Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
14. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 29, 2017, 12:11 loomy

that sounds like a lot. what I don't get is why the original is abandoned by the developer for so long that another developer has time to clone it from scratch. maybe some things aren't about money for some people

Squirmer wrote on May 28, 2017, 17:59:
loomy wrote on May 28, 2017, 15:52:
I find it so strange that banished sells so poorly that the developer had to abandon it, yet it's such a good game that another developer can clone it exactly and make money. if you haven't played banished and like this kind of game, pick it up, I spent 10s of hours in it. great simple fun with a lot of freedom to succeed and fail in different ways
Banished sold poorly? Steamspy says there are 1.7 million owners. There are over 2000 people playing it right now, 3 years after release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
4. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 28, 2017, 15:52 loomy

I find it so strange that banished sells so poorly that the developer had to abandon it, yet it's such a good game that another developer can clone it exactly and make money. if you haven't played banished and like this kind of game, pick it up, I spent 10s of hours in it. great simple fun with a lot of freedom to succeed and fail in different ways  

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
10. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 10, 2017, 22:55 loomy

for there to be an actual controversy they need to release the game and have it be bad. these people complaining about a game that's in development being incomplete are tautological morons  

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
6. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 22:52 loomy

EA made a shitty game and then fucked the studio? Where have I heard that before? Tens of times, over 30 years  

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2017, 12:12 loomy

I agree that the hate for anita seems to come from mentally ill people. there's a lot of stuff on youtube that I personally don't like, or don't agree with, but I don't enter into a holy fricking crusade against it  

News Comments > Awesomenauts Going Free-to-Play
1. Re: Awesomenauts Going Free-to-Play Apr 27, 2017, 11:25 loomy

this game is pure fun, highly recommended  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
24. Re: Call of Duty: WWII In November Apr 27, 2017, 01:53 loomy

honestly I'm still burnt out from the last time we had 10 years of ww2 games. I can see moh and cod and bf and dod and ro and coh and commandos and.... all in my head. close my eyes and relive that shit for free  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
20. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 23:18 loomy

JohnQP wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 20:41:
Serious question: by the time all is said and done, would it have been cheaper to simply colonize space in real life?

when this game is done, it will cost in the ballpark of one pre-spacex medium class rocket, launch and launch services only (no payload cost)

and if EA or activision tried to make this game, it'd cost more and take longer because they wouldn't be as dedicated. CIG is a purpose-built organization

it's CR's fault for setting unrealistic expectations with unrealistic schedules all this time. but elon musk does the same thing. yes they're bad at scheduling, and yes they're doing stuff that's never been done before

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released
10. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 16:29 loomy

"here's word from Gearbox that doesn't sound like your father's Shugashack: "It has been an honor working with People Can Fly to help bring new gamers to the franchise People Can Fly has built with Bulletstorm," said Steve Gibson, Head of Gearbox Publishing."

I don't know if anyone else got that blue

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 30, 2017, 23:06 loomy

mag wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 22:00:
Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 20:56:
Meh trailer. Terrible music. Is fuckface even working on the books anymore?

God damn, man.

looooooooooooooooooool

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
22. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:07 loomy

the pace of development right now is so fast that they can't predict where they will be in 1 month. the people donating are doing so to support a dream. I'm happy with my money spent, even if they fail, because I didn't donate for success, I donated for them to try ALL THIS CRAZY SHIT they are trying  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 24, 2017, 21:02 loomy

this is as bad as the worst decisions I've ever seen  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
52. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 15:34 loomy

I honestly think we should expect star citizen to be like this. Fucked up but playable. Not everything can be a home run  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 19, 2017, 10:49 loomy

the sad thing about mass effect 4 is that the new zelda has a tiny fraction of the animations, but it's considered flawless. so just because mass effect makes a big deal about the animations (and then fails at them), they're punished, but if they just had 2 of them and no voice acting, they'd be as good as zelda  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 5, 2017, 23:10 loomy

old tvs will be like old cars. model t type shit. if you have a good one, keep it in storage for your kids  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
31. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 23:41 loomy

kotor is the progenitor of these games and it's still better than them  

News Comments > Twitch Supporting The Banner Saga 3; Gifting First Two Games
1. Re: Twitch Supporting The Banner Saga 3; Gifting First Two Games Feb 23, 2017, 23:23 loomy

what the fact is "twitch launcher"? did amazon buy twitch to build a steam clone from the back door?  

News Comments > For Honor Launched
9. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 09:17 loomy

yall are too harsh. this is a mega niche game with AAA production quality. it will not sell well on a good day, so it could never exist without high prices  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 20:00 loomy

ryzen is definitely going to be slower, but it's definitely not going to matter because it'll be "fast enough" for almost anybody  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
22. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 11, 2017, 11:22 loomy

IMO the mediocre sales of of COD IW could have to do with anything, including a fickle audience, a fatigued audience, or the competition. but I bought COD IW and compared it to COD4, and I can tell you that COD IW is not better than COD4. COD IW is a mediocre game, and it deserves mediocre sales  

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo