Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 762 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 1, 2017, 09:26 Bundy

Bodolza wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 19:43:
Every review I've read for TPCast says no noticeable lag and little to no video degradation. The battery isn't attached to the headset, so the box that sits on top of your head is unnoticeable.

Also, it's first generation wireless tech for a first gen headset. Right now, the graphics cards are the real bottleneck, anyways, not the display resolution. When the next generation of headsets and graphics cards come out, they'll be on their second gen of wireless as well.

True enough

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 28, 2017, 18:36 Bundy

theglaze wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 17:46:
Bundy wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 14:21:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:11:
Based on my experience using wireless mice and keyboards, I think I'll stick with wired headsets.

I think the battery life on the TPCast was something like 3 hours. Definitely needs to be improved. And the Oculus dude was right about one thing, both the Rift and Vive are pretty slow resolution, it definitely needs to be improved. If I have to upgrade my wireless kit every time I upgrade my headset I think the wife will murder me up real good.

The other wireless VR company out there (can't find link) said it's tech can do 4k 60p no problem, whatever that means.

That's not going to be enough. Needs to be 90Hz. That's 50% more bandwidth.

I'm all for wireless solutions, but just being fast enough to support existing hardware when they already suffer from low resolution seems like an expensive stop gap to me. But if it furthers the tech, then let's go I guess.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
13. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 15:00 Bundy

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 14:22:
Bundy wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 14:10:
WaltC wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:29:
It's really interesting when you consider that for that $2B Microsoft could have funded 50 AAA games at an average development cost of $40M each...;)

And Minecraft probably still would have outsold them all combined. The thing is a juggernaught. My kids and his little friends go nuts over it. When they're not playing it, they're watching youtube's of it.

40m is not much for a AAA these days. 20 games at 100m is probably better.

I remember years ago, visiting one of my wife's friends who had a kid. The kid was in a basement showing us his elaborate Minecraft worlds. He explained to us how many days and weeks he spent on them. That's when I realized we needed to move back to California. If we have kids they'll be spending time outside, enjoying sun and nature, throughout all the four seasons, never cocooning in a basement.

Well I have two kids. Let's just say things tend to not go as you expect.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 28, 2017, 14:24 Bundy

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 12:48:
Oculus on ANY tech they aren't using: "we don't see it as necessary, because we aren't doing it. Doesn't matter if people WANT it!"

Well I think he was saying that it's not really viable right now b/c of the limitations that come with it. It's a fair point. Low battery life, lots of extra weight and limited HMD options if you choose to upgrade to a new kit.

OR are we just hating Oculus b/c of Palmer and Zuckerberg. If so, then YES! Kill Oculus with fire! I want to have Gabe's babies! Half Life 3 confirmed!

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 28, 2017, 14:21 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:11:
Based on my experience using wireless mice and keyboards, I think I'll stick with wired headsets.

I think the battery life on the TPCast was something like 3 hours. Definitely needs to be improved. And the Oculus dude was right about one thing, both the Rift and Vive are pretty slow resolution, it definitely needs to be improved. If I have to upgrade my wireless kit every time I upgrade my headset I think the wife will murder me up real good.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
9. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 14:10 Bundy

WaltC wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:29:
It's really interesting when you consider that for that $2B Microsoft could have funded 50 AAA games at an average development cost of $40M each...;)

And Minecraft probably still would have outsold them all combined. The thing is a juggernaught. My kids and his little friends go nuts over it. When they're not playing it, they're watching youtube's of it.

40m is not much for a AAA these days. 20 games at 100m is probably better.

But like someone said earlier, the real money is probably in the merchandise. I only have 1 copy of the game but my kids have 5 or 6 shirts, bunch of toys, etc.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
53. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 15:50 Bundy

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:38:
Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 15:23:
Bioware clearly has quite a few cultural Marxists in their employ these days. http://tinyurl.com/gszx65e, http://tinyurl.com/gswwcvx. Far from a single one.

Your two links are not supporting your original argument, but hey, whatever floats your hateboat.

Especially when the articles contradict each other. One has them defending being flirted with by gay characters and the other is about not having enough gay characters.

48. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:35 Bundy

Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 14:26:
the progressive hive mind of stupid is pretty rampant on this site to begin with.

The truest thing ever said on blues.

46. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 14:08 Bundy

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 13:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 05:09:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 01:47:
Bundy wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 00:02:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 22:35:
prelim reports stress the "action" part of action-RPG on this one... only combat related skills and abilities.. no dialog or interaction type upgrades.. also has a "you are the messiah" based story, and yes, the "DA:I in space" format is confirmed as well (makes sense because you were the messiah in that one too)

I better be the damn Messiah. If I wanted to be a random nobody, I'd put the controller down and spend time with my family, go to work, watch TV.

What I understand is that you are actually the child of the Messiah in Andromeda, so that is a bit of a change of pace.

Yeah I don't get what the problem with that is anyway,

the problem is that its lazy writing.. its a boring trope thats been used hundreds of times before, and it railroads the story in certain ways that are entirely obvious if you are at all familiar with the trope, which should be everyone by now.. so its not nearly as interesting, doesnt have as many ways to surprise you, and locks out tons of possibilities...

the Witcher 3 was great in so many ways and one of them is that you are just a supporting character for the messiah (Ciri) but beyond that goes on to prove that a working-man hero monster slayer is actually much more interesting at the end of the day than THE CHOSEN ONE WHO SAVES THE WORLD FOREVER AND ALWAYS WITH THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF INFINITE POWER

the other implication is that if the basic plotline is so lazy and unoriginal, whats to say everything else isnt just as lazy and unoriginal?

Naa. I wanna be the messiah. You can go ahead and be the sidekick if you like. I'll stick with being Luke Skywalker, Rand Al'Thor and Harry Potter.

Witcher 3 is a bad example to prove your point though. Geralt was hardly a supporting character. By the time I was done I basically single handedly killed the entire army for both sides of the war. Not to mention essentially wipe out all the major players in the Novegrad gang war. Wish I could count the corpses I put up.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2017, 14:21.

32. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 00:02 Bundy

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 22:35:
prelim reports stress the "action" part of action-RPG on this one... only combat related skills and abilities.. no dialog or interaction type upgrades.. also has a "you are the messiah" based story, and yes, the "DA:I in space" format is confirmed as well (makes sense because you were the messiah in that one too)

I better be the damn Messiah. If I wanted to be a random nobody, I'd put the controller down and spend time with my family, go to work, watch TV.

19. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 18:29 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 15:25:
They either do a GOTY that I might buy for <$10 or fuck this franchise.

You heard the man Bioware. Develop half a dozen DLC's, package it up in the main game, ship it as a stand alone product and sell it for less than $10. Or you've lost yourself a customer!

And BTW, Tesla. I want to see your Roadster fitted with a battery pack double the size. And price it under $1000, or I will never buy another car from you again!

Anyone else want to go?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Sales Ending
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 15, 2017, 09:43 Bundy

Even when you play Elite in Open Mode it might as well be offline. Unless you go to a community goal or a hotspot, you'll rarely bump into other people. With the Solo Mode they have I'm not sure why people with good internet are clamoring for an offline mode. I understand if your internet is crappy, but for most folks it's not an issue. I doubt this alone would have created a sales bonanza. The game has bigger shortcomings than this, like a stale and shallow universe with oversimplified gameplay.

Mod support would have been great though. The community could have filled in the gaps faster than they currently are.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2017, 13:03.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
31. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 18:43 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 17:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:58:
Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

The downside is that might eliminate the Eric Barones and Stardew Valleys indie projects.

So, Stardew Valley has an estimated revenue of $25M. He would have made back his $5K easily, like within the first 10 minutes his game was on sale.

It's unlikely he would have ever put it in the store if he was asked to pay 5K in the first place. He had no idea he struck gold until the hype started, after it was in the store.

I agree with this change, I just think 5K is too high.

13. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 15:48 Bundy

The small one or two man teams aren't making AAA. Most indie developers don't do this as their full time jobs, or try to get bank loans to fund themselves. They work on their projects during evenings and weekends. $5000 is a bit steep to ask of someone who is supporting a family, has a mortgage and 2 kids that need braces. $500 to $1000 sounds fair to me.  

8. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:50 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:44:
Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

That's a good thing, it'll only leave the real contenders who are serious and get rid of the tons of bullshit shovelware that Steam is lousy with. This is how business is supposed to work. Half the reason bureaucracy and fees exist is precisely to weed people out.

I'm just saying $100 is probably too low, everyone can scrounge up $100. But $5000 is probably too much. Steam will just become a store of AAA games. If that's all you want, then that's fair. I'd just like some wiggle room for indie devs to operate in there somewhere. 5K will push them right out.

6. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:37 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:08:
Any move to weed out the abysmal shovelware garbage is welcomed. I'd say make the fee *at least* $5,000. It's recoupable so what. If some basement dwelling kiddo can't afford it, it's not a big loss. Kiddo can always self-publish first via their own website (or a network site of fledgling game devs) and if the game really is somewhat decent then kiddo should be able to cough up the $5K in no time.

Without the exposure of Steam or a hefty advertising budget, self publishing on your own website is almost a guaranteed failure. I know you don't care being a customer and gamer. But the indie developer does need at least a small chance to succeed and get their work noticed.

2. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:03 Bundy

News Comments > John Wick Chronicles Released
7. Re: John Wick Chronicles Released Feb 10, 2017, 09:43 Bundy

Loved the first movie, can't wait to see the second. You don't always need 200 million in special effects to make a good action movie, sometimes less is more.  

News Comments > Walking on Arizona Sunshine
3. Re: Walking on Arizona Sunshine Jan 25, 2017, 17:08 Bundy

Try closing your left eye (or right if you're left handed) when looking down the barrel. It helped me.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released
8. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released Jan 24, 2017, 14:10 Bundy

I'm gonna wait for this one to get PC VR support next year. I need a good horror game on my Rift so I can crap my pants.  

762 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo