Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Why people hate vista
Feb 6, 2008, 03:20
Re: Why people hate vista Feb 6, 2008, 03:20
Feb 6, 2008, 03:20

The article is biased and clearly weaving a huge flag that writes "I <3 MS" over its head. It completely OMITS the fact that Vista is hated because people cant run it due to hardware reasons, driver compatibility reasons, backwards compatibility reasons or just the plain ol fact that the OS is not thing more than a flashy and BADLY remixed version of windows XP.

A gentleman has posted that "people cannot run it due to hardware" and then mentioning something about RAM.
Common. Lets be serious here.
-Since WHEN does an OS need the system specs that resemble a PC game?
-Since WHEN has common sence taking a leave of absence in the MS collective minds and decided to make Vista such a poor player in backwards compatibilty?
-Since WHEN has the liberty of a user to use the OS that he or she likes was taken away and the company in question has the freedom to force their new program down our throats?

And please. Do not let me get started in the things they "borrowed" from MacOSX.

Regards,
K.A.

2cents.
Oct 26, 2007, 07:40
2cents. Oct 26, 2007, 07:40
Oct 26, 2007, 07:40

Well.. What can I say? I guess I was one of those guys that were hyped by the idea of kicking deamon ass in London Streets. The story looked great! The "intro style" videos that were realesed from Flagship where giving me goosebumps and in general I was in this whole "oh boy! oh boy!" mood for the game to come out.

Aaaaand the demo did. And now I am like "Oh shit, oh shit." Unoriginal, linear, shallow, basically a Diablo copycat just forwarded up some Tech-levels so they added guns, nerve-recking ingame NPC voice acting that were screaming "DIABLO" and graphics that left stuff to be desired.

I mean common, Bill. You left Blizzard to create another Diablo? Were is the originality? Were is the "spank" that we look into every new game? Everything is old in concept.

And you expect me to splash my cash for this?

HAH!

-V

QW is not Wolfenstien
Oct 26, 2007, 05:40
QW is not Wolfenstien Oct 26, 2007, 05:40
Oct 26, 2007, 05:40

Well I havent got the ETQW full game (hasnt arrived in Greece yet) but the demo is really nice and I keep playing over and over. I guess I am sucker for Team-Play orientated games that do NOT rely on senceless running around like a headless chicken and fragging people.
TF2 I have not tried yet... but I was a hardcore player of the original QW version so I know what to expect, more or less. Just a remake with better gfx and a few more twicks. I think I'll stick with ET:QW.

-V

Wow.
Oct 26, 2007, 05:28
Wow. Oct 26, 2007, 05:28
Oct 26, 2007, 05:28

I mean, wow. Being a Mac user that was FORCED to install boot camp on my iMac just to run HL2 (which would not install non the less from a BOUGHT and AUTHENTIC dvd, lol) this looks just too much in my eyes. I was a player of the original Team Fortress for Queake back in the game and I loved that game dearly. I wanted to buy it off Steam or get the Orange Box just for that. This looks so dissapointing.
First off you have a company with so much resources that could buy off the entire planet, yet the REFUSE and with rude statements at that, to support their games on the Macintosh platform. I think they dont support anything else THAN just the PC plat.
Anyway.
Secondly, region locked games are just.... idiotic. I mean... why? Why would you make your customers go over that ordeal of getting errors from Steam, add more flames comming your way than the onces that you already have and on top of that, being a prick about everything?
They could have had the whole gaming community by the balls (pardon my french) and everyone would be bowing down to them but they just wont play it smart.

Bad form, Valve. Really bad form.

-V

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older