Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 760 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month
6. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 16, 2017, 14:05 Bundy

This looks sorta similar to an Oculus game called Dead and Buried. It's various MP games of the western sort. There's a quick draw tourny game, a robbers vs sheriff game. It can be rather fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 09:26 Bundy

Anyone who gets even slight VR nausea. Dirt Rally might not be the best game for you. I did 3 races and had to give myself a long sit down. Basically ended my VR evening.  

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
14. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 17:13 Bundy

Saw some videos of this one, wasn't really all that interested in it. Apparently it was falling quite a bit behind schedule and missing a lot of its deadlines. Guess they figured it wasn't good enough to keep pushing along.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 10, 2017, 17:07 Bundy

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 09:54:
Wait, VR going mobile!? Whoever could have predicted that?

It's absolutely going mobile. The only reason it's tethered right now is for processing power. But with mobile CPU's making big improvements with each generation the gap is closing. And the advantages of a fully mobile, inside out tracking HMD are much greater than some graphic fidelity.

I'd much rather have access to traverse my whole house in a VR game than a better looking game but be stuck within a small room.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 00:56 Bundy

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:50:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:42:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
I was hoping for more of a return to the first game with the emphasis on exploration and RPG and less on all the constant Michael Bay gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. And I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite.

Love the reactionary posts. Where to begin...

1) Andromeda is bringing back the planetary exploration from the first game, only with actual stuff to do on said planets rather than drive around an empty landscape in a vehicle that handles like crap.

2) Mass Effect has always been shooter first, RPG second. This was true of the first game, only it had pretty crappy combat and lackluster level design. The skill tree was more complex, sure, but there was a lot of filler and leveling wasn't exactly interesting.

3) There are new races and stories.

Love your reactionary reply. Where to begin..

1) Its pretty funny

2) Posts have always been reactionary, take a fucking look around.

3) It has a list, with numbers and shit.

You forgot to add a poll. Every anti-reactionary reactionary flamebait fanboy post needs a good poll.

[ ] Shep
[ ] FemShep

Done.

Frankly I'll just be happy if Bioware stops trying to check all the LGBTQ boxes with every RPG they make, and trying really REALLY hard to convince me that I need to be gay. Why wasn't there a "I'm your fucking commanding officer and I'm not fucking gay. Stop hitting on me and just fly the fucking shuttle craft. And NO! I don't want to dance. Fuck" dialog option.

Oh look at that, I ranted.

News Comments > Firewatch Sells 1M
3. Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Jan 4, 2017, 14:08 Bundy

I enjoyed this game. If you're a fan though, don't watch that video where the dev showed a 3rd person view of Henry in the unity editor. Ruined my whole mental image.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. uebec Dec 23, 2016, 16:57 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:44:
Bundy wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:15:
A strong environmental policy was part of his campaign, and he won on it. A carbon levy is very unpopular in the west in Alberta and Sask, which kinda sounds like you're from one or the other.

I'm not but thanks for your assumption. He didn't win on the environment, he won by not being Stephen Harper and offering the usual bullshit platitudes about hope and change.

He's accomplished exactly as little as any other politician manages to get done. The Liberal party still has an 18 point lead over the Conservative party. I wouldn't exactly say that the end is nigh.

He's done jack and shit outside of jet setting around the world trying to win a peace prize and taking fundraiser money from the chinese. That's without getting into his complete lack of credentials to actually manage a country, something people ding the Americans about all the time with Trump. I didn't say the end was nigh, I said eventual downhill trajectory. The honeymoon period is over and PM selfie can start earning his money or he's going to see it very quickly in approval numbers. People aren't going to be as patient when things are so fragile.

Don't even get me going on carbon taxes, a complete joke in this country which will have no appreciable impact on climate change. I own part of a business that will be heavily impacted by carbon taxes and we will be expanding to the US next year instead of Canada. It hurts to do that to people but we have no choice, manufacturing in Canada has been stomped dead by idiotic policy decisions in everything from energy to tax. The rising operating costs have eroded our bottom line and investors are sick of it.

Trump is a joke but Canada holding its nose and laughing at the US is too considering own predicament and choices.

It was part of the platform though. Voters knew it going in. No surprises.

You didn't answer my question though. What specifically did you expect him to do? Of course he's accomplished almost nothing tangible to us. None of these fuckers actually do anything all that useful. Left or right, it all ends up the same to us plebs.

Ok there it is, I see, you have a business which got hurt by a policy. Don't assume that this means everybody else is just as outraged. Just look at the BC folks outraged by the pipeline announcement. They couldn't be more at odds with what's happening here in Alberta.

Anyway, that's where I'll leave it. Said my peace. Merry Xmas, have a good holiday.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 15:15 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:50:
No, he's shit and his support figures have already started their eventual downhill trajectory after ramming through unpopular carbon policy on a hammered economy and accomplishing little else. An absolute joke of a leader and they know it, they're already considering huge cabinet re-shuffles in January. As far as figureheads go he's even worse than Trump which is saying something.

A strong environmental policy was part of his campaign, and he won on it. A carbon levy is very unpopular in the west in Alberta and Sask, which kinda sounds like you're from one or the other. But not so much out east. Quebec and Ontario aren't budging on allowing the Energy East pipeline to go through and that's after that train exploded and destroyed half a town.

He's accomplished exactly as little as any other politician manages to get done. I'm not sure what policy or changes you were expecting him to do. But he did green light 2 major pipelines so that's good for Alberta, once they're completed of course. BC is resisting pretty hard b/c of their strong environmental vision.

The Liberal party still has an 18 point lead over the Conservative party. I wouldn't exactly say that the end is nigh. As for Trudeau himself, his approval rating among Canadians is 61%, far above any of the other leaders.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 15:22.

News Comments > Origin Holiday Sale
6. Re: Origin Holiday Sale Dec 23, 2016, 15:08 Bundy

The SP campaign in Titanfall 2 is actually pretty good. Don't care for MP fps games myself but enjoyed the storyline. Was much better than the annual CoD release.  

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 14:41 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:00:
Bundy wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 09:47:
Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 22:51:
Canada has a self obsessed idiot for a PM and already said they don't want our dippy celebrities.

You basically described Trump.

No, Trump wants celebrities, he is one himself after a fashion. Canada elected something worse than even Trump, don't move up there looking for relief.

Naa, he's alright. Looks like he's going to be the PM for a while. Neither of the other parties have anyone close to his popularity. Not sure if O'Leary will run for the Con leadership, but he will probably have decent support, especially out west. We'll see. But as long as the east loves Trudeau, then he'll keep his seat.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 14:47.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 09:47 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 22:51:
Canada has a self obsessed idiot for a PM and already said they don't want our dippy celebrities.

You basically described Trump.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2016, 14:04 Bundy

Lol, anyone look at that SW petition? Make an R rated star wars movie. Disney?! Yeah, that'll get some traction.  

News Comments > Torment in February
11. Re: Torment in February Dec 15, 2016, 14:43 Bundy

<Deleted>  

News Comments > Werewolves Within Breaks Out
2. Re: Werewolves Within Breaks Out Dec 8, 2016, 14:49 Bundy

Empyers wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 12:02:
The key aspect of deception games like Werewolf or Resistance is the ability to read facial cues and body language. Putting it in VR is interesting, but they're missing key aspects. I don't think these games were meant for VR.

I have to agree with you, the best part of playing One Night Werewolf is immediately accusing my youngest son of being a werewolf the moment the game starts and watching his reaction.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
11. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 14:48 Bundy

Bodolza wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 14:19:
If they were listening to their customers, they wouldn't have tried to pull this in the first place. Also, someone had posted a work-around to github literally within a couple hours of release. I imagine it was an even quicker fix for the devs. They probably just needed to comment out an "if" clause.

I got my money on it being an #undef That's how I typically do hardware specific stuff. That way I only need one project for my little phone games to cover Android and iOS.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
10. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 14:46 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:03:
El Pit wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 12:18:
Vertigo Games: Hi, you are already wealthy, so have something for free!

vs.

Joe Average: What? You poor guys want freebies? F#*! YOU!

Great times we live in, really.

What was that Adam Sandler film where he was the sick and dying comedian. And they're in his garage and he has all this stuff there, and he says it was all free, and how amazing it is that when you're poor and nobody no one will give you the time of day but the richer and more famous you get the more free shit they give you. Just look at those fucking gift bags for the Oscars. It's goddamned obscene.

Yeah after Michael Jordan retired he said something about how he hadn't paid for a meal in years. As soon as he walked in a place the he would be recognized and the manager would give him whatever he wanted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2016, 15:34 Bundy

Very much winter here (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). -19C (-2F) today and dropping down to -28C (-18F) by the weekend.  

News Comments > SUPERHOT VR Released
7. Re: SUPERHOT VR Released Dec 6, 2016, 15:29 Bundy

My touch controllers come in Monday, just deciding on which titles to pick up for them now. Should be fun!  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike
2. Re: Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike Nov 30, 2016, 09:29 Bundy

Not sure it's worth the $15. At least for me. When I play city sims I always play with disasters off, always felt like they were just cruel, like the game was saying. "Pretty nice city you've spend 30 hours building, it would be a shame if something happened to it." I only ever turn them on when my city is done, I have nothing left to do, so I turn on everything at once, and watch it all burn to the ground.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support
6. Re: Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support Nov 29, 2016, 10:39 Bundy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 10:28:
Bundy wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 09:28:
On my last big project I worked 18 hour days, 7 days a week during the last month to hit the release deadline.

Shit like this is exactly why I quit game development for another field. "Crunch" is bullshit, a cankerous symptom of bad project management and it's through the entire industry.

It wasn't even in game dev, we were implementing a new ERP. I'm in database dev at an oil equipment company. Management wanted to launch with their year end and the new system didn't do half of what was promised. Damn thing couldn't even create financial statements.

760 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo