Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 321 (Amateur)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2011, 14:45 Caladell

I've got 2 copies of The Ship to give away, and just got a coupon for 50% off Stalker-Call of Pripyat. You want em, just lemme know.
SteamID: Caladell

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2011, 02:01 Caladell

Anyone want a copy of The Ship on Steam? Got it as an achievement reward, and it's labeled as a two pack. I already have it, so I have two copies to give away. Steam name is Caladell if you want it.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch
2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 12:57 Caladell

I wish it would run for me. Ends up just hanging on the map loading screen. I've left it for quite a while-I think close to an hour once just to see if it would indeed load. Haven't found any help on the forums either. Ah well. I suppose that's why it's beta  

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
28. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 20:51 Caladell

Rossafur wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 17:56:
... Their mod manager makes keeping mods organized and up to date many times more simple than ever before....

Any way to update mods from within the manager? It shows my version, and the current version, but I see no way to update without going back to the site and doing a search on it.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
3. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Nov 25, 2011, 19:06 Caladell

Yep, hit Steam too. Mine updated recently. Haven't tried it yet, but it appears that many people who have the Ultimate version are having serious issues.  

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
79. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 23:21 Caladell

CrimsonPaw wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 20:59:
My first character will be a ranger / mage / rogue type character (in that order). I love using bows in these games and I enjoy the stealth element as well; I'm thinking of starting off as a Khajit - any thoughts?

I've been thinking of going with a Kajit as well. Never chosen that race before. I normally go with a Redguard, Breton, or Wood Elf.

40 friggin minutes...

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
23. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:06 Caladell

Now we just need preloads to start. Would suck to have to start downloading on release day  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2011, 22:33 Caladell

Let us know how it is. Even though it's super cheap, I'm on the fence about it. I played the first one, and while fun, I remember it being quite difficult. Never did play the second one.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer Oct 25, 2011, 01:26 Caladell

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 00:09:
I can't take it anymore. I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT WANTITITIWANWITNWNWNWW MUST HAVE IT!!!!

Creston

It's crazy to think that we're just about 2 and a half weeks away. Seriously, this date has come up fast! Not that I'm complaining...

News Comments > XIII Returning Next Month
8. Re: XIII Returning Next Month Oct 17, 2011, 22:38 Caladell

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 22:27:
Bumpy wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 22:19:
Cell shading needs to die. Ugg.

Yep. It never bothered me as much as I thought it would in Borderlands, but at the same time, every time I play it I keep thinking "This would look so much better with crisp, normal textures."

Creston

Go here

You can use that to at least get rid of the black outlines. Really makes a difference

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 9, 2011, 23:56 Caladell

Calwen wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 14:31:
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed when a demo ended. It was also the first time a demo ever motivated me to unlock the full game immediately, only to find out the damn game isn't even out yet.

Go go Tuesday!

I didn't look at the game much before today, but after ready the comments, and mainly yours Calwen, I decided to go ahead and try the demo.
Man! Had the same reaction as you. When it popped up to do the unlock, I was like, awww!
Funny too cause looking at the video and such it didn't really appeal to me. Fun game though. So thanks for the comments folks. Never would have looked at the game otherwise

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 6, 2011, 22:26 Caladell

Another new one is Insane 2 on Gamersgate

Never played the first one, but heard some good stuff about it

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
28. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 12:18 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 02:42:
Just picked up RO2 myself today. Go to greenmangaming.com. They have a usable code for the weekend that'll knock the price of the game down to $30.

GetGames is selling it for $24.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

Wow, never heard of that place before. Looking around there a bit, I'm seeing some very nice prices.

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
19. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 23:50 Caladell

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:24:
I'll be getting RO2 before I touch another CoD game anytime soon.

I was able to try RO2 for about 15min at a friends house, and the infantry combat felt pretty good. Still not paying $40 for it though.

Just picked up RO2 myself today. Go to greenmangaming.com. They have a usable code for the weekend that'll knock the price of the game down to $30. Haven't played a lot of it yet, but it seems pretty good.

My biggest issue with BF3 is getting kicked constantly. I haven't been able to play a full match yet. Highly annoying. Especially once you get kicked you have to load the whole game again. Ugh

News Comments > New Post Apocalyptic Mayhem DLC; Free Weekend; Sale
3. Re: New Post Apocalyptic Mayhem DLC; Free Weekend; Sale Sep 30, 2011, 10:56 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 03:02:
I wish there were more pure vehicular combat games rather than combat racing games like this. I long for another Carmageddon or Interstate 76.

Isn't there a new Carmageddon coming out? I sure had some good times with the second one

News Comments > BF3 Beta Early Access Answers
4. Re: BF3 Beta Early Access Answers Sep 24, 2011, 02:23 Caladell

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 01:41:
Well, I qualify as bought Medal Of Honor: Limited Edition on Steam ages ago. But I don't have a key listed for BF3 where it says I should. Either it won't appear until closer to the date or it's missing. Either way EA really hasn't been clear about things.

If it works like the Alpha, you'll get an email from EA with a key for the beta.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2011, 17:57 Caladell

I agree with a lot of the comments here. Sometimes HUD's are great, other times not.
One HUD system that I really like is that of Dead Space. You see your health on your character and ammo on your weapons. They did a good job of having a HUD while not having a standard HUD. Granted, something like that wouldn't work too well in other games, but for that it was perfect.

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
17. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 13, 2011, 22:43 Caladell

Sepharo wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 22:33:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 22:21:
I hope they do patch one in, as I generally like to join servers with around 16-18 people.

Huh?

I was under the impression that although the server browser isn't ingame that there still is a server browser.

Yep, there is. Just accessed through the Battlelog site. Once you choose a server, the game loads in the background, and a little notification will tell you that it's ready. Optionally, you can have it just switch to the game once it's done loading. Also, as has been said already, loading is a lot faster than the older games. Just yesterday I played a match of BF2, and was seriously annoyed at how long it took to load the map.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 5, 2011, 02:47 Caladell

Hmm. Depends on when you clicked the link. I've noticed that Impulse sales end at 10pm Pacific Time. My client is showing that the Titan Quest bundle is the daily deal for today. Although right now I'm getting a 404 on it.
Anyway, maybe that's why the Dead Space bundle looks lousy. You could have just missed the sale price.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2011, 12:12 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 02:45:
I predict the Monday announcement will be for DLC. I'd prefer a patch that lets you turn off the radar, though. That thing is so ridiculously overpowered, it renders almost all of the stealth augmentations useless.

Can always duct tape your monitor

321 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo