Descending
Limit Results:

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

No subject
Jun 19, 2008, 08:52
No subject Jun 19, 2008, 08:52
Jun 19, 2008, 08:52

My eyes must need adjusting but isn't Spontaneous Combustion and I Fry the same?

Never mind, forgot cloaked and disguised.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 08:53.

No subject
Nov 21, 2007, 17:28
No subject Nov 21, 2007, 17:28
Nov 21, 2007, 17:28

Well at the least the bots are having fun playing ETQW

The end is hard
Nov 19, 2007, 08:39
The end is hard Nov 19, 2007, 08:39
Nov 19, 2007, 08:39

I've been putting off finishing Ep2 because of that stupid mission of protecting the missile silo.

Anybody have any thoughts?

I kill the beginning stragglers and then the Combine drop like 3 all together.

AntLion caves was not hard, tedious but not really hard.

Re: Hehe.....
Nov 15, 2007, 20:40
Re: Hehe..... Nov 15, 2007, 20:40
Nov 15, 2007, 20:40

I laughed hysterically when I read this. They have extended the beta...when the game went gold and has been retail for two weeks.

ROFLMAO.

You could literally write a book on everything this company did wrong with this game. Fighting the same monsters at level 1 as level 30, fighting in the same boring hallways at level 1 as level 30, having broken skills, having classes that didn't even need to use any skills, having half the skills in the game be absolutely worthless, invisible party members, falling out of a turret everytime you are hit, therefore making it so you literally have to kill enemies just to use the turret...that you wanted to use to kill the enemies, no respec when half the skills are not working as intended and/or useless to begin with, having a subscription based model with nothing to subscribe for, frantically trying to create content to justify having a subscription based model when you should be concentrating on other factors, like everybody who legitimately bought the game, not just a very small and stupid percentage. Posting press releases saying there is going to be a character wipe...and then posting contrary information two days later, putting in fire effects that drop framerates in half with no option for turning them off one week after the game is retail no less, making marksman armor concentrate completely on shields, which are worthless after level 20, having ridiculous and downright crap quest dialog and storyline text, not having dye kits except as special promotions, giving you green vendor trash for literally every quest in the game, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

I could go on for another solid hour with ease, they have pretty much dropped the ball on everything with this game.

Priceless.

Sorry don't know how to use reply system properly yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 20:42.

BR please release D2 for Vista
Nov 14, 2007, 18:04
BR please release D2 for Vista Nov 14, 2007, 18:04
Nov 14, 2007, 18:04

At least we can remember why we liked your games in the first place.

HGL could've been great.
Nov 11, 2007, 15:12
HGL could've been great. Nov 11, 2007, 15:12
Nov 11, 2007, 15:12

For most gamers the word "subscription" is tantamount to pedophilia to some people and I agree. It is heresy.

When I as enjoying D2 and D2LoD I was given more stash space and more characters when I bought the expansion. Now I think if they really wanted a pseudo-subscription model they should've offered say a small expansion pack every 6 months for 10 or 20 bucks. At least that gives them the time to iron out the problems in the content and not have to keep a work in progress sign on the door.

If given the option I don't see how like the old days send out a box of cds and cd sleeves that includes the extra content in a box of 50. At least then the customer can easily pick up the expansion if they want and don't have to feel the need to constantly play to get their money's worth.

As for the issues and problems such as this character wipe. That is just sadly bad communication between the marketing wing and the dev wing of almost any company. The marketing wants to get the game out while the dev unit wants to perfect the product.

I do wonder who's idea was it to implement the subscription model though because if it is BR than he reap what he sow but if it was say EA or FSS than I would cut him some slack.

Re: QW is not Wolfenstien
Oct 25, 2007, 05:54
Re: QW is not Wolfenstien Oct 25, 2007, 05:54
Oct 25, 2007, 05:54

Simply put TF2 is Wolf-ET without the objectives besides capture the flag and control points. It was intense because it was close quarters, sorta like twitch gaming.

Quake Wars from my 2 experiences was just very sparse. Even on full servers everybody seemed very far away.

I've always believed when you add vehicles to a FPS it essentially is no longer an FPS, because you are always going to prefer driving and using the heavier guns or faster vehicles to walking and gunning. They should call it V-FPS.

I've played UT2K4 and it was just not as fun as the original UT.

Advice to FPS makers of the future: keep the vehicles out otherwise make it so you don't need to get out.

QW is not Wolfenstien
Oct 24, 2007, 21:32
QW is not Wolfenstien Oct 24, 2007, 21:32
Oct 24, 2007, 21:32

I was so psyched for this game until I actually played it. ETW was simple elegant and strategic. ETQW is just too f'in complicated. I actually tried out the demo twice on an old machine and a new machine with a 8800 GTX on it, hardly worth playing again.

TF2 is the shit and I'm hoping UT 3 will be also.

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older