Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 321 (Amateur)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2011, 01:39 Caladell

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 23:33:
Ray Marden wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 22:40:
and don't get me started on the joy I am having with Deus Ex: Human Revolution..

*gets Ray started*

Game of the Year, and quite frankly, Game of the (past) Decade. If it wasn't for the truly fucking miserable boss fights, I'd call it the best game ever.

Creston

Speaking of which, Amazon has it for 34.99 right now. And that's the digital download version. Just snagged it, and it's now downloading through Steam.
And also, if any of you haven't picked up Metro 2033 yet, it's a steal at $5 on Steam. I had preordered Homefront and got Metro for free, but after Homefront actually came out, the way I looked at it was that I bought Metro and got Homefront for free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer
5. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Jun 24, 2011, 16:11 Caladell

I've never played the other games, as I just thought of them as GTA ripoffs. Maybe they weren't really, but I never paid any attention.
This game, however, looks awesome. Seems like it's going to be a ridiculous, crazy ass blast of a game.
Hopefully they'll end up having a demo as well

News Comments > EA's Online Service
21. Re: EA's Online Service Jun 3, 2011, 16:02 Caladell

Origin is just a renamed version of the EA Download Manger. The only good I found to come of EADM was linking my retail copy of ME2 to my EA account. Doing that, I don't have to have the disk in anymore. And yes, I know there are nocd's out there, but those have always been kinda funky for the ME games.

News Comments > IGN sells Direct2Drive?
3. Re: IGN sells Direct2Drive? May 20, 2011, 13:34 Caladell

I was wondering if this was going to happen. Especially after IGN opened up their PC store. Your account and purchases show up on D2D and the IGN PC store, so I'm wondering if they're basically selling the name. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean May 11, 2011, 01:09 Caladell

...is now available in North America for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP, DS, and 3DS

Aww, no PC version for this one? Bummer. These really are great games. I haven't played through any of them yet, but I have played them all except for Indy 2. My son is addicted to em though, which is the main reason I've played em.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 1, 2011, 13:33 Caladell

Actually, on that Brink deal, you get New Vegas for 19.99  

News Comments > Homefront Patch & Patch Plans
2. Re: Homefront Patch & Patch Plans Apr 26, 2011, 23:26 Caladell

Hardcore mode? It already takes like 2 hits to kill someone.
Unless you're me. Seems like I can pump 10 or so rounds into someone, then they turn to look at me and I die.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2011, 23:04 Caladell

Also, Mount & Blade Warband is on sale over at Impulse for 80% off today  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Anomaly: Warzone Earth
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Anomaly: Warzone Earth Apr 9, 2011, 03:53 Caladell

Been trying to download the demo off of Steam for the last 7 or 8 hours. Clicking on the Download Demo button doesn't do anything

Game does look kinda cool though

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2011, 01:08 Caladell

Wonder if they're going to phase out D2D. Just logged in at the IGN PC Store, and clicked my account, and all the games that I have gotten from D2D show up there.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2011, 18:56 Caladell

I feel the same way about the TW games. I have Rome, Medieval, and the first Shogun, but they're a bit much. Which is why I was wondering about King Arthur. Seems like the same type of game, but maybe not as much micro-managing. On sale on Impulse right now for 3 bucks. Maybe I'll just pick it up anyway.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2011, 13:42 Caladell

Wowbagger, just go here http://www.starwraith.com/main/go.htm and download it. You get a 30 minute time frame I believe to check out the game. It's pretty cool, and one of these days I'm gonna buy one of his games. Just haven't gotten around to it yet  

News Comments > Happiness is a Warm Gun
7. Re: Happiness is a Warm Gun Mar 5, 2011, 11:11 Caladell

Cornholio wrote on Mar 5, 2011, 11:05:
I was in shock that I'm not the only crusty bastard to remember AQ2!
*raises can o' beer to the sky and sheds a tear*

Ah yes...playing AQ2 with my 33.6 modem, and 500-1000ms ping...those were the days
Aside from the ping issue, that mod was awesome. Had a lot of fun with it despite the lag

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? [Updated]
17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Countdown? Feb 26, 2011, 00:50 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Feb 26, 2011, 00:19:
They shouldn't bother with subtitles anymore and just add the year at the end of the title.

Or maybe the quarter?

News Comments > Blacklight Sequel Free
3. Re: Blacklight Sequel Free Jan 15, 2011, 03:10 Caladell

Or maybe even BOLD RED!  

News Comments > Arx Fatalis Patch, Source Code Released
3. Re: Arx Fatalis Patch, Source Code Released Jan 14, 2011, 12:57 Caladell

Very cool. Maybe now I'll actually play through this. Had this game for years, but it's one of those that I start, then forget about for months, only to start it again, and, of course, forget about it again. Now just have to wait for it to be updated through Steam as this patch won't apply to the Steam version  

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2010, 01:38 Caladell

Golwar wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 18:38:
Get Hegemony, get it now!
Sweet game and with the betas leading to the Gold version, they add so many improvements that you can't do anything wrong for $3...

Thank you for that suggestion. I had seen it was on sale, but knew nothing about the game, and just passed it over. Most games like that I don't pay attention to because they just don't do it for me. But after you mentioned it, I decided to try the demo, and just after a few minutes, I bought it. It's now roughly 3 hours later, and I'm taking my first break from it.
What does it for me is that it has combat similar to the total war games, but without the boring-ass city parts. It's really like a more streamlined total war game. Build units, send em out to conquer, rout enemies, capture them as slaves, and send em to work in your mines
Good game, and I recommend it to any Risk/Total War fans.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2010, 22:34 Caladell

Speaking of Risen, I just got that at a great price. Saw it was on sale at Direct2Drive for $15 bucks, and ordered it. Ended up being one of the every 5 orders, so got it for free
Haven't played it much yet, but it seems pretty good.

News Comments > New Steam Client
1. Re: New Steam Client Aug 30, 2010, 21:32 Caladell

Update is kinda wonky for me. I have no connection to friends or anything. Trying to sign in to add Dead Rising 2 to my wishlist is telling me incorrect login as well. Ugh  

News Comments > Need for Speed World Open Beta
7. Re: Need for Speed World Open Beta Jul 2, 2010, 23:07 Caladell

Yeah, it's worth trying, but it's not really that special. It looks decent, controls well, but just feels kinda 'blah'. Is this going to be F2P? If so, it'd be cool to play every once in a while, but I definitely don't see myself playing it a ton.  

321 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo