Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mac
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 6, 2007, 16:05
Total Comments 164 (Novice)
User ID 44014

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
9. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 14:39 Mac

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 13:41:
NetHead wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 11:55:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:10:
Excellent point, Blue. I got all excited reading the story, only to be instantly disappointed.

Diablo 3 in a nutshell.

Sounds like me losing my virginity...

You clearly did it wrong :p

But I understand the goat was very happy ...

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2016, 14:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
16. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 14, 2016, 16:08 Mac

ItBurn wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 12:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 12:35:
Gadzooks wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 12:14:
Hey apathetic devs and publishers... stop it. Even Microsoft gets it now. We dont want another launcher. Just put it on steam or sell it on gog.com.

Just knock it the hell off.

Easy for us to say, but Steam charges quite a fee to sell your game, when you are big enough why would one simply surrender such revenue? I get our side of it, but I get their side as well.

Yeah, you can't blame them, but it's actually also good for us. Competition is good for consumers.

I'm not convinced competition is that good - just look at sports in the UK. I used to be able to watch football for the price of my TV License. Now, if I want to watch it I need a TV License, Sky Sports Subscription, BT Sports Subscription and pay for EuroSports too ... I missed the part where it was an improvement!

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... May 25, 2016, 03:55 Mac

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 25, 2016, 01:12:
Already uninstalled this. Nothing they've done has inspired me to come back to it. Still a shitfest.

Great insight from someone who has uninstalled it ...

I played the update last night and did some High Value Targets in the PVE area and around 2 hours in the DZ ... thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest!

Loot drops are a lot better, and the option to relax a little and do something worthwhile in the PVE area, which still nets High End Items is a welcome change

I haven't tried the new incursion yet, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Overall, this is a good step forward - which is something I couldn't say about previous updates!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
36. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 17:36 Mac

Hump wrote on May 2, 2016, 16:21:
Ugh, just lazy development.

"Remastered" = some higher rez textures, new audio etc. No Sale assholes.

Erm, this is all they do every year - the core game is still CoD4 just with new shiny textures and less options with regards dedicated servers ...

News Comments > Supernova Open Beta
3. Re: Supernova Open Beta Mar 30, 2016, 04:25 Mac

MattyC wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 01:09:
Do we really need another F2P MOBA? Seems like the market is a bit saturated at the moment.

^^^ This ^^^

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support
7. Re: Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support Mar 11, 2016, 13:27 Mac

KS wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 13:01:
Yeesh I loved it but don't even know where my discs are anymore.

I assume a 63 fire trapsassin is still on their server somewhere. Alls I was doing was Pindleskin runs anyway.

You don't need your disks if you previously registered it on Blizzard's webby you can download the game

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 02:57 Mac

Another game where I'll wait a year until it's finished and then pick it up for <10 ...

Sticking to my new years resolution of not supporting the shitty DLC model. I never had a problem with proper expansions, but the pre-pay on sub-standard DLC model that is so prevalent now is just destroying gaming for me.

Why anyone pre-orders games and pre-pays for season passes makes no sense at all these days ... way too many developers following the Peter Molyneux model of promising everything and delivering nothing but charging AAA prices to find out.

Alarm bells should be going for anyone pre-ordering The Division ... no proper reviews prior to launch ... Oo

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
5. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 21, 2016, 16:27 Mac

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 15:08:
Hrm, not sure about Gunstar Heroes or Viking:Battle for Asgard (it's just "Viking" on Steam!), but Renegade Ops is actually pretty good.

Just turn on 'Tank' steering for Renegade Ops and you can avoid the weird control issue of their default controls.

I loved Gunstar Heroes on the megadrive ... but i'll stick with the 'rose tinted nostalgia' rather than install this

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
8. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 24, 2016, 05:44 Mac

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 24, 2016, 00:41:
Yifes wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 23:45:
Every time I stop playing for a few months and come back, the game feels almost like a new game.

If you believe this you aren't very bright. League of legends has less content then games over 10 years old. It's the biggest scam in gaming, I've wondered where this game could have been if it was opened up to the public to mod. The heroes are usually just reskins/skill swaps with some stat modifying. It has way less maps than many games that came before it. The same maps are played over and over again.

Someone getting bent out of shape over someone elses opinion on the internet, and stating that 'they are not very bright' as an insult has a certain irony to it ...

Everyone has an opinion ... and that's all they are 'opinions', not fact and certainly not justifying a personal insult!

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Begins
13. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 17, 2016, 02:31 Mac

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 15:01:
Yeah... still zero interest in playing seasons, Blizzard. Forcing stash unlocks into seasonal play is really a scumbag move.

To be fair, the majority of people playing seasons will not get the unlock. It is hidden behind the Season Journey, which will need people to:

-Kill Diablo & Greed on T10
-Reach GR50 solo
-Finish a T9+ rift in under 4 minutes
-Level 3 legendary gems to rank 50
-Complete 2 Conquests

For reference, the conquests for Season 5 are:

-Clear Act I-V Campaign in an hour
-Achieve a 50mil gold streak
-Clear GR45 no set items (upgraded from no "class" sets last season)
-Master 8 set dungeons
-Clear GR55 with 6 different class sets

Plus, it is 1 tab per seasons. Each season lasts for 3 months. To get the full 10 tabs, you will HAVE to play every season for 1 year straight!

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Begins
12. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 17, 2016, 02:24 Mac

Icewind wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 20:04:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 19:26:
Ant wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 19:07:
0 interest in playing Diablo 3 after playing its beta. Is it better now?
The original beta? I think there's a fairly large consensus the game was significantly better after the expansion.

Post game is amazingly fun. The 10 hours it takes to bring a new character there? Not so fun.

It used to be around 10 hours, but doing adventure mode (bounties and rifts) it is around 3-4 hours now. Plus, if you do bounties you are really farming the drops you need to use the cube properly, so it isn't wasted grind like it used to be.

If you have a friend, they can boost you from 0-70 in around 30 minutes doing T6 rifts.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
50. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 03:13 Mac

To be fair, even with their sale prices, Steam is rarely the cheapest place to buy games in any case.

I miss the days when their sales were wallet emptying exciting ... now, they are just damp squibs!

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
46. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 03:07 Mac

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 01:34:
GFX the same... FO3 left. FO4 right.

http://i.imgur.com/ZHG5HtC.jpg

The fact you had to explain which was which tells its own story

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 19:02 Mac

You can already buy it for under 10 with some DLC from CDKeys.com ...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers Oct 25, 2015, 10:02 Mac

The could package up a turd and call it CoD ... the 12 year olds would still buy it in their millions ... insane!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
29. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 17:06 Mac

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 16:44:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 16:33:
I don't know much about GW2, but if the game doesn't have a subscription, why would they have to thank you for anything? You paid for a game, and got a game - isn't that all there is to it?

If you had been paying a monthly subscription, then I sort of get it, but with the way the game is now, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Man, I really hit a nerve there for some people.

Whatever. As I said before: no thank you to you loyal player base is in my opinion a very bad move. Would it have hurt them big time to say "Guys, you stayed with us from the beginning, here's $5 off from the expansion for you"? But the only guys who got a present is EVERYBODY ELSE but the veterans. Is it really so difficult for a lot of you talking about "entitlement" to understand that it would have been the right move to show some gratitude to people that supported you from the beta?

But to each their own. I cannot and will not accept such a behavior and will therefore no longer buy anything with ArenaNet on it. Hey, I might be one of the lucky guys and - after the release of the next expansion - might get this one for free.

But this is business ... they know the people who have been there from the beginning will buy it, so charge as much as you can ...

People who haven't been there from the off will need more encouragement to part with their ...

Economics 101 ...

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced
7. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Announced Oct 14, 2015, 13:41 Mac

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 10:15:
I keep meaning to try the first one on ps4, since it was free a month or two ago...

Thanks for sharing. I had cake today ...

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
8. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 13:57 Mac

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 13:41:
Mac wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 09:58:
Lies ... I've tried the game twice and not once have I had to queue for a server ... they are just trying to feed the hype machine.

I'd say twice is a fairly small sample size.

Agreed, but has anyone had any probs getting a game?

News Comments > More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers
1. Re: More Star Wars Battlefront Beta Servers Oct 9, 2015, 09:58 Mac

Lies ... I've tried the game twice and not once have I had to queue for a server ... they are just trying to feed the hype machine.

The game looks pretty, but fundamentally it is a re-skinned COD clone, and nothing like its Battlefront routes ... just a console cash in!

Played for around 15 minutes in total and I just can't see myself going back ... certainly not tempted to pre-order!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 17:36 Mac

Byte wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 17:09:
No real interest in this, unfortunately.

After watching the special people, aka twitch gamers, play it for the last few days.. it just felt like battlefield meets cod in star wars environment

This 1000%

I loved BF2 and even 3 to start with, but this is just pure COD gameplay with a Star Wars skin ...

Don't get me wrong, it is fun for the 30 mins I played it, but I have no need to go back - unlike the 100's of hours I put into BF2

164 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo