Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 650 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
31. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 23, 2016, 14:45 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 04:33:
“He never returned those files or all copies of them after his employment with ZeniMax was terminated. In addition, after Carmack's employment with ZeniMax was terminated, he returned to ZeniMax's premises to take a customized tool for developing VR Technology belonging to ZeniMax that itself is part of ZeniMax's VR technology.”

This is the stupidest statement ever. You don't freakin' return copied files. You delete them.

Second, if Zenimax had a VR division for years and years, why are we just hearing about it? Was Zeni going to build a VR headset back in 2011? If so, where is it? Was Zeni going to produce some VR games? If so, where are they? This isn't passing the smell test.

Lastly, am I the first one to pull out the popcorn icon? This is going to be a great show!

Popcorn

Yup, agreed. Zenimax's history of sue everybody for everything doesn't help perception that they're the big victim here.

I don't know if Carmack stole stuff, frankly I don't really care. We'll probably never know, this one has all the markings of an "undisclosed settlement with no admission of wrongdoing" and will vanish. Facebook will write a cheque once their lawyers go over everything and that will be it. Zenimax isn't looking for justice or to right a terrible wrong. They just want money. Justified or not, they'll probably get some. Then onto the next lawsuit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
78. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 21:08 Bundy

loomy wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 21:02:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
hes had 5 years to make this game so far.

Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

both of these points are strictly incorrect. the kickstarter ended late 2012, and everything in that demo was probably created since 2014. it took years just to create the studios to make the game

and of course NMS is nothing like this game, because NMS has a hundred features that star citizen does not, and vice versa

I don't think No Man's Sky even has missions. At least, nothing like this. Comparing the two games is pretty meaningless, like comparing Witcher and Minecraft.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
74. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 20:24 Bundy

The reason why people were loud during that ladder was because right now that particular ladder doesn't always work. Especially when returning from an eva. Sometimes there's no problem, sometimes you touch it and go spinning off into space. Which is why when the guy climbed it with no problem and people started laughing, Chris said, "What? That ladder didn't always work?". It's common knowledge with that freelancer that you always use the cargo bay cause the ladder is bugged.

I think you guys might be reading more into the fan reactions than was there. Mostly they were probably like me and seeing a fix for something and saying "oh good finally" (like the system map also). Than squeals of delight.

News Comments > Final Fantasy XV Delayed
8. Re: Final Fantasy XV Delayed Aug 15, 2016, 14:07 Bundy

I wonder if I'll get to play an androgynous teenager with angst and daddy issues.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
24. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 14:37 Bundy

Can this be played with a HOTAS? Anyone know? Or it more of a meyboard/mouse/X360 gamepad sorta deal?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
35. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 8, 2016, 20:36 Bundy

It shows $60 US. I'm in Canada so it would work out to something closer to $90 with the current value of our terrible dollar.  

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
29. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 8, 2016, 17:42 Bundy

Unless you're talking about this part. "Creatures can poop rare resources." That doesn't inspire confidence in me for this game. Honestly, what is it about British devs incorporating poop as gameplay?  

News Comments > No Man Sky Patch & Plans
28. Re: No Man Sky Patch & Plans Aug 8, 2016, 15:47 Bundy

Tachikoma wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:47:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:02:
Isn't it just a massive procedural galaxy with no real content

No. Unless by "real content" you mean storylines.

As for gameplay, it has more systems than GTA/Mass Effect.

Your call

When people say content what they mean is "a variety of interesting and fun things to do."

I can't see it having anywhere close to the variety of systems that GTA offered. I honestly don't think even it's exploration system will stand the test of time, at least as it stands today. Because when we think of exploring, were doing it in the star trek sense, what we want is to have adventures. Unless you're inventing them in your mind as you pop into another random system, harvest random elements and move on. It won't capture that living, breathing sense of wonder of the unknown we're craving here.

31. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 8, 2016, 14:13 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:56:
Bundy wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:13:
Though gamescon is in a week, it'll probably have a free wknd during.

While GamesCON is a very fitting name for the event when it comes to Star Citizen as CIG is bound to CON tons of mouthbreathers into pledging via some flashy trailers, the event is in reality called Gamescom .

As for game packages, they separated Squadron 42 and Star Citizen (PU) earlier this year and turned them into two separate products. There is no $20 game here and with the exception of one particular promo there never has been either. It always started around the $40 mark. Nowadays it's 2x $50+ if you want it all (S42 *and* the PU).

So, if you want Squadron 42 then the minimum you need to buy is the Squadron 42 Starter Package. This will also grant you access to Arena Commander so you can start playing that buggy mess immediately.
If you want to play in the persistent universe then you need to buy either the Mustang Starter Package or the Aurora Starter Package.

I'm sure they will have promos again where you can buy S42 and the PU together for the price of one or a pretty significant discount. It's CIG. They are very creative when it comes to fleecing people and making them feel like they got a good deal even when they got ripped off.

I think you can get the starter package and SQ42 for $60:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-Star-Citizen-Squadron-42-Combo

So not really buy it twice.

Thanks for finding my typo, fixed.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2016, 14:53.

29. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 8, 2016, 13:13 Bundy

Tachikoma wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 13:08:
Bundy wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 12:04:
I was on an Eva to find a block box in debris. Turned around d and my ship was flying away. Well fuck. But then a starfarer showed up and I hopped in that. Was worth it.

This kinda stuff is what makes me really interested, it`s just awesome. That`s why them including the whole EVA and FPS element is spot on, even though some people don`t get it. Full immersion and so much more gameplay possibilities. I love Elite, but it`s scratching different, galaxy spanning/lone ranger itch. This could be more local, chaotic and fun too.

I`m not a fan of Mr Roberts and his business tactics are shady...but in the end, it`s the game that counts. So far it was similar with Project Cars and Elite, but they turned out all right. If I (and most of you too) was about to follow strict moral code regarding people who make the content I consume, I`d have to threw out huge chunk of my collection, starting with Led Zeppelin probably.

The only problem is the price - not sure where did you see that 20$ entry level? It`s 54$ here (UK)...or am I looking at some wrong package? (sure as hell they made it rather unclear)

Currently only you an open the door of your ship from the outside. But once open, anyone can walk in, grab the controls and be off. Yesterday some guy wanted a few people to crew his constellation. So he put the ramp down and was waiting, me and another guy came over and were waiting for a 4th who was on his way. Unknown to us, he left the ladder down by the bridge. Some guy just climbed on in and took off. Well the three of us on the ramp went flying out, I twirled into space, one of them flew over a pad, got caught in the artifical gravity and face planted from 50 ft.

I'm pretty sure you can buy an Aurora for cheap. Though gamescom is in a week, it'll probably have a free wknd during.

I like elite too, and the science angle they've chosen for their galaxy. But the narrative (and there is one) moves at a snail's pace. Along with everything else in the game. I can have a lot of fun hijinks in an hour of SC. It takes me an hour in elite to get in my ship, take off, travel across the bubble and get in another ship.

EDIT: Fixed typo

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2016, 14:09.

26. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 8, 2016, 12:04 Bundy

Tachikoma wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 11:49:
Bundy wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 10:43:
I'm surprised someone even tried playing SC with a gtx 760. It was always advertised as a high requirement game, especially in its unoptimised and unfinished state.

It sounds crazy even to myself since I`m an ex-hater, but I`m actually considering buying it. Problem is, it`s actually nigh on impossible to find out what this thing really is, since most people are either rabidly opposed or blindly enamoured with it.

So, has anybody without heavy bias actually played it? How bad are the framerates? I`m on 780ti + i7 2600k and 1080p Gsync monitor: Elite works flawlessly. I`d be reluctant to play under 60 fps.

Also how big (small) is the "universe"...read somewhere it`s a star system atm?

I have a 780 (not ti), i7 4770 and run at 1080p. It runs fine, I haven't checked the fps, but it feels as fluid as any other game. It used to be worse, way worse. There are certain points where you'll get a short stutter, always the same corridor, in particular stations. But performance for you should be fine.

Lowest amount for entry is $20. That's gets you a crappy little ship, but enough, the NPC ships right now are super weak. 2 or 3 blasts will end them. Human pilots will smoke you quick though.

Right now you wake up in a bed with a locker. You put on your suit and go downstairs and request your ship. You go in your ship and bring up the mission UI. There are 4 missions right now with 1 of them having many locations. One, you go to a satellight, kill pirates, EVA and activate the station. Two, go to a probe, cheeky British chick gives you a distress call and you go there, kill pirates and either defend a ship or EVA to find a black box, and then return to her and repeat. Three, get a call from a widow trying to prove her husband innocent. You arrive at a busted up station with no artificial gravity and flicking lights, EVA, float through an opening and find all the data recordings that get you the proof. If you don't find them all, it's assumed he's guilty and you only get part of the payment. Four, defend a terminal in an outpost from other players trying to take it. I'm not sure how this one works, I've accepted the mission and nobody showed up. After 10 minutes of looking out windows it told me I was successful. Once a guy did come in, i'm not sure if he was on my side or not. I shot him in the back.

You do these 4 missions until the game crashes. It won't take too long. Disconnects are very common.

Mostly what you do for fun is play around with other people, guys with the big ships want then filled up with crew so you hop in with them and man turrets or manage shields, that type of thing. Or steal someone's ship. Someone did that to me when I was on an Eva to find a block box in debris. Turned around d and my ship was flying away. Well fuck. But then a starfarer showed up and I hopped in that. Was worth it.

24. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 8, 2016, 10:43 Bundy

Dacron wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 21:41:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 20:47:
I played the last free week and I had fun with the Arena Commander thingy where you just shot down the A.I. ships. The combat, to me anyway, is waaaaaaay better than Elite, hands down. The ship feels good with a joystick now. When I played before, the handling seemed to be off a bit, but it seems they have that nailed down now. When I tried to play in the PU and do some of the missions the lag was pretty extreme though. My comp is middle-road at best but it was just disappointing that I couldn't really play with the other people that much. I have to say also that the people that I met online there were nice and helpful too. You can see SO MUCH potential with this game, I just wish they had more to show.

Almost every complaint of EDs combat comes from not knowing how to turn off the assist, so you can spin freely and basically instantly, as opposed the bus feeling with it on. Not all though.

I'm a pretty big fan of Elite, but if you're flying a ship bigger than a vulture, even with FA off it still feels like barge compared to other space combat games. I do like how the weapons work, but the artifically gimped yaw on top of already slow maneuverability was a poor choice in my opinion.

The star citizen flight model has come a long way, I just played this over the wknd and it was quite enjoyable.

I'm surprised someone even tried playing SC with a gtx 760. It was always advertised as a high requirement game, especially in its unoptimised and unfinished state.

News Comments > New Titan X Released
10. Re: New Titan X Released Aug 2, 2016, 14:57 Bundy

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 12:56:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 12:11:
Actually no, you are wrong. These are intended as top of the line Gaming cards. Nvidia already has professional graphics workstation cards, they are called Quadro. Actually the Titans are cheap compared to the top of the line Quadro cards.

That, and ever since Maxwel Titan X, they haven't been given FP64 acceleration, unlike the prior Titans. So, really, they're not that great at compute tasks, so they're just rich gamer cards now.

I was considering this card before Pascal was released, but seeing its performance (and price) has me backing off a bit. I'd like to see someone overclock it to proper speeds and benchmark that. I'm kind of doubting a 1080 Ti will exist at this point.

I figured the 1080 Ti will be their HBM2 part released next year.

News Comments > Batman – The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September
8. Re: Batman – The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September Jul 15, 2016, 23:18 Bundy

Jerykk wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 23:16:
Bundy wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:41:
Ecthelion wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:34:
Bundy wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 14:05:
I liked the first season of Walking Dead and hated the second. I was pretty disappointed in Wolf Among Us and thought Game of Thrones was, by far, their worst entry. Didn't bother with the Borderlands one. The quality trend is going the wrong way.
I agree about Walking Dead Season 2, the beginning and ending felt forced to me, like bad writing to create an artificial situation. Tales of the Borderlands was a lot of fun for me, it was really funny and didn't kill off people just because it could.

Why didn't you like Wolf Among Us? I really enjoyed that one, and it got me into the Fables comics to boot.

I enjoyed the story. It definitely lured me in. But I didn't like the way they kept presenting us with fake "choices". And forcing the desired outcome regardless. I remember that I finally got tired of the Tweedles fucking with me so I opted to kill them both. There must have been a half dozen characters all telling me to not do it. Telltale REAAAALLY didn't want me to even try. By the end I was just fed up. I'd rather it be a tv series on HBO, than a game. It was the same with game of thrones when they kept trying to get you to submit to the Whitehills. In the end I kept refusing to spite Telltale.

I think you probably need to change your expectations. None of these games (or these kinds of games) is going to let you tell your own story. You're simply changing the details of the story being told, not the major plot points. This is true of any game that lets players affect the narrative.

Well I definitely have different expectations of Telltale's games now. I kept wanting them to be Walking Dead season 1. But clearly they've moved past that. Their new type of adventure games isn't one that I'm going to enjoy, so I just won't invest in any more of these.

But I still want that Wolf Among Us TV series.

6. Re: Batman – The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September Jul 15, 2016, 21:41 Bundy

Ecthelion wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:34:
Bundy wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 14:05:
I liked the first season of Walking Dead and hated the second. I was pretty disappointed in Wolf Among Us and thought Game of Thrones was, by far, their worst entry. Didn't bother with the Borderlands one. The quality trend is going the wrong way.
I agree about Walking Dead Season 2, the beginning and ending felt forced to me, like bad writing to create an artificial situation. Tales of the Borderlands was a lot of fun for me, it was really funny and didn't kill off people just because it could.

Why didn't you like Wolf Among Us? I really enjoyed that one, and it got me into the Fables comics to boot.

I enjoyed the story. It definitely lured me in. But I didn't like the way they kept presenting us with fake "choices". And forcing the desired outcome regardless. I remember that I finally got tired of the Tweedles fucking with me so I opted to kill them both. There must have been a half dozen characters all telling me to not do it. Telltale REAAAALLY didn't want me to even try. By the end I was just fed up. I'd rather it be a tv series on HBO, than a game. It was the same with game of thrones when they kept trying to get you to submit to the Whitehills. In the end I kept refusing to spite Telltale.

4. Re: Batman – The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September Jul 15, 2016, 14:05 Bundy

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 09:53 Bundy

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 08:12:
Had a blast playing INSIDE.
It's spectacular. It put a smile on my face, the same one Another World put on me.
TBH, the ending doesn't make this game justice...but the rest is just...wow.

About the ending, it felt just like the Monty Python And The Holy Grail.
There's that music played in a loop-like way with a black screen, you expect something else to happen...you wait...wait some more... And boom. Credits.

I liked Inside but feel it's being somewhat overrated. Yes it was really atmospheric. The art and animations were all top notch. But the puzzles were really easy. It won't take you more than a minute or two to solve any of them. And the ending was terrible. The secret ending was just as terrible.

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
47. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 15:15 Bundy

Oh I expect them to be just as dull. Elite tried to add some unexpected interest with the supercruise by adding interdictions. But they mostly succeeded in annoying people.  

45. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 14:52 Bundy

If it takes you 10m to destroy a single enemy in elite you're definitely doing it wrong. The small ships I can have down in a couple seconds. The bigger ones maybe a minute or two.

Otherwise you're making nothing but assumptions based on a few short videos that don't reveal hardly any content at all. Right now there's no evidence to assume that they've made any of that gameplay interesting.

I do agree Elite makes long range travel boring. I'm not a big fan of their supercruise implementation.

36. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 10:07 Bundy

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 03:39:
Bundy wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 18:46:
Yeah, I'm with you on this. It'll be interesting to see if this will be more interesting than Elite. Right now I'm expecting it to be exactly as boring.

Elite has missions, numerous ships of different classes and a robust trading system. I think No Man's Sky is even more barebones, other than the pretty planets? I liked Elite for what it was. I'm wary about this one though.

Elite has its flaws, but other than the animal life it's already doing everything they're promising NMS can do. I'm not entirely sure why people think NMS will be that much better.

650 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo