Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 841 (Graduate)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 27, 2018, 23:12 Bundy

Can't read Cutter's post b/c I've blocked him years ago, but otherwise it's like Infowars comments in here. Time for more blocking!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Released
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Released Feb 27, 2018, 23:10 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 21:45:
I get that they're "brand building" and all of that, but I feel strongly that rendered trailers just take away resources from making the game.

Typically pre-rendered cutscenes like this aren't done inhouse, they just farm this stuff out. But if it was there probably wouldn't be much overlap. The bulk of changes with this patch were improving existing systems.

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
4. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 3, 2018, 00:56 Bundy

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 21:34:
I loved that crazy Blood Dragon DLC that Far Cry 3 got, so this sounds exciting. I skipped FC4 and Primal so the main game will be less repetitive for me as well.

Couldn't get past the whole guy in the pink suit thing either huh?

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
28. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 17:59 Bundy

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:22:
Slick wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?

No that was Lionhead.

Both were Molynaux though, right?

23. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:11 Bundy

Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:26:
Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

The only thing that could've saved the prequels was the supposedly planned Jar Jar Sith Lord story. That would've made it far more interesting and 10x better. But they threw it away cause Lucas was timid about Jar Jars reception, apparently.

I've heard that theory, if true I wish they'd have gone through with it. If executed well it could have been great.

22. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:09 Bundy

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:27:
Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:57:
Still plenty of salt to go around, apparently...

=-Rigs-=

Well, sure. It's mined on Crait which is covered with the stuff.

Giggle

Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

GTFO, Bundy...I...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

Nope. Sorry Rigs. Fantastic universe, but not very good movies. I know that they're ancient and small budget and all that, but compared to the 3 new ones they're awful. I'm a super nerd so I love all things Star Wars, but "I was going to go to the Toshi station and pick up some power converters!" Really?

But I'm not here trying to convince anyone. I'm said my peace.

14. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:38 Bundy

Bumpy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:18:
How about coming out with a decent single player Star Wars game for once?

Doesn't look like it'll happen. EA seems to be shutting the door on SP games. Not enough money in it for them. Hoping that the BF2 failure will change some minds, but I doubt it.

13. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 18:35 Bundy

Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
16. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 24, 2018, 00:55 Bundy

Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 10:48:
Bundy wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 22:55:
lol, man you guys never disappoint. Not enough comments though, I'll go on twitter and read some more Last Jedi threads. Fill up my daily crazy internet readings.

Some people not liking the frankly godawful Microsoft Store is "crazy internet readings" apparently? Ok then. Funny how you always seem butthurt when Microsoft is impugned.

Lol, I was wondering when you'd show up. Bait taken.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2018, 00:50 Bundy

Yeah I remember getting into an argument with someone here who told me that it was just ancidotal evidence that my kids and all of their friends were hooked on this game. Because it wasn't like that at all in his town. It couldn't be that popular...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2018, 22:57 Bundy

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 19:14:
Linus is a little more peeved than normal.

Yeah, Linus is always living his life somewhere between douchebag and straight up asshole. He's a smart guy, but I don't want to ever meet or know him.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
11. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 22:55 Bundy

lol, man you guys never disappoint. Not enough comments though, I'll go on twitter and read some more Last Jedi threads. Fill up my daily crazy internet readings.  

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
10. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 18:41 Bundy

Really wanted to like this series, but every time I try to play any of them I can't do it for more than half an hour. I just don't get it.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2017, 21:22 Bundy

OMG! A tech news article about a battery breakthrough! Say it isn't so!  

News Comments > Morning Patches
10. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 21:11 Bundy

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:39:
Am I the only one who found Battlefront two single player fun AF

Honestly, I'm quite enjoying it. It does show it's limitations in that you can tell it's a MP game with an SP mode tacked on, but being a SW nerd and seeing what happened right after EP6 was too good to pass up. There's some questions answered about Force Awakens and things that tie it closer to the original series.

News Comments > Civilization VI Fall Update & New DLC
3. Re: Civilization VI Fall Update & New DLC Oct 20, 2017, 19:57 Bundy

This worth buying with the coupon? I was waiting on a couple patches to fix the launch issues.  

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
48. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 18:35 Bundy

Dr Evil levels of diabolical going on here.  

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Trailer
13. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Trailer Oct 9, 2017, 20:39 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 18:14:
Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 16:22:
I'm sure Microsoft will defund this soon anyway like they kill most of their non-Forza/Gears exclusives.

What? What the fuck does Microsoft have to do with this game? Frontier have been self-publishing for quite a while now.

Wow, guys.

One dude thinks this is an open world exploration game, even though the news article states literally in the first sentence "the management simulation in the works at Frontier Developments".
The next dude fantasizes about Microshit pulling funding?

What the actual fuck? Did I miss something crucial today? Is today World Fantasy Day where everyone gets to spout some completely random drivel pretending it's a fact?

The real craziness is that CJ Parker is the most sane guy in the room!

It's a theme park simulator. Frontier made Planet Coaster, Zoo Tycoon, so think those.

This is not a Microsoft game. It's being published by Frontier themselves, as they've done with their last several titles.

News Comments > Cuphead Released
14. Re: Cuphead Released Sep 30, 2017, 00:11 Bundy

It's really good guys. No brainer purchase in my opinion.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2017, 22:24 Bundy

It does have James Cameron behind it. And he did make the last successful one, so maybe that'll do the trick. If it doesn't, nothing will.  

841 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo