Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 761 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witness for OS X Observed
1. Re: The Witness for OS X Observed Mar 25, 2017, 15:49 Bundy

Thought I would be really into this game but I was disappointed. I thought it was supposed to be an island of puzzles. But it was just hundreds of the exact same puzzle, the island was basically just background. Would have been better if the environment was the puzzles  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
62. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 13:56 Bundy

I caught the same plot hole too. Apparently neither Hollywood screenwriters nor video game writers understand science. The sad thing is we're all so used to it now it barely hits our radar. And when it does all we do is shrug and mutter something about luddites.  

60. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 12:11 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 08:48:
I've seen the same 3 posters stumping for it and a bunch of people hating on it.

Well to be fair a fair number of the haters haven't played it, they're just going off from some selective youtube videos. The earlier Mass Effects have some ridiculous videos too. Not that the game isn't without it's flaws, for sure. The twitchy empty wide-eye'd million mile stare from a lot of the NPC's is off putting. But even Witcher 3, one of the best games ever, had ingame cutscene issues too. They reused the same NPC models over and over and over again, just changed the voice actor and plunked him down in a different role.

But in all the comparisons on youtube gamers are posting they're only showing the animations of MEA against Geralt and Yennifer, clearly where CDR spent most of their time perfecting.

I dunno, I think it looks and feels like a Mass Effect game. My biggest issue with it is the villain is so contrived and one dimensional. The beauty of the Reapers is that after 3 games and many years we never knew their motives or origins until the last seconds of the game, terrible ending aside. They were a great villain all the way through. This guy feels like an Avenger movie comic book bad guy.

But to each their own.

BTW, completely off topic. If you have a Rift or a Vive, get Paranormal Activity. It is Early Access and their are some hand issues (at least on Rift). But it will make you fear shit.

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
14. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 12:03 Bundy

heroin wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:06:
Though, as I always say - Witcher 3 / GTAV are the paradigm of a $60 game.

Yeah those two really set the golden standard. I'm pretty pumped for CDR's Cyberpunk game.

57. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 01:19 Bundy

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 00:45:
<whole bunch of stuff>

Nearly done my 10 hrs of the early access. I agree with every word you said Creston.

The vitriol coming from the internet regarding some of the problems reminds of how some people are freaking out that LeFou in Beauty and the Beast is gay. Because apparently there's never been a gay character in a movie until today. How dare Disney change the sexual orientation of a character as beloved as fucking LeFou!!!!

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2017, 02:46.

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
8. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 01:13 Bundy

I wouldn't imagine of playing this type of game with KBM. Too bad about the other problems though, it looks fun.  

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 22:36 Bundy

About 3 hours in so far. Honestly if I hadn't read about all the fuss today I would have noticed there was anything wrong. Seems fine to me. Haven't noticed any weird facial animations and the story and dialog seem standard mass effectish. It's no Witcher 3 in space or anything, but im fine with what I've seen. Will be buying I'm pretty sure.  

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
30. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 17:43 Bundy

Honestly I'm curious to where all these ads are that everyone is complaining about. I haven't seen any. Are they in the windows store or something?  

24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:59 Bundy

ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:28:
Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:15:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:10:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:57:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

Honestly haven't put much time into the SP, but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway. This video does point out some obvious flaws. I'm just saying that all of the animation can't be perfect. I believe it has as much dialogue as the last 3 games combined? (IIRC)

I'm getting it, anyway... the faces aren't gonna break the game for me.

Haven't played yet, but this is what I figured. Honestly if you pause any movie at any point, half the characters on screen will be caught in some stupid expression. Not that there aren't issues, I suspect people might be making more of it than what it is.

The videos I have seen are long conversations, not pauses at random times. In some of them, they talk about dramatic subjects and their faces are absolutely dead neutral. Also, in some conversations the voice acting is terrible and in others the writing makes no sense, maybe because the facial animations are so messed up.

I got it on EA Access and will play it over the weekend. We'll have to see how much of a deal breaker it is. I'll probably still get it. I'm too much of a space game nerd

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
24. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 15:17 Bundy

Damn! I saw this thread and came on here to read CJ's daily MS hate rant. But nothing. Disappointed. Guess he's too busy hating on MEA at the moment.  

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:15 Bundy

Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:10:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:57:
Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 13:54:
I mean some of the facial animations are odd (they can't be perfect, given the amount of dialogue), but these faces look amazing to me. I'm on all High settings, and it looks fantastic. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Are you saying that the videos are lies?

Honestly haven't put much time into the SP, but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway. This video does point out some obvious flaws. I'm just saying that all of the animation can't be perfect. I believe it has as much dialogue as the last 3 games combined? (IIRC)

I'm getting it, anyway... the faces aren't gonna break the game for me.

Haven't played yet, but this is what I figured. Honestly if you pause any movie at any point, half the characters on screen will be caught in some stupid expression. Not that there aren't issues, I suspect people might be making more of it than what it is.

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:14 Bundy

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:02:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:40:
--edited for sanity--
Honestly, I think it's a positive for a game that you don't like it. You're a better shill than the actual shills, so keep it up.

Good. Then I hope everyone goes and preorders all the games I don't like because it will make the dumb people poorer. More dumb, poor people -> more Trump voters -> more fun in the news every day. Win-win for me. Checks out! Hi5, bruuuuhhhh!!!

This may just be a long shot, it may have to do with the insane amount of idiocy that you spout daily that makes people want to do exactly the opposite of whatever it is you type.

I mean, half the time you're making stupid names for companies/games/people that it totally invalidates any and all content you attempt to add to a discussion.

This. Honestly CJ, what games do you like? I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 of your posts are shitting on something. Maybe even 10 out of 10.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Free Update Next Month
2. Re: Planet Coaster Free Update Next Month Mar 13, 2017, 14:02 Bundy

It's a good game, but needs way more rides, shops and everything else.  

News Comments > BAFTA Nominees
4. Re: BAFTA Nominees Mar 10, 2017, 14:04 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 17:01:
It's not a game it's an interactive story. A game by definition connotes keeping score and winning or losing, in some fashion.

I'd like to think the entire medium is more broad than that.

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
38. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 10:02 Bundy

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 08:19:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 06:13:

Its amazing that some people actually believe that the people responsible for making and producing brilliant games like Fallout, or Elder Scrolls are actually also the very same people who run the companies they work in, and make business and legal decisions that affect the whole company or corporation as a whole as well as all of their customers.

Well of course. ZeniMax are mainly the suits of Bethesda, not the same. Either way, ZeniMax guaranteed the dumbing down of Fallout by buying it, the franchise is horse manure now. Worse, Mutated Brahmin Shit.

Definitely dumbed down compared to the titles before FO3, but if they sold a turned based combat RPG on consoles in this day and age, it would shutter the series.

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
37. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 09:53 Bundy

Acleacius wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 01:30:
It's hard to decide who to support in this carmack seems to be a complete and arrogant asshat. Iirc, it was around Quake III when he said he didn't care what his customers/fans wanted, he makes what he wants to.

I know more than a few game devs, and all of them consider their personal projects to be works of art (whether they're good or not). As such all of them share this attitude, they're making the game they want to play. Not the game you want them to make for you. It's your choice whether you want to play it or not, but that's it.

EDIT: I wonder at what point this whole thing gets annoying enough to facebook that they just buy Zenimax outright. The company is worth about 2.5 bn, according to a quick google search. That's less than facebook's last quarterly profit.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2017, 09:32 Bundy

Dammit! I'm on holiday!  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
3. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 09:59 Bundy

11GB seems like a strange number.  

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
22. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Mar 1, 2017, 09:29 Bundy

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 23:06:
Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 19:10:
I wonder how Notch feels about it now, knowing he made what is literally a global phenomenon.
From what I've read about it, he is happy to have the load off his shoulders -- his personality doesn't work well with the "everyone knows you, and everyone wants your opinion" issue. He just wants to be anonymous and write code. At least that's the information I've seen...

He's your typical nerdy introvert. But he was complaining a while back on Twitter because after the sale he basically lost the few friends he had left. I think he just putters around his various mansions these days doing not much. I unfollowed his Twitter a couple months ago b/c he was posting nothing but random weirdness.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 1, 2017, 09:26 Bundy

Bodolza wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 19:43:
Every review I've read for TPCast says no noticeable lag and little to no video degradation. The battery isn't attached to the headset, so the box that sits on top of your head is unnoticeable.

Also, it's first generation wireless tech for a first gen headset. Right now, the graphics cards are the real bottleneck, anyways, not the display resolution. When the next generation of headsets and graphics cards come out, they'll be on their second gen of wireless as well.

True enough

761 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo