Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

whoops!
Aug 28, 2007, 11:38
whoops! Aug 28, 2007, 11:38
Aug 28, 2007, 11:38

oh, as a swift addendum to my comment earlier; i also meant to say, I hope my criticism of the AI doesnt put anybody off trying this demo. The AI soldiers in this demo are accepted to be crude,ill trained/ equipped as large parts of the Italian forces were in Husky. ( It is often pointed out that with very little leadership or support by way of artillery/mechanised units, the italians actually did a fairly sturdy job of making the americans pay for the ground they took. Had it been Waffen SS Storm Troopers Husky may have been considerably less successful and more bloody, much like the allied deliberation at Anzio was costly....) anyway i digress....so on the scale of i think approximately 9-10 different types/abilities of Nazi uniform these guys are the 'basic training' 'drafted' boys of the italian interior, and therefore understandably seem "stupid and a bad shot". what i will qualify is that right at the end of the demo as you think you are about to squeeze a bit more action out of it prior to the demo ending, you are facing the 'German Heer' troops - basically army personel of the Wehrmacht (luftwaffe ground crew and members of the navy drafted into Wehrmacht uniform).This implies that they are of a slightly higher grade/calibre than the italian forces, which they certainly - for those fleeting seconds at least - seem to be.

In a nutshell - the AI and opposition may certainly increase in skill, ingenuity and general nasty nazi-ness as the game progresses - at least i hope so. Sorry for rambling

"Lover, Surfer, Gamer"

Re: No subject
Aug 28, 2007, 09:07
Re: No subject Aug 28, 2007, 09:07
Aug 28, 2007, 09:07

Hello,
I thought this was an ok demo, on expert it was quite immersive and required some concentration, as opposed to some other games of a similar genre, i agree it is a reminder of Cod2 although i could not help feeling it was less gritty and perhaps a little consoley in that sense. Did anyone find that if you got the 3rd marksman awards with a rifle, the dudes flew miles when you shot them? that was kind of fun, and almost echoes HL2. On the down side, the AI are still stupid, and a bad shot, but way more aggressive in close quarters. i also found that whilst the parachuting etc was quite cool, and 'greased' landings were rewarding, the disappearance of dead enemies was highly annoying. Maybe i am the only one who thinks this, but there should be more blood and gore in wwII shooters, you know: pink mist, body parts, screaming - in this demo, there is the odd spurt with a well aimed headshot - i dunno, you see it in other games and then i find myself wondering why wwII Fps' are left out. A frag grenade should frag a nazi, not just aliens etc and leave a nice mess.

Anyway, on the whole it left me wanting more, sorry that wasnt particualrly technical but i had no issues with frame rate or anything, jsut crashed once at a checkpoint.

info:

Intel Core Duo
2GBRAM
nvid Geforce 8800GTX
XP pro 32 bit.

Anyhoo - i'll give it a bash i reckon, will be annoyingly easy i think....hmph.

***Lover, Surfer, Gamer***

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older