Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 14:45 Bundy

Orogogus wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 14:36:
A Martian day is 24h 40m long. So 7/11, known for being open 24/7, is closed for 40 minutes on Mars.

Oh I know that, I meant the hidden text, sorry.

EDIT: It says, "Really the only honest 24 hr stores are in places like Arizona and Hawaii." Pretty sure a day is 24 hours long everywhere on earth. That's how sphere's work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 14:34 Bundy

I totally don't follow that xkcd.  

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Launch Trailer
11. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Launch Trailer Apr 18, 2017, 09:43 Bundy

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 08:39:
these games are boring quicktime events

I liked them better when they had some adventure game aspects. But they've steadily been removing them with each game. Game of Thrones was essentially just one big cutscene. None of your choices mattered. I don't think I'll buy another TT game.

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
14. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 7, 2017, 09:59 Bundy

Woooo, Dyson Sphere. One of my all time fav episodes.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
45. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 14:14 Bundy

NKD wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 12:00:
JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:30:
P.S., how does that whole "aloof and snobby Asari" thing stand next to the "hookers of the galaxy" thing? Not disagreeing with you, but, 2+2, shouldn't Asari be a laughing stock? (Sounds like a dev has a Madonna/Whore complex)

Bioware has kind of retconned the whole Asari dancer thing. They've been portrayed differently, particularly since ME3. In Andromeda you've got Asari doing just about everything except dancing. Scientists, pilots, mercs, diplomats, merchants, criminals, etc.

I've always felt the Asari were little more than a cheap sci fi ploy. Some super horny dev came up with that idea. "Let's create a crazy sexy alien. And they're all women and they all want to have sex. ALL. THE. TIME!" Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't modeled after his secret crush. Since they all look exactly the same

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
44. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 14:11 Bundy

Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 12:03:
OpticNerve wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:31:
There'll also be one more upcoming patch fix that was tweeted by the lead designer:

Ian S. Frazier: Among other things, this patch reduces the frequency of common "interruptors" such as SAM's hazard updates.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm on Elaaden now, and dear God it's even more annoying here than it was on Voeld...

Oh these are terrible. I've missed a lot of what feels is important updates and dialog because of this. SAM or some crew mate will be telling me history or lore and then, "Pathfinder, the temperature has fallen". And that's it, if I wasn't johny on the spot and read the subtitles fast enough, I've missed that important information forever. Fucken queue your voice batches Bioware.

News Comments > HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads
7. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 14:47 Bundy

Nut wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:39:
Bundy wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 14:26:
The lack of outrage from the Vive fanboys is rather humourous. If it had been Oculus, they'd be lighting torches.

At least as far as the /r/Vive subreddit is concerned, you made a false assumption.

It's full of a lot of upset people, and you'll find that a huge majority of the regulars there will suggest that you "uninstall all the Vive software as crap" (meaning as distinct from SteamVR, at least).

There's understandably a pretty solid amount of hate at the idea of view-tracked VR ads.

Apologies, my assumption came from a few other VR tech blogs I visit. They've been suspiciously silent there.

News Comments > HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads
5. Re: HTC Adding Eye Tracking VIVE Ads Mar 31, 2017, 14:26 Bundy

Yeah the gains would come from only needing to do detailed rendering one the objects your eyes are looking directly at. It would come with some overhead from the program that has to manage that, but would be more than made up for with the gains. Future stuff, it looks good. The ad stuff is a thing of nightmares though. Reminds me of that particular Black Mirror episode where if you close your eyes or look away from an ad, the ad will pause and let out a high pitch squeal until you give in and stare at it.

For as much flack as Facebook gets with their advertising base and owning Oculus, I'm a little surprised HTC came up with this first. The lack of outrage from the Vive fanboys is rather humourous. If it had been Oculus, they'd be lighting torches.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2017, 14:06 Bundy

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:09:
There is always the possibility that Sapkowski will write some more Witcher novels, or at least novels set in the same universe.

He sure left a lot of money on the table selling the rights for a one time payment. Poor bastard.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Teaser
9. Re: Destiny 2 Teaser Mar 29, 2017, 10:12 Bundy

Sempai wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 21:18:
Razumen wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 20:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 20:06:
As someone who dislocated their thumb from hours of Halo 2 and 3 (and quit playing console shooters) I picked up Destiny and have to say it's a pretty decent game. I haven't gotten very far into it but if they bring Destiny 2 to PC I'm in.

That's just it, it's a decent game, but nothing compared to what Halo was. So dissapointed they fell down the MMO-lite/grind trap.

I feel quite the opposite. Halo's story has always been John Wayne in space and became more generic the longer it's gone on.
But then, Destiny's story is convoluted and stupid too, lol.

Imo Halo's gameplay has always been good, but Destiny took it to another level for me. I can respect how you feel about Halo. Clearly you're not alone.

I'm the same, Halo's story was pretty generic and the gameplay was ok but far from the best. Destiny's story is still average but the gameplay was much improved from Halo.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Revealed
15. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 29, 2017, 10:10 Bundy

Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 19:10:
Bundy wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 15:00:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 13:52:
Bundy wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 09:37:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 03:17:
I had a call from a recruiter who wanted me to work on tooling for this in Albany at Vicarious Visions.
On the second call he got permission to reveal the game to me and it actually kind of deflated me instead of the hype it was supposed to achieve.
Aww I get to work on a grindy game I don't like and kind of feel is a perversion of FPS and move to Albany?

It's an MMO, that's pretty much how they all are.

Thanks for the insight.

Anytime. Also, as they say in show biz, a gig is a gig is a gig. What do you care if you don't like the game? It's a triple A title and looks good on a resume. It's not like you'd be playing it. Developing games is pretty much the same, regardless of how it plays.

Tell that to the recruiter. He thought I'd be geeked for sure.

You're one weird fella.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Time Limit Removed Mar 28, 2017, 15:02 Bundy

Might give this a look. ESO didn't really float my boat.  

12. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 28, 2017, 15:00 Bundy

Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 13:52:
Bundy wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 09:37:
I had a call from a recruiter who wanted me to work on tooling for this in Albany at Vicarious Visions.
On the second call he got permission to reveal the game to me and it actually kind of deflated me instead of the hype it was supposed to achieve.
Aww I get to work on a grindy game I don't like and kind of feel is a perversion of FPS and move to Albany?

Thanks for the insight.

Anytime. Also, as they say in show biz, a gig is a gig is a gig. What do you care if you don't like the game? It's a triple A title and looks good on a resume. It's not like you'd be playing it. Developing games is pretty much the same, regardless of how it plays.

10. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 28, 2017, 09:37 Bundy

9. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 28, 2017, 09:37 Bundy

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:29:
Bundy wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:26:
Looking forward to this. Just hope that they have a better method for joining a group on the raids. The lack of matchmaking for raids in the first game just resulted in my never exploring any of that content.

You missed out on some fun stuff in the raids. They were all sort of easy but if you paid for the game you should do them.

The next content release for D1 is out...tomorrow, I think. All of the raids are moved up to current light so jump in, get geared (which takes a week, at most) and see them all before D2.

Use this for groups, I used it every week for raids, nightfalls and maybe only had fail-groups 10% of the time.

http://www.destinylfg.net/

I know about that site, it just seems like too much work when the game should be doing that for you. I finished the story and every mission I could that didn't require a 3rd party website. I enjoyed it, just don't like the lack of matchmaking on some of the raids. Won't be booting it up again at this point. But will enjoy a sequel.

1. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 27, 2017, 18:26 Bundy

Looking forward to this. Just hope that they have a better method for joining a group on the raids. The lack of matchmaking for raids in the first game just resulted in my never exploring any of that content.  

News Comments > The Witness for OS X Observed
1. Re: The Witness for OS X Observed Mar 25, 2017, 15:49 Bundy

Thought I would be really into this game but I was disappointed. I thought it was supposed to be an island of puzzles. But it was just hundreds of the exact same puzzle, the island was basically just background. Would have been better if the environment was the puzzles  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
62. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 13:56 Bundy

I caught the same plot hole too. Apparently neither Hollywood screenwriters nor video game writers understand science. The sad thing is we're all so used to it now it barely hits our radar. And when it does all we do is shrug and mutter something about luddites.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
60. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 12:11 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 08:48:
I've seen the same 3 posters stumping for it and a bunch of people hating on it.

Well to be fair a fair number of the haters haven't played it, they're just going off from some selective youtube videos. The earlier Mass Effects have some ridiculous videos too. Not that the game isn't without it's flaws, for sure. The twitchy empty wide-eye'd million mile stare from a lot of the NPC's is off putting. But even Witcher 3, one of the best games ever, had ingame cutscene issues too. They reused the same NPC models over and over and over again, just changed the voice actor and plunked him down in a different role.

But in all the comparisons on youtube gamers are posting they're only showing the animations of MEA against Geralt and Yennifer, clearly where CDR spent most of their time perfecting.

I dunno, I think it looks and feels like a Mass Effect game. My biggest issue with it is the villain is so contrived and one dimensional. The beauty of the Reapers is that after 3 games and many years we never knew their motives or origins until the last seconds of the game, terrible ending aside. They were a great villain all the way through. This guy feels like an Avenger movie comic book bad guy.

But to each their own.

BTW, completely off topic. If you have a Rift or a Vive, get Paranormal Activity. It is Early Access and their are some hand issues (at least on Rift). But it will make you fear shit.

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
14. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 12:03 Bundy

heroin wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:06:
Though, as I always say - Witcher 3 / GTAV are the paradigm of a $60 game.

Yeah those two really set the golden standard. I'm pretty pumped for CDR's Cyberpunk game.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo