Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 854 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 5, 2018, 00:32 Bundy

Why doesn't he just use C#? Or one of the relatively easy to use and readily available engines that's out there. The trouble with making your own programming language is when you try to hire people for your company. There will be exactly zero people with experience.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
7. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 29, 2018, 11:27 Bundy

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 09:13:
There's still no story, no engaging missions, no people to care about, no direction. You just wander about, doing random things.
Just like the original game by David Braben.

Correct.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 28, 2018, 20:30 Bundy

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 18:27:
So I dabbled a little bit during the first year of release.... anything to bring back old players who were bored or frustrated?

There's definitely more variety since the first year but the core of the game is largely unchanged. You're still doing procedurally generated missions that reward a little bit of money. And you use that to buy a better ship and modules. Repeat. If it didn't appeal to you then, I'm not sure it will now.

There's still no story, no engaging missions, no people to care about, no direction. You just wander about, doing random things.

News Comments > Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved
10. Re: Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved Jun 28, 2018, 20:25 Bundy

Dman20 wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 13:27:
Daaamn $250 Million for 7 lines of code or 35.7mil per line, thats insane.

I feel very underpaid.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised
9. Re: Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised Jun 28, 2018, 20:23 Bundy

Wilson's Heart and Lone Echo are very good as well.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised
5. Re: Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised Jun 28, 2018, 07:50 Bundy

Dev wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 07:32:
Win 7 isn't out of official support yet from MS lol

Mainstream support has, but yes extended support will continue until Jan 2020. Though that's less than 2 years from now. So it's coming up. Most of their users are on Win10 already anyway.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 19:24 Bundy

Bumpy wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 18:07:
El Pit wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 17:13:
Solo should be single-player content! It' SOLO not DUO after all.

Yup. Blue got me with the title. Was excited about single player but nope.

It has single player content.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 21:56 Bundy

Steam reviews and Rotten Tomato audience reviews are both complete garbage.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 22:21 Bundy

Mr. Tact wrote on May 1, 2018, 20:09:
Bundy wrote on May 1, 2018, 19:58:
That's why I plan to die suddenly and in a massive heart attack. Poutine FTW!
The problem with this plan is when you survive and end up with bad health, extreme debt, or both...

Oh I won't survive. I'm not making 70, so I don't care about debt either

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Technical Beta
18. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 22:19 Bundy

Acleacius wrote on May 1, 2018, 20:23:
Bundy wrote on May 1, 2018, 19:51:
Acleacius wrote on May 1, 2018, 17:52:
win 10 exclusive, pass.

Windows 7 is on it's 9th year. Might be time to go die on another hill.
Not sure I'm ready for the exploitation 10, so far it's been mostly all bad news. By the time most of the security companies find all the backdoors it will probably be too late. Not to mention, has there really been any significant technological advancements? Or (no offense intended) do you just subscribe to the idea of buying/free updating it because it's the newest offering?

The exploiting that Win10 does is a tinie tiny fraction of the exploiting that your smartphone, facebook, google do. All Windows knows about me is the game that I play. My smartphone knows every thing. So no, not I'm not scared of Windows. Nobody tried to exploit it to fuck with the last election, nobody cares. Besides if you think Win7 is safer, you're kidding yourself.

If u wanna keep using 7, knock yourself out. But the whole "Win10?!?!!? FUCK THAT!" It was released 3 years ago, that's almost an entire console generation. The trope is old. But I guess, this is blues. Home of the neckbeards.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 19:58 Bundy

My wife's grandma was at the point where she was sad when she woke up every day and was still alive. She wasn't in pain or had to be confined to a bed all day or anything like that. It was just that everybody she knew, outside her family, were dead. Her husband died 10 years ago, she outlived all her friends, 4 of her children and several grandchildren. She was just tired, and done with it all.

That's why I plan to die suddenly and in a massive heart attack. Poutine FTW!

13. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 19:53 Bundy

Beamer wrote on May 1, 2018, 12:29:
Nullity wrote on May 1, 2018, 12:17:
What SJW bullshit?

There was a female with a sniper rifle in that trailer, and she was a person of color, too. That's all it takes for Cutter. Is there a character that isn't reflective of how Cutter sees himself? Then the game is SJW bullshit!

If you wanna see a ton of Cutter clones. Go read the WCCFtech comments sometime. Full of garbage like that. There were a few guys pitching a fit about the new Tomb Raider trailer, after some questioning it basically came down to her not looking enough like a whore.

12. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 1, 2018, 19:51 Bundy

Acleacius wrote on May 1, 2018, 17:52:
win 10 exclusive, pass.

Windows 7 is on it's 9th year. Might be time to go die on another hill.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 27, 2018, 23:12 Bundy

Can't read Cutter's post b/c I've blocked him years ago, but otherwise it's like Infowars comments in here. Time for more blocking!  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Released
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Released Feb 27, 2018, 23:10 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 21:45:
I get that they're "brand building" and all of that, but I feel strongly that rendered trailers just take away resources from making the game.

Typically pre-rendered cutscenes like this aren't done inhouse, they just farm this stuff out. But if it was there probably wouldn't be much overlap. The bulk of changes with this patch were improving existing systems.

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
4. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 3, 2018, 00:56 Bundy

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 21:34:
I loved that crazy Blood Dragon DLC that Far Cry 3 got, so this sounds exciting. I skipped FC4 and Primal so the main game will be less repetitive for me as well.

Couldn't get past the whole guy in the pink suit thing either huh?

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
28. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 17:59 Bundy

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:22:
Slick wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?

No that was Lionhead.

Both were Molynaux though, right?

23. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:11 Bundy

Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:26:
Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

The only thing that could've saved the prequels was the supposedly planned Jar Jar Sith Lord story. That would've made it far more interesting and 10x better. But they threw it away cause Lucas was timid about Jar Jars reception, apparently.

I've heard that theory, if true I wish they'd have gone through with it. If executed well it could have been great.

22. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:09 Bundy

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:27:
Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:57:
Still plenty of salt to go around, apparently...

=-Rigs-=

Well, sure. It's mined on Crait which is covered with the stuff.

Giggle

Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

GTFO, Bundy...I...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

Nope. Sorry Rigs. Fantastic universe, but not very good movies. I know that they're ancient and small budget and all that, but compared to the 3 new ones they're awful. I'm a super nerd so I love all things Star Wars, but "I was going to go to the Toshi station and pick up some power converters!" Really?

But I'm not here trying to convince anyone. I'm said my peace.

14. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:38 Bundy

Bumpy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:18:
How about coming out with a decent single player Star Wars game for once?

Doesn't look like it'll happen. EA seems to be shutting the door on SP games. Not enough money in it for them. Hoping that the BF2 failure will change some minds, but I doubt it.

854 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo