it misses really bad.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 13:30 Linksil

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 12:29:

* JDreyer waits patiently for RimWorld to go on sale *

*waits for the same thing*

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
5. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 12:21 Linksil

I think the 2000% buff is in part just to stress the servers with extra drops.

I love beta testing and such, but with D3 it's not like it's new content. All you get out of this is hearing that Legendary noise over and over.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
3. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 12:48 Linksil

I'm glad there is something finally coming out of the kickstarter that I paid for a long time ago. It is slightly disturbing to see them playing this is a controller on the PC though instead of mouse/keyboard and flightstick. The tech is turning out pretty good and I hope they share it a bit to allow others to work with it(modding).

I guess it's time to ignore all their info for another year or two, and i'll one day get an email with a download code for a finished game. Then it will come down to just buying a new HD just to hold the game files.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 22, 2016, 12:57 Linksil

I stayed with uverse through them lieing about my speeds(saying i'd get more when I switched), charging me more for less, adding on fee's every month, then stealing my modem I paid for(because they sold me the wrong one in the first place). Putting in the cap was basically the icing that made switching a LOT easier. We here in the US are fucked for any good internet option, yay for being a 3rd world country. We really need to just make it a basic right like water and power and fully reg it at this point. Independent market is not working for internet.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2016, 00:21 Linksil

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 12:45:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 11:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 11:33:
some delusional MS executive

Hahahaha.

I wonder if "demand is high" because people see the S and think this is Scorpio, a year early. I hope not. That'd be...very disappointing.

Yeah another MS marketing fail. I assume the S is slim and it's basically just a slim bone. Don't care if I'm right or wrong on this one.

Problem with this that I see is that yes it's a slim xbone, but it's also got the 4k player/HDR. To handle the HDR you need to have the machine be faster and just better. But they want to handicap it so it's fully backwards compat. Also you need a good HDMI cable to handle the image properly, but they are including the same 42cent cable they have in the xbone that hardly supports 1080p. So people that buy this, will think it's better, but everything will just turn out bad.

News Comments > Twitch Banning CS Skin Gambling Streams
4. Re: SUE THE MARBLE MANUFACTURERS! Jul 15, 2016, 10:47 Linksil

Twitch is banning them because it breaks the TOS of valve(at least that's the reason) and not because they break Twitch TOS. If People streaming poker or whatever else is gambling and the TOS of the poker sites said "Your not allowed to stream and play" they would do the same thing.

I find it more amusing to watch what happens to these "popular" streamers that ONLY do this. In a break of a weekend tournament a few weeks back, I decided to check out CS:go streams, and all the top ones were just gambling instead of playing.

Sueing the marbles is in reference to people turning it from a game to a gambling system. I kinda just wish they would legalize all gambling and make a quick end to this.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 1, 2016, 11:54 Linksil

I love battlefield games, but between not even picking up hardline and this looking like a bad remake of the first game we will see. Betas(demos) having helped me with bf3/4 for picking it up, but with hardline it made it a no buy. Oh yea weren't they going to take a year off of BF games or was that another series?  

News Comments > The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow
4. Re: The Division Patch & Expansion Tomorrow Jun 27, 2016, 23:23 Linksil

I've been thinking about picking this up as a new loot grind game, but I keep hearing really bad things mixed with the good to put me off... steam sale of it really wasn't that big either.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Updates Video
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Updates Video Jun 25, 2016, 14:03 Linksil

I still drop in for a game every now and then. The community is small, but strong and there might not be just tons of people playing at any given moment, but they have a lot of premade teams and games. Also most of their team is working on subnatica so giving free updates to their old game is nice.  

668 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo