Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mac
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 6, 2007, 16:05
Total Comments 183 (Novice)
User ID 44014

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
14. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:51 Mac

So, basically the same dates as every other year?

Also, rare for Steam to be the cheapest place to buy the games now in any case ... shame!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
28. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 14:12 Mac

Hopefully we are getting close to the answer to How far do you have to milk your customers before they tell you to F*ck off!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer
3. Re: Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 08:14 Mac

I was interested in this 2 months ago - delaying PC launch is crap. I'll wait for the 10 GOTY edition instead ... whats another 12 months ...  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free Content Outlined Oct 11, 2017, 06:05 Mac

Sticking to waiting for GOTY editions now - games normally patched up and you get the full game ... Win/Win  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month
3. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Ends This Month Oct 7, 2017, 04:31 Mac

El Pit wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 02:30:
Rhett wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 23:59:
Just in time to get, then proceed to get bored with, Destiny 2!

The new patch they're working on (D3) is looking great. Tons more build variety.

How about "tons more contents"? No? Well, been there, done that. Moved on.

Agreed - I'm so bored of leveling up a new character, jumping through the same/similar hoops to get the portraits, etc and then endless GRifts ... just not fun anymore!

News Comments > FIFA 18 Kicks Off
2. Re: FIFA 18 Kicks Off Sep 30, 2017, 04:19 Mac

Neilsouth wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 11:06:
Utter waste of money, the amount of Fifa games I see for 50p-1 at charity shops and boot fairs because people want rid of em and paid the same price as they did today! Only Fifa 17 was like 10 or so this last year :/

Agree with the point - basically the same game year after year with team updates. The pain with PC gaming is that we are now paying the same as console prices, but we cant even give our games away to charity when we have finished with them ...

News Comments > WWE 2K18 Season Pass Details
1. Re: WWE 2K18 Season Pass Details Sep 27, 2017, 12:22 Mac

How about they just finish the game and release it then rather than charging more and more for the joy of getting a complete game?  

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
10. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 13:26 Mac

Still waiting for a reason to upgrade my 2500k ...

Joy of games being developed for out of date consoles - the needs on a PC only increase slowly!

News Comments > Diablo III Introducing Challenge Rifts
3. Re: Diablo III Introducing Challenge Rifts Jun 17, 2017, 09:24 Mac

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 09:12:
The breadth of build variety in Diablo III is vast

Gave me a good chuckle.

The bredth of build is huge, the problem is that only 1 or 2 per class are actually viable ... everyone goes cookie cutter for this very reason!

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics
8. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 04:00 Mac

Diablo 3 is a far better game now than at launch. However, the end game still stinks ... just grinding GRifts, the odd bounty run to get materials, and normal Rifts for Keys so you can do more GRifts just isn't fun ...

Seasons are okay, and do get me back to play - but I have no inclination to carry on once I have comlpeted the Season journey. Just sit back and wait 2 months + for the next season. They should look at PoE for how to do seasons, and short sharp challenges.

They also need to seriously review the end game - just grinding GRifts over and over is just not fun!

News Comments > Mafia III Free Content Update
4. Re: Mafia III Free Content Update Dec 22, 2016, 04:25 Mac

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 20:34:
I'm hoping this game goes on a rather severe sale tomorrow, it looks like a lot of fun at $9.99 or so.

It's available in a lot of places (G2A, CDKeys, etc) for less...

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon
9. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Ends Soon Dec 17, 2016, 03:46 Mac

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 20:20:
Is the Diablo 1 mode live yet?

It is on the PTR Test Server

News Comments > The Division Expansion Testing Details
9. Re: The Division Expansion Testing Details Nov 9, 2016, 13:00 Mac

I logged in to try the new patch, only to realise that the 30 or so others on my friends list with this are nowhere to be seen ... the player drop off must be massive?

I also see that there are still no guild features in the game either ...

GAH!

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
24. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 04:34 Mac

There is an easy answer to all of this - just stop pre-ordering games and wait for the reviews. That way you will hopefully avoid a lot of the dross which is thrown out of the door these days.

It is always worth waiting in any case, as it's more likely that patches will be released to fix the stuff they were unable to complete before the Publisher forced them to to gold.

I used to buy 2-3 new releases every month, accepting that some will be a bit crap, but then they started to hike the prices to console prices and ship more and more unfinished games, along with the DLC crap. I now just wait and probably buy 7 or so new release games a year - but I really enjoy them. I then catch up on the other stuff when it is sub 10 in the sales.

Win Win - I get to play all of the games, and pay what I believe to be a reasonable price given the quality of some of the releases. My backlog ensures i'm never short of something to play.

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins
2. Re: GOG.com Adding Two-Step Logins Oct 16, 2016, 13:15 Mac

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 12:25:
Thanks but I never store my CC details online anywhere. So the most someone could do either DL games I've bought or buy me some new ones.

Or alter your password and email address and make it a general pain in the ass to get your account back. Hopefully you use different passwords for your bank, steam, MMO's, etc too or they also have access to them

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
7. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 16:29 Mac

Fantaz wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:54:
30 FPS sucks... will wait for the patch, and hopefully it's good then or i'll just wait for the patch after that

i'm surprised they made a Mafia 3 at least, since it's been a long while and i thought the franchise was dead

the early user reviews on Steam and metacritic don't look too hot

erm ... this is the news that the FPS limit has been patched. Nice rant though

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Specs
26. Re: Gears of War 4 Specs Oct 6, 2016, 03:34 Mac

Looks like it is DX12 only, which means it will run like a dog with 4 broken legs on my NVIDIA 970.

Hopefully they do the same as they did with Quantum Break and release a DX11 Steam version?

News Comments > Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Released
1. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered Released Oct 5, 2016, 04:49 Mac

Over 2000 of DLC ... ouch!  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution: The Voice of Freedom Released
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution: The Voice of Freedom Released Sep 28, 2016, 14:07 Mac

I tried the free weekend ... really enjoyed my first two hours in the game, then it transported me to a new hub and it all went downhill from there ...

What was a nice open game where I was taking locations, etc turned into a dark, random run and hide until the timer runs down game. It was so dark I actually walked into mobs without seeing them and then the alarms went off ...

Uninstalled after 30 mins of this nonsense ... shame, as it was fun to start with ...

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
9. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 14:39 Mac

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 13:41:
NetHead wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 11:55:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:10:
Excellent point, Blue. I got all excited reading the story, only to be instantly disappointed.

Diablo 3 in a nutshell.

Sounds like me losing my virginity...

You clearly did it wrong :p

But I understand the goat was very happy ...

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2016, 14:47.

183 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo