Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 827 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 21:01 Bundy

RoboNerd wrote on May 18, 2017, 19:46:
"Cutter"May 18, 2017, 16:54"25394]

Uh maybe because the target demographic for these shows is 95% white male. I really have zero interest in watching shows with a liberal agenda of inclusivity where every other character has to be a multi-racial pansexual quasi-dwarf.

What Cutter just said... Thumbsup

There definitely aren't enough roles for white men in Hollywood...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 14:27 Bundy

Kxmode wrote on May 18, 2017, 14:23:
Creston wrote on May 18, 2017, 11:48:
Star Trek Discovery looks pretty good. I might sign up to CBS all access for one month to binge watch it, then cancel again. I'm sure roughly 99% of all Trek fans will probably do the same thing.

Trailer disappointed me. The series looks second rate and similar to Enterprise. I was hoping this series would break new ground, like delving into the mysterious inner workings of Section 31. The few times they appeared was enough to pique my interest.

Was I the only one who was rooting for Section 31 in those DS9 episodes? The finally made the Federation look bad ass. And not a gaggle of liberal pussies.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 14:26 Bundy

Personally I thought the Trek trailer looked good. I don't care that the lead is female if people don't like it they can watch pretty much any other sci fi series ever. It's been like 95% male to this point. Plus, she was under used in Walking Dead.

Being in Canada means I get to watch it on regular old TV. I feel for you American's getting stuck with CBS Access though. That was a dick move.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2017, 10:18 Bundy

VaranDragon wrote on May 18, 2017, 03:12:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2017, 20:05:
Beamer wrote on May 17, 2017, 14:31:
When you think of a great book translated well elsewhere, the top pick would likely be Game of Thrones. Except George RR Martin was a TV writer for three and a half decades, so he understands TV. Otherwise? Movies and television are often better when the author is removed.

Plus GoT has gotten substantially better now they are no longer forced to pay attention to GRRM's endless "I can wring 16 more books out of this story!" bullshit.

Sure the plotline has been condensed, and it feels like it's getting somewhere finally. However the writing has suffered. The dialogue, and characters themselves are much poorer. The way that the story is told should be more important than just finishing the story. I have a feeling that the GoT TV series will go out with a whimper. Not a bang. That's just my opinion though.

I agree with the writing suffering somewhat since the divergance from the books. At least they're intent on finishing the story though. Every book takes Martin 5 years longer than the previous one. Not good odds on him surviving to the end of his own story.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 14:11 Bundy

Creston wrote on May 17, 2017, 13:49:
VaranDragon wrote on May 17, 2017, 12:06:
That doesn't mean that the source material is bullshit, or that the author who wrote them is a hack.

Neither I nor Beamer said that. However, the reason the Witcher is as mega popular as it is now is because of the games, not because of the books (at least outside of Poland.)

The books are... okay. The short stories series are pretty good, but the big Geralt & Ciri storyline has a shit ton of pacing issues, dead space, Geralt whining, and basically Geralt's entire motivation for 3 books is "must get to Nilfgaard to get Ciri!" basically off a rumor he heard, and then during those 3 books, he really never gets much closer to getting there.

Compare that to the Witcher 3, and it is just substantially better paced, written and far more interesting. Witcher 3's Geralt is an utter badass.

Basically what I'm saying is, I hope the TV series is based off of Witcher 3's Geralt, and not off Book Geralt.

It's the same thing in the game, is it not? Ciri was perpetually the princess in the other castle. By the time you finally find out where she was and I reached that cabin, I was totally at the point of, "if she's not here, I'm deleting this fucking game!"

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
13. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 16:33 Bundy

Dr donkles wrote on May 16, 2017, 14:59:
Cool, might be an interesting project.

Though, not if they force players into groups. I've never liked the whole team up aspect of mmos to accomplish anything.

In pretty much all MMO's there's only so far you can progress solo. Eventually to do all the harder end game stuff you need to group up. That's been the standard formula. I don't expect anyone exploring VR MMO's to try and break the formula too much in the beginning.

11. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 12:06 Bundy

Beamer wrote on May 16, 2017, 12:01:
Bundy wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:45:
Hard to get excited for anything Microsoft is doing/planning.

Yes, yes. I know. This is blues. M$ is evil, blah blah.

I mean, yesterday someone accused their gathering of telemetrics to the NSA spying on the content of phone conversations, so...

The NSA doesn't need Microsoft, Google, Facebook or anyone else's help to spy on you.

10. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 12:05 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2017, 11:38:

Well they might be evil not sure, but I just can't recall a single thing they have done for PC gaming that was so amazeballs that make me all excited and gitty about their plans for gaming

I don't care who invents the OASIS, just as long as it gets invented. Preferably before I die of extreme old age.

6. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 10:54 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on May 16, 2017, 10:05:

They're worse than evil. They are evil and retarded. That's the most dangerous combo there is.

And they have Phil Spencer, the overlord of lies, deceit, treachery and stupidity.

Microsoft (for PC gamers) is like when the shit hits the fan except it's more like a Brontosaurus pile of shit hitting an aircraft turbine. nowutimsayin?

You must be great at parties. Never change CJ, you're way too much fun!

4. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 09:59 Bundy

2. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 09:34 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:21:
Do you love MMOs? Are you excited about Virtual Reality?

Nope and nope, Mickeysoft.

/nextplz

Someone hasn't read Ready Player One or watched Sword Art Online.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: VR on Steam Greenlight
4. Re: Half-Life 2: VR on Steam Greenlight May 12, 2017, 09:39 Bundy

Creston wrote on May 12, 2017, 00:04:
Could be a lot of fun. I wonder how they are going to handle the movement problem, though?

Yeah HL2 is a fast moving game, this one has puke city written all over it.

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
10. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 17:22 Bundy

I do feel that a properly fleshed out Star Trek mod would be absolutely perfect in Stellaris. I've been watching the development of this, closely.  

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
9. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 16:50 Bundy

descender wrote on May 9, 2017, 15:25:
Bundy wrote on May 9, 2017, 15:03:
The game kinda quickly hits a point to where you run out of planets to colonise and points to build more frontier stations or whatever they're called. Then you kinda just sit back and do tech for a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time, until you can do another small expansion or someone with 10X your fleet strength shows up and says they're going to kill you for no reason.

That's great info, do you think it would be fully fleshed out enough to not hit that stale point with another expansion? Or is this as good as it's going to get? I've been holding off on this purchase knowing what CK2 turned into.

I'm one of the guys who bought all the expansions. Even the ones that add content into the "end game" even though I've never gotten close to that point.

I don't want to give it a bad review b/c I feel there's a strong possibility I'm either playing it wrong, or just plain suck at it.

In the game I'm playing now I've colonised 4 worlds. 1 has to be in it's own section b/c you can only have 3 in your main section. So I don't directly control what that other sections build but I do get half it's resources. This is how the game stops an empire just rushing out and colonising everything.

But that's all the colonizable worlds in my space. There's some others in alien space but no others in the galaxy that I've discovered so far. So I can't build any more. I just sit there, and let my tech slowly get researched, and build my forces up to their cap and attack pirate bases. Eventually I'll get some terraforming and colonising tech that'll let me settle less optimal worlds.

I'm kinda struggling with what I should do next.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2017, 17:04.

7. Re: Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released May 9, 2017, 15:03 Bundy

The game kinda quickly hits a point to where you run out of planets to colonize and points to build more frontier stations or whatever they're called. Then you kinda just sit back and do tech for a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time, until you can do another small expansion or someone with 10X your fleet strength shows up and says they're going to kill you for no reason.  

News Comments > Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans
12. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 9, 2017, 15:00 Bundy

descender wrote on May 9, 2017, 13:07:
Get me better pricing
Valve literally doesn't set the price for any games on Steam but their own.

Work on eliminating regional pricing
Yeah, Valve will get right on that. They'll easily be able to change the global economy and manipulate currencies into a state where your shitty Canadian dollars are actually worth something. /S

Stop being so fucking stupid.

Being a canadian myself, I get it Cutter. $80 for Prey, fucking hell. But come on man, our dollar is like 74 cents US. Not much Valve can do about that.

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
7. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 14:49 Bundy

And may this spawn the end of the "Half Life 3 confirmed" posts.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2017, 14:06 Bundy

Me and my boy tried to be involved in the Elite event this weekend. It was pretty tough given the game's instancing MP system. We were always in the right system but never in the right instance.

In the end the game's most well known griever killed the player. Which was the least shocking thing I've seen in a long time.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2017, 09:25 Bundy

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 08:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:36:
That control method sounds not like a lot of fun for anyone involved. But maybe that's just me

excercising kegel muscles is exactly the same sensation as trying to hold in your piss, stop your piss, etc.. that contraction of muscles is what they are talking about..

sometimes they are weakened

in terms of females, these muscles can be strengthened to the point of actually being able to provide a massage to a companions penis during coitus.. which is a sexual technique that has been taught for thousands of years among trained courtesans, sacred prostitutes, tantric yoginis, etc. etc.

the most skilled women in this technique can basically jerk you off with their vagina muscles, while you remain motionless inside them

And let the record show that Agent Zero knows a LOT about prostitutes.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 26, 2017, 14:12 Bundy

Yeah I was thinking that. All the Witcher games are on sale constantly for hugely reduced prices.

Frankly I wouldn't bother with Witcher 1, even if it is free.

827 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo