Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 683 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy. Mar 24, 2017, 03:22 Linksil

I still don't understand how you can't vote. I mean that's like your whole job other then screwing over the real tax payers. Not that it mattered because if it was a 50/50 vote it would still pass.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 22, 2017, 21:31 Linksil

Why the HELL is armor popping out of people when you kill them?

Also looks like a bit of console auto aim going down.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
10. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 19:45 Linksil

I was really looking forward to this... then they hit us with classes and special skills. There better be a "classic/real" mode that lets you just play a pure straight arena shooter or I see this getting lost in a sea of clones it comes from. Then again it's also F2Pay.

I thought the whole point of this game was to go BACK to balanced arena shooters.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Why you should use action center Mar 15, 2017, 11:21 Linksil

We just set up one of the new samsung's at work(8000 series). It did not impress. It's a lot brighter then last years model, but as soon as I put in something with a small hint of black it looked like last years 5000 series. Maybe it's their renumbering(which is really really annoying) but so far i'm not liking their qleds compared to sony's E series or oled. I do set to set up their 9000 series next week so that will be interesting.

Also samsung does NOT like to drop their prices on the sets.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend Feb 23, 2017, 22:10 Linksil

Sp is the only reason I'd download it. What they need to do is have a free weekend, on the launch weekend, for PC and then you might get interest.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2017, 14:19 Linksil

Yet it's not like Aspen and NY are close to CA. If you live in CA you get boned.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2017, 13:24 Linksil

Why have a public posting for a invite only event? How many people are going to just show up because they don't read or think they can just get in anyways?  

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
2. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 10:29 Linksil

Funny that they test it on Blizzard's game(Overwatch) instead of their own game.

This was my first thought from my just woken up brain. I think it's really the codename of the human checkers instead, but amusing none the less.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers
2. Re: Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers Feb 10, 2017, 11:20 Linksil

Waiting until your starting weapon is your dong mod.

That aside I did like what I was seeing out of the twitch streams. Here is hoping they can iron everything out and start adding content.

News Comments > Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM PC Plans
3. Re: Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM PC Plans Jan 26, 2017, 11:45 Linksil

Considering that they killed your mother in the first section of the first game and there's a ton of adult themes throughout the game, I wouldn't really call it a kids RPG. Don't let the art style fool you. While a totally dark world would be interesting, this is more a "ideal" world with real issues boiling around hidden beneath the surface.  

News Comments > Atlas Reactor Season 2; Game Now Free-to-Play
2. Re: Atlas Reactor Season 2; Game Now Free-to-Play Jan 18, 2017, 11:16 Linksil

Trion's grave mishandling of ArcheAge(one of the best MMO's i've played) has put a very sour taste in my mouth for anything they call "Free to play". They seem to define play as being able to log in, but if you really want to play you better open up that credit card. I know this is a different type of game but still it's the company management level I always worry about. Same thing happened with the defience game, but I heard that came down mostly from scifi channels part.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
9. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 14:40 Linksil

I see more balancing for network and random shit that happens once you throw something out for testing, to make it a more consistent ability.

The fact that ana's grenade is still op after the reduction in healing, is just how amazing it is.

Sombra they need to make her starting to hack break her out of stealth. That way you can surprise someone and then start hacking them instead of waiting for the full timer to expire. Other then that I love what they're doing with her.

I'm just glad we have a test server instead of them doing it all on live.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 8, 2017, 13:33 Linksil

Not just banning cheaters, but a lot of people that think they're "leet" and buy second/third accounts to pown newbies at lower ranks. It's amazing how many copies of this game moves. Also you have to remember there are a LOT of 5$ sales. Still a great buy for valve when they picked it up.  

News Comments > GTA Online Gets Wintery
3. Re: GTA Online Gets Wintery Dec 25, 2016, 14:30 Linksil

I just logged in for the first time in a long time. The snow driving is soo much fun and the world looks great. They really need to make this at least one weekend a month or something like that. Looks amazing too.  

News Comments > The Division Free Weekend
3. Re: The Division Free Weekend Dec 14, 2016, 21:28 Linksil

I've been putting way more time then I thought I would into this when I got it on the last steam sale(which was more then 50% off). Been filling that jump in for an hour a loot grind and just started doing survival which is great. One of the few season passes that you get your money out of.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2016, 13:00 Linksil

It's the Halloween sale. So not only do they put trash on sale like normal sales. You are limited to the "scary" themed games and this just makes it look like even more trash. There's a few gems hidden in there, but most people have them already.  

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
3. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 12:14 Linksil

Controllers seem small. Also will be interesting to see how it communicates with the tablet. Specs are going to rule this one, ie power vs battery life. I know for my WiiU the extended cable was basically required for any long gaming session(Xeno) to charge it and was one of the reasons I never finished the game.

I do worry about the longevity of the snapping device on the sides. Software 3rd party is about the same as every time they release a console. IF they come out is another question.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
5. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 11:35 Linksil

PHJF wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 10:49:
Is buying up bankrupted IPs and slapping "xXx Edition" on them before reselling them a lucrative business practice? Guess it's easier than making your own game.

Seems like standard practice now... other then remake XXX brand FPS with slightly updated graphics and a new DLC. I do like remasters when done right, but this seems like they are using it as a reason to not support backwards compatibility now.

News Comments > David Brevik Assisting New "Diablo-Like" Game
7. Re: David Brevik Assisting New Oct 17, 2016, 21:40 Linksil

Burned by the hype, not the game. Esp with all the news about how far along it was when they finally canned it.  

News Comments > David Brevik Assisting New "Diablo-Like" Game
1. Re: David Brevik Assisting New Oct 17, 2016, 12:21 Linksil

If their big announcement at blizzcon is a diablo "like" game for the 20th ann, they better have it coming out before December. Otherwise leave it in the box until it's done. Got burned bad enough on Ghost with blizzards hype train. Then again I think rockstar is taking hype to a whole new lvl right now.  

683 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo