Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 651 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
36. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 10:07 Bundy

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 03:39:
Bundy wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 18:46:
Yeah, I'm with you on this. It'll be interesting to see if this will be more interesting than Elite. Right now I'm expecting it to be exactly as boring.

Elite has missions, numerous ships of different classes and a robust trading system. I think No Man's Sky is even more barebones, other than the pretty planets? I liked Elite for what it was. I'm wary about this one though.

Elite has its flaws, but other than the animal life it's already doing everything they're promising NMS can do. I'm not entirely sure why people think NMS will be that much better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 23:13 Bundy

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 23:11:
I'm hoping there's some cohesive gel that makes the game super fun that just doesn't show in the videos, or that they're intentionally keeping secret.

Also, I will be extremely disappointed if you guys who do buy it don't immediately name every animal of the same sort that you find, a Florp.

Oh I preordered. For as much as I bitch about it, in the end i'm a space sim slut. Don't judge me. I'll be the first to come here and give some details

17. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 21:07 Bundy

Yeah that's what concerns me too. They've shown this game a few times now and so far I don't see much for gameplay. Elite let's you seamlessly land on millions of planets too. But there's not much to do down on them. It's been getting a bit more interesting lately with the alien plant life that has been found on some planets in nebulas. But that's all been added by the devs for some big alien mystery they're preparing.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2016, 21:31.

7. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 19:09 Bundy

Because we've seen this done before. And we're baffled why the internet has been circle jerking to this game for the last 2 years. Hell, why don't you just play elite? It already does everything this game promises except for the alien animals that you can't really interact with.  

5. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 19:05 Bundy

Reminds me of some old RPGs. "OMG! That minotaur.. it's red!!!! WHAT DO WE DO?!?!"  

2. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 18:46 Bundy

Yeah, I'm with you on this. It'll be interesting to see if this will be more interesting than Elite. Right now I'm expecting it to be exactly as boring.  

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
20. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:04 Bundy

I like how they announced that exactly after the Steam sale was over. I almost bought this during the sale, my kids liked the beta on Xbox and it was cheap. Whew!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2016, 14:04 Bundy

This can join the million reasons why I avoid the cancer that is Counter Strike.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
16. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 14:49 Bundy

I bought Doom 2 weeks ago  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 23, 2016, 09:28 Bundy

Should have been McDavid.  

News Comments > Crackdown 3 for Windows 10
15. Re: Crackdown 3 for Windows 10 Jun 14, 2016, 14:42 Bundy

True enough. The world is a weird place. Just read an article earlier today about a fight in a campground. Resulted in a man throwing a propane tank into a campfire. What were they arguing about you ask? The man was trying to convince a woman that the world was round, not flat...  

News Comments > Crackdown 3 for Windows 10
13. Re: Crackdown 3 for Windows 10 Jun 14, 2016, 14:35 Bundy

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 07:42:
ventry wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 00:14:
nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 22:28:
There's a difference between sneaking it via patch into an OS you bought years ago VS installing an OS you know has it, right off the bat. You know that, right?

Your smart phone spies/collects/sends telemetry on you 24/7 despite what options you turn off.
You know that, right??

Selective caring hurts credibility.

Where did I say I don't care about that?

I think he's just saying that Google knows more about us now than Microsoft ever will. We see a lot of people talking about the privacy issues with Windows 10, yet we freely tell Google everything about ourselves and let their phones and apps track everything we do. Yet they don't get the same vitriol from the gaming community.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: PS4 games will be 'an awful lot prettier' on PS4K, says Sony Jun 14, 2016, 14:28 Bundy

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 13:55:
Sony is full of crap. If I pop my Uncharted Remastered collection into the PS4K/Neo, it's going to look exactly the same as it does on the current PS4, because that's what it's been coded to look like. It's not going to magically get new art assets all of a sudden.

Getting upsampled to 4K (or whatever) is going to be barely noticeable when the game was designed for 1080p.

My thinking exactly.

I think Sony and MS both want devs to take the PC dev approach and have low and high settings for each game like in the PC world. The game would detect your console and adjust it's settings accordingly. But that just adds up to more dev work in the end. But perhaps less than if they were supporting 2 console generations at the same time.

We'll see.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
10. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 14:27 Bundy

I enjoyed 2. Not sure I'll get 3, racing games are pretty iterative with each release. Gotta give them a few years before the leap is enough to spend money on the new one.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
8. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 09:50 Bundy

I remember seeing her on TV once, she was talking about the Trek conventions and how the other cast had told her that you can leave a Trek show and just do the conventions and make a living solely from that. So she went to one. Just one. Got nerd swarmed. So never again.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
36. Re: No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed May 30, 2016, 11:50 Bundy

They've all but confirmed that Elite will be adding aliens soon. Which for me will add much more to the game. Hopefully it will be implemented well. If there is a large section of alien habited space and a war going on, then having us players form fleets and running attacks, trying to conquer bits of their space, putting our own stations in there. That gives players an actual reason to get those bigger and better ships. Have to wait and see, but all the components to do these things are in the game already, they've built a pretty good framework.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2
5. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2 May 26, 2016, 09:39 Bundy

I am gonna take that the wrong way.  

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2
4. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha 2 May 26, 2016, 09:38 Bundy

The paint jobs are funding elite development. It's been half a year since the last paid expansion and half more to go until the next. Gotta pay dem bills!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week
12. Re: Elite Dangerous Expansion Next Week May 21, 2016, 12:23 Bundy

The stuff they're adding this season has me excited so far. Ship launched fighters after this DLC and mult-crew ships for the next. Both me and my son play this and we're very eager to try those. Braben has all but confirmed that we're getting aliens this year too. Which won't add a scripted story with player choices or anything, but it will add a larger purpose for most of the players and a reason to earn those bigger and better ships..  

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
18. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 19, 2016, 11:23 Bundy

The first 3 were remade with kq6 quality graphics and full voice acting and are available for free at agdinteractive.com. I played those with my kids last summer. Forgot how difficult some of them were.  

651 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo