Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 651 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
15. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 21:35 Bundy

Oh surely, their puzzles were too much random guessing. On the opposite end we have Telltale's new "adventure" games requiring no guessing at all. Because all their options lead to the exact same outcomes making their games essentially a 2 hour cutscene. You'll get the identical experience watching someone else play it on twitch. Neither system is optimal.

I did like how in KQ1 there would be many ways to solve various puzzles, but the closer you follow the fairy tales, the better your score would be. The troll bridge comes to mind. There were several ways to get rid of the troll. You could give him a golden acorn, a bag of coins and I think the golden egg that was on the end of that maddening branch. And they all worked, none of them prevented you from finishing the game. But they all lost you points. The "proper" way was to show the goat a carrot and he'll follow you to the bridge and knock the troll off. This allowed you to finish the game in several different ways, and replay it over again, trying to find every single point. It was pretty impressive. For 1983.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 17:55 Bundy

I didn't mind that. All the KQ games had points of no return that weren't obvious and many, many ways to get yourself stuck in an impossible to solve position. That was way back when games being difficult was the rule, not the exception.

It took me a long time to get through KQ1. But with a guide you can finish the game in 20 minutes. Making mistakes and reloading was part of the journey. Which I personally like better than Telltale's impossible to fail adventure games today.

6. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 14:24 Bundy

The first episode was good but the second wasn't. But both had puzzles that made more sense than KQ5. Which, for nostalga reasons, is my favorite of the series, but had really weird solutions to everything. How do you defeat a Yeti? Well with a pie of course!

I haven't tried the third yet. Just got back from a 15 day Panama Canal Disney Cruise.

And I agree with the Police Quest request.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
13. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 14:03 Bundy

Julio wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 13:35:
Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:13:
Panned by people too concerned with "SJWs" and conspiracies to actually prioritize their lives.

So are you going to predict this is going to be a top movie of the year from box office sales?

This is Ghostbusters for the extreme feminist audience, let's see how well it does.

Yeah! Stupid women. They get all the best roles in hollywood.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2016, 09:36 Bundy

Sepharo wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 04:46:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 03:47:
Also, here's the current top grossing movies with RT scores. Only one "fresh" in the whole bunch. Tells you a lot how much people pay attention to critics:

TOP BOX OFFICE

19% The Boss $23.6M
28% Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice $23.4M
98% Zootopia $14.3M
28% My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 $6.5M
51% Hardcore Henry $5.1M
47% Miracles from Heaven $4.7M
11% God's Not Dead 2 $4.1M
12% The Divergent Series: Allegiant $3.5M

Those are teeny tiny numbers though. Box office ain't big right now. It's April for godsakes.

It's also a bit misleading, some of those movies just opened, others have been out for a while. Although I do agree critical ratings only go so far. Batman v Superman had a monster opening wknd.

News Comments > Fable Legends Closed
5. Re: Fable Legends Closed Apr 14, 2016, 12:59 Bundy

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 12:49:
Didn't even know this was released...

I dont think it made it out of beta.

News Comments > Stardew Valley Sells 1M
12. Re: Stardew Valley Sells 1M Apr 14, 2016, 09:26 Bundy

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 00:44:
Need this for Mac! My wife would love to play this!

I think he wrote the game in XNA (I could be wrong), but if that's the case, a port might be troublesome.

News Comments > Fable Legends Closed
3. Re: Fable Legends Closed Apr 14, 2016, 09:24 Bundy

Played this briefly, it wasn't very good.  

News Comments > GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support
2. Re: GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support Apr 11, 2016, 14:08 Bundy

Rilcon wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:44:
I've never experienced motion sickness and I think I'm getting motion sickness just thinking about this.

I was thinking the same, this feels like a quick road for me to have a long lay down on the couch.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
38. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 15:55 Bundy

Task wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 15:52:
Bundy wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 14:49:

Well my Geralt certainly tried as hard as he could to fuck every sorceress that crossed his path. And I've been sending each of them to the witcher stronghold to keep them safe. It wasn't until after that I realized that I've been sending them each there. After said happy fun time. Alone with each other. To tell their stories to each other.... It basically means that I have to stay away from that place. Forever.

lol, consequences for your actions dude, that's on you. Your Geralt ("you") is the fanfic waifu version :). I just followed the book-like path.

Yeah I'm getting a little worried, Yennifer just told me she wants to meet me there. I think I might just try to roll the hard six and shoot for a 4 some.

34. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 14:49 Bundy

Task wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:21:

The Witcher is based on a series of novels where Geralt fucks anything that walks. So it's just like that in the game as well. Kudos to CDP for bringing the world of The Witcher to life in this fashion.
The sexual predating of Geralt absolutely serves the purpose of an accurate portrayal of Geralt's character and his role within the game world as known from pertinent literature.

Your point?

although, after having read the books, Geralt does not in fact fuck anything that walks (drowner banging?) After meeting Yennefer, he crushes on her hard. He 'may' have had sexy time with a young bard lass though, one of Dandelions proteges, after he and Yennefer parted after trying Apartment Life: Feudal Ages Edition. Other than that, yes CDReds book to game adaptation is pretty accurate if you stick to pure book Geralt.

Well my Geralt certainly tried as hard as he could to fuck every sorceress that crossed his path. And I've been sending each of them to the witcher stronghold to keep them safe. It wasn't until after that I realized that I've been sending them each there. After said happy fun time. Alone with each other. To tell their stories to each other.... It basically means that I have to stay away from that place. Forever.

33. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 14:46 Bundy

To me the difference is that you play Geralt and you can be as sexually adventurous as you want. However, as captain of a ship, with a crew assigned under your command, there's a structure, this is military. Simply put, you don't tell your commanding officer your whiny story about your gay boyfriend.

I wanted to communicate with my crew in ME, but I didn't want to know everyone's cry baby story. Isn't there supposed to be a universe in peril or something, whether or not drop ship pilot got closure on his dead boyfriend is something he shouldn't be sharing with his captain.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out
5. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out Mar 22, 2016, 22:25 Bundy

Elite did the same thing, the Alpha was expensive, the Beta a bit cheaper but still expensive. Then when it's released it's priced normally.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2016, 14:49 Bundy

I hope so, I'm excited for it. I'm one of the book elitists who's always known what's gonna happen. And while I still know a few things (Greyjoys). This season is largely a mystery. Can't wait!  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
7. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 14:42 Bundy

BitWraith wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 14:24:
Yeah, what's the problem with this release and Tim exactly? Not being an asshole, I'm genuinely curious.

I know that he took a long time making Broken Age, which made people mad cause it was crowdfunded or something. And also that he burned some folks who bought the early access to Spacebase, and since the sales were low DF abandon it, kinda leaving them hanging.

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released
6. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Released Mar 22, 2016, 14:39 Bundy

Yeah, I'm gonna grab this one. Mostly cause of the lack of good adventure games these days (that shit Telltale has been pushing out needs to be burned in a fire. Fuck you GoT).  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2016, 14:15 Bundy

Season 6 is their best yet huh? What else is he gonna say?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2016, 14:13 Bundy

According to GSMArena, their battery test showed a considerably battery hit with the always on display.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Mar 22, 2016, 14:12 Bundy

While the Planet Coaster article was a compliment to the game, eluding to how the developers had so much fun playing their own game, they took forever doing their tasks. Which personally I call bullshit on b/c I've been involved in game development and there's not a whole lotta fun to be had in that world of fucking deadlines. But the article headline itself makes it sound like Frontier did a shitty job.  

News Comments > Steam Running on Android
5. Re: Steam Running on Android Mar 22, 2016, 14:08 Bundy

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 13:56:
Atomic wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 12:19:
I'm not sure how getting Steam to run on Android gets PC games to run on Android. Can someone explain this to me?
Emulation and wrappers...ring a bell?

There's a big difference between getting Steam, which I believe runs on Adobe Air, and serves as an executable launcher to getting actual x86 Windows PC games running on an Android based ARM architecture. That's a little more complicated than just saying emulation and wrappers, duh!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2016, 14:29.

651 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo