Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Sales Ending
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 15, 2017, 09:43 Bundy

Even when you play Elite in Open Mode it might as well be offline. Unless you go to a community goal or a hotspot, you'll rarely bump into other people. With the Solo Mode they have I'm not sure why people with good internet are clamoring for an offline mode. I understand if your internet is crappy, but for most folks it's not an issue. I doubt this alone would have created a sales bonanza. The game has bigger shortcomings than this, like a stale and shallow universe with oversimplified gameplay.

Mod support would have been great though. The community could have filled in the gaps faster than they currently are.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2017, 13:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
31. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 18:43 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 17:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:58:
Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

The downside is that might eliminate the Eric Barones and Stardew Valleys indie projects.

So, Stardew Valley has an estimated revenue of $25M. He would have made back his $5K easily, like within the first 10 minutes his game was on sale.

It's unlikely he would have ever put it in the store if he was asked to pay 5K in the first place. He had no idea he struck gold until the hype started, after it was in the store.

I agree with this change, I just think 5K is too high.

13. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 15:48 Bundy

The small one or two man teams aren't making AAA. Most indie developers don't do this as their full time jobs, or try to get bank loans to fund themselves. They work on their projects during evenings and weekends. $5000 is a bit steep to ask of someone who is supporting a family, has a mortgage and 2 kids that need braces. $500 to $1000 sounds fair to me.  

8. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:50 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:44:
Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

That's a good thing, it'll only leave the real contenders who are serious and get rid of the tons of bullshit shovelware that Steam is lousy with. This is how business is supposed to work. Half the reason bureaucracy and fees exist is precisely to weed people out.

I'm just saying $100 is probably too low, everyone can scrounge up $100. But $5000 is probably too much. Steam will just become a store of AAA games. If that's all you want, then that's fair. I'd just like some wiggle room for indie devs to operate in there somewhere. 5K will push them right out.

6. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:37 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:08:
Any move to weed out the abysmal shovelware garbage is welcomed. I'd say make the fee *at least* $5,000. It's recoupable so what. If some basement dwelling kiddo can't afford it, it's not a big loss. Kiddo can always self-publish first via their own website (or a network site of fledgling game devs) and if the game really is somewhat decent then kiddo should be able to cough up the $5K in no time.

Without the exposure of Steam or a hefty advertising budget, self publishing on your own website is almost a guaranteed failure. I know you don't care being a customer and gamer. But the indie developer does need at least a small chance to succeed and get their work noticed.

2. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 14:03 Bundy

News Comments > John Wick Chronicles Released
7. Re: John Wick Chronicles Released Feb 10, 2017, 09:43 Bundy

Loved the first movie, can't wait to see the second. You don't always need 200 million in special effects to make a good action movie, sometimes less is more.  

News Comments > Walking on Arizona Sunshine
3. Re: Walking on Arizona Sunshine Jan 25, 2017, 17:08 Bundy

Try closing your left eye (or right if you're left handed) when looking down the barrel. It helped me.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released
8. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released Jan 24, 2017, 14:10 Bundy

I'm gonna wait for this one to get PC VR support next year. I need a good horror game on my Rift so I can crap my pants.  

News Comments > Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month
10. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 17, 2017, 09:30 Bundy

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 00:37:
Maybe someday I'll play superhot, when they make it for my VR headset. It looks neat, but Oculus buys exclusivity to everything that looks decent. I don't care that they get exclusives to their store, but they also only support one headset. It won't, CAN'T last like that, but for now, it sucks.

And no, I won't install ReVive to play Oculus games, unless they're free. They can support all VR hardware or go fuck themselves.

This Unforgiven game launches at $5. Gonna check initial impressions and maybe pick it up.

To be fair, there are tons of Vive exclusives on Steam too. But I agree the Oculus store should support more than one headset.

7. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 16, 2017, 14:07 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 14:03:
Not a western, but I've heard Super Hot VR is awesome.

Superhot VR IS awesome. It's also the number 1 game for people whacking the controllers against the desk, wall, shelving unit, dog, anybody even close to the players zone. We learned some early lessons from this game and our available VR space. The number 2 game in this respect is the VR Sports Challenge where you are the NHL goalie.

6. Re: Unforgiven VR Early Access Next Month Jan 16, 2017, 14:05 Bundy

This looks sorta similar to an Oculus game called Dead and Buried. It's various MP games of the western sort. There's a quick draw tourny game, a robbers vs sheriff game. It can be rather fun.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 09:26 Bundy

Anyone who gets even slight VR nausea. Dirt Rally might not be the best game for you. I did 3 races and had to give myself a long sit down. Basically ended my VR evening.  

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
14. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 17:13 Bundy

Saw some videos of this one, wasn't really all that interested in it. Apparently it was falling quite a bit behind schedule and missing a lot of its deadlines. Guess they figured it wasn't good enough to keep pushing along.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 10, 2017, 17:07 Bundy

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 09:54:
Wait, VR going mobile!? Whoever could have predicted that?

It's absolutely going mobile. The only reason it's tethered right now is for processing power. But with mobile CPU's making big improvements with each generation the gap is closing. And the advantages of a fully mobile, inside out tracking HMD are much greater than some graphic fidelity.

I'd much rather have access to traverse my whole house in a VR game than a better looking game but be stuck within a small room.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 00:56 Bundy

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:50:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:42:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
I was hoping for more of a return to the first game with the emphasis on exploration and RPG and less on all the constant Michael Bay gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. And I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite.

Love the reactionary posts. Where to begin...

1) Andromeda is bringing back the planetary exploration from the first game, only with actual stuff to do on said planets rather than drive around an empty landscape in a vehicle that handles like crap.

2) Mass Effect has always been shooter first, RPG second. This was true of the first game, only it had pretty crappy combat and lackluster level design. The skill tree was more complex, sure, but there was a lot of filler and leveling wasn't exactly interesting.

3) There are new races and stories.

Love your reactionary reply. Where to begin..

1) Its pretty funny

2) Posts have always been reactionary, take a fucking look around.

3) It has a list, with numbers and shit.

You forgot to add a poll. Every anti-reactionary reactionary flamebait fanboy post needs a good poll.

[ ] Shep
[ ] FemShep

Done.

Frankly I'll just be happy if Bioware stops trying to check all the LGBTQ boxes with every RPG they make, and trying really REALLY hard to convince me that I need to be gay. Why wasn't there a "I'm your fucking commanding officer and I'm not fucking gay. Stop hitting on me and just fly the fucking shuttle craft. And NO! I don't want to dance. Fuck" dialog option.

Oh look at that, I ranted.

News Comments > Firewatch Sells 1M
3. Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Jan 4, 2017, 14:08 Bundy

I enjoyed this game. If you're a fan though, don't watch that video where the dev showed a 3rd person view of Henry in the unity editor. Ruined my whole mental image.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. uebec Dec 23, 2016, 16:57 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:44:
Bundy wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:15:
A strong environmental policy was part of his campaign, and he won on it. A carbon levy is very unpopular in the west in Alberta and Sask, which kinda sounds like you're from one or the other.

I'm not but thanks for your assumption. He didn't win on the environment, he won by not being Stephen Harper and offering the usual bullshit platitudes about hope and change.

He's accomplished exactly as little as any other politician manages to get done. The Liberal party still has an 18 point lead over the Conservative party. I wouldn't exactly say that the end is nigh.

He's done jack and shit outside of jet setting around the world trying to win a peace prize and taking fundraiser money from the chinese. That's without getting into his complete lack of credentials to actually manage a country, something people ding the Americans about all the time with Trump. I didn't say the end was nigh, I said eventual downhill trajectory. The honeymoon period is over and PM selfie can start earning his money or he's going to see it very quickly in approval numbers. People aren't going to be as patient when things are so fragile.

Don't even get me going on carbon taxes, a complete joke in this country which will have no appreciable impact on climate change. I own part of a business that will be heavily impacted by carbon taxes and we will be expanding to the US next year instead of Canada. It hurts to do that to people but we have no choice, manufacturing in Canada has been stomped dead by idiotic policy decisions in everything from energy to tax. The rising operating costs have eroded our bottom line and investors are sick of it.

Trump is a joke but Canada holding its nose and laughing at the US is too considering own predicament and choices.

It was part of the platform though. Voters knew it going in. No surprises.

You didn't answer my question though. What specifically did you expect him to do? Of course he's accomplished almost nothing tangible to us. None of these fuckers actually do anything all that useful. Left or right, it all ends up the same to us plebs.

Ok there it is, I see, you have a business which got hurt by a policy. Don't assume that this means everybody else is just as outraged. Just look at the BC folks outraged by the pipeline announcement. They couldn't be more at odds with what's happening here in Alberta.

Anyway, that's where I'll leave it. Said my peace. Merry Xmas, have a good holiday.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 15:15 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:50:
No, he's shit and his support figures have already started their eventual downhill trajectory after ramming through unpopular carbon policy on a hammered economy and accomplishing little else. An absolute joke of a leader and they know it, they're already considering huge cabinet re-shuffles in January. As far as figureheads go he's even worse than Trump which is saying something.

A strong environmental policy was part of his campaign, and he won on it. A carbon levy is very unpopular in the west in Alberta and Sask, which kinda sounds like you're from one or the other. But not so much out east. Quebec and Ontario aren't budging on allowing the Energy East pipeline to go through and that's after that train exploded and destroyed half a town.

He's accomplished exactly as little as any other politician manages to get done. I'm not sure what policy or changes you were expecting him to do. But he did green light 2 major pipelines so that's good for Alberta, once they're completed of course. BC is resisting pretty hard b/c of their strong environmental vision.

The Liberal party still has an 18 point lead over the Conservative party. I wouldn't exactly say that the end is nigh. As for Trudeau himself, his approval rating among Canadians is 61%, far above any of the other leaders.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 15:22.

News Comments > Origin Holiday Sale
6. Re: Origin Holiday Sale Dec 23, 2016, 15:08 Bundy

The SP campaign in Titanfall 2 is actually pretty good. Don't care for MP fps games myself but enjoyed the storyline. Was much better than the annual CoD release.  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo