Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 707 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Werewolves Within Breaks Out
2. Re: Werewolves Within Breaks Out Dec 8, 2016, 14:49 Bundy

Empyers wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 12:02:
The key aspect of deception games like Werewolf or Resistance is the ability to read facial cues and body language. Putting it in VR is interesting, but they're missing key aspects. I don't think these games were meant for VR.

I have to agree with you, the best part of playing One Night Werewolf is immediately accusing my youngest son of being a werewolf the moment the game starts and watching his reaction.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
11. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 14:48 Bundy

Bodolza wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 14:19:
If they were listening to their customers, they wouldn't have tried to pull this in the first place. Also, someone had posted a work-around to github literally within a couple hours of release. I imagine it was an even quicker fix for the devs. They probably just needed to comment out an "if" clause.

I got my money on it being an #undef That's how I typically do hardware specific stuff. That way I only need one project for my little phone games to cover Android and iOS.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
10. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 14:46 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:03:
El Pit wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 12:18:
Vertigo Games: Hi, you are already wealthy, so have something for free!

vs.

Joe Average: What? You poor guys want freebies? F#*! YOU!

Great times we live in, really.

What was that Adam Sandler film where he was the sick and dying comedian. And they're in his garage and he has all this stuff there, and he says it was all free, and how amazing it is that when you're poor and nobody no one will give you the time of day but the richer and more famous you get the more free shit they give you. Just look at those fucking gift bags for the Oscars. It's goddamned obscene.

Yeah after Michael Jordan retired he said something about how he hadn't paid for a meal in years. As soon as he walked in a place the he would be recognized and the manager would give him whatever he wanted.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2016, 15:34 Bundy

Very much winter here (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada). -19C (-2F) today and dropping down to -28C (-18F) by the weekend.  

News Comments > SUPERHOT VR Released
7. Re: SUPERHOT VR Released Dec 6, 2016, 15:29 Bundy

My touch controllers come in Monday, just deciding on which titles to pick up for them now. Should be fun!  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike
2. Re: Cities: Skylines: Natural Disasters Strike Nov 30, 2016, 09:29 Bundy

Not sure it's worth the $15. At least for me. When I play city sims I always play with disasters off, always felt like they were just cruel, like the game was saying. "Pretty nice city you've spend 30 hours building, it would be a shame if something happened to it." I only ever turn them on when my city is done, I have nothing left to do, so I turn on everything at once, and watch it all burn to the ground.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support
6. Re: Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support Nov 29, 2016, 10:39 Bundy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 10:28:
Bundy wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 09:28:
On my last big project I worked 18 hour days, 7 days a week during the last month to hit the release deadline.

Shit like this is exactly why I quit game development for another field. "Crunch" is bullshit, a cankerous symptom of bad project management and it's through the entire industry.

It wasn't even in game dev, we were implementing a new ERP. I'm in database dev at an oil equipment company. Management wanted to launch with their year end and the new system didn't do half of what was promised. Damn thing couldn't even create financial statements.

News Comments > Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support
4. Re: Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support Nov 29, 2016, 09:28 Bundy

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 09:07:
siapnar wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 23:19:
Eagle flight looks cool so I looked it up on the store. 60 bucks

HA!

Yeah, not sure it's worth $60, but it'll go on sale soon enough. Most games made for VR have to recover development cost somehow, and there just aren't that many people with VR gear yet. A very small number of VR games translate to working on a regular monitor (seated game's that use a basic controller and no meaningful camera functionality), so those can attempt to get a wider audience. Thing is, games made for VR aim at that 90 fps sweet spot, so they won't look nearly as good as games that aim for ~60, and therefore have worse chances against similar, prettier games.

That's ignoring that games for VR are inherently different from games for monitors. Motion controls change everything, as does room scale play, and developers have no friggin clue what to do with them. It doesn't help that every remotely popular VR title has forum threads from people demanding that the game be allowed to work on a normal monitor, calling the devs lazy and focusing too much on a "gimmick". They don't seem to have any concept of the difference in the controls, despite having a billion videos and articles explaining it.

Yup, pretty much. I hear the "lazy dev" comment all the time. People have no idea how much work goes into these things. On my last big project I worked 18 hour days, 7 days a week during the last month to hit the release deadline. And I still get called "lazy dev" when they discover it's missing some feature that was never in the design doc I was given.

People don't seem to realize that on big projects like these, the developers don't actually decide what the features are. That's all done long before by the design teams. By the time work comes down to the programmers, everything has been decided. Our job is to just implement the feature set. The Assassin's Creed games aren't done by 6 guys in a room. Watch the credits for AC3, they take 30 minutes to scroll by. Thousands of people are involved.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2016, 09:58.

News Comments > BladeShield Next Week
3. Re: BladeShield Next Week Nov 22, 2016, 14:42 Bundy

I wouldn't say VR has gone "full Wii". This is the typical sort of small dev games that already clog up Steam. Right now these guys are pushing hard into VR b/c there's basically no triple A titles from big studios. So the little guys have a small window to get some visibility. It'll be vanishing pretty soon.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2016, 09:58 Bundy

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:38:
This game is INCREDIBLY boring on a normal screen. In VR, the sense of scale and isolation are amazing, and JUST enough to distract you from the rather slow, repetitive missions. You move pretty slowly (to alleviate motion sickness), but that translates to being painfully dull when not in VR. Aaaand lookee there, the Xbone is the only platform they originally announced for that doesn't have VR. I'm betting it was planned, then put on hold until scorpio launches, and so Adr1ft has no reason to exist on the xbone for the next year. It may show up when Scorpio comes out, or it may just...be forgotten.
Sadly, early VR titles are too focused on letting you fiddle with everything and calling THAT gameplay, with very minimal environments. Only one game went for broke on being an actual adventure, and it's made by one guy. No one's even announced anything similar to Vanishing Realms, and I have no idea why not, it's fucking fantastic.

Hopefully we'll see more games like vanishing realms come out. It's a shame it isn't being promoted more. But I'm an indie dev too, it's almost impossible to get your work any kind of visibility. For every minecraft there's a hundred thousand vanishing realms.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released
5. Re: EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released Nov 17, 2016, 23:23 Bundy

ViRGE wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 22:20:
Dagnamit wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 21:48:
$60?!?!

LOOOLOLOLOLOLOL. I love VR man, but holy hell, no, just no.
Well it's a full game. It's not some tech demo kitbashed together in a week.

I have it on Oculus, and it's one of the better games. But the Arena in Elite Dangerous is arguably just as good, and way cheaper.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
16. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 17, 2016, 09:26 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 09:21:
Mystic95Z wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 09:17:
Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 00:07:
Bradley wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 21:06:
Is this the good one? I can't keep them straight.

Planet Coaster is the good one and it unlocks tomorrow. Way too expensive atm - $60 - so I'll be waiting for it for a while.

Its $40.49 on steam right now, not $60.
He is in Canada that is why he sees the higher price
With the 10% discount it is $54CDN
I've had a few bucks from selling trading cards so the grand total came to $50CDN for me.
If the game will be half as much fun as the youtube vids suggest I'll have money's worth out of this game.

Yup the CDN dollar is pretty terrible right now. Civ 6 is $80 here.

News Comments > Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy Game Revealed
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 15, 2016, 09:27 Bundy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 21:54:
Fion wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 14:42:
Holy shit awesome! I also skipped the Batman one as I'm not a fan but I did hear it was good.

As much as I am now excited for a Telltale GotG game, I wish they'd put someone back on Wolf Among Us, I want a season 2 for that game SO BAD!

Wolf Among Us is the only one I've played so far. It was great, and I'd love a second season as well. What's the next best one I should play? Anyone got a recommendation?

Walking Dead, especially season 1, was good. Avoid Game of Thrones. It was by far their worst.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 14, 2016, 09:25 Bundy

I've been seeing the bezel-less iPhone rumour appear every year for the last 3 or 4 years at least. I suppose it eventually might be true.  

News Comments > Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China
4. Re: Wireless Vive Accessory Shown in China Nov 11, 2016, 16:50 Bundy

Wonder what this uses for wireless communications. HDMI 1.4 + USB 3.0 is a lot of bandwidth  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 23:46 Bundy

I'd take Trudeau a thousand times over before Trump. Keep him, and build a wall between us too please.  

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 14:31 Bundy

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:12:
Necrophob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 13:50:
More like, Canada will build an ice wall, to keep the white walkers out.

In some places here we'll be in -35C/-31F weather soon enough, takes care of that problem for a few months.

That does seem to be the solution to many issues that other countries in the world have to deal with. Constant violent street crimes, giant gross insects. The list goes on and on, or maybe it's just those two. Either way, it's tough to be hard ass street thug or nasty looking spider when everything is under 3 feet of snow and it's a howling blizzard outside.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 14:03 Bundy

One does not simply move to Canada:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/americans-it-s-not-as-easy-as-just-moving-to-canada-1.3150096

That said, I feel good being Canadian today, I honestly have no idea what my neighbors to the south think Trump is going to do for you. But it's probably not what you think. We'll just have to wait and see.

News Comments > TrackMania Turbo Adds VR Support
6. Re: TrackMania Turbo Adds VR Support Nov 9, 2016, 09:23 Bundy

Yeah I have an Oculus and the first thing you learn playing games on it is where your tolerance level is. Without trying this I can say with a certainty, that TrackMania, FAAAAAR exceeds mine.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
20. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 18:43 Bundy

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 18:02:
Bundy wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 14:06:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 13:00:
Maybe one day I'll get around to finishing the first one. I always get bored when I replay it and just end up uninstalling it.

I'm with you, I think I've made it to almost the end about 5 times now. But I always get bored somewhere around the betrayal and give up.

I've conceded that I'm just never going to finish this game.

I'm the exact opposite.
Dishonored was the first game I completed in like 10+ years. I have extreme single player ADD(end up playing multi like overwatch or dota2, Rust, BF1, etc) and end up playing a few hours max. Skyrim did hold me for like 50 hrs and got 3/4 way through Witcher 2 before lost a save switch computers or something. I installed Witcher 3 on release and have yet to run it yet.

-edit, I forgot I did complete Far Cry 3... have yet to run FC4, I buy pretty much every game, the steam addiction syndrome

We're opposite twins. Far Cry 3 was another that I got, played for a while, then gave up. Tried again, same thing. Just can't make myself play it. Far Cry 4 I didn't even try, the advertising just put me off. I don't know what I expected with it given I wasn't a fan of the previous but it just had too much of a villain in a pink suit. Dunno.

As for id Tech, it gets a pass b/c of it's origins. It came from Carmack, who is a legend in this industry. And it doesn't use Direct 3D. id Tech was the only major engine waving the OpenGL flag. So all the anti-microsoft gamers ate it up.

707 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo