Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 694 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
14. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 12:11 Linksil

I just wonder WHY they're allowed to patent this. Any person with 1/2 a brain would say this is just another way to match players online. Now they can basically claim ANY MM game is infringing on their patent and sue them. Most will settle because it's better then dragging it out in court and also exposing code to public record.  
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
6. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 28, 2017, 01:16 Linksil

So it's basically like the first Saints Row Game? I know I didn't hear about it until it was being released on a tuesday.  

News Comments > The Division Free Content This Fall
6. Re: The Division Free Content This Fall Aug 31, 2017, 04:46 Linksil

This game didn't really get good until around the second DLC from the season pass. By then they had fixed most of the launch problems, and basicly Diablo with guns is the best way I describe it to friends. I'm glad they decided to treat this game right and keep up the free updates instead of just dropping it. I think they did it in part because the latest one would have flopped bigger if they didn't show support of this long term.  

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Trailer Aug 17, 2017, 10:37 Linksil

I guess it's time to get around to finishing the first game. I got about 1/2 way threw it and lost interest the first time.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Released
7. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 7, 2017, 23:56 Linksil

I played the alpha and beta's.... I saw nothing like what's in the video too. Speed seemed a lot slower except in a few bursts of a few seconds. The low/no grav places felt clunky and most people avoided them. Still going to try some rounds of the full game, but def one of the hype machines getting carried away.  

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
2. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 10:31 Linksil

I put way too many hours into this game and got a lot of the content. I took a 6 month break and came back to a totally new game and went from 95% completion to 55%. The base game was still the same, but they do as much tweaking/rehauls of the systems in game it's like a wow exp every 6 months. IE gotta relearn quiet a bit.

That aside I still get tempted to play it again... just another 100 hours... just another... arg.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 19, 2017, 11:11 Linksil

LG has have a gallery mode with famous artwork on their OLED for the last 2 years... and most people walking around in the store I work in stop to look at those instead of the Samsungs, esp for the price.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend
15. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend May 5, 2017, 02:01 Linksil

Kxmode: What do you propose instead of season pass? I mean they can put out all the DLC and then just bundle it latter as a pass. But most passes tell you what to expect and when to expect it. And us as normal gamers expect a 3-6month delay off that time. I wish we didn't live in a world with seasons passes, but younger gamer's seem to be about instant gratification and that's what the pass gives them vs our older expansion pack model. Also people keep expecting more and more out of each expansion.

Crowdfunding I don't mind as long as it's done right and you know what to expect from your money. Also letting you into the dev and influence the game is neat. Although this is almost never the case. EA's just seem like a total money grab at this point so many never finish. I wouldn't mind new laws punishing those that didn't release a full product.

11. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend May 4, 2017, 19:48 Linksil

Kxmode wrote on May 4, 2017, 13:40:
Linksil wrote on May 4, 2017, 13:02:
Because you have to really pound into the game to get through all the free content.

In difference to your asinine comment, I do not want to play for free. I merely want to test drive the product, like I do before buying other products such as cars and music.

Nothing asinine about my comment. The fact that you took it as to saying you want to play the whole game for free is just a reflection on yourself and your views. I agree with today's game market, demos and ways to try the game on your system before buying it is even more important.

I was more pointing out that they are more likely to do this now because the amount of content is enough, that most players, aren't getting through it in a weekend. This makes them more likely to buy the game that's over a year old and had a horrible launch. Also they have all the DLC content which flushes out the game even more.

Sadly I see us moving more towards paid alpha/beta tests for reduced trials instead of real demos.

3. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Free Weekend May 4, 2017, 13:02 Linksil

Because you have to really pound into the game to get through all the free content. Also this game is WAY better then when it was at launch. I'm actually hoping for a season 2 to see where they can take the story/gameplay.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Teaser
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Teaser Apr 14, 2017, 23:42 Linksil

So this will be the leaked trailer with no in game play footage again... *sigh* I love the internet, but sometimes what it's done with marketing is just bad.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy. Mar 24, 2017, 03:22 Linksil

I still don't understand how you can't vote. I mean that's like your whole job other then screwing over the real tax payers. Not that it mattered because if it was a 50/50 vote it would still pass.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 22, 2017, 21:31 Linksil

Why the HELL is armor popping out of people when you kill them?

Also looks like a bit of console auto aim going down.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
10. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 19:45 Linksil

I was really looking forward to this... then they hit us with classes and special skills. There better be a "classic/real" mode that lets you just play a pure straight arena shooter or I see this getting lost in a sea of clones it comes from. Then again it's also F2Pay.

I thought the whole point of this game was to go BACK to balanced arena shooters.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Why you should use action center Mar 15, 2017, 11:21 Linksil

We just set up one of the new samsung's at work(8000 series). It did not impress. It's a lot brighter then last years model, but as soon as I put in something with a small hint of black it looked like last years 5000 series. Maybe it's their renumbering(which is really really annoying) but so far i'm not liking their qleds compared to sony's E series or oled. I do set to set up their 9000 series next week so that will be interesting.

Also samsung does NOT like to drop their prices on the sets.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend Feb 23, 2017, 22:10 Linksil

Sp is the only reason I'd download it. What they need to do is have a free weekend, on the launch weekend, for PC and then you might get interest.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2017, 14:19 Linksil

Yet it's not like Aspen and NY are close to CA. If you live in CA you get boned.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2017, 13:24 Linksil

Why have a public posting for a invite only event? How many people are going to just show up because they don't read or think they can just get in anyways?  

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
2. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 10:29 Linksil

Funny that they test it on Blizzard's game(Overwatch) instead of their own game.

This was my first thought from my just woken up brain. I think it's really the codename of the human checkers instead, but amusing none the less.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers
2. Re: Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers Feb 10, 2017, 11:20 Linksil

Waiting until your starting weapon is your dong mod.

That aside I did like what I was seeing out of the twitch streams. Here is hoping they can iron everything out and start adding content.

694 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo